test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game will not load to ESD/MAPS/GAME in general

After looking through all the tech forums I have yet to see anyone else with this particular issue.

I have a support ticket in but have not gotten a responce yet. I can log in. Select character then it goes to a loading screen saying loading Earth Space Dock. The progress counter gets to 97.56 then after 15 min gets to 98.0 then after 45 min gets to 99 then the server disconnects.

I have uninstalled the game then re-installed from my CD (yes I have been playing that long) then did 3 1/2 hours of patching. Still same issue. I have a very nice system that I custom built. 16GB (2400 DDR3 SDRam) 3.4 i5 ivy bridge intel processor, Dual GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 graphics cards. Samsung 500 GB SSD drive. Internet speed test put my connection at aprox 10 mbps download with upload around 1.5 mbps. There are no unusual proccesses or tasks running. Everything on the system works fine. Other games are running fine. BSGO and Diablo 3. Only STO not loading map.

I have never had a single issue ever with this game until now. The only change to PC was to uninstall Mcafee security suite. After the 1st contact day patch I was able to play, do the mission collect the reward, play one Mirror event. I noticed the game was starting to lag a bit so I logged out. Then remembered I wanted to use a different internet security software. Uninstalled Mcafee rebooted. And before I installed to new security software I tried to log back on and ran into this problem. As I wait weeks for support to respond and tell me to do thisngs I have already done to troubleshoot this I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a fix?
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well looks like a windows update from 4/3/14 for nvidia cards caused this issue. I rolled back the update and the game loaded.