test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More Tuvok Please

snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
So of all the special guests who've provided voice overs, I think I like Tuvok the best. He barely edges out Nimoy for me (though it's close).

So two things:

1- Thanks for getting him into the game. Thank you very much.

2- More Tuvok please? I know I'd love more work from him.

I'm not trying to say I didn't like everyone else's work. Just that I liked Russ' the best.

Again, thanks. Tuvok rocks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by snoggymack22 on

Comments

• Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So of all the special guests who've provided voice overs, I think I like Tuvok the best. He barely edges out Nimoy for me (though it's close).

So two things:

I'm not trying to say I didn't like everyone else's work. Just that I liked Russ' the best.

Al Rivera already confirmed he's back for Season 9 and possibly Expansion 2 this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Umm...I think it is a given that we will have more Tuvok.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    ravin wrote: »
    Umm...I think it is a given that we will have more Tuvok.

;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    hylia#6092 hylia Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2014

So two things:

What he said but with more Tuvok!!!:D
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not a huge fan of the character, but Russ' performance was tops. I'd love to see more of him. Might just make me a Tuvok fan yet.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Al Rivera already confirmed he's back for Season 9 and possibly Expansion 2 this year.

AWESOME!

10chars.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, I was never a huge fan of Tuvok during Voyager (loved the show, though), but he works well in this mission, and he's a good partner to have in the game. I'd like to see more of him.
  • Options
    gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you know any of the old actors they get to do the voice overs you will love heh.
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its really too bad cryptic cant tie into Russ's other project called Star Trek Renegades, and feed off each other.. Having Russ in STO lent it more reality and connectedness than ive seen in a very long time..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014

So two things:

My thoughts exactly.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    cptdungeoncptdungeon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tim Russ did a great job, it was just like watching (listening) to him on Voyager, loved it, it's been a long time since Voyager ended and he rebooted Tuvok without a hitch.

He was great!
    The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state.... nothing is so dangerous to a society.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

So far in the one VO I've heard (because the server went out while I was progressing through the early stages of the FE), he felt the most natural in his role as Tuvok than others did in their roles. Perhaps it's due to that cold Vulcan exterior and the slow cold voice to match.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It probably helps that he's been working on Renegades, where he plays Tuvok, so it's likely a lot easier for him to quickly get into character, versus someone like Michael Dorn or Denise Crosby who haven't played their respective characters in many, many years.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2014

So two things:

Tuvok definitely has been the best VO by far. It feels like your watching an interactive Voyager episode. I felt like Tim Russ was very authentic.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    taloslepaltaloslepal Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    russ' did such a great job at mimicking spock's vulcan approach. it was obvious he studied nimoy's mannerisms and voice inflections because he portrayed the part spot on. it was great to hear him as the tuvok character again and i look forward to seeing him in star trek renegades this year
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I will love to hear captain Janeway lol (i guess it will be admiral Janeway) . That will be epic. Its one of the characters i liked the most. But i agree, Tim Russ performed really great, actually so far i liked Worf as well, but i really will love to see Janeway.
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    entnx01 wrote: »
    So far in the one VO I've heard (because the server went out while I was progressing through the early stages of the FE), he felt the most natural in his role as Tuvok than others did in their roles. Perhaps it's due to that cold Vulcan exterior and the slow cold voice to match.

I agree. Michael Dorn seemed slightly off in his portrayal of Worf in SoI. Denise Crosby was a bit closer to the mark as Yar in TA. She only had two appearances as Sela in TNG, so it's hard to judge her STO performance based on her TV performance. But Tim Russ pretty much nailed Tuvok.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I will love to hear captain Janeway lol (i guess it will be admiral Janeway) . That will be epic. Its one of the characters i liked the most. But i agree, Tim Russ performed really great, actually so far i liked Worf as well, but i really will love to see Janeway.

You and me both. Other than getting Shatner, Mulgrew is the one actor I'm just dying to see brought in.
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Me too. Kate Mulgrew now tops my STO VO wish list. LeVar Burton is a close second. Robert Picardo and Nana Visitor would also be good choices, as their characters figure in the Path to 2409.
  • Options
    doming0doming0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not even a huge Voyager fan and I thought Tuvok did great. It was real immersive (the first run through) and the level was well designed if not a little too easy.

Now, please bring in LeVar Burton.
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    Tuvok definitely has been the best VO by far. It feels like your watching an interactive Voyager episode. I felt like Tim Russ was very authentic.

If its one thing Tim Russ knows how to do, it's how to play Tuvok.

Even when he isn't playing Tuvok, he's still playing Tuvok.

j/k. He is the best actor of a Vulcan character since Leonard Nimoy though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Personally, I'm hoping for Garrett Wang/Harry Kim. He does a lot for the Trek convention scene, especially at Dragoncon and seems to still be genuinely passionate about it. STO would probably be a great environment for him to finally expand his character to some extent and it would be neat to see Tuvok and Kim working together again in the Delta Quadrant.

I fully agree about Tim Russ/Tuvok though. He has a fair bit of voiceover experience(ST:V Elite Force, for example) and what little I was able to experience of the Featured Episode so far was both enjoyable and immersive. I'm happy to hear there are plans to involve him more in the future.
  • Options
    whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hats off to Tim Russ for another great performance as Tuvok. Thanks, too, to everybody involved in making this happen. I think this definitely sets a new bar for FEs and for voice talent. Great work, everybody.
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited January 2014

So two things:

This, so much.

Russ really put his heart and soul into this voiceover and it really made me thrilled to hear such quality voice acting in Star Trek Online.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Wow.

That's great news.

Again, I really appreciate all of the voice over work that's gone into this game.

I just was really digging the work that came out with Tuvok. And am excited to hear more.

Above folks mentioned getting Mulgrew involved. I'd love that too. Complete tangent, but she's my favorite character on Orange is the New Black.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014

So two things:

think for ones me and you can agree on something this for sure means dooom :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I always loved tuvoc. Loved him the character in elite force. He just... I don't know gives startrek a great atmosphere as a character. I really hope they bring him on for more, which it looks like.. but id love to him even more then what has been said. He's just so perfect in the startrek universe.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "calm yourself, doctor"

now that took me back
  • Options
    matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No offense to Worf (perhaps it wasn't his fault but the content,) but Tuvok was totally rock in the new FE. His VO was well represented. We could actually feel that he was there.

I hope Seven is next since I think she is borg and still alive, and the Voth enemy must be the borg since there isn't any delta quadrant race that can be a threat to the voth and use green (plasma) energy weapon.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not a huge fan of the character, but Russ' performance was tops.
    Yeah this for me too, he read the lines exactly like the annoying Tuvok of old.