What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Earned Dilithium Bonus for LTS & Subscribers

Comments

• Options
    radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm neither lifetime nor a paid subscriber, but hell yeah. Someone deserves some love, it may as well be the people funneling subscriptions into the game.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Good idea. :)

15% seems a reasonable amount. We need more incentives for people to sub or go LTS.

At present the there's little reward for subbing or going LTS, especially with the 'sub for a month' loophole Cryptic seems unwilling to address.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Something like that might very well convince me to actually pay for a sub. I bought STO sometime after it came out and paid for a month I think. That was before it went F2P. Now I'm back again and I find no reason at all to sign up for a monthly sub, simply because there just isn't that much that a sub actually offers to me.

I'll buy zen from time to time if there's something I really want. Like the $25 I spent to get the Odyssey, but even for things like costumes, right now I'd rather grind Di and buy zen with it.

So something like this would maybe actually push me over the edge into the real of a gold account.
  • Options
    paneth48paneth48 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm not sure that an extra 25% of unrefined would get anyone I know to pay money to play this game. Its easy to reach the 8K refining cap so the rests just sits there..waiting to be refined. Now if you increase the pay cap for refining to 10k a day, and 10% unrefined you might have something.
  • Options
    stompingbullstompingbull Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Personally, I would like to see something similar to what EQ2, SWTOR, and other games have. If you are a paid subscriber, or lifetime, you get a certain amount of currency per month. So some Zen or Dilithium payable to us each month would be neat. The bonus currency, even if it was 1 % would end up being ALOT of currency over the span of a month for those who cap their daily limits.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Personally, I would like to see something similar to what EQ2, SWTOR, and other games have. If you are a paid subscriber, or lifetime, you get a certain amount of currency per month. So some Zen or Dilithium payable to us each month would be neat. The bonus currency, even if it was 1 % would end up being ALOT of currency over the span of a month for those who cap their daily limits.

Gold and LTS members DO get 500 zen a month..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nah. Raising the refining cap to 10,000 is a better idea than handing over even more currency to the Golds.
    <3
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the sound of this. It doesn't necessarily have to be dilithium though, I'd just like to see the perks that LTS/Subscribers get an increase as the difference between what F2P get and LTS/Subscribers get is hardly noticeable.

An extra Char Slot / 500 ZEN Per month / Foundry Access / More bank slots & ec (if I remember correctly)

In comparison to some games I've seen, you usually get quite a bit more. For example Champions Online , you go down that list and you notice quite a few things that F2P don't get, where as there doesn't seem to be as much as a difference with STO.

Even if they just added some additional benefits to the Gold scheme, that would be nice.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    why stop at dil? Maybe a 10% discount on the C store? PW still get the xx amount of money spent. But we just have more zen to play with for an extra key or something...

Also I would heartily recommend along with the stipend, a lock box key...
  • Options
    archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Option A:
    Gold: +10% Dilithium bonus for completing select mission/event (can be limited to a few depending on time/day, but cycle through different events/missions).
    LTS: +15% Dilithium bonus for completing anything that offer Dilithium.

Option B:
    Gold: 5% discount on everything in the z-store all the time and 15% discount at random unannounced hours once per week.
    LTS: 15% discount on everything in the z-store all the time.

Option C:
    create a new tier subscription system.
    Silver Enhanced: 4 USD per month, gets nothing but 500 zen per month. No foundry access, no veteran rewards, no extra leveling bank/ship slot that comes with gold.
    Q Quantum membership: 10 USD per month, no zen, but gets more content for foundry (get it? Q is like a god and so are our wonderful foundry creators), a free foundry creation slots per month, a special foundry veteran rewards program, and able to receive tips from players who play their mission in form of Dilithium or zen for them to transfer to their regular gameplay toons, and Q's costume for regular toons.
    Gold: Same as gold now, but with 600 zen stipend. I believe it is 15 USD per month right now.
    Platinum: 20 USD per month get everything in Gold and Q Quantum membership, plus 1000 zen stipend instead of the regular 500 zen, lastly, the player can possibly get a free master key when picking up a lock box instead of the actual lock box.
    Diamond: 25 USD per month get everything mentioned previously but also 1500 zen stipend and exclusive veteran rewards on top of the existing rewards system. Plus extra fleet/reputation bonus where subscriber at this level contributing to fleet/reputation project will grant free contribution, for example contributing 1 provision will be equal to contributing 2 provision at no expense to the player or 2 dilithium = 3 dilithium.
    LTS: The same as now and cost the same.
    LTS elite: Everything mentioned above and cost slightly more.
    Grand Negus: A life time subscription that cost at the minimal of $1000. Player can spend more money if they want to. They will get everything above as well as special old Ferangi to play as, this special Ferangi cannot do combat or any STF but can set up commodity brokers and trade ships that appears in random instances (but not all the time). These brokers and ships will earn this player EC and/or Dilithium that they can transfer to other toons they have. Assignment of these brokers and ships will be the same as Doff, there might be random chances of failing or 'attack' by pirate. The price in these player controlled NPC can be customized with in reason, but for balance sake, decreasing price for one item, will have to increase the price in others. Also for balance sake, the player must have a inventory so they can't sit and grin, they have to do Doff mission to create what they want to sell, but at a low EC or Dilitium cost. All the other toons this player own will get a permanent discount on everything as well. Lastly, the monthly stipend will be proportional to the amount of money spent but maxing out at 2500 zen per month. (This is for the kind of people who are very generous on kickstarter and with enough people buying this, PWE/Cryptic can expand their team and theirfore the game much faster)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Its like getting what amounts to a free five bucks every month isn't good enough or something.

