180 clicks to fill the reps

2»

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    jade1280 wrote: »
    But if we do that people will spend less time in the game D:
    The question is, do you want them to spend more time IN the game, but not actually playing it, just uselessly and non-interactively operating controls to fulfill basic logistics, or do you want them to actually PLAY the game, and thus participate in filling out the game's content? Because a player who merely shows up to fulfill bookkeeping tasks and then leaves, exhausted at the end of it, isn't really playing the game and contributes absolutely nothing to the game's "liveliness". He's just a ghost entity that nobody will ever see, whose activities nobody will derive any benefit from.

Careful. Almost sounds like you're advocating for players to have fun. :wink:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    What? DOFFing IS fun. That is why I been here all these years. LOL!

Armada Leader is right, though. When Cryptic added traits to "Specialization" and "R&D", even to Starships....Reputation became redundant. We have so many "systems", now, that has to build up on a character, individually.

I don't see a reason to keep Reputation Marks from being traded to other characters, if one has a surplus they would never use. Same with FLEET CREDITS.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Surplus can be turned into Dilithium, so they still have a use, even if you've maxed the Rep and obtained all of the gear that you want from it.

The reason is, as already stated, it's that character's progression in the system? What would be next? DOFFing commendations? Specializations? How about just creating a character and it's already maxed out on Reputations, Specializations, DOFFing, Accolades, and all missions are auto completed, because the player has already done all of that before on another character, so why have to do it all again?
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    Well, I can certainly emphasize with that. I have 50+ characters myself, and I try to specialize each of them as well.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    jade1280 wrote: »
    But if we do that people will spend less time in the game D:
    The question is, do you want them to spend more time IN the game, but not actually playing it, just uselessly and non-interactively operating controls to fulfill basic logistics, or do you want them to actually PLAY the game, and thus participate in filling out the game's content? Because a player who merely shows up to fulfill bookkeeping tasks and then leaves, exhausted at the end of it, isn't really playing the game and contributes absolutely nothing to the game's "liveliness". He's just a ghost entity that nobody will ever see, whose activities nobody will derive any benefit from.

But are they just doing that? Some of the book-keeping tasks require you to earn other resources, or are made easier when you trade stuff. Duty Officer System is best advanced if you acquire good DOFFs somewhere else, Admiralty is best advanced if you buy a lot of ships, Reputations require collecting Marks and thus often require participation in Queues.

Sure, the extremists among us might sit on mountains of any resource you can think of and don't need to that anymore, they just have to click on the repetitive boring stuff to advance now. But there might still be a lot left that aren't there yet.

I figure Star Trek Online hasn't survived until now because they grossly misjudged these things. Maybe they could be even more profitable, but something like the Admiralty System or the Duty Officer system can bind a player for weeks, while otherwise it would require 7 story missions to bind him for just one week, if that.
    A player that spends week not involved with the game at all is far less likely to return than someone that feels pressure to return almost daily.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Reclaiming admiralty cards also needs to be improved as well. It took me best part of an hour on a new Romulan to claim all my c-store/event ships. I admit I was slowed down slightly by the delay in the card transferring into the Admiralty system due to lag but still phew what a chore.

When a character first unlocks the Admiralty system, every admiralty card from every C-store ship or event ship that is currently unlocked for the account should drop into the roster.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I've actually asked about the Admiralty Card thing. It is something that they are wanting to do.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edxelledxell Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I 100% support this. Just add a button that queues and fills the daily project for all the reps. These days I only bother with the reps on a new character if there's gear I want in them. I haven't even started the grind towards T6 on my main toon because I can't be arsed with all the clicking.
  • Options
    @mattjohnsonva Just that they're working out how to do it. I assume the complications have to do with how it was originally set up. Beyond that, I don't think it wise to speculate the ease with which could/should be done, as we don't know how it's coded.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    scarletscar#2273 scarletscar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    well finally something i posted 6 months ago is starting to pay off or people are bringing it back up :) like stacking the rep rewards soo u arn't having an invetory mess every day, and soon a fill all rep project button, instead of my keybind macro's i've learned to adapt too <3 which still sucks! but still a bunch of work to be done, but a work in progress. ^^
This discussion has been closed.