test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Load out... please DELETE IT

antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
This is the worst implementation of a system I have ever seen anywhere ever.

Ok Rant over.

Seriously please disable this "Feature" until you can have it working properly.

I can't believe you guys think anyone would pay you for more loadouts... when no matter what you do swapping maps messes everything up.

It has made this game basicly unplayable for toons effected by this bug. Que for a PvP or PvE map load in and have to futz with your bar... this is bush league guys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Post edited by antoniosalieri on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have never set up a loadout, so I'm good...

But for those who are, there needs to be an option to turn this thing off.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Ok Rant over.

I can't believe you guys think anyone would pay you for more loadouts... when no matter what you do swapping maps messes everything up.

It has made this game basicly unplayable for toons effected by this bug. Que for a PvP or PvE map load in and have to futz with your bar... this is bush league guys.

I have to agree with this.

You implement something that should be an outstandingly useful feature, a real boon to all types of player, but release it without any proper load testing. Just minimal testing would have revealed some of the feature breaking bugs in it.

For example like selecting a loadout and watching it REMOVE ALL OF YOUR BRIDGE OFFICERS ONE BY ONE!!! :mad:

Here's those 2 letters again that don't appear to be in the Cryptic alphabet....Q & A..... :(
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, it would be nice to have for a quick loading when the UI got messed up. But this new loadout system is making the UI bug even worse than it did prior.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We really do need the ability to delete a loadout, not just save a new one over that slot.

And frankly, an option to disable the system entirely. Even if you don't save a loadout it still tries to remember your equipped items when you change ships.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    when no matter what you do swapping maps messes everything up.

This isn't true. If you create a loadout in a social space zone (earth, vulcan, nr, etc), take off a piece, then load your loadout, everything will be fine. And you can even change stuff later without buggering with the loadout.

Is it broken? Oh yes. Is there nothing that can be done? Yes, and it's a pretty simple fix, though we shouldn't have to do something so specific in the first place.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's a good system, just needs a delete option on loadouts.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited May 2014

Ok Rant over.

True , one other weir thign is when you have different loadout, like one plasma set and one antiproton and you switch them it puts all the ship equip in your inventory...instead to you bank from wher ei originally equipped it...
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is it broken? Oh yes. Is there nothing that can be done? Yes, and it's a pretty simple fix, though we shouldn't have to do something so specific in the first place.

This.

The idea for the feature is sound, the implementation (and I have to add "as usual" now) is shoddily done. We SHOULDN'T have to find ways round bugs in features added for our benefit :mad:
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This isn't true. If you create a loadout in a social space zone (earth, vulcan, nr, etc), take off a piece, then load your loadout, everything will be fine. And you can even change stuff later without buggering with the loadout.

in bold...was trying this last night as i was having issues...it made the problem WORSE....thankfully i knew how my trays were set up, but its really inconvenient to have to redo the trays. though i havent had the issue at all today (damn i just jinxed it didnt I?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    True , one other weir thign is when you have different loadout, like one plasma set and one antiproton and you switch them it puts all the ship equip in your inventory...instead to you bank from wher ei originally equipped it...

No doubt another annoyance. Of course they gave us all more inv space so we could lug our banks around with us. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014

That doesn't really help you when you load into a PvP map though and find all your trays messed... and weapons moved to your inv ect.

I know what you are saying and yes messing around while you are standing in the right place... doing a half circle then a somersault, followed by an inverse loop and placing your first rear weapon into inv slot 42 clears it right up I hear.

Seriously though I hear if you stand in back of the cave on risa and pet your cross fire tribble, followed by a ric, followed by a winter tribble, followed by Lohlunat. Then breed a cryo tribble... and feed any white ric tribble fergeni snail juice. Then it clears right up. OH wait I almost forgot the most important part, you have to also take place in a RP wedding on either DS9 or Drozanna station. (anywhere else won't work) it also doesn't matter if you play bride, groom, or organist, you just have to take part.

:) kidden. Yes it is an annoying system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    TRIBBLE, that wedding on Risa didn't count?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited May 2014
    No doubt another annoyance. Of course they gave us all more inv space so we could lug our banks around with us. :)

if i have 2 or 3 complete sets for my ship ( undine, borg and romulan ) equipied them via bank.. and switch teh loadout 2 times i am screwed.. lol
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    if i have 2 or 3 complete sets for my ship ( undine, borg and romulan ) equipied them via bank.. and switch teh loadout 2 times i am screwed.. lol

I know what you mean. Would have been nice if they could have done it right. Typical Cryptic thing to do though. Can't do it right so just give the players something... then we can say we are being nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can we also have a toggle off for quick switching as well. That system is fubar, along with loadouts....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    keeps unloading the same stack of batteries when I warp out of ker'rat. Beamed down to Drozana, did mission, warped away and ship couldn't move... entire equipment removed off the ship.
    Trying to equip stuff on Mobius when switched ships, nothing "this item is equipped on another ship" and have to do it manually. Beamed up from ESD, LtComm engi slot on Patrol has been removed.
    List goes. I wanted to get more loadouts but looking at how it turned out I refuse to do so.
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The loadouts do actually work, it's just a bit of a PITFA to get them to work properly, you have a few hoops to jump through to get them to stay locked in place, and even then it can be a bit trial and error.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Attempting to load a loadout is like a "randomize power tray" button for me. Like it seriously does the exact opposite of what it's intended to do.

OTOH just saving a loadout seems to prevent things from being removed on map changes, for me, anyway. So I save loadouts, which I can never load.

