ryan218 wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    Pirate: No. *The door to the base begins to open as pirates come out to check on the guards*

Serah: Well someone took her then or she's running. We need to find her.

OoC: I'm interested.

Tara A *telepathy*: Should we leave now or...?

*She glances at the guards.

Mari. Christie looks around.*

Christie: There aren't any other alleyways adjoining this one. Whoever this was probably didn't carry Karen's body out the way we came so...

*She notices a device bolted to the wall.*

Ha.

*She climbs on top of the waste disposal unit and prices the device off its mount.*

Looks like an imaging scanner. Karen walked right into a trap. Whoever attacked her beamed off with her.

*2 hours earlier. As Karen charges Karen 2, Karen 2 braces and slides back as Karen tries to spear her down, before pummelling Karen in the back, Karen backing off and throwing a middle kick, hitting Karen 2 in the face as she gets up.

Karen 2 picks herself up as Karen circles, guard down and muscles tense.*

Karen *angry*: Get up!

*Karen 2 snarls and rams a fist into Karen's face, Karen responding by grabbing Karen 2's collar and throwing her into the fence. Karen 2 grabs the links and kicks Karen in the face before rushing forward and tossing her into the gate hard, nailing Karen in the face with a downward hook on the rebound, splattering a little blood on her jacket.

Karen 2 now proceeds to circle Karen, wiping a little blood from her mouth.*

Karen 2 *angry*: Come on, clone, get up! I said get up!

*Karen gets up, growling as she takes off her jacket and throws it at Karen 2. As Karen 2 whacks it away with her arm, she takes a fierce combo of punches from Karen, replying with kicks and knees to Karen's lower body and abdomen as they move towards the waste disposal unit against the wall. As Karen 2 gets forced against it, she catches a punch and throws Karen face-first into the casing, denting it and leaving a small smear of blood before hitting Karen in the lower back with a mid-kick as she bounces off, forcing her back against it.

Karen groans as she tries to steady herself on her feet, holding the unit. She can barely keep her eyes open for the pain as her head rings. She swings a punch at Karen 2 with what strength she can still muster, Karen 2 grabbing her wrist, twisting back-to-back and pulling the arm down across their shoulders, Karen crying in pain. Karen 2 finally turns to face Karen and kicks her knee out, forcing Karen to her knees, before pushing her onto her back and pinning her with a foot on her chest, both of them panting (with Karen virtually unconscious).*

OOC: Thoughts everyone?

OoC: Interesting.

Serah: Dammit! How are we going to find her?

Tara B: Yeah one second. *She wipes the pirate's memories of the last few minutes then knocks him out* With any luck they won't think to look for us yet.

Christie: I have an idea. These things aren't easy to come by. If we can find out who sold it to them...

*She pries open the maintenance panel.*

Oh boy...

*She shows it to Serah - it's printed with the insignia of the Sela'ni Cartel: her mother's old cartel.

Fazon. Tara A ports them down to the wall - inside the crater.*

Tara A: Okay, let's keep shields up. *She powers up a twilight shield around herself.*

Serah: well atleast that should make it easier to track. But its troublesome.

*Tara B and A are on the on the edge of the crater on a sort of barrier. The Pirates base has a bridge that extends out into the crater a little bit about a street long to an elevator that goes down into the crater. The majority of the crater below is covered by a dark almost abyssal cloud and even from here they can feel ill and their bodies natural instincts are telling them to avoid it*

Tara B: Ew.

Christie: Well, the one saving grace is she isn't on a ship. These things are basically for a DIY site-to-site transporter kit. I'm betting it only has a range of a few kilometres.

We just need to find out who they sold it to...

*She looks a little sick.

Fazon. Tara A looks at Tara B.*

Tara A: Ideas?

Tara B: I think we need to figure out how the pirates survive down there. He said they were enhanced maybe we could figure out how and adapt some environmental suits to it.

Serah: I can call my mom see if she can find out.

Tara A: Let's give it a shot.

*Mari.*

Serah: No, I know where we can find out...

Someone approached me earlier... He had a typical Orion glyph on his arm... There's a den in the town which is looking to employ people for 'services'...

Serah: I don't like the sound of services.

Tara B: I'm guess if we're going to find out we need to go into the base.

Christie: I don't plan on giving them any, but I bet we can get some information out of them.

*Fazon. They port into the base.*

Serah: If they try anything I'm gonna break something.

*And are immediately attacked by 5 pirates*

Tara B: Take us back! *tries to shield them but gets shot in the arm*

OoC: I feel like with no knowledge of the layout and a reduced telepathic ability its a terrible idea to teleport right into an enemy base as they'd have a herd time knowing where there would be less people.

*Tara A ports them back out quickly. She lowers Tara B down against the railing.*

Tara A: You okay, sis?

