test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] 20% Ship Sale!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
This weekend on PC, ships are 20% off, including the brand new Allied Flight Deck Bundle!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10638474

Comments

• Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Interesting, offering the brand new ships immediately in the sale!
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    A good time for any player that has been wanting to purchase a ship &/or a ship bundle.

I see Cryptic didn't pull the trigger on a -30% ship sale & kept it at the normal -20%.

I'll of course window-shop to see if there is anything I desire & use my remaining Zen, but I will not invest anymore $ till Cryptic fixes my account since back in July when I was subscribed.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I don't blame you.

I've been trading dilithium for zen for awhile now and built up 2,350 zen.

Next time I get a chance to jump into STO I'll trade enough dilithium for zen to get over 2,400 zen.

Reducing 3,000 zen regular tier 6 C-Store price by 20% reduces the price of the Blackguard FDC to 2,400 zen, which I can afford. I pumped.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah, new ships! WOOT!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    As a bundle but not it seems individually.

New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    seannewboy wrote: »

I think it's saying "IF you buy a bundle, you'll only get a discount if the bundle ONLY contains ships"
    If you buy a single individual ship, it should still get the discount.
    I'm also excited these are included. I was thinking of getting one, now it might be this weekend.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    It's just me or all these sales are coming more frequently this season?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    They have been releasing Ship Bundles with a 20% Ship Sale this year.

30% Sales are reserved for Flash Sales.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

Yeah, it was during the recent 30% sale that I spent a good chunk of the Zen I converted during the last phoenix event and bought the T6 explorer and Intrepid bundles. With 10 characters, I'm still grinding Borg Red Alerts to get their masteries.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

There was also a 25% black friday and cyber monday sale late last year.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    AAARRRGGGGGHHHHH Every freaking time I buy a ship three days later there is a sale!
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    i'll wait for the flash sales @ 30% off... not like I dont have a back log of ships to grind mastery... if you didnt need to grind it and just gave it to ya flat out... folks may buy more.
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User

Yes the price is reduced by 20% individually. I bought the Pralim at 2400 zen instead of 3000. Although my main is KDF I didn't really care for the Orion and Sulliban ships to I didn't buy the bundle.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »

I think it's saying "IF you buy a bundle, you'll only get a discount if the bundle ONLY contains ships"
    If you buy a single individual ship, it should still get the discount.
    I'm also excited these are included. I was thinking of getting one, now it might be this weekend.
    trygvar13 wrote: »

Yes the price is reduced by 20% individually. I bought the Pralim at 2400 zen instead of 3000. Although my main is KDF I didn't really care for the Orion and Sulliban ships to I didn't buy the bundle.

No figured out what the problem really is, same problem new day. The Suliban ship is not available separately for kdf aligned Romulan. It has happened before, guess I wait for the next ship sale to get it. Hint Hint to the devs.

New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    AAARRRGGGGGHHHHH Every freaking time I buy a ship three days later there is a sale!

then stop buying them on non-thursdays, dipstick - that's when most of the sales happen​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    thejudge573thejudge573 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Will console get the same sale too?
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »

then stop buying them on non-thursdays, dipstick - that's when most of the sales happen​​

Then it'll happen on the following week...
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    No figured out what the problem really is, same problem new day. The Suliban ship is not available separately for kdf aligned Romulan. It has happened before, guess I wait for the next ship sale to get it. Hint Hint to the devs.

I'm not sure why you're not seeing it on your KDF-allied Romulan, because mine can see it. Suliban Silik Flight Deck Cruiser right there near the bottom, since she's full on ships and thus can't buy it unless I delete or drydock one of hers.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    homerdickhomerdick Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Dammit, I would have jumped on this but Hurricane Irma slowed my roll. Just got power back.

Edit: just realized it it this monday when it expires, not last monday. WOOT!
    Post edited by homerdick on
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    homerdick wrote: »
    Dammit, I would have jumped on this but Hurricane Irma slowed my roll. Just got power back.

Edit: just realized it it this monday when it expires, not last monday. WOOT!

You have a bit more than an hour left if you are so inclined.

More importantly I hope you & yours are recovering okay from Irma along with everyone else affected!