What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Discovery Starter Pack!

Comments

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »
    If something could be improved on the ship, I think by making the weapons scaleable, and by having the consoles match the tier of ship you should be in, for example tier 1 should have the console layout of a tier 1 ship, tier 2 should be of tier 2 and so on. Just having a 3,2,2 layout when you reach tier 4 is almost underpowered for the tier. Otherwise it's a nice ship and I hope that the Devs see their mistake by Romulan and KDF versions as well.

Get several T1 connies, their phasers are auto leveling. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If something could be improved on the ship, I think by making the weapons scaleable, and by having the consoles match the tier of ship you should be in, for example tier 1 should have the console layout of a tier 1 ship, tier 2 should be of tier 2 and so on. Just having a 3,2,2 layout when you reach tier 4 is almost underpowered for the tier. Otherwise it's a nice ship and I hope that the Devs see their mistake by Romulan and KDF versions as well.

Can't believe I didn't think of this.. great idea.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2018

The weapons ARE scaleable - just pushed my toon up to level 21, and I can see they doing more damage.
    The weapon damage is shown different when the emiter linked phasers are in inventory, and different when the weapons are equipped on ship.
    The scale is somewhat lower than the blue TOS era phaser beams, but not by much.

Edit:
    Btw., I think that that neat Discovery era Bird-of-Preys would make very nice scaleable ship for KDFs.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2018

I admit it; in open Beta/launch, I did this on my Captains, claiming & discarding Connies to make a stockpile of the Retrofit Phaser Arrays. I did this up to the point Cryptic imposed a penalty for discarding ships.
    I love that AoY introduced more blue phaser systems, so more of my alts can get them! Even the Klingons! (not all, just the ones that have IC reasons for having them)

For my AoD Captains, I am supplementing what they get from the AoD missions w/a mix of what I have in my reserves and some freshly crafted gear. Also crafting Tech Upgrades. Also, before doling the last AoD mission "Descent" (last for 2256), getting some of the gear from the 2256 Ship Vendor that I doubt any vendors in 2410 would have.
    jelly0 wrote: »

I believe this is meant for T1 AoD Captains to be able to claim as soon as it is purchased. Did you file a Bug Report?
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    sarvour0 wrote: »

I admit it; in open Beta/launch, I did this on my Captains, claiming & discarding Connies to make a stockpile of the Retrofit Phaser Arrays. I did this up to the point Cryptic imposed a penalty for discarding ships.
    I love that AoY introduced more blue phaser systems, so more of my alts can get them! Even the Klingons! (not all, just the ones that have IC reasons for having them)

For my AoD Captains, I am supplementing what they get from the AoD missions w/a mix of what I have in my reserves and some freshly crafted gear. Also crafting Tech Upgrades. Also, before doling the last AoD mission "Descent" (last for 2256), getting some of the gear from the 2256 Ship Vendor that I doubt any vendors in 2410 would have.

I believe this is meant for T1 AoD Captains to be able to claim as soon as it is purchased. Did you file a Bug Report?

I was on a discovery toon, I ended up erasing her and making her again and it seemed to let me buy it after that.

Also what penalty are you referring to?
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

This is for your other fed captains to claim the title and ground weapons and vanity pet. you probably can not claim again cause you already have those items. not sure if fixed but someone reported that if you delete the pet, you can keep reclaiming the weapons again for your boffs to use.
  • Options

I was on a discovery toon, I ended up erasing her and making her again and it seemed to let me buy it after that.

Cryptic ppl were not pleased players were cycling thru Connies to stockpile the Blue Phasers, as we wanted to equip all the ships we would get later on. So to discourage or at least slow down ppl doing this, they implemented a 'fee' to dismiss the ship. I think it was 1,000 credits? This was during the first 1 or 2 months of Game Launch in 2010 so, it was more of a deal than it would be now, as 1k today is practically nothing, but back than was more substantial. Oh, the pre-dil days...
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options

To stop ppl from doing this they implemented a 1,000 credit fee to dismiss the ship. And it worked, because there weren't the droves of EC millionaires yet.
    4073703.jpg

• Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I don't understand why this is called a "Starter Pack", when apparently you cannot buy it on a starting character.

I got enough zen for it tonight and wanted to buy it on my AOD character. But it wouldn't let me buy it. So I bought it on another character and then claimed the ship and weapons on my AOD character.

What is exactly the point of locking out the starter pack from the starter character? Isn't that exactly who should be able to buy it? I wonder how many new players, see the pack, can't buy it (since they don't have other characters to buy it), think it's a bug, so never buy it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You have to finish the Disco tutorial before you can claim it. Also you can't claim it if you have the Tardigrade pet on that character.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    buckolocko#5785 buckolocko Member Posts: 2 New User
    Will their be any new content for the Klingon Faction? Our Klingon side is already lacking content with Star trek Discovery being very Klingon orientated we could definitely use more content for our faction please consider thank you.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Will their be any new content for the Klingon Faction? Our Klingon side is already lacking content with Star trek Discovery being very Klingon orientated we could definitely use more content for our faction please consider thank you.

