Options

Wat no black friday??

2»

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Correct me if i'm wrong.
    The "Black Friday" was when some people died in some supermarket because of panic (too much people, panic, mob mentality... and we have tragedy).
    Now shops everywhere set up sales on the "Black Friday" to get as many people to buy from them as possible...
    :o
    Are the shops not afraid of repeating the history?

"Being in the black" is a bookkeeping/accounting reference to businesses operating at a profit. Conversely, "being in the red" means operating at a loss. "Black Friday" is the Friday after Thanksgiving (in the US) when the traditional Christmas shopping season begins and businesses are almost guaranteed to turn a profit.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Admittedly, I am starting to wonder now too. I mean, I'm sure it'll happen, now probably only Friday or maybe the weekend, but it's weird that there's been a sale all week for the consoles and not one for PC...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Console peasants getting preferential treatment? How dare you Cryptic. j/k

Maybe the sale will kick in after the maintenance.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Its coming, save up and wait.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    The Russians have Red October.

Nah, didn't you see the movie? The Americans have Red October.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Correct me if i'm wrong.
    The "Black Friday" was when some people died in some supermarket because of panic (too much people, panic, mob mentality... and we have tragedy).
    Now shops everywhere set up sales on the "Black Friday" to get as many people to buy from them as possible...
    :o
    Are the shops not afraid of repeating the history?

"Being in the black" is a bookkeeping/accounting reference to businesses operating at a profit. Conversely, "being in the red" means operating at a loss. "Black Friday" is the Friday after Thanksgiving (in the US) when the traditional Christmas shopping season begins and businesses are almost guaranteed to turn a profit.

Not just that, it's the first time in the fiscal year that most large businesses are not running in the red.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    lordbeefy7 wrote: »
    As the title goes....what no black friday sale ??

I know Xmas TRIBBLE comes out before Halloween is done, but you really should check a calendar before freaking out. ;)

• Options
    lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    > @dracounguis said:
    > lordbeefy7 wrote: »
    >
    > As the title goes....what no black friday sale ??
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I know Xmas **** comes out before Halloween is done, but you really should check a calendar before freaking out. ;)

Lol...already answered that on the first page...uk black friday seems to be 1 week before the usa black friday which is the friday after thanksgiving (this week ).

Cryptic ....i is still waiting with money for the fed command bc triple pack...
    Heheh
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Lol...already answered that on the first page...uk black friday seems to be 1 week before the usa black friday which is the friday after thanksgiving (this week ).

Heheh

I can't be bothered with reading replies! (unless they concern me) ;)
    And why would anyone assume a U.S. based company would go by non-U.S. holidays?

• Options
    lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Heheh

I can't be bothered with reading replies! (unless they concern me) ;)
    And why would anyone assume a U.S. based company would go by non-U.S. holidays?

arrrgh, yes I know its different now, I didn't know they were different until this week when my error in dates highlighted it, but now its here actually this week....my heads going to explode now thinking about it,,,lol
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    'Black Friday' is the same day worldwide as in the USA (Not that it's an official 'day' anywhere, even the US). Retailers don't care though, especially online. Black Friday these days is a simple gimmick to have sales for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I am curious as to why the Console 'Black Friday' Zen sale started last Friday, but as yet there has been nothing announced for PC.

I don't doubt that there will be an offer of some kind coming, probably on Friday itself, but the disparity seems a little odd to me. Not a big drama by any means, as reyan01 says at least any offer will represent a genuine saving of some kind against the usual price unlike a lot of BF 'offers' around.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    According to an email I got yesterday the Black Friday sale started on the 17th & will run until the 27th.
    Im seeing no sale? What month/year did it state?
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    tarran61 wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    According to an email I got yesterday the Black Friday sale started on the 17th & will run until the 27th.
    Im seeing no sale? What month/year did it state?

The sale described in the post you quoted is for consoles - a discount (I believe of 20%) on Zen purchases between the aforementioned date.
  • Options
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10724904

25% off the entire C-Store for the next 5 days.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10724904

25% off the entire C-Store for the next 5 days.

Ho, Ho. Ho! Happy Trekmas! :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.