test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What about those who own allready the ship

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
How nice is this, Cryptic finally make an T6 version of all tree Flagships, Just bought those darn ships when they hit Holodeck as a T5, After that a T5-U where you had with one off them lay down 700 zen to get it T5-U. Now they bring out the T6 and let me guess another 3000 to 6000 Zen ?
Are we in anyway compensated those who bought the pack once it came out ?
Maybe a thousand zen less for those who bought the packs from day one ... ???? He Just asking ???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."

Comments

• Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Short answer; No.

Long answer; for crying out loud people wake up, this question has been asked since the pathfinder was revealed with the release of delta rising. The answer has not changed in all that time and yet people keep asking the same thing whenever another T6 remake of a T5 ship is released.

If they have never made a connection to the T5 flagships, yet kept the same stats, same models, same traits and consoles but didn't call them T6 oddys or T6 Borts and didn't do the extra work to make sure parts could be mixed and matched with the T5's... no one would even bat an eyelash, becuase clearly its a new ship. But becuase theres a connection to T5 ships "There MUST be a discount!"

Seriously, wake up.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    How nice is this, Cryptic finally make an T6 version of all tree Flagships, Just bought those darn ships when they hit Holodeck as a T5, After that a T5-U where you had with one off them lay down 700 zen to get it T5-U. Now they bring out the T6 and let me guess another 3000 to 6000 Zen ?
    Maybe a thousand zen less for those who bought the packs from day one ... ???? He Just asking ???

There's already 18 ships (21 if you also count the vet ships) which got the T6 treatment so why do people still ask about some T5-owner discount that cryptic clearly has no intention of introducing. ><
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

No one is forcing you to buy the T6 ships.

It's not like the release of T6 Variants somehow makes the T5U versions less effective then they were yesterday. If you want the upgraded version you buy it. If the price is too high, then skip it.

I don't get why whenever they release a T6 Variant of a ship everyone currently flying the T5 version now feels that they have to buy it and suddenly the version they have isn't good enough.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User

There's already 18 ships (21 if you also count the vet ships) which got the T6 treatment so why do people still ask about some T5-owner discount that cryptic clearly has no intention of introducing. ><

The first ship that affects them directly?

Not all get a lot of ships and when finally they are affected by a new T6 ship they get angry.

But really nothing new to see here.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Cryptic’s policy when dealing with new stuff is pretty straight forward when it comes to ships:

New Boff layout + New Stats + New Skin = New Ship

New Ship = full price

I remember that it was really annoying when I replaced my JHAS with the JHSS a while back but I have not regretted it ever since, because hey… it’s a new ship!

Now that policy has reached the flag ship captains as well. Deal with it and remember nobody is forcing you to do anything.

Tier 5 U still works fine to beat every contend (I have yet to find a replacement for my recluse e.g.).
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    p4hajuju wrote: »

The first ship that affects them directly?
    Quite possible. ;)

Of course, it's also always possible that Cryptic changes its stance. But it seems very unlikely. 18 ships is plenty of precedent.

And nowadays it seems there are always "early-adopter" discounts. Plus the discounts from buying the pack. Everyone can get it, not just the Tier 5 variant owners, but even they don't have to pay the full price.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    dude16305dude16305 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I think they gonna do it. Give us discount, i mean. Or even giving them for free. I'm an optimist ;D. If not? Well, no problem. but i belive in you, Cryptic!
    Thanks for letting me finish my exploration accolades!
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I remember that it was really annoying when I replaced my JHAS with the JHSS a while back but I have not regretted it ever since, because hey… it’s a new ship!

Oh yeah, forgot the JHSS which also comes with two different boff layouts by now, which basically makes it 2 different ships based on the same T5. So counting that we're at 20 (again, 23 with vets) T6 refits, fleet ships not included.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    narthais wrote: »
    Short answer; No.

Long answer; for crying out loud people wake up, this question has been asked since the pathfinder was revealed with the release of delta rising. The answer has not changed in all that time and yet people keep asking the same thing whenever another T6 remake of a T5 ship is released.

If they have never made a connection to the T5 flagships, yet kept the same stats, same models, same traits and consoles but didn't call them T6 oddys or T6 Borts and didn't do the extra work to make sure parts could be mixed and matched with the T5's... no one would even bat an eyelash, becuase clearly its a new ship. But becuase theres a connection to T5 ships "There MUST be a discount!"

Seriously, wake up.

^^ This. In its entirety.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    I'm awake sir, and no problem to buy those because I will support this game whenever I can, But if you are a customer for so long you think asking for a discount is wrong.... He I'm like Less Gold from Detroit asking for a small discount so ?? Hahaha No just kidding but I like the dude. True Businessmen !!! From the Biggest pawn broker in Detroit !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Umm none of us got compensated for: Defiant, Galaxy, tier 6 BOP, Intrepid, Yamato/Dreadnought cruiser. What in the hell makes you think you're going to get compensated for the flagships?
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    You get to pay for it again and then when cryptic decides to go to T7 you can pay for it again!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I can see though how people might expect differently from the Flagships, seeing as this if the first T6 version of super expensive bundle ships.
    And I have to be honest... I am extremely hesitant getting these new ships after already having coughed up a huge wad of cash for the Bortasqu bundle, it did not come cheap.

