test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dauntless bridge

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
So, no special bridge for the Dauntless. :( How disappointing.
3lsZz0w.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    RAGE

/10 characters
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was not expecting one to be honest. lockbox ships and sometimes 3 pack ships get them like the scimitar get them. individual c-store ships dont.

at best they might add a dauntless bridge as some kind of bridge pack later on.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Will anything get a special bridge? Anything at all?

Oh, of course. The lockbox ships coming out next week will get their own bridge, but not the other coveted T6 ships! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That's right they don't sell, especially when the last bridge pack to be released was when Atari was still in charge. Also, when the majority of your bridge packs are just re-colors and not very well thought out, of course they will not sell very well to the newer players.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you don't build it. They wont buy it.

Personally I have everything I want from the store. The only thing at this point I would buy are NEW Bridge packs.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    The main problem with the Bridge packs is the amount of time we spend ON our bridges. We need more functionality out of our ship interiors.

Maybe we can have a career specific thing we can do that gives us a buff, like engies can go to Engineering and "Perform a diagnostic on x system" and we get a buff to that system for an hour, while Sci characters can go to the science lab and "Perform x analysis" for a sci oriented buff.

Right now there is almost 0 incentive to even go on our bridges. They make a decent meeting place every once in a while, and freighter/cell ship bridges have some extra stuff... but that's about it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Meh REALLY! :-(
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Doubtful. We've heard numerous times from the Devs bridge packs don't sell well.

Well...since I bought half of them, sure would be nice to get my money back.

BTW Devs....if you bothered to actually FIX the damn bridges in relation to the Boffs that may or may not be buried halfway through the chair, maybe they would sale better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not that it was the most original bridge in Trek, but couldn't we at least have gotten the bridge shown in Voyager? As far as not making money on bridges, the ship itself is going to cost Zen so... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well to be fair no C-store FED ship has ever gotten its own free special bridge exept for the Odyssey which is the flag ship. Cryptic stopped making bridge packs for the C-store a long time ago saying that it just didn't pay off.

I was hoping we would get the Dauntess bridge but I never really believed it would happen.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    knocky wrote: »
    Well...since I bought half of them, sure would be nice to get my money back.

BTW Devs....if you bothered to actually FIX the damn bridges in relation to the Boffs that may or may not be buried halfway through the chair, maybe they would sale better.

I doubt a visual bug is keeping the majority of players from buying bridge packs. It's is probably more of a 'I don't care about ship interiors" thing.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm disappointed as well that there wasn't a unique interior for this ship as it was radically different than others we already have.

I understand why since its been said by Tacofangs on many occasions that ship interiors are time consuming and unless they play some type of mission role for a story arc they simply don't make them aside from the lock boxes, etc. I didn't expect there to be one but I was holding out hope for it.

As for the intel ships though, I don't recall hearing one way or the other, but would be nice for some kinda of stealth bridge. I bought the delta pack anyways and I really don't spend time on my bridge to care too much.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am fast coming to the conclusion that we actually need fewer bridges, not more.

One of the biggest missed opportunities in STO is action onboard our own ships.

Seems to me that a radical pass through bridges could enable that.

First, remove all bridge packs (excluding the Connie and Defiant interiors).

You could refund current owners of bridge packs 25% back in zen, if you were feeling generous.

Second, make the Origin bridge the only bridge for Star Fleet ships.

Essentially take the ability to choose bridge away.

The exception would be full interior packs, like the Connie and Defiant, as well as the forthcoming Intrepid.

Third, make a Klingon bridge as good as the Origin bridge, Romulans have an excellent bridge now.

Finally, put the extra work into allowing the bridge to have a master systems display that shows the ship you are actually in.

By reducing the pool of bridges to one per faction, the devs are more able to justify the resources needed to polish them up nicely.

It also makes more realised interiors in general easier to do.

Taco has written how the most practical approach is by category/size of ship.

Standardising the bridge makes that a lot easier to do.

Over time, I would hope that such an approach would open up interiors to more dev attention in many ways.

The current complexity is the problem. Adding to it wont help.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    I am fast coming to the conclusion that we actually need fewer bridges, not more.

One of the biggest missed opportunities in STO is action onboard our own ships.

Seems to me that a radical pass through bridges could enable that.

First, remove all bridge packs (excluding the Connie and Defiant interiors).

You could refund current owners of bridge packs 25% back in zen, if you were feeling generous.

Second, make the Origin bridge the only bridge for Star Fleet ships.

Essentially take the ability to choose bridge away.

The exception would be full interior packs, like the Connie and Defiant, as well as the forthcoming Intrepid.

Third, make a Klingon bridge as good as the Origin bridge, Romulans have an excellent bridge now.

Finally, put the extra work into allowing the bridge to have a master systems display that shows the ship you are actually in.

By reducing the pool of bridges to one per faction, the devs are more able to justify the resources needed to polish them up nicely.

It also makes more realised interiors in general easier to do.

Taco has written how the most practical approach is by category/size of ship.

Standardising the bridge makes that a lot easier to do.

Over time, I would hope that such an approach would open up interiors to more dev attention in many ways.

The current complexity is the problem. Adding to it wont help.

I'm sorry but that's one of the most horrible ideas I've heard in a while. Taking away what little we have from us is never good. And the Origin bridge while looking modern just doesn't have the same feel or curves like some of the older bridges we have.
    Plus I know a bunch of people that use and like the misscellanous bridges we currently have availible. Just as an ex. on my Tac.Human I use a Galaxy-R, with TNG uniforms and the Galaxy bridge from the Galaxy C-Store pack. I have a nice TNG theme going on. No refund on Earth would reduce the suckage I'd feel for having an Origin bridge on that ship.

The development of this game (unfortunately IMHO) is - money talks. In order to make interiors, they need to monetize them - at least according to what they say. The only way I can see this happening is if they turn our ship interiors into the equivalent of player housing in other games. That way they can monetize by making it a nice dilithium/zen sink, plus they even may add some other value and stuff to do in the interiors because it would pay off. But that means more options, not less.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that's one of the most horrible ideas I've heard in a while. Taking away what little we have from us is never good. And the Origin bridge while looking modern just doesn't have the same feel or curves like some of the older bridges we have.
    Plus I know a bunch of people that use and like the misscellanous bridges we currently have availible. Just as an ex. on my Tac.Human I use a Galaxy-R, with TNG uniforms and the Galaxy bridge from the Galaxy C-Store pack. I have a nice TNG theme going on. No refund on Earth would reduce the suckage I'd feel for having an Origin bridge on that ship.

The development of this game (unfortunately IMHO) is - money talks. In order to make interiors, they need to monetize them - at least according to what they say. The only way I can see this happening is if they turn our ship interiors into the equivalent of player housing in other games. That way they can monetize by making it a nice dilithium/zen sink, plus they even may add some other value and stuff to do in the interiors because it would pay off. But that means more options, not less.

exactly
    I have a TOS crew in a TOS bridge and ship...I would hate to lose that
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm sorry but that's one of the most horrible ideas I've heard in a while. Taking away what little we have from us is never good. And the Origin bridge while loking modern just doesn't have the same feel or curves like some of the older bridges we have.

^^ This.

Honestly, the unique bridge played a big part in the episode featuring the Dauntless. I'm really saddened they did nothing with it. With Voyager and the new Intrepid bridge, from the looks of it, it seemed T6 would give the bridge some love. Sadly, no.

Today Smirk also said Intrepid bridge won't be purchaseable, either, btw.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If they put in various "Hot Spots" on the bridges they could do a ground STF using them....

How would this work?

Well, you queue up for the ground STF... Then it picks one of the player's bridge for the map, then everyone goes on it and the STF begin where you have to defeat the invaders while one or two of the team have to go to engineering and fix/remodulate something...

If none of the players in queue have a "qualifying bridge" there is a default origin bridge... (if you had a one room bridge like breen ship or dominion ship it would pick a default one)

When you play this STF you get to see the BOFFs of whomever's bridge is picked...

The Hot spots would be for spawning enemies and/or action points like the "Colony Data Download" action areas...

So this could be somethign that would maybe prompt more dev work on bridges...
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    svindal777 wrote: »
    I doubt a visual bug is keeping the majority of players from buying bridge packs. It's is probably more of a 'I don't care about ship interiors" thing.

The only reason too buy a bridge in the first place is for the visual experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    ^^ This.

