Options

Suggestion: Earned Dilithium Bonus for LTS & Subscribers

13»

Comments

• Options
    english3english3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Please try and refrain from +1'ing threads guys.

If you can't post a full comment it may not be necessary to post.

In my thoughts though I approve of the concept, but I feel that 25% is a bit too much, maybe 5 or 10% would be more realistic to ask for?

+1 = I agree. It shows the support of the players for a Idea being posted. If everyone agreed with a idea and they did not say anything the post would be buried and no one from PWE would look at it.

There is no Poll option (to my knowledge) which would get the same thing without requiring a post. So guess you just need to live with players expressing there agreement with a +1.

The more they have to type just to say the same thing, the less they are in the game spending money. So don't loose your Mod rights by delaying players with your unnecessary over handed modding.
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agreed to but i grind more dil than i can refine this would just make the unrefine dil increas
    even more what we need is to be able to refine more dil every day, i always have around 50 to 100 000 unrefine dil and i cant get more than 8k a day if i dint stop doing my dayly it would probebly get way up but i take any extra dil i can get anyway hope criptic will consider it!
  • Options
    rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every MMO I have played beyond a trail I have been on monthly subscription...
    Why? Because it shows my faith to the devs of the game.
    If I like the game and consider it worthy I pay for it every month, when for whatever reason the game falls out of grace then I stop playing and as such stop paying for it.

The 500 zen I get each month is nice, but no were near the amounts I need to be actually useful with all the lockboxes that need to be openend. Got a total of 400+ waiting to be opened if I stopped collecting them from this point on. It doesn't matter if you are a lts, a sub or f2p... All who play want the lockbox ships and are gonna have to pay dearly for it.

My personal opinion would be raising the dilithium Refinement cap to 10k per day for both LTS and Subscribers and perhaps raising that even furthur to 11k or 12k depending on how long in advance you pay... 1, 3 or 6 months with 12k being for 6 month Subs and LTS.

I however do agree with some posters here that LTS should zip it a little on the forum in general... Just because you payed 20 months in advance doesn't mean you are gods. Only wealthy with little to spend cash on. Had I had the cash I might have paid for it and that goes for I think just about everyone that is f2p or sub, but happily I have more important things to spend it on... Like buying zen for keys... :P
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lifers by zen for keys too. When I dropped the 350 (game cost and LTS) it was with tremendous faith in the game, but that is not the last I spent on STO.

I think that this is not really acknowledged. The very fact that we don't have a sub price every month frees up considerable budget money on Zen purchases outright.

I would imagine that there is a substantial income reaped by PWE from lifers constant purchases.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would imagine that there is a substantial income reaped by PWE from lifers constant purchases.

I would say your right, I Bought LTS and until now, This very minute have been dropping 40GBP a month or 80GBP if i won at poker, but this month my gas bill went up, so no more monies for you PWE.

Apparently the forums don't know what a pound sign is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We've yet to see any significant progress made on adding value to players willing to give money for the LTS/Subscriber benefits.

I have one suggestion, and that would be to grant an earned dilithium bonus of 25% for content completed while actively subscribed to the game or with a LTS account.

This would not allow a Sub/LTS to earn more refined dilithium per day on any one character, the refined Dilithium cap would still be 8k.

The difference is that as a subscriber you would be getting a perk of time convenience for your subscription dollars.

Example:

Player A is a current subscriber.

They complete Mission 1, which normally grants 1000 dilithium.

As a subscriber, they earn a bonus of 25% extra dilithium - so this mission grants them 1,250 dilithium.

This means the subscriber would need to do less content to earn their daily cap of 8,000 dilithium, freeing them to enjoy other content faster - thus it is a time convenience for paid support to the game.

Player A decides to cancel their subscription for a time, during this unsubscribed period they lose the +25% earned dilithium bonus on mission content an would receive 1,000 dilithium from completing Mission 1 above.

Subscribers Already get 9,000 Refined a day what else you want
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starmanj wrote: »
    Subscribers Already get 9,000 Refined a day what else you want

Nope, they don't. The Veteran Doff assignment takes 2 days to complete. ;)
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this is a great idea. I haven't been a subscriber since before F2P launched. I didn't renew my subscriber because I don't see a reason for it.

There really is no difference between gold and silver besides the vet rewards and the stipend.
    Its not worth 10 bucks a month just for the stipend. The few differences can be obtained for a few some Zen.

If this was made a perk of being a subscriber, I would have no problem paying the 15 USD a month again.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay before I say anything about this I've got two things I have to make clear first.

1) I'm a F2P player, and yes I'm going to be making a comment in favor of more gold/lifer perks so frak all you gold/lifer elitists that think all us F2p players don't give a frak about yall.

2) I maybe F2P, but I've spent well over the lifer price and will probably buy more in the future so for all you gold/lifers that think all us F2P players don't contribute to the game because we don't have the title for lifers.

Okay now with all the bs out of the way here goes.

Gold players should get a 15 percent bonus on Dilithium, and also an additional 1,000 added to the Dil refinement cap. making it 9,000 per day.

Lifers should get 20 percent bonus on Dilithium, 5 percent discount on Zen, and an additional 2,000 added to the Dil refinement cap. making it 10,000 per day.

Also being someone that is on a fixed income, I think gold members that have subbed consistently for the amount of time that a lifer membership covers (what is it 24 months of something like that) should then be given the opportunity to have their account become a lifer subscription. not everyone can afford $200 dollars at once, but this way it would give those people a chance to work towards it.

I also think lifers should get more ship logo options and priority consideration for GM status. This game is severely lacking in Gms and while there are a few bad apple elitists amongst the lifer population, most of you are very knowledgeable and helpful both in the forums on in-game and we need people like that to help better the community and give advice/help to newer players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]