test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All my ships are bugged

camalus#9974 camalus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited January 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It happened when i got promoted to admiral, i was in the middle of trying to conquer empress sela with my tier 4 bellerophon, i wasnt having any luck so i came back to port to buy me a t6 brigid multimission science vessel and so i decided to add the skill point that came with admiral rank but instead of purchasing a skill in the tree like i selected it only reset my entire tree without notice, after that i cant kill anything in my ships it seems like all enemy ships have infinte health, even the light craft take a half an hour to kill, doesnt matter what ship i use smae result, something is very wrong. I spent 30 dollars and have not even gotten to see what my new ship can do :( i cant play any mission cause i cant kill a single ship. Please Help i put in 2 ticekts they are not responding.

I also cant discharge any ships from my roster so deleting them and reclaiming them is not an option.
Post edited by camalus#9974 on

Comments

• Options
    camalus#9974 camalus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The ship isn't bugged...you just suck at the game and have a terrible build. Even with all my skill and traits reset to nul, I can vape normal NPCs in seconds. If you accidently hit the reset skill button instead of the buy skill button...because they are next to each other and you didn't pay attention (okay yeah it's a bad design...but still...pay attention), you can just buy up the skills again...which maybe a good thing if you can't handle normal stuff in a T4. You may want to look up how to set up skills for what you want to do before you waste this reset. Also equipment...and boff abilities...and doffs...and traits. Fortunately for you, the only thing that cost you resources to do is the skills...which you probably already spent on accident.

You are wrong on all accounts why do you even come here just go away you are of zero help
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018
    OK, cold, no need to be so harsh. That being said, OP, @coldnapalm can actually help you out a lot. He knows his stuff.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You have said NOTHING so far to show that the issue is not YOU and the game is indeed bugged. This is a bug reporting forum. What you reported sounds like you just hit the wrong button...didn't pay attention and reset your skills. Is the game not letting you buy the skills back? Because if it is...yeah that is a bug(and worth reporting)...one that won't actually help you with your inability to do things in this game because of your terrible skill...either at piloting and/or ship building because lack of skill points spent should not stop a decent build with COMMON gear from melting normal NPCs. The reason I was harsh with you...and will continue to be harsh with you is that your first reaction is that the game is bugged. Not maybe I am doing something wrong. Not maybe I should ask for help. Nope, the it's the game and not you. It has to be...can't be you. Yeah...no. All indications points to the issue being YOU still. Had you come and asked for help (in general or academy of course), I would have gladly gave it to you.

Or I don't know...maybe post your build to show that you have at least a solid build and there maybe some other issue at work. But nope...not you at all. Can't be you...and we just have to take your word for it huh? Because you saying that I am wrong somehow makes you right. Yeah I am a jerk...doesn't make me wrong.

[Mod Hat]
    sisko-and-q-o.gif

That's quite enough of that. Get out of this thread. Another word out of you will result in a suspension.[/Mod Hat]

Now, @camalus#9974, we could use a little more data to work with. Could you please post screenshots of both your ship equipment screen and of your skill tree, and please specify the name of the mission you're trying to complete? This is just to make sure it is a bug and not a build issue (unfortunately coldnapalm is right, it's more likely to be the latter). If you don't know how to take and post screenshots, use the Print Screen key on Windows (with Windows 10 it should save it to your OneDrive folder automatically) and then use a website like Imgur to host it. Or if you're playing through Steam you can hit F12 to save it with the Steam overlay, and then upload it to Steam's server.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018
    In addition to the help being provided by my fellow mods I also have a question or 2 if you don't mind camalus that should help determine what is going on. When you attempted to add your new skills to skill tree, did it give you a message about "invalid skills" or anything along those lines? What exactly did you click and do before you noticed your skills had been reset? Finally, what location were you in when you were attempting to add these skills? There was an old bug several years back that could wipe skills and traits like you described but I want to eliminate that as a cause.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    @darkbladejk and @starswordc

Guys, if this turns out to NOT be a bug, and the OP just needs help sorting it out, we might want to consider moving this thread over to The Academy subforum once that determination is made.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Camalus, you either have seriously managed to bungle skill setup (Which is unlikely, but you may have either not assigned skills or underfunded some), or you're using some seriously underprepped gear (check levels on your weapons and what power settings you have, among other things)