test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Armada "invisible" Fleets

grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
Dear Devs,

There seems to be a bug for some people that is making some of the fleets in the armada literally "invisible". For example two of our Beta's are gone from the list but the Gamma's are still visible. The Armada level and bonuses/discount have not been affected at all, just the fleets don't show up.

Thank you for all that you do, take care.

Best Regards,
-Grayfox
Liberty Task Force Fleet Admiral
STOFA Member Fleet
Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
Fleet Leader of:
Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
Liberty Guardians
U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    ujam1ujam1 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Same here! Several different armadas. Thx!
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
    FED: Special Circumstances, Raumpatroullie Elysion, Naeramarth
    KDF: Special Circumstances KDF
  • Options
    farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    Can you get a screenshot of what this looks like? What do you see when you click on the empty fleet spot on the armada page?
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This only seems to be happening, to our Fed side armada!

KDF side armada, shows fine for us!

Will upload pics here shortly!

tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    Here is what I see on screen!

screenshot_2015-08-13-21-51-01_zpsyfuclxtz.jpg

screenshot_2015-08-13-21-51-19_zpsbljzygix.jpg

screenshot_2015-08-13-21-51-26_zpsdkamw0ky.jpg

screenshot_2015-08-13-21-51-14_zpsghqrihxg.jpg

screenshot_2015-08-13-21-51-09_zpsm8vngkxa.jpg

screenshot_2015-08-13-21-51-05_zpsjwp0ylcd.jpg

• Options
    Hey ShadowWraith thanks for posting those. Yeah that's basically what I see too except with mine it's the KDF that's messed up and our Fed is fine.

I'd post pics but probably won't be able to until after the patch tomorrow. We'll see if something fixes it, if not I'll try to post more pics as well. I don't even know if ours shows the 0-0 part, I'll have to check. Level and bonuses show alright, members total doesn't...I wonder if this has something to do with the scrolling left and right function they were going to add today...mm...could that have broken it?
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Hey ShadowWraith thanks for posting those. Yeah that's basically what I see too except with mine it's the KDF that's messed up and our Fed is fine.

I'd post pics but probably won't be able to until after the patch tomorrow. We'll see if something fixes it, if not I'll try to post more pics as well. I don't even know if ours shows the 0-0 part, I'll have to check. Level and bonuses show alright, members total doesn't...I wonder if this has something to do with the scrolling left and right function they were going to add today...mm...could that have broken it?

Same here. Only my KDF armada seems to be affected. Strange thing is someone in my KDF fleet said they can see all fleets in the armada.

When viewing the invisible fleets it shows they have no active projects for any holding or starbase and everything is showing as tier 0.

My fleet name: House of Shadowbroker

screenshot_2015-08-14-00-33-43_zps1ril79hc.jpg~original

screenshot_2015-08-14-00-33-57_zpsylzcqjnu.jpg~original

screenshot_2015-08-14-00-40-18_zpsqjhcqvob.jpg~original
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Weird. I exited the game and relaunched and all fleets were showing up in my armada.

Cause of the issue: switching between a federation and KDF character without logging out or exiting the game first.

After relaunching the game I logged into a KDF character and the armada was fine.
    screenshot_2015-08-14-00-55-11_zpsyfw0scls.jpg~original

After switching to a federation character my federation armada was totally messed up.
    screenshot_2015-08-14-01-00-18_zpszzme2owx.jpg~original

Exited the game and relaunched it then logged into a KDF character. My KDF armada was fine so I switched to a fed character and my fed armada was now messed up.

I logged out of the game, without exiting it, then logged back into a federation character and his fed armada was still messed up.

It depends on which character you log into first. The first character's armada will show up fine but any other characters you switch to that are in different fleets will have their armadas show up broken. For characters in the same fleet the armada will be fine, or broken, for all characters in that fleet.

It seems that only exiting the game and relaunching it then logging into a character you want to contribute to armada projects with fixes it. But if you want to contribute stuff on a character in a different fleet you need to exit the game then log into them first.
  • Options
    Well that's a pain in the butt bug :/ hope they figure it out soon.
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    Indeed! Please put it on priority! The contribution to the armada fleets is broken due this bug!
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbatsoupcrypticbatsoup Member Posts: 25 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the repro steps everyone. I'll be digging into this and we'll try to get a fix out for it soon, but until then thanks to monkeybone13's deduction you can fix this per-character by exiting out of the game completely. (This also narrows down the bug quite a bit so I've got a pretty good idea where the issue is)
    Today is a good day to fix bugs.
  • Options
    crypticbatsoupcrypticbatsoup Member Posts: 25 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2015
    Alright, looks like I've got a working fix for this locally. Armada fixes take a bit of time in QA land (because you've, well.. got to get a whole armada logged in together, or in this case several armadas, and test a bunch of stuff), but there is a fix coming soon™ to a patch near you.
    Post edited by crypticbatsoup on
    Today is a good day to fix bugs.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,832 Arc User
    Is there an estimate when this would be fixed?
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Glad this will be fixed, and that there is an explanation for it.

While on the topic of armada fleets:

Contributions made through the Armada tab are not added to the overall holding contribution in your own fleet. It instead will be totaled at the fleet you made contributions to (and thus be invisible to yourself and your fleet officers).

Is this intended or a bug?

Because when new fleet members try to reach a certain contribution threshold (to be promoted and/or to gain fleet store access), all their contributions to other armada fleets are for naught. Most don't even realize this, while often contributing to other armada fleets is the only way for them to gain fleet credits.

My suggestion would be to also add it to the total in your own fleet, so your efforts are visible and not in vain.
  • Options
    Todays fix did not work for me. Same problem by switching from FED to KDF toon. Fleets in Armada are still not visible!
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Can confirm today's fix did not work, can see my fed armada fine as I logged in there first, kdf armada however is only showing 1 of the 12 other fleets in the armada.
  • Options
    jennysevenjennyseven Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same here... almost like they forgot to install the patch. The first toon it works fine.
  • Options
    jennyward1985jennyward1985 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Same here...... so much 4 it being fixed :-(
  • Options
    Yup, logged into Fed, everything was fine. Then went to KDF side and invisible fleets. Weird thing is I did a Crystalline on KDF side then went into my Starbase and came out and checked the armada again and I could see it all!

Logged into my Fed and...yup invisible fleets again. Not sure what I did on KDF side to be able to see them, but the bug swapped.
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    Any official feedback, please?
    Thank you!
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I am still getting this error after the Aug 20 patch.
    armada_bug.png​​
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    Same happening in our STO Alliance Network armadas, it's a pretty universal issue at this time. Map changing doesn't always fix it.​​
  • Options
    Same here. It seems the fix didn't work. :'(
  • Options
    From my experience, which ever faction you first log in as, it will display correctly for them, but not the alternate faction!

Listed below, is another issue within the same faction, that you first log into that does show armada information!

If you log in as an example FED beta fleet, it will display the entire armada to you, however if you have a gamma fleet under your betas belt, and than log into a character belonging to that gamma, it will nt display your beta fleet that is caring for you.

As I am not an alpha, I cannot comment on any issues here.

I run 2 FED fleets, and have characters in both fleets as well, 1 of the fleets is a beta, while the other is the betas gamma fleet.

If I log into 1 of my characters belonging to the beta fleet first, it will display everything it should, however if I than swap to 1 of my gamma fleet characters, it will not show the beta fleet in charge of my gamma.

Now, if I log into the game using 1 of my characters belonging to the gamma fleet first, it will show everything it should, and this includes immediately swapping to a character belonging to the beta fleet after.

However, in both above scenarios, it will ruin the KDF side because I first logged in using a FED character, and this goes visa versa if I first log in with a KDF character!

• Options
    jennyward1985jennyward1985 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Does anybody know when this bug is going 2 b fixed? its pretty annoying now :-(