Install Arc
Options

[PC] Season 13: Escalation

12346»

Comments

• Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    And take the experienced player out too.
    To be fair though, when a PvPer starts taking out a particular player in an your team repeatedly, it'll attract the attention of PvPers in your team and you'll find that usually said PvPer will be ganged up on to stop him exploiting a weak player. At the end of the day, the PvPers in your team don't want to loose.

Personally when I become the weakest link in a match (that is when the arenas and C&H queues used to pop 2 years ago) I start hanging around the big tanks and sci ships they'll usually have my back if I support them.
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    If the pvp queue is as fun to play as this article is to read then I'm all in. Lots of upset people in STO that clearly do not want to pvp. Since several people have mentioned that they are adverse to playing in these queues due to the "get rekt" or "uninstall noob" sort of comments from the opposing team, why not just disable messages between opponents? World of Tanks did after that game was getting pretty acerbic in chat and it worked out well. To be honest I see more "gg" or "gf" in most pvp games I play so ignoring the proverbial child screaming for attention in the restaurant isn't that difficult. Also, in a lot of other games if you get killed in pvp you have to buy another ship or fittings etc. If you die here you re-spawn and try again.

I think though that the pvp community in general gets a bad rep. As an example in World of Warships I had two or three matches yesterday when a player announced they had a stock ship and never played it before. They got nothing but help from the team, and that's in Warships which is pvp based. A random 15 v 15 pug match and people were helping each other. Don't forget the community here goes out of it's way to be helpful. Yes, asking general questions in zone chat will likely get you one or two sarcastic responses (or more) but someone will always eventually answer. I think the naysayers in these articles need to take a breath and understand that you'll always have a few people being jerks in every game but that's no reason not to play.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Pre-patching go!!
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    tilarta wrote: »
    But it isn't possible to guarantee someone else won't get emotional because their team just lost.
    That's always going to be a possibility, even in a CPvE queue.
    There is no guarantee that someone won't get emotional because his PvE QUeue isn't moving fast enough, someone blew up, someone flew the wrong ship, or his girlfriend left him because he raged too much about STO instead of cuddling with her. SO be it.

There is not a tiny little thing these ragers can actually do, other than mouth off in chat. You can just ignore what they say, or actually use the ignore function, when that happens.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    ^ +1