Also, people have every right to "entitled whining" considering the amount of cash that's already been spent, and this is pretty much double dipping at its finest.
    I know of no other prominent MMORPG that carries out this practice on this scale.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2016

whats this now? an entitlement claim.

and cryptic is in the business of charity work? it pretty much goes against their standing of making money to survive, huh?

as another person put it, i think you should wake up. you bought one ship with zen, you can buy a few more. besides all that complaining on the recent dilthium market makes this a good sink for the moment.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    You get to pay for it again and then when cryptic decides to go to T7 you can pay for it again!

True.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I'm awake sir, and no problem to buy those because I will support this game whenever I can, But if you are a customer for so long you think asking for a discount is wrong.... He I'm like Less Gold from Detroit asking for a small discount so ?? Hahaha No just kidding but I like the dude. True Businessmen !!! From the Biggest pawn broker in Detroit !!

If you're a long time player that means Cryptic has already delivered hundreds of hours of fun to you, plus hundreds more of grind.

If anything they should charge you extra to pay them back for that extra fun that you've already consumed!

;)
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    I must ask Apple for a free iPhone next time they bring out a better version of the one I already have.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I must ask Apple for a free iPhone next time they bring out a better version of the one I already have.

No kidding, need to ask for a new Galaxy samsung phone.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Oh look, people making invalid comparisons between Virtual goods and real world items.

Of all the things an Apple product is the worst thing you could possibly use to try and compare with. Yes, you need to buy a new device if you want to take advantage of greater processing power and new form factor.(not to mention we are talking about expensive micro-computers here and a physical product that uses real materials of value in its construction which virtual items do not.)
    But what people seem to forget is that once you buy an apple device of any kind, you get OS updates FREE forever, for as long as the hardware is capable of supporting it.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Cryptic is after money not about pleasing customers. Would be great to have a discount if you owned a previous version for sure. However, there is no history for that ever since they rolled out the T6 for boxed and C store ships and don't think they would start now.tiger-36.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    Think that's bad, wait until the T7 ships start rolling in.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    But what people seem to forget is that once you buy an apple device of any kind, you get OS updates FREE forever, for as long as the hardware is capable of supporting it.

I get free patches for STO every week too.

"Virtual" product or "real" product, it's made by real people who need real pay.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    What I would support wholeheartedly were dynamic discounts aimed at "families" of ships. If you have ships in different tiers that form a console synergy, for example Exploration Cruiser Refit, Retrofit and T6 version, I'd welcome a slight discount per "family member" owned, so you can maybe knock off 250 zen per ship owned.

For the flag ships, if you already own all three T5s they could grant you a 750zen discount on the T6 three-pack, making it 2250 zen per ship (4500 for the three-pack). On three-piece sets like the Valiant for example you could save 500zen if you own the Sao Paolo and Retrofit.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

I get free patches for STO every week too.

"Virtual" product or "real" product, it's made by real people who need real pay.

Yep, a new player hasn't been using server and developer resources that cost "real world" money for hundreds or thousands of hours. Player X might have supported the game 6 months ago by buying ship Y, but Cryptic used up that money long ago.

New ship sales keep the lights on. "Pleasing customers" requires paying the bills including pellets for the server hamsters and kibble for the staff so that STO keeps running. Shutting down would please customers much less.
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    Oh look, people making invalid comparisons between Virtual goods and real world items.

Of all the things an Apple product is the worst thing you could possibly use to try and compare with. Yes, you need to buy a new device if you want to take advantage of greater processing power and new form factor.(not to mention we are talking about expensive micro-computers here and a physical product that uses real materials of value in its construction which virtual items do not.)

With the 2016 T6 Odyssey you get free insurance for life, when ever it gets destroyed it is replace promptly. We also balance your ship for free for the life of your Odyssey, all addition base Odyssey features are given free of charge. Please buy a T6 Odyssey today, all proceeds go into continued support of Star trek online and cryptic studios.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I thought it was a shady policy then, I think it's a shady policy now. However, there are enough people who don't seem to care what Cryptic does to make money, so I'll be making this my first T6 ship purchase. The avalanche started a while ago, the pebbles no longer have a vote.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    What I would support wholeheartedly were dynamic discounts aimed at "families" of ships. If you have ships in different tiers that form a console synergy, for example Exploration Cruiser Refit, Retrofit and T6 version, I'd welcome a slight discount per "family member" owned, so you can maybe knock off 250 zen per ship owned.

For the flag ships, if you already own all three T5s they could grant you a 750zen discount on the T6 three-pack, making it 2250 zen per ship (4500 for the three-pack). On three-piece sets like the Valiant for example you could save 500zen if you own the Sao Paolo and Retrofit.​​

I like this actually. It could encourage more spending overall for a small cut.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I can see though how people might expect differently from the Flagships, seeing as this if the first T6 version of super expensive bundle ships.
    And I have to be honest... I am extremely hesitant getting these new ships after already having coughed up a huge wad of cash for the Bortasqu bundle, it did not come cheap.

Also, people have every right to "entitled whining" considering the amount of cash that's already been spent, and this is pretty much double dipping at its finest.
    I know of no other prominent MMORPG that carries out this practice on this scale.

I agree with you. The problem is they've tried it and people bought the ships... so why would they stop now? People will buy the ships anyway.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS