test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's all still Propaganda people!!

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
I'd like to take a moment here because it seems many people myself included are getting way too wrapped up maybe in the propaganda machine of the Delta Rising Expansion.
Right now many people are on the fence and PW wants to get some off it. This could just be a scare tactic. So stay on the fence till we know more everyone!!
Some points to remember yet:
1-we do not know the actual advantage the intel scans do in combat.
2-we do not know the actual stats of the ships.
3-we do not know the T5U stats for upgraded ships.
4-we do not know if the intel effects can be countered by one we have now.
5-we do not know the what the delta quadrant looks like.
6-we do not know what the battlezones, or PvE will be like.
7-we do not know what new gear is comming out.
8-we do not know what will happen to rep system, lobi system, fleet sytem, etc.

I know many of you are scared or fearful because of what Blizzard did once when it upgraded the game and really screwed over everyone, or like Lucas Arts who just killed people off like in star wars galaxies. Yes it does happen, yet we should hope that PW learned from those idiots mistakes and keep making a great game.

Personally I don't think the scale will be as great as people are making it out. If that were true then PW would have less room to expand further in the future. Star Trek is a great franchise and it has room to grow. Personally I like 10 lvls going up than 3-5 which it could have been.

Besides if I'm wrong then I will personally shove my first officer out the airlock for my mistake.
Post edited by tigercatgirl on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Um... what?
    And... font kinda hard to read...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Um... what?
    And... font kinda hard to read...

My reaction was very much the same. True we know hardly any details about the new expansion. But that's not propaganda that's a marketing strategy. And why should I be afraid that Cryptic is "killing people off"? And why exactly do you think a level cap increase of 3-5 would be better than an increase of 10?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    oh look! a doom thread. the fct doesnt allow these btw.

and a lot of these some of us do know, there is this thing called a test server, its name is tribble and this is where you get an idea of what is to come, sorting out issues for DR. the blog posts have mentioned a lot of things can see for sure.

not sure if your using your eyes before posting :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Propaganda seems a strong word, here's a better one. Media hype.

And I would agree. Never, ever believe the hype. You wait until the final product is out and the masses have had time to go through it with a fine tooth comb. Then you consider opening your wallet.

I've spoken about this before, gamers are the most irresponsible consumers out there. They'd willingly chuck there money away at any old TRIBBLE if it looks shiny enough and is backed by enough hype.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What is this? A thread for ANTS?!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    ciranferaciranfera Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2014

2-we do know the actual stats of the ships.
    3-we do know the T5U stats for upgraded ships.

There I fixed part of the statement.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's all still Propaganda people!!
    So what? Are you implying that there was any question, or that this Propaganda is somehow bad?
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2014

We do know everything except the numbers.

We do have the stats for T6 Intel ships in a devblog and a lot of T5Us are already playable on Tribble.

Already playable on Tribble.

The new Rep system is already on Tribble.
    Besides if I'm wrong then I will personally shove my first officer out the airlock for my mistake.

Not if he challenges you for your command first.;)
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's more underhanded marketing than propaganda. Nothing new from Cryptic.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    TUDR;

(Too Ugly, Didn read)
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What is this? A thread for ANTS?!

The font needs to be at least...three times bigger! :D
    anazonda wrote: »
    TUDR;

*insert joke about Henry VIII*
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    *insert joke about Henry VIII*

Second verse! Same as the first!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Security, she's gotten out of her room again!

Made me lol Crash. You did it again! :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Calm down, have some dip. - George Carlin
    I'd like to take a moment here because it seems many people myself included are getting way too wrapped up maybe in the propaganda machine of the Delta Rising Expansion.
    Right now many people are on the fence and PW wants to get some off it. This could just be a scare tactic. So stay on the fence till we know more everyone!!

I know many of you are scared or fearful because of what Blizzard did once when it upgraded the game and really screwed over everyone, or like Lucas Arts who just killed people off like in star wars galaxies. Yes it does happen, yet we should hope that PW learned from those idiots mistakes and keep making a great game.

Personally I don't think the scale will be as great as people are making it out. If that were true then PW would have less room to expand further in the future. Star Trek is a great franchise and it has room to grow. Personally I like 10 lvls going up than 3-5 which it could have been.

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Doom the game is doomed were all doomed

DOOM!!!
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    actually I think the intention of the OP was not calling for doom... but maybe I misread....it is a terrible font
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    actually I think the intention of the OP was not calling for doom... but maybe I misread....it is a terrible font
    the problem is the op has apparently never gone on tribble, and as someone else pointed out above, most of his 'do not knows' are things we do know. he just doesn't know them.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Second verse! Same as the first!

A little bit louder and a little bit worse!
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2014
    I am on the fence, it's called Tribble fence
    Yes we do, read the blog
    Yes we do go test tribble
    I give you only this one - Because T6 ship will be revealed once Delta Rising goes live

*This is STO not Lucas Arts or Blizzard, and as far as I am concerned SWTOR is a good game... STO being space-based and SWTOR being ground-based... And it's soo wrong to even think about trying to compare Game A to Game B (This goes to all games not just STO) Each game is unique and has it's place...

*If by scale you mean the ship scaling, then yes it's great level 51-52 gives about 8-10K HP (Tribble) go check it

Captain goes down with the ship!

Answers in purple...

Apart from all that... this is just another "Doom" thread...