Honestly, the unique bridge played a big part in the episode featuring the Dauntless. I'm really saddened they did nothing with it. With Voyager and the new Intrepid bridge, from the looks of it, it seemed T6 would give the bridge some love. Sadly, no.

Yeah, to be honest I didn't expect them to be giving it out for free. But since it was shown pretty well in VOY, I hoped that they'd make one and put it in the C-Store so the folks purchasing the Dauntless would have an option to pair it up with it's canon bridge.

BTW, Smirk said that the Intrepid bridge/interior set won't be availible to players at launch, I think Taco already said that on the forum today even before the livestream. But from what I understand it will be going to the C-Store eventually, so it'll become availible.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, to be honest I didn't expect them to be giving it out for free. But since it was shown pretty well in VOY, I hoped that they'd make one and put it in the C-Store so the folks purchasing the Dauntless would have an option to pair it up with it's canon bridge.

BTW, Smirk said that the Intrepid bridge/interior set won't be availible to players at launch, I think Taco already said that on the forum today even before the livestream. But from what I understand it will be going to the C-Store eventually, so it'll become availible.

Well, that's at least *something*. :) Intrepid bridge would look great on the Dauntless too.

And I would totally buy a C-Store Dauntless bridge.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I do not need/ to read the previous responses. "Craptic" (aka Cryptic) has already responded. They will not make new bridges. The Intrepid-class MSD was the last thing they would do.

I know my opinion does not matter. Craptic will continue to produce what it wants. It is my belief that they are only fans in the case that "Voyager" is the only Star Trek. Yea, I saw your little poll, it only makes you a tool to what is popular.

There were so many details that you could have gone into, but that would require "True" fandom. In your case, you only care about revenue. What will make you the most money. I get that. I, however, have offered my services for free. I know what the Star Trek fan wants. I am one. You have only offered a source of revenue to fund what YOU want.

Some of us would enjoy the ability to acquire, and make assets to our ship. Not, "Here, what do you think would happen in the aftermath of the USS Voyager exploring the Delta-Quadrant."

Plainly, Cryptic, you suck.

Give us an ability to take command of our own ships. The way WE see fit. Why else would you put so much effort into the "Foundry". Is it because you knew your ideas were SO shallow. That you, indeed, needed fans to dictate what would come next.

Giving us a new bridge, and dare I say, the ability to create our own bridge, give us freedom.

From my previous posts, and answers to them, I assume that is indeed too much, and not worthy of your time.

I have logged once in over a month. I also have a lifetime subscription, I guess we'll have to see, and wait it out.
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would happily accept a single standardized interior layout for each general hull shape, Galaxy, Mogai, Vor'cha and so on.

A single layout would make it easier for the devs to create ground map interiors with appropriate content and they would only have to create new ones when a new, suitably different hull shape is added.

I don't know how complicated it would be, but additional skin styles could be added for some minor customization of color and texture.

Ideally though, I would like to see a ship interior system as robust and flexible as the old supergroup base system from City of Heroes was. Playing with that thing was a game all of its own.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They could have designed the bridge for this ship, but they opt-out. I hope my Intrepid Class will get a option for free new bridge. Otherwise it would just look the same as I have it now which is modern look. I am not a fan to the basic look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Huh? Are you sure? The said it would be two months ago.
  • Options
    doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Too bad Craptic won't respond. I want the ability to build my own bridge, with all the amenities.
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I will say only this:

No unique bridge, then Cryptic better not put a "unique" price tag on it.

If the Guardian and Dauntless aren't going to be unique, then they better not be any more expensive than the Regent, or the Excelsior or the Thunderchild, etc etc etc.

Because if they kick up the price just because it's "Tier 6" and don't toss in the unique stuff, then they don't need more money for a ship that isn't any more unique or special than the rest of the ships on the market.

Take heed Cryptic.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And I would totally buy a C-Store Dauntless bridge.

Yeah, I probably would as well, if there were one. I'm on the fence about this ship and that could've been the thing that persuades me to get it. As it is, I'm still not so sure about it.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I probably would as well, if there were one. I'm on the fence about this ship and that could've been the thing that persuades me to get it. As it is, I'm still not so sure about it.

Same here. With unique bridge, I would have definitely bought it. As it is, however, I may or may not. And will probably get a Vaadwaur lockbox ship first.
    3lsZz0w.jpg