I'm sure there will be eventually since Cryptic now has a few new Discovery Klingon assets in the game. That Discovery Bird-of-Prey ship I'm predicting will be highly sought after & Cryptic has shown a few other DSC Klink ship versions among other items too. Just a matter of time & perhaps closer to the actual debut of the DSC pay-wall series in Jan. '19.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I got around to doing the Discovery content. Started a new character, finished the tutorial. Claimed the starter pack. Went to claim the ship. Nope. Is it locked until level 10 or not? I see conflicting info here. If it is locked what's the point of it?? I will be done with Discovery content prior to level 10. Seems like an incredible and pointless ripoff.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I got around to doing the Discovery content. Started a new character, finished the tutorial. Claimed the starter pack. Went to claim the ship. Nope. Is it locked until level 10 or not? I see conflicting info here. If it is locked what's the point of it?? I will be done with Discovery content prior to level 10. Seems like an incredible and pointless ripoff.

Once you reach Earth Space Dock (Discovery Era ESD) you can claim the ship. When you reach ESD the first time you will have to speak with the Admiral there, once that is done you can use the ship.

I was using it at level 3.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I'm level 3. Do you have to do the Secrets mission before getting to ESD?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User

I don't think so - unless it got bugged after last patches. I actually got it after the tutorial in Discovery Academy (not ESD - there was no ESD when I started Disco toon), but I needed to report to admiral first - in person not in Journal, then I got mission to go to tailor (or was it just talk about it - don't remember exactly), then talked with tailor… and I think that was it - I claimed the ship and changed to it in the same room that got tailor there was also ship selector.
  • Options
    the ship selector there doesn't have any options to actually select ships. he just gives information. the store gives a red message of can't claim different than the can't claim for other ships.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I couldn't buy it on my Discovery Character even after I got through missions labeled 'Tutorial'. I bought the Pack on a 65 Character instead and found out it was Character Bound. Once my Discovery Character reaches ESD with Quinn I will have Customer Service move that unopened Pack from the other Character to the Discovery Character.

They were not precise with language on when you could actually buy the Starter on Discovery Characters on the first day.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    I was able to claim it upon completion of the Discovery content - technically at level 4 but was quickly promoted to 6 by completing missions.

• Options
    alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    saber1973a wrote: »

I don't think so - unless it got bugged after last patches. I actually got it after the tutorial in Discovery Academy (not ESD - there was no ESD when I started Disco toon), but I needed to report to admiral first - in person not in Journal, then I got mission to go to tailor (or was it just talk about it - don't remember exactly), then talked with tailor… and I think that was it - I claimed the ship and changed to it in the same room that got tailor there was also ship selector.

I've gotten the ship (which I designated the Walker-P) on all three of my AoD characters (One after running the full tutorial, the other two on completing the pseudo-tutorial for skipping the full one) from the Discovery Academy Shipyard. There should be two people there, one being the Manage Ships and the other being the Acquire Ships. I've used it for both Secrets and Downfall.
  • Options
    nikfosternikfoster Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    (Off topic ranting moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    Bought the Pack on my 2 main accounts. On Account A, my DSC Captain is Lv 6, in 2410 (2411?), and cannot Claim the Ship as she has used all 4 Ship Slots (DSC 2 + T1 Connie & Yellowstone Runabout).
    On Account B, my DSC Captain is Lv 3, and still in 2256. He instead gets the note in red letters that "you do not have permission to claim this ship", and has open Slots.
    4073703.jpg

• Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @sarvour0 said:
    > Bought the Pack on my 2 main accounts. On Account A, my DSC Captain is Lv 6, in 2410 (2411?), and cannot Claim the Ship as she has used all 4 Ship Slots (DSC 2 + T1 Connie & Yellowstone Runabout).
    > On Account B, my DSC Captain is Lv 3, and still in 2256. He instead gets the note in red letters that "you do not have permission to claim this ship", and has open Slots.

Dismiss a ship on A, get B out of the tutorial.

Debating putting shuttle in Dry Dock. Or waiting to Lv 10 when I get Promoted to LtCdr. and get 2 Ship Slots. It is still a two slots per Rank progression, isn't it?
    4073703.jpg

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

Can't believe I didn't think of this.. great idea.

~curtsy~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    Question about the Walker; Are its Beam Arrays supposed to be Scaling or Standard Issue? It seems as though they are Standard Issue as the stats are not scaling.
    4073703.jpg