test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Monthly Screenshot Contest: April - Submit yours now!

jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
edited October 2018 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Hi fellow Captains,

Many have wondered where the contests gone.. fear not, we are back, after a short hiatus!
And planning to stay around as well.

And with that out of the way - here's the theme for April!

April's Theme: "Time Travel"

Time travel... I often say "Do not fiddle with the time", really, just do not..bad, bad.. bad Jan! but we'll make an exception this month. The theme allows all of you to come up with the past & future themes; in any way you'd see fit. Ships? Characters? Locations? All flies just greatly.

For one F.A.Q. - To upload your screenshots, use a public hosting service, such as www.imgur.com and then post its' URL with the
[img]picture's url here[/img]

To summarize:
  • No need to limit yourself; you can go back in time and to the future as well! Ships? Your characters? Locations? All up to your preference.
  • Tools like Photoshop or taking screenshots from Demorecord Tool, from the demos you recorded are perfectly within rules!
  • Only one entry per one user.
  • Entering the contest with more than one account, to bypass the "one entry per user" rule WILL get you disqualified.
  • You can edit your entry throughout the month's contest at your leisure. Just edit your entry with another picture if you want/need to.
  • Have fun!

Have fun!

PRIZES:

1st Prize = 1500 ZEN + Your screenshot gets made into an Official STO Wallpaper!

2nd Prize = 1000 ZEN

3rd Prize = 500 ZEN

FEW RULES:
  • All images must be at least 1920x1080 for submission. Or larger.
  • One entry per month per author. You can re-entry next month if you don't win.
  • Images not meeting the size-requirement will not qualify for the grand- prize of being converted into a wallpaper!
  • All images must be submitted in JPEG form. If you add any graphic elements to your picture, make sure you do keep the .PSD file, in case you win!
  • Adding custom flavor to your image is encouraged! (Ie. editing in Photoshop)
  • Absolute must - All images must be purely made by using Star Trek Online visual assets. Don't use any TV series/movies pictures!
  • No usage of third-party 3D models. As above. Your entries must be done purely by using STO visual assets and/or your creativity. (Photoshop editing - it HAS to be your work)

A LITTLE HOW TO:

All entries must be at least 1920x1080. There are few ways how to get a good picture.
  • Type "/renderscale 2" (or larger number, but needs stronger computer/GPU) into your chat window before you take the image.
  • Type "/screenshot" to take image.
  • This will create a large .TGA file in the directory, which you can convert in Photoshop, to fit the required size.
  • Additionally, you can edit your screenshot, to add custom perks to it, you deem fit! The only rule here is, again, and this is emphasised - it must be your work!
  • You can find your screenshot folder in "\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots" - that being a rule of thumb on most computers

Good luck to every participant. Be Efficient!

~Captain Jan
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
"bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
"Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Also personal note - Things have been hectic over my side, and I took time off; but your entries from the last month will be graded! Nothing was lost. Just felt I'd give you all heads-up & apologize for the delay. :)

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2016
    No entree this month for me. Unless I edit this before it's over. :smirk:
    Post edited by comrademoco on
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    cedmon91cedmon91 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    First Contact
    The U.S.S. Enterprise about to witness The Phoenix's first jump to warp. -- April 4, 2063

a1AphA6.jpg?1
  • Options
    ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    cedmon91 wrote: »
    First Contact
    The U.S.S. Enterprise about to witness The Phoenix's first jump to warp. -- April 4, 2063

a1AphA6.jpg?1
    To Quote Zefram Cochrane:
    sweet_jesus.gif

• Options
    waimserwaimser Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I know where she went for 7 years.

EgKslpG.jpg
  • Options
    ivanstoivansto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    rcqlCdz.jpg
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Captain's Log, Stardate 8210.3
    Our position: orbiting planet Genesis
    Onboard the Valkyrie: Captain Six of Nine in command

We travelled back in time to investigate a temporal disturbance near the former planet Genesis that allegedly caused the federation to be several times larger than it should be during this period of time and already found our first clue - the registry number of the science vessel U.S.S. Grissom which monitors the planet indicates a federation fleet of an incredible size..

