Install Arc
Options

Forums Update Incoming

124»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    What file format are your avatars? Mine is extra shiny now. And I haven't changed it since BEFORE the move.

EDIT: after taking a quick look at your pages, it looks like the difference is that your avatars are JPG while mine is PNG. Maybe it's a flaw in how the forum compresses JPGs?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    I don't know if this has already been addressed or asked, (still looking for the answer)

Is there currently an issue with signature pictures? or have they been completely turned off? It seems I am unable to add my flaming "Comrademoco" signature again.

Also I am using Microsoft Edge on Win 10. I have checked with Chrome and it seems the signature picture results in an "error" image code.

I have also checked with Chrome on my Android device and the results are the same, the signature image does not show up.

6tviTDx.png

• Options
    Did you try using an img tag in your sig?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Did you try using an img tag in your sig?

eeeyup
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Speaking of signatures, any reason why I still can't use colored text in my signature? Neither html nor BBCode.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    vlJu54b.png

Hmm........ I think it's the image.... you're trying to link an Arcgames.com image file. It may be set to disallow that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    vlJu54b.png that's the img I'm trying to link.

It's from my imgur acct

k5S4lgC.png
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    Hrmm looks like tagging dosent even work... Urgh. I'll see something else then
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Well, it's Monday, and it looks like changing my avatar on ARC has never affected my avatar on the forum. :( If you're able to see it, Trendy, I set my ARC avatar differently from my forum one to see what it would do, and the ARC one has not come over here. :/

Also, I tried to delete my forum avatar with the "Remove Picture" option, but it won't do it on Firefox, IE, or my phone. The forum avatar remains no matter what I do. I wonder if a moderator would have the ability to completely delete my avatar (rather than changing it)?
    I've been exchanging some emails about it. There are some things I have been able to fix, but those that I couldn't I have escalated them.

OK, thanks for the update. Per the suggestions someone made, I'll try later tonight to create a PNG version of my avatar to see if the problem is specific to JPG. When I find out, I'll let you know.

Please let me know if you need any more information on the troubleshooting steps I've taken and tactics I've tried. :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    I got le signature working now...

nobody panic XD

also there's an issue with Edge not showing images... really weird but... got it working.
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Well, it's Monday, and it looks like changing my avatar on ARC has never affected my avatar on the forum. :( If you're able to see it, Trendy, I set my ARC avatar differently from my forum one to see what it would do, and the ARC one has not come over here. :/

Also, I tried to delete my forum avatar with the "Remove Picture" option, but it won't do it on Firefox, IE, or my phone. The forum avatar remains no matter what I do. I wonder if a moderator would have the ability to completely delete my avatar (rather than changing it)?
    I've been exchanging some emails about it. There are some things I have been able to fix, but those that I couldn't I have escalated them.

OK, thanks for the update. Per the suggestions someone made, I'll try later tonight to create a PNG version of my avatar to see if the problem is specific to JPG. When I find out, I'll let you know.

Please let me know if you need any more information on the troubleshooting steps I've taken and tactics I've tried. :)
    It's related to SSO and Vanilla resizing. Even if you were to upload in a different format, it wouldn't fix it. This is something the team is looking to address.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Yep...new format didn't help. Oh well, it had to be tried. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    vlJu54b.png that's the img I'm trying to link.

It's from my imgur acct

k5S4lgC.png

I see you got this working now. Just did an element inspection and the reason it wasn't showing in this post and possibly in your sig earlier (which you may have now realised) was because you'd missed the http:// from the start of the link, so the forums auto parsed the URL to this sites URL plus the end of your posted image link since it didn't know how else to handle it.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    AH, yeah, I missed that earlier, good catch. he used

htt p://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1204033/forums-update-incoming/
    i.imgur.com/vlJu54b.png

hehe.... That was the actual URL that the system was trying to display. If you clip out the extra part....

vlJu54b.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    interesting, my signature options didn't show it as that, it showed it as an actual image from imgur.com including the http://.

Either way, tiz working now :)

Thanks guys! hehehe
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    This might come as a surprise to other people on the STO forums, but I do have a life outside of STO, so I was catching up with that, in addition to playing the game and playing some other games.

... and binge-watching Netflix. I knocked out all 7 Seasons of Sons of Anarchy in the span of a month. :)

What is this 'life' of which you speak of? :scream:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    This might come as a surprise to other people on the STO forums, but I do have a life outside of STO, so I was catching up with that, in addition to playing the game and playing some other games.

... and binge-watching Netflix. I knocked out all 7 Seasons of Sons of Anarchy in the span of a month. :)

What is this 'life' of which you speak of? :scream:

"Life" apparently is something that involves a human body, holding still and staring at a rectangular space in a living module for hours at a time, while it displays moving pictures of fictional characters that usually behave badly toward authoritative figures and each other, with an occasional display of copulation thrown in to excite the human sex drive.
    It also involves placing a lot of different consumable materials into the human mouth, which involuntarily causes the mouth to masticate, and later leads to the expulsion of said materials in much cruder forms, out of orifices located in the lower part of the human body.

When one stops to think about it..., it takes all the fun out of it.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    jnbottawajnbottawa Member Posts: 1 New User
    I want to start a fleet. I need to know how to do it and to recruit. I already have 2 that are interested in starting a fleet. How many do I need?
  • Options
    5 I think, but honestly you're probably better off joining an extant fleet...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy, has their been problems with the reporting system? I don't know under the new method if there's supposed to be any acknowledgement.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I noticed there is now an option to 'Delete' a post when clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner of your post, the one for editing. I hope this was intentional. :) Edit: Weird. I have the option to delete a post in the Tribble Patch notes section but not this post here. :confused:

Also, after editing a post the red text at the bottom of the post that says "Posted edited by..." it has a (Log) button. Clicking the button takes me to a page that says "You don't have permission to do that". I'm guessing the log button is only for moderators and possibly so they can see the original post before it was edited. Edit: This (Log) button seems to only show on my post in the Tribble patch notes section.

See my post here http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12732367/#Comment_12732367

I guess they're working on the Tribble patch notes section right now and some options are available to us that are probably meant only for moderators.

@pwlaughingtrendy