What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First impression: Peril over Pahvo

124»

Comments

• Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I first played this last night with my Sci toon and it was a blood bath. My gravity wells pretty much vacuumed everything up and it seemed as soon as the ships touched the GW, they instantly exploded. The only challenge I’m seeing from this is trying to get my cool downs in a better rythym. I tried my other toons and it’s simply not challenging at all. It’s a time waster, but i’ll Collect the tfo marks for something I want in the future.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Honestly I can't blame them. The missions are programmed to be played afk, boring with a timer and you are forced to do them 14 times if you want the reward unless you want to spend some cash of course. Afk'ler should just sign up together like the do over public queues in the chat. I don't like people afk if they sign up without grouping. The least they can do is click on follow somebody and have weapons on autofire.

But yeah i noticed plenty of leechers, they die and never respawn ect... There is no challenge, so i don't expect anybody to take this seriously however they should at least make the effort to engage in some way.
    Honestly, I don't see many AFKers at all in these missions.

I play Mirror Invasion about 3 times a day when its running, and during the whole 21 day event I see, maybe, 6-7 AFKErs. So about 6-7 of the 250+ I play with. Same with Pahvo, I played it usually twice a day when it was running, had literally all of one person AFK, and that was until everyone yelled at him enough to where he eventually actually joined for the second half.

I don't know if there are rules against listing public channels, but I can name two public channels that are loaded with people. Only because a public service channel funneled the TFO afking service to those channels. Most of the time, it's a number of premades formed as a result.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Stupid forum bug making my post a goofy quote. A big can of bugspray mixed with promethium might fix that.
    That isn't a forum bug, that's you accidentally deleting a bracket somewhere when you copied the post that means the quote tags aren't properly closed.

Having quoted your post and looked at it, I already have found the missing bracket... good luck!
    Technically it's misplaced, not missing. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    I know this may be hard for you to understand, but some people don't CARE about the rewards, and simply play things for the FUN, and CHALLENGE. Which is pretty much what elite difficulty in STO is for.
    It's not hard for me to understand at all. But seems to be hard for you to understand that for some people the rewards ARE the fun.

To be fair, your statements don't exactly reflect the idea of "multiple approaches for everybody".
    Which nobody will play
    The only thing anyone has any reason to play, is Advanced. Normal and Elite might as well not even exist.
    The point of playing it is the event token.

You may (or will) be speaking your mind here. And many players may agree. But they're phrased as universal truths, and some people will disagree for that. If you had said "I can't imagine many people playing that", "many people choose advanced because of the rewards", or "most people probably are only in the event for the token" then everybody (see what I did there) would just have nodded and moved on. The way you're wording it however makes people who have a different opinion speak up and tell you you're wrong - which you are the instant that anyone does it differently.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    xyquarze wrote: »
    I know this may be hard for you to understand, but some people don't CARE about the rewards, and simply play things for the FUN, and CHALLENGE. Which is pretty much what elite difficulty in STO is for.
    It's not hard for me to understand at all. But seems to be hard for you to understand that for some people the rewards ARE the fun.

To be fair, your statements don't exactly reflect the idea of "multiple approaches for everybody".
    Which nobody will play
    The only thing anyone has any reason to play, is Advanced. Normal and Elite might as well not even exist.
    The point of playing it is the event token.

You may (or will) be speaking your mind here. And many players may agree. But they're phrased as universal truths, and some people will disagree for that. If you had said "I can't imagine many people playing that", "many people choose advanced because of the rewards", or "most people probably are only in the event for the token" then everybody (see what I did there) would just have nodded and moved on. The way you're wording it however makes people who have a different opinion speak up and tell you you're wrong - which you are the instant that anyone does it differently.
    Nitpicking over others' choice of word is a tool for someone who has run out of things to say for themselves.

Although to be fair, yes my estimation that nobody plays Normal and Elite queues is mostly based on people on these forums complaining they're perpetually empty...since I don't play those myself I couldn't have first-hand knowledge.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Seems like they've added a basic attempt at an anti-gravwell tweak by having the ships magic in then boost ahead so fast they bounce & slide around the engineered satellite shield wall.

Not that it works against most max level players that use grav wells.

Just allows them to get cheesy damage when they go pop.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Having played this a couple of times now, all I can see in my head is Xzibit going "yo dawg, I heard you like blowing up ST-D Terran ships!"
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I've almost finished collecting the 14 tokens now - just one left I think.

On the whole, it's okay, I guess.

It's a bit predictable: location X, enemies spawn, Gravity Well - boom, move to location Y, enemies spawn, etc. etc. It's a little bit easy. Has anyone been in an encounter where one of the satellites blows up? What happens if one reaches 0%? Does the queue fail with no rewards given out? I've never played an MMO where you get so many rewards in so much PvE content for failing as STO...

Have noticed a few AFKers in my runs. (I always report AFKers - dunno if anything happens, but it makes me feel better). Would like to see more tools to address AFKing in public queues.

• Options
    I've almost finished collecting the 14 tokens now - just one left I think.

On the whole, it's okay, I guess.

It's a bit predictable: location X, enemies spawn, Gravity Well - boom, move to location Y, enemies spawn, etc. etc. It's a little bit easy. Has anyone been in an encounter where one of the satellites blows up? What happens if one reaches 0%? Does the queue fail with no rewards given out? I've never played an MMO where you get so many rewards in so much PvE content for failing as STO...
    Nothing happens if they hit 0%.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I've seen maybe two satellites hit zero but they don't explode or anything interesting, they just sit there looking embarassed.

Not come across as many AFKers as for something like the MI which is odd given the lack (or just wildly inconsistent droprate) of trash/loot and xp (which gets patched the day most will be completing their 14th and final run)

Hopefully this won't make a comeback once the featured is over until its had at least a once over from someone who gives a damn about the future of the game. To have put this out as highlighted or promoted content was a very bad idea.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Not come across as many AFKers as for something like the MI which is odd given the lack (or just wildly inconsistent droprate) of trash/loot and xp (which gets patched the day most will be completing their 14th and final run)
    That's because the mission is so effin easy you can actually "play" it just fine by simply parking in the enemy flight path and idly tapping the spacebar while doing something else. ;)

Protip: Wireless keyboard.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    In case that was the point: if a generator hits 0% you lose 10 marks (oh, and VanZyl even has different voiceovers). But yeah, not much to see, no change in strategy (like enemies have greater forces for the other two) or similar.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
This discussion has been closed.