H3VXfi9.jpg

Live long and prosper \V/,
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    A change of heart. How could I pass up the chance to recreate a legendary Star Trek moment?
    The "HMS Bounty", a stolen Bird of Prey, sneaks through the fog under the Golden Gate Bridge under command of one James T. Kirk.
    bOZ85Fa.jpg

A carefully edited shot from Starfleet Academy merged with a T6 B'rel Bird of Prey. It's based on this scene from the film: HMS Bounty
    Post edited by cuchulainn74 on
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    goryssgoryss Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    1cGp3gc.jpg
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Yesterday's Enterprise, Today's Ramillies
    Or would that be Today's Enterprise, Tomorrow's Ramillies?
    I hate temporal mechanics.

fmg4W2u.jpg
    Post edited by spyralpegacyon on
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    cedmon91 wrote: »
    a1AphA6.jpg?1
    bOZ85Fa.jpg
    Whatever follows, these two have to be strong contenders.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    Time Travel? How about this guy.

(not a real entry)

pn5B7z.png
  • Options
    zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    31st Century Vulcans at Ancient Iconia.
    qyPKLi7.jpg?1
    Why do I still play and put money into STO?
    The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
  • Options
    zeithrizeithri Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Here is my submission.

http://i.imgur.com/8ZUXDkg.jpg

I have made up a little story for this ship, but I doubt roleplaying reasons would give me bonus points, harr harr xP
    Unfortunately since I am a new poster on this forum, I cannot do the whole 'link post', but copy paste that and it'll be fine.
    Unless, there's a better way to post screenshots.
    Post edited by zeithri on
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
    Next Poster below here.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    "Goodbye, Jean-Luc. I'll miss you. You did have so much potential. But I guess... all good things must come to an end."

Pv9rQKV.jpg
  • Options
    "Goodbye, Jean-Luc. I'll miss you. You did have so much potential. But I guess... all good things must come to an end."
    snip

Excellent work.
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    U.S.S. Bradbury, Battle Configuration, chasing K.I.V. Annorax in the Time Stream

WGXGqkf.jpg
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The U.S.S. Excalibur Dragon in Earth Orbit.

ZniWfOI.jpg?1
  • Options
    tryryantryryan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    rnanBtg.jpg

With the temporal cold war growing more dangerous by the day, Fleet Admiral Jhanon was warned of the possibility that she may be a target of Na’kuhl temporal tampering. The USS Himalayan slipped back 15 years to Jhanon's youth and arrived in orbit of Vulcan. Remembering her own encounter with her future self, Jhanon beamed her younger self up in secret for a one-on-one meeting.
    hGtf7R0.png
  • Options
    chrisbrzozowskichrisbrzozowski Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    bVcVKqh.png
    idk why its not showing here but click the link :) It's the Andorian Khyzon, U.S.S. Pegasus flying over New Khitomer!
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    My entry:

Prepare for temporal incursion!
    hrMkxH.jpg
  • Options
    I cannot post links... :(
  • Options
    is there another way to send the photo?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    bVcVKqh.png idk why its not showing here but click the link :) It's the Andorian Khyzon, U.S.S. Pegasus flying over New Khitomer!
    It's nt showing because you are not using the img markup. Quote one of the other posts with an image to see how that works.
    Alternatively: Above the post edit field there are a bunch of formatting options. The fourth from the right (looking like a piece of paper with its upper right corner folded in) can be used to create the tag.

Edit: If you quote this post, you should also see how I modified your post to allow the picture to show inside the post.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hi @chrisbrzozowski,

I took the liberty to fix your post. Your image now shows proudly. :3

@jamesghercerint

This seems to be an issue of new-users. Try to post around the forums for a bit more, generally the permissions should be opened to you in no time. I also mentioned this to LaughingTrendy. Meanwhile, if you post the link to your screenshot into your post, it'll at least be there.

• Options
    four7alphatangofour7alphatango Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    dSsDdrp.jpg

"Half awake and half in dreams
    Seeing long forgotten scenes
    So the present runs into the past
    Now and then become entwined, playing games within my mind
    Like the embers as they die
    Love was one prolonged good-bye
    And it all comes back to me tonight
    In the gloom
    Like an angel passing through my room"

(Heck of a time to go through backups from 2010...)
  • Options
    graham6411graham6411 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    A 29th Century traveller ThChFUJ.jpg?1
    Known as @graham6410 in game
  • Options
    pr0fg1ggl3spr0fg1ggl3s Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Greetings!

Here is one of my character messing around with a "Na'Kuhl Phasic Shroud Device" which malfunctions and accidentally sends him back in time. Whoops...

Entry%20Time%20Travel_1.jpg

Edit: Added some motion blur hoping for a sort of movement time travel effect. Here is hoping I didn't mess it up...
    Post edited by pr0fg1ggl3s on
  • Options
    oiramoccasoiramoccas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    screenshot_2016-04-20-23-50-35_zpsfwflo1ee.jpg
    Are you Klingon???
    Picture2_zpsrjboskax.jpg
This discussion has been closed.