test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alita Battle Angel, Captain Marvel; Which one (if either) are you going to see?

patrickngopatrickngo Member Posts: 9,954 Arc User
just what it asks in the title.
Nature doesn't HAVE to be nice, or polite.

Free Hong Kong.

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Who says you can only pick one?
    giphy.gif
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I can wait for the release on Netflix for either. Unfamiliar with Alita and Shazam was before my time even, so the nostalgia isn't there.

I do like that Ms. Marvel's absence from the MU is coming to an end. The freakin' universe is named after the Marvels after all!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    brian334 wrote: »
    I do like that Ms. Marvel's absence from the MU is coming to an end. The freakin' universe is named after the Marvels after all!

Um... wut? We're talking about CAPTAIN Marvel, AKA Carol Danvers if I recall my research correctly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Will watch both, but Alita will likely be the better one. It will also satisfy my need for Cyberpunk 2077 for a couple of weeks. Also, I don't recall reading a Captain Marvel comic while I have read a bunch of Alita manga. Most of my knowledge of Captain Marvel is based on Rogue stealing her powers from the X-Men cartoon.
  • Options
    Alita is another example of critics and audiences not agreeing on what makes a good movie with a 59% Tomatometer score and a 94% Audience score. Maybe the critics are forced to watch movies they have absolutely no interest in while the audience almost always go to movies they are interested in. So the Tomatometer score is meaningless while if the Audience score is low, then it is a lousy movie or full of problems.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I already saw Alita, and I intend to watch Captain Marvel.

I enjoyed Alita. It is not without flaws, but I had a good time.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Captain Marvel. I like the MCU and it's movies so of course I'll continue the series.

I don't do manga, so I'll not see Alita.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Already saw Alita and it was great. Next is Captain Mohawk.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    Probably won't see either, since I don't have a lot of time right now and I intend to spend it seeing SM: Far From Home, but Alita has me so hyped. Looks like a fantastic film, with some great characters (not familiar with the source material.)

As for Captain Marvel? I'm waiting to catch up on Infinity War and Black Panther first. Then I'll watch it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Don't have time to see either, but if was going to see one of them I'd be Alita.

As for Captain Marvel - can't say am in the least bit interested. And to be honest, from what I've seen (and with his absence in the Infinity War/Endgame story in mind) they're trying to make her 'Adam Warlock' of the story. In the comics she wasn't all that powerful, except when she became 'Binary'.
    Ah, but how/why?

From what I've seen in the previews she gets super-charged during the movie. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Yes.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I have to wonder how sub-atomic Ant Man gets involved in Endgame.

I can see him traveling anywhere via Quantum Entanglement teleportation, but how will he become aware that he needs to be somewhere in particular to do something in particular? I can't believe they just wrote him out of Endgame. Unless some street gang comes along, steals the van, and turns on the device to re-big him.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > valoreah said:
    > Neither. I'll go see Avengers: Endgame though.

Then you won't understand Captain Marvel in Endgame.

The trailers are likely all that people need to understand about Captain Marvel in Endgame. The only issue that is a concern about Endgame is where Captain Marvel was between the Captain Marvel movie and the first Avenger movie and Endgame might reveal that information. However, that is not necessary for Avenger fans to understand Captain Marvel.
  • Options
    brian334 wrote: »
    I have to wonder how sub-atomic Ant Man gets involved in Endgame.

I can see him traveling anywhere via Quantum Entanglement teleportation, but how will he become aware that he needs to be somewhere in particular to do something in particular? I can't believe they just wrote him out of Endgame. Unless some street gang comes along, steals the van, and turns on the device to re-big him.

Maybe he rides a tachyon particle to the past to stop Thanos from wishing half of the people out of existence before he has a chance to. The only way I can see Captain Marvel helping is taking the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos and wishing everyone back into existence.
  • Options
    > starkaos said:
    > brian334 wrote: »
    >
    > I have to wonder how sub-atomic Ant Man gets involved in Endgame.
    >
    > I can see him traveling anywhere via Quantum Entanglement teleportation, but how will he become aware that he needs to be somewhere in particular to do something in particular? I can't believe they just wrote him out of Endgame. Unless some street gang comes along, steals the van, and turns on the device to re-big him.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe he rides a tachyon particle to the past to stop Thanos from wishing half of the people out of existence before he has a chance to. The only way I can see Captain Marvel helping is taking the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos and wishing everyone back into existence.

Ant-Man doesn't escape into the past, he shows up at Avengers Compound in the present day as seen in the trailers. As for how Captain Marvel.can help, thats why watching her film is important, calling her was Nick Fury's final action in Infinity War after all.

The only solutions to fixing Thanos' action is overpowering him with Captain Marvel to use the Dragon Balls to wish everyone back into existence or time travel. Sorry, meant Infinity Gauntlet. It is not necessary to watch Captain Marvel to know that she is more powerful than the Avengers. Fury called Captain Marvel because she is the most powerful hero that he knows.

Since no one has seen Endgame, then it is not known which method is used. I never said that Antman escaped into the past only that he might ride a tachyon to travel to the past.
  • Options
    According to the comic book version of Infinity War nobody is dead, they are inside the Soul Stone. Also, Captain Marvel can time travel.

Still doesn't disprove the fact that they need someone to beat Thanos to get the Infinity Gauntlet. There is not much difference between wishing them back into existence or taking them out of the Soul Stone. Also, Captain Marvel is not known for time travel without outside interference. So unless Captain Marvel introduces a time travel power into the MCU, then it is not necessary to watch Captain Marvel to enjoy Endgame. In fact, having Captain Marvel use a time travel power in her movie would ruin Endgame since we would know how Endgame would be resolved instead of being surprised.