It's like people are looking for solutions to a "problem" they have that's their own fault to begin with.

It's like Cryptic offered them a way to throw their resources at vanity items and they lined up to do it and now they're angry over not having heaps of resources anymore.

It's like it's a day that ends in "Y" on the forums.
    <3
  • Options
    admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lets look at it this way. I have 6 Toons 1 for each class for Fed and Klink. All at 50. All my Fed and 1 Klink are finished with the Reputation tiers and have purchased every item form the store. I have every C-store ship and every Lockbox ship. One of my Feds is at 750k Dil and 280 mil EC
    Others are at 200k Dil 70-80 mil EC. With the Zen so cheap I am now sitting on 32k Zen. Why should I keep paying for a membership? I am not a Lifetimer. I am a close to a 700 day vet. What reason is Cryptic and PWE giving me to keep me giving them $14.99every month? What am I paying for? I have bought extra ship/officer/bank/inventory slots. I have everything I need now. My fleet starbase is tier 4 and if i want a tier 5 ship I can just buy access form another fleet so what are they giving me each month that warrents my monthly payment? Once someone reached the level I have there is really no need to still pay cryptic. If they want to have me keep sending them a payment each month then they need to offer me something that a free to play player is not getting. And not just a one time offer. Something that is worth 14.99 and month. Hell i'll keep paying it for that amount Keys each month. Just give me a reason and ill keep my subscription.
  • Options
    paneth48paneth48 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Its like getting what amounts to a free five bucks every month isn't good enough or something.

It's like people are looking for solutions to a "problem" they have that's their own fault to begin with.

It's like Cryptic offered them a way to throw their resources at vanity items and they lined up to do it and now they're angry over not having heaps of resources anymore.

It's like it's a day that ends in "Y" on the forums.

Naw, not like that. Last week my friend asked me if the game was worth the monthly, I told him it was for the first month or until you max level your character (full bank/inventory is worth that) then dropping the sub to juggle dil into Zen.

There really is no reason to keep an active sub going, the 500 zen is a rather paltry amount that you could just buy yourself and save a few bucks, and most people at this point are never going to see max tier vet rewards unless they spend for the LT.

So there really needs to be some sort of reason to modivate people to keep re subbing, because more money should equal more content (or we hope).
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    paneth48 wrote: »
    Naw, not like that. Last week my friend asked me if the game was worth the monthly, I told him it was for the first month or until you max level your character (full bank/inventory is worth that) then dropping the sub to juggle dil into Zen.

There really is no reason to keep an active sub going, the 500 zen is a rather paltry amount that you could just buy yourself and save a few bucks, and most people at this point are never going to see max tier vet rewards unless they spend for the LT.

So there really needs to be some sort of reason to modivate people to keep re subbing, because more money should equal more content (or we hope).

If subs made the game money they'd still be focusing on it instead of the gamble boxes. It's still around because they don't want to alienate the lifers. Also new content has been coming in at a steady pace. It's just not content for everyone.
    <3
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nah. Raising the refining cap to 10,000 is a better idea than handing over even more currency to the Golds.

I don't think you understand how this works.

1) Increasing the refining cap IS more currency per day.

2) Granting a bonus with the current cap just means you earn to your limit faster freeing you to do something else.

I'm not going to rehash the conversation for you, (you can find it on the forums in a long, detailed thread) - TL;DR version = you get more dumping straight $15 into zen a month & one month of gold then cancelling than you do from Sub benefits+stipend.

The goal of the thread is to add increased value to subs/LTS.

