test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Console] Get Two Spec Points for Free Today!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
It's the beginning of our week of Console anniversary giveaways! Get your hands on two spec points for free today!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11098843

Comments

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    PSA: These will be awarded to the character that collects them. They do not come as a boxed spec point token thing you can pop into the bank. Store doesn't give notice of this so make sure to use the character you want to have them on.

Also have to wonder why console giveaways started on the thursday (making it 5 days including the weekend) when PC anniversary ones had a week of them.
  • Options
    aodhan#2460 aodhan Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Why is this in the pc section but not Xbox 1 or ps4?
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @aodhan#2460 said:
    > Why is this in the pc section but not Xbox 1 or ps4?

Because we don’t have a console forum.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    you guys might want to put this on the right page or you may have some pissed off pc players that expect what they see on our side of the website.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    > @aodhan#2460 said:
    > Why is this in the pc section but not Xbox 1 or ps4?

Because we don’t have a console forum.

but they do have the website set up for the console so they could have posted it there instead of on pc side duh attention to detail
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Perhaps you may have noticed the [CONSOLE] tag in the title? Also, all announcements, threads, etc. for all platforms have been posted here since...well, always. Try and keep up.

uYR8r6R.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    I can see it being mentioned on the PC launcher leading folk to jump to the wrong conclusion.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Perhaps you may have noticed the [CONSOLE] tag in the title? Also, all announcements, threads, etc. for all platforms have been posted here since...well, always. Try and keep up.

uYR8r6R.png
    I think you need a break. Your posts over the past for months have been getting more toxic and full of unneeded attitude.

In the console section there is no news about this in the main news area at the time of writing. In the main PC news section what I see is “Get Two Spec Points Today on.....” no mention of console as its clipped out so like all the other people I jumped into game only to find there is no spec points and a lot of people in chat channels where asking the same thing. Console news is not normally put in the PC sections. Console news normally appears on the separate console tab.

It is not our reading fundamentals that are wrong when news is not posted in the console section but is posted in the PC section without the word console tagged.

• Options
    Hahaha... I find it funny that you, of all people, think that I am being toxic and have an attitude, when my remarks were in jest. :lol:
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    Comments about toxicity aside the blogpost link here does go to the PC section where the article DOES NOT BELONG unless its actually involving the PC, which it doesn't. You can tell its the PC specific section due to the phoenix box news link at the side where the post in the correct section skips that in favour of the antifraud update.

It also features on the PC launchers news, another location where it doesn't belong as PC is a different platform to (and ahead of) either of the consoles.

As your snarky pic says reading is fundamental. Try and keep up indeed!
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmmm....I see it on my launcher as "Get Two Spec Points Today on Console!"
    Not clipped at all. Even has the date.

Consoles using a totally different launcher window?

https://i.imgur.com/QitK4Uu.jpg
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Well, let's see... There do happen to be many players who happen to have accounts on both PC and console, so having a blog in the PC section and a link on the PC launcher would be quite useful to them.

Additionally, there are, in fact, blogs in the respective console sections as well:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/11098843-get-two-spec-points-today-on-console!
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news/detail/11098843-get-two-spec-points-today-on-console!
    The fact that a link to the PC blog was chosen for this thread doesn't negate that, and as already stated, still useful to those with accounts on both.

Now, as the [CONSOLE] tag in the thread title is there to alert readers that this information is indeed intended for CONSOLE players, there really shouldn't be any confusion. Additionally, most PC players already know, the anniversary event is over for them, so they also know that these offers are not for them. Granted, all of this assumes a certain level of understanding on the part of the reader, but hey! You guys got this, right? :wink:

For my part, I apologise if my attempt at responding to these criticisms light-heartedly with a joke fell on deaf ears. In future, I'll make sure to treat such comments as the unnecessarily critical trolling of the community team that works diligently to get this information to the masses as quickly as possible. Thanks for helping me stay on the straight and narrow. :wink:
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Having invested so much in [PC] STO, it's hard to get too much into [XBox1] STO. So I use it for when [PC] STO is offline and I need a STO fix.....
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Well, let's see... There do happen to be many players who happen to have accounts on both PC and console, so having a blog in the PC section and a link on the PC launcher would be quite useful to them.

Additionally, there are, in fact, blogs in the respective console sections as well:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/11098843-get-two-spec-points-today-on-console!
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news/detail/11098843-get-two-spec-points-today-on-console!
    The fact that a link to the PC blog was chosen for this thread doesn't negate that, and as already stated, still useful to those with accounts on both.

Now, as the [CONSOLE] tag in the thread title is there to alert readers that this information is indeed intended for CONSOLE players, there really shouldn't be any confusion. Additionally, most PC players already know, the anniversary event is over for them, so they also know that these offers are not for them. Granted, all of this assumes a certain level of understanding on the part of the reader, but hey! You guys got this, right? :wink:

For my part, I apologise if my attempt at responding to these criticisms light-heartedly with a joke fell on deaf ears. In future, I'll make sure to treat such comments as the unnecessarily critical trolling of the community team that works diligently to get this information to the masses as quickly as possible. Thanks for helping me stay on the straight and narrow. :wink:
    To be honest I am starting to get worried as you don’t seem to be seeing what is happening. It was not unnecessarily critical trolling, it is genuine concern as this is not your normal behaviour and it has steadily been getting worse. Your post doesn’t come across as in jest like a lot of your recent posts it comes across as snarky and with attitude which creates a negative atmosphere. I know you are like me and you only want to help people which is why I am rising this concern. It is not an attack.

Look at it from our point of view we tried to point out a mistake with news posted in the wrong place without a console tag causing confusion among players. Should be no big deal these things happen. But what is your response, instead of that will be fixed or looked into instead we get given attitude and snark for trying to help. You don’t even acknowledge the mistake instead making it sound like it’s our fault when it’s not.

Thank you to whoever fixed it all. All the news and tags are correct this morning. The news posted in the wrong area without a console tag has been removed.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    When i posted, the notification had been up in PC NEWS for 2 hours but not XBOX NEWS. as an Xbox player i only check what's on the Xbox page. Why have 3 separate news tabs for each platform if you're just going to expect console players to check pc news?

You say well some pc players play xb1 or ps4. Well if they do they can check the console news feeds. If you have 3 separate platforms and each platform has different things at different times then ensure that the news is posted to the appropriate pages please and do not take an attitude when players simply ask a valid question, that's highly unprofessional and doesn't add to a positive atmosphere

I don't have to visit McDonalds Australia website to see what's on the menu in McDonald's UK. You could have simply said "ooops, oh yeah, posted on the wrong page" but no you come out with a surly response that directly contradicts the set up of the website

I was told by a mate the news was up. I checked xbox news but was nothing there. I checked pc to see if any new news and then pc had console news. I then came to forum to ask a legitimate question to my peers and any staff. Kael is probably inundated with a lot of messages and meetings so it might have been a fellow player who could have helped me. Kael has made the odd mistake in the past and he's always been very human, humble and jovial. We all make mistakes, and he's pretty funny with it too and that's why he's well liked by many including myself

(flame/troll comments removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Simmer down folks. If my cohort was actually being snarky he could be alot more creative with it. Keep posts related to the topic at hand.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Gotcha 👌🏼
    Post edited by aodhan#2460 on