test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Introducing the Brand New T1 Miranda

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
The very first ship Federation Captains get their hands on has had a visual overhaul, and it looks incredible:

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10502823

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Don't get rid of the older model. I like the STO torpedo bar thing :/
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Additionally, we’ve also added new “Saratoga” variant parts based on the ill-fated starship Benjamin Sisko served on during the Battle of Worf 359

Should that be not "Battle of Wolf 359" ?
    But the ship looks cool... i'm thinkin of starting new toon...nah, will just remodel the T6 B)
    Edit: ... or maybe not - the T6 looks nice too.... though choice...
  • Options
    sedlo74656sedlo74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Will the Centaur model also be updated?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Not into the Miranda, but I'm sure it has its appeal for some.
    It will be interesting to see which specialization it will wield and what the boff layout will be.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    It should come with a "blow up dramatically" console.
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »
    It should come with a "blow up dramatically" console.

Who am i kidding, I love the Miranda Class!
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Specific to the model, I took her for a cruise on Tribble. She's gorgeous. Here is to hoping for more opportunities to use the Type 8 windows and Type 6 hull for additional 2280's goodness. *HINT-HINT* ;)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    SO how's about you guys give the refit Connie skin a facelift too?

I know a fleetmate of mine who is going to love this ship.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I would offer to kiss the dev(s) responsible for bringing the new Miranda/Saratoga models to STO ... but I don't want to scare good devs away from working on more great iconic ships like these.

Thank you for finally bringing a T6 Miranda to the game ... and I hope at some point we'll get the return of that episode where players can go back in time to the Saratoga during the battle of Wolf 359 along with Q.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    bassmas314bassmas314 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    This revised model looks absolutely gorgeous. You guys really hit it out of the park with this one. Just add the pulse phasers from the Undiscovered lockbox and she would be spot-on for the Wrath of Khan Reliant. Now we just need to see the Shatner-era movie Constitution get the same treatment.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Additionally, we’ve also added new “Saratoga” variant parts based on the ill-fated starship Benjamin Sisko served on during the Battle of Worf 359

Should that be not "Battle of Wolf 359" ?
    But the ship looks cool... i'm thinkin of starting new toon...nah, will just remodel the T6 B)
    Edit: ... or maybe not - the T6 looks nice too.... though choice...

There was a secret battle that was previously kept... secret.... Hush, hush.

Worf didn't laugh at a diplomatic conference, resulting in the clown prince being gravely insulted.

Fortunately, the Saratoga arrived in time to stop the battle before it could occur by sending Earth's greatest comedians of the time and openning up new dialogue.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    Lovely work guys - it really looks stunning!
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    It looks fantastic, really great work. I, uh, don't suppose there's a chance that the Centaur will receive some love too, is there?
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Ambassador Kael, in your write up, you failed to mention that the Miranda class USS Saratoga was the first Federation starship to come in contact with the Whale Probe in Star Trek IV.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Pretty :)
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    A fantastic new model, truly gorgeous. Now we need a torpedo launcher that screams KHAAAAAAAN! every time it fires...
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    A fantastic new model, truly gorgeous. Now we need a torpedo launcher that screams KHAAAAAAAN! every time it fires...
    An idea for the next A.S.S. iteration on next April 1st.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    igorche81igorche81 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Oh I'm so getting 3 ship pack. I like all 3 of the new Light Cruiser/Battlecruiser ships and this is even better news. Now Miranda really looks like Miranda. A small advice though, you might want to update your Constitution refit, Oberth, D7 and K'tinga models too. And add D7 class from TOS episodes to poor Romulans. T1 and T2 ships deserve a bit of attention too. Good work guys. Keep it up.
  • Options
    benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I had planned on making a couple new Federation charackters... now I have the hard choice: flying the updated Miranda or the Constitution I have paid for?
    That said, both the T1 remodel and the new T6 model look gorgeous.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I posted this in another Thread:

'The Tier 5 Starship Trait for the T6 Miranda prevents you from moving vertically in the game - called Two-dimensional Thinking.' ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Very nice design work. The ship looks spiffy. Nice nod with the Saratoga option too. Looking forward to see what the stats are for this ship & the 2 others in the bundle. I wonder too if the Centaur & the ShiKahr models got updated too.
  • Options
    zhuguizhugui Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    How about an update to the Excelsior and Connie Refit?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If they were going to redo the Excelsior Skin, they would have done that with the release of the T6 Resolute.

The Constitution Refit and the -A Version probably won't be updated as they have nothing new to 'sell' there.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Nice indeed.
    I love these remodels by ThomastheCrypticCat (well, I assume it's his good job again).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    I can never get enough of these revamps. Love the comparison shots. Really shows how far the art has come.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Taking warp 5.nothing to new heights... great work on the remodel :smile:
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    bassmas314bassmas314 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I can never get enough of these revamps. Love the comparison shots. Really shows how far the art has come.

The Miranda revamp has to be the most gorgeous remodel STO has done since the Galaxy-class. I can't wait to see it in-game, and would be extremely grateful if the refit Constitution from the Shatner-era movies could get this kind of treatment as well.
  • Options
    tenjefftenjeff Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    LOVE that the outer facing part of the nacelles does not glow! Well done! I hope there will be options for both inner and outer Nacelle glow, that would be great for some players.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    Nice that the Miranda is getting some love.

Now if only the model for the Cruiser (aka Constitution Refit or Enterprise-A) could get similar love. The one in game is very low res, and that rectangular defector dish is just wrong.... I was terribly disappointed when I got my T6 Connie and learned I could run the Ent-A skin on it, only to find out the skin was too repulsive to look at... <shudder>

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Although, I like the idea of going back and retooling the visuals of old starships, it only benefits new players. What I like to see is perhaps the ability to purchase an token giving those who have achieved Fleet Admiral status of designating any starship of their choice as there Flag ship, which includes all starship from T1-T6. Thus, like Admiral Riker did for the Enterprise-D in the finale series episode "All Good Things...", we should be given the option to upgrade one lower Tier (1-5) starships to Tier 6 or at the very most from Tier 1 to Tier 4, Tier 2 to Tier 5, Tier 3 to Tier 6 and so forth. I don't see why a Fleet Admiral can't have a lower Tier starship upgraded to a much higher Tier, since in canon Riker was able to, to the Enterprise-D. This would make lower Tier starship more relevant to player at Level 60, who wouldn't necessary chose to use a lower Tier starship to play PvE missions.
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01