Regardless of what the F2P model does or doesn't do, having people who are willing to pay you on a reoccurring basis or in a single large lump sum is still a good thing.

It's like..

I'm sorry but you went off the rails at this point and no longer put forward anything that could be construed as constructive criticism or rational.

Since you seem to have nothing of any value to contribute, I'll just ignore you from this point forward.
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I certainly agree with the sentiment that Subs and LTS get some sort of extra dilithium as have already put money into the game.

For subs applying your idea of 25% bonus, i'd suggest this is applied on cap, i'd say make it as much as 12k for SUBS.

LTS to be uncapped thats right lads and lasses, you've paid over the X Hundred of your currency of choice.

There's control on the benefits of ecs whilst free to play, as ingame currency why not treat this the same way for Subs and LTS, we've paid already to enjoy the game to the fullest possible extent WITHOUT Restrictions on how we do so.

The rate of dil being earned would be the same, its merely the lvl LTS and SUBS can get without having to run dil mules amongst there other toons, and get back to fun, rather than grind.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Presenting this idea as a "time boost" is a good way of putting it, since the whole purpose of a LTS is to give its owner unlimited time to play the game. Now that the game is F2P, the whole concept and purpose behind an LTS is useless.

Edit: then again, they already get free Zen, which is it's own time boost / incentive.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Now i would like know if this does happen would the current subs get the same thing i have been a life sub for over a year now.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,809 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    +1...yes another one in support of OP...please make it happen...STO F2P model is very successful but what are we (LTS and subs) the red headed step children of STO. We get some small perks..a bone here and there...however, please respect your player base and dignify us accordingly. :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ill second this.. great idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good idea, but 25% is to much, I say 10%.
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I rather see an increase of 10% on all rewards across the board.

Dilith
    Marks
    data samples
    loot (Higher chance of better items when soloing )
    Energy credits (from selling loot to npc's)
    and so forth.

I'm currently subbed (gold member) it felt necessary when leveling but now it's simple not worth it and I'm considering to drop my sub after this month.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have spent at least as much as any life timer by paying my sub until this game went free 2 play.
    We will not include lock boxers here, but we really should because those guys also finance the game BIGTIME.

I am OK with giving current subbers more benefits.

But lifers, really, truly had enough and should basically start to stop demanding more things for them. Really. Its enough. You paid money for the game upfront, not create a cancer cure.
    Just because you took a leap and gave your money in one packet does not make it more valuable than other peoples money.
    You already have your perks. Stop asking for more.

Now, current subbers should get more perks because these guys are soldiering on for this game HARDCORE.

guilli88 wrote: »
    I rather see an increase of 10% on all rewards across the board.

Dilith
    Marks
    data samples
    loot (Higher chance of better items when soloing )
    Energy credits (from selling loot to npc's)
    and so forth.

I'm currently subbed (gold member) it felt necessary when leveling but now it's simple not worth it and I'm considering to drop my sub after this month.

So, out of say 960 dilithium earned by an stf you gain 96 extra. 100 for a rep project.
    Its single digits in earnings for marks of any kind.
    data samples... i didn't even know those came in quantities high enough to merit a percentage increase...
    Energy Credits: yes. have that 1k extra.... this will totally matter.
    and so forth: so forth what.

Subbers should be able to chose ONE thing that they wanna boost and get a decent 50% boost. (basically they get to pick one booster item per month from the zen store which will last one month.)
    It gives boosts to marks, or dill or EC earned. perhaps even REP. Fck i'd pay for that.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like this idea too. Though you can put me in with the 15% crowd. 25% does seem like a bit much.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Permanent 5% unrefined dil and 5% EC earned bonus. Makes it more inline with the pattern of Founder's Packs being sold these days.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support this idea. Time Convenience is nice.
  • Options
    corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10% would be better...
    On second thought, 10% for subscribers and 15 or maybe 20% for Life-ers :) Marketing tool?
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    I am OK with giving current subbers more.

Anything given to Subbers should be given to LTS for sake that they cant sub. Also we put our money down early and shouldered a risk that the game might not last long.

Many of us lifers also buy zen because we dont have to give as much because the stipend and other benefits subsidize our purchases. The game is paid for for life for me, so any dollar i give now goes to keys or zen or some new ship that i didnt want to wait on my stipend to pay for.

You act as though lifers do not open their wallet any more, but I submit to you that they are just as likely to pay as anyone else. And perhaps have more resource to pay as any other group in the game.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    jonascarlsonjonascarlson Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great Idea.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We really need more benefits for subscribers. Was disappointed last week that the only info on Subscribers last week is what Romulans would get.