At least they're trying?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They don't need to give the option to disable the feature or delete loadouts. THey just need to fix the bugs.

They shouldn't have released it bugged. They did. But asking for them to implementing some work-arounds is just wasting dev time - spend that time getting it right.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They don't need to give the option to disable the feature or delete loadouts. THey just need to fix the bugs.

They shouldn't have released it bugged. They did. But asking for them to implementing some work-arounds is just wasting dev time - spend that time getting it right.

No, they need to give the option to disable it. I have no interest in using it at all. It does nothing for me. I'm not one of those folks that had issues with switching equipment if I wanted to switch equipment. I did it. Done. Wheeee!

If I want to click on something to move it...this stupid Equip window pops up. If I want to doubleclick on something to movie it to inventory...this stupid Equip window pops up.

I want the option for that window never to pop up that doesn't involve uninstalling the game...
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Ok Rant over.

I totally agree.

The problem is, you cant just disable it, since its something that, again cryptic did with a crappy programming and its bounded to the ways the game treats the skill try and other things. So, before they can disable it, they need to re-done all the code of that part of the game.

Well, at least this is the only reason i see about why they didnt remove the loadout system yet. I cant find any other reasonable explanation.

But i dont care anymore for this. Since i dont see cryptic willing to care to keep this game alive. Its not only the loadout system, unfortunately.

As a million things in STO, the loadout system will be awesome if it could work in proper conditions. But what do you do with a system that is broken since the day 0?? and cryptic never bothered to fix?? lol.

There are even people out there who wasted money buying loadout slots LMAO!!. But of course, they are mostly new people that could never imagined that a feature like this will be broken lol.

But, again, my advise, get used to it, create another toon without touching the loadout system, and forget about it. Eventually you will get some issues with your skill try, but less problematic that if you use the loadout system for any reason.

BUT btw, the equip windows you get HAS NOTHING TO DO with the loadout system, that is just another feature that came within the loadout system, but it has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bejaymac wrote: »
    The loadouts do actually work, it's just a bit of a PITFA to get them to work properly, you have a few hoops to jump through to get them to stay locked in place, and even then it can be a bit trial and error.

So they work, but only sometimes and under the right conditions? Pfft... Translation: They. Don't. Work. :rolleyes:

If they could get your bloody powers tray not rearranging itself right, they wouldn't have needed to add this mangled, dysfunctional Band-Aid over the original problem to begin with. But sure, they just need to fix the broken Band-Aid they slapped over something else they proved time and again that they couldn't fix if their lives depended on it. Riiiiiiiiiiight.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So they work, but only sometimes and under the right conditions? Pfft... Translation: They. Don't. Work. :rolleyes:

No, I believe the proper STO description is - working as intended. :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it's a crappy system, boffs disappear from their seats, skills removed, batteries removed and put in the inventory etc etc. this afternoon, i was in the ESD, i discharge a boff (not even used on my ship), i go back to my ship and all the skills and the boffs were removed. so i try to load my loadout and wow i have had a nice mix of a lot of things, but not my saved loadout

these developpers should be fired, they don't do nothing for the bugs, but soon we will have this stupid summer event, and why this romulan week-end, damn' fix the bugs :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    these developpers should be fired, they don't do nothing for the bugs, but soon we will have this stupid summer event, and why this romulan week-end, damn' fix the bugs :mad:

If I had to guess... the 2 deelopers working on STO are doing the summer thing right now. While that is on they will both be on holidays.

I think we are going to have to live with having to arrange our bars every 5 min for the next few months.

I don't think there is a quick fix... when my bars get rearranged it isn't into some old saved loadout... and I have had it happen on toons I have never saved a loadout on. So its not like we can point to something and say add a delete button and where good. I think somewhere in there mess of code there are some real issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So its not like we can point to something and say add a delete button and where good. I think somewhere in there mess of code there are some real issues.

Big surprise, when the ability trays have been rearranging themselves on and off since long before the obviously-faulty "loadout" code was built on top of the already-faulty ability tray code. But don't worry, I'm sure they'll slap a Band-Aid on top of the previous Band-Aid that also didn't work, with predictable results.

Hint: If the foundation you start on is faulty, what you build atop it is unlikely to fare any better.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Some people's ability trays have been scrambling themselves for ages, so it's quite possible that they are not as intercontected as it seems.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Only one of my ships isn't affected by this bug. Any time I try flying my other ships, my BOFF abilities and my power trays reset. Doffs reset. To load outs I had saved on OTHER ships.

2 of my fleet members have stopped playing because of his bug.

If it's not fixed stat, as in, this next week. I'm gone. It's unplayable to have to redo 4 abilitity trays every dang time I zone.

This game is riddled with bugs and it took me beta testing a newer game to realize this game will always be this way.

It's a shame CBS is locked in with cryptic and pwe being the only ones providing an online Star Trek. Really does the IP a disservice when a 3+ year old game has more bugs than betas.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have to agree. There needs to be a way to disable loadouts and the annoying pop up window when you click on any active weapon. I just want to post it in chat, nto see a complete list of TRIBBLE in my inventory that it can be swapped out with. :mad:
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If I had to guess... the 2 deelopers working on STO are doing the summer thing right now. While that is on they will both be on holidays.

You are really lost if you think there are only "2" developers in their files... lol.

The problem is, they prioritize everything else but fixing the bugs. So we will never go anywhere. And because it looks like the devs are not skillez enough, they will launch the summer event again with plenty of bugs without fixing before other ones more important. So adding those summer event bugs to the list. And then the expansion, with more bugs added to the list. And this is the story so far.. :P