test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa rubber-banding with floaters

Might have to retract this since it could simply be that Risa #1 is too crowded with close to 50 users all hogging the map with too many servers to keep all insync, since there probably isn't a server limit set to create more maps until Tuesday...

I do NOT enjoy bringing light to issues....but when it is this constant I have to.

On Risa's new map (Risa #1 with 49 users) I am getting constant rubber-banding effects floating with the floater every time. It is worse than I've ever seen in STO in my 3 previous years of Risa Summer.

Every attempt to fly around the mountain, or take a new direction leads to my character rubber-banding backwards. Several others if not all are reporting the same issue quite consistently at every attempt to use floaters.

I do not know if it is the new map causing the net lag, or if anything can be done, but I figure now's the time to bring attention to it before Tuesday when there's more maps, more users, and a Biathlon race, and many players just flying around to get ship vouchers.
Everyone will experience this from what it seems.

I've tried different lower graphics settings, and it has made no difference. The rubber-banding is consistent with every attempt to move forward with a floater.

It appears to also be occurring with powerboards and any basic distance movement on Risa at his time.
Post edited by zateron#9297 on

Comments

• Options
    zateron#9297 zateron Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Now Risa map is only a social zone with a 20 player limit. Usually in previous years when Summer Event was over the map would increase to a 34 player limit, or more since the map is only for social.