*Mari. Christie finds the den and walks up to the guard. After a few moments, she waves Serah over as the guard easily lets them inside.*

Tara B: I'll be fine it was just a graze. It stings real bad though. *winces as she touches it. She'll need a medkit*

*Serah follows her in looking nervous*

Tara A: We can head back to the outpost.

*Mari. The den is largely occupied by recreational activities and dancers, but no slaves. Christie asks someone where the leader is, using her pheromones before walking over. She sees a (relatively) meek Orion male drinking from a bottle in a booth. As she and Christie try to approach, a female Orion guard stops them.*

Guard: Mr Krol is busy.

Christie; He doesn't look busy.

Guard: Do you have something important to say, or are you just wasting my time?

Christie: We have some important 'questions' to ask him... *She puts a hand on her hip suggestively.*

Guard: I'm sure Mr Krol is too busy for a couple of gru'shil'kas.

*Christie clenches her fists at that. Gru'shil'ka broadly means "half-breed".*

Christie *irritated*: Why don't you ask him?

Guard: I'm busy.

Christie: Doing what, trying to get your face punched in, sli'vak?

Guard: No, guarding a couple of gru'shil'kas.

*Christie snarls and turns away, taking a step forward before decking the guard with a spin kick.*

Christie *angry*: How's that for a half-breed, you targ?

*The guard slowly picks herself up, smiling a little.*

Guard: Who taught you? The Orion traitor or the pink-skinned w***e?

*Christie yells in anger and spears her down, punching her furiously.*

Christie *enraged*: Insult my parents again, b****! Go on!

Serah: Although I'm sure our Mother is no longer participating I'm sure Mr. Krol wouldn't appreciate such treatment of Melani's granddaughters. *Tries to pull Christie off while also trying to be diplomatic*

Tara B: I think that's for the best. *leads the way back* Next time we sneak in. *Len's team have set up a few makeshift shelters when they arrive, Tara B explains what happened and Len has a medic patch her up*

OOC: Their grandmother would be Tara Tri'an, not Melani - Melani was Samana's best friend.

*Christie tries to break free as the guard picks herself up, wiping some blood from her mouth.*

Guard: You mean the same granddaughters whose mother sold out the entire cartel to save her own skin like a snivelling coward?

*OOC: Now, the last time someone called Samana a coward, it ended with Serah trying to beat the living snot out of Zoe.*

*Fazon. Tara A sits down and tries to think up a way of sneaking in.*
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Pirate: No. *The door to the base begins to open as pirates come out to check on the guards*

Christie: There aren't any other alleyways adjoining this one. Whoever this was probably didn't carry Karen's body out the way we came so...

Ha.

*She climbs on top of the waste disposal unit and prices the device off its mount.*

Looks like an imaging scanner. Karen walked right into a trap. Whoever attacked her beamed off with her.

*2 hours earlier. As Karen charges Karen 2, Karen 2 braces and slides back as Karen tries to spear her down, before pummelling Karen in the back, Karen backing off and throwing a middle kick, hitting Karen 2 in the face as she gets up.

*Karen 2 snarls and rams a fist into Karen's face, Karen responding by grabbing Karen 2's collar and throwing her into the fence. Karen 2 grabs the links and kicks Karen in the face before rushing forward and tossing her into the gate hard, nailing Karen in the face with a downward hook on the rebound, splattering a little blood on her jacket.

*Karen gets up, growling as she takes off her jacket and throws it at Karen 2. As Karen 2 whacks it away with her arm, she takes a fierce combo of punches from Karen, replying with kicks and knees to Karen's lower body and abdomen as they move towards the waste disposal unit against the wall. As Karen 2 gets forced against it, she catches a punch and throws Karen face-first into the casing, denting it and leaving a small smear of blood before hitting Karen in the lower back with a mid-kick as she bounces off, forcing her back against it.

Karen groans as she tries to steady herself on her feet, holding the unit. She can barely keep her eyes open for the pain as her head rings. She swings a punch at Karen 2 with what strength she can still muster, Karen 2 grabbing her wrist, twisting back-to-back and pulling the arm down across their shoulders, Karen crying in pain. Karen 2 finally turns to face Karen and kicks her knee out, forcing Karen to her knees, before pushing her onto her back and pinning her with a foot on her chest, both of them panting (with Karen virtually unconscious).*

Tara B: Yeah one second. *She wipes the pirate's memories of the last few minutes then knocks him out* With any luck they won't think to look for us yet.

Christie: I have an idea. These things aren't easy to come by. If we can find out who sold it to them...

Oh boy...

*She shows it to Serah - it's printed with the insignia of the Sela'ni Cartel: her mother's old cartel.

Tara A: Okay, let's keep shields up. *She powers up a twilight shield around herself.*

*Tara B and A are on the on the edge of the crater on a sort of barrier. The Pirates base has a bridge that extends out into the crater a little bit about a street long to an elevator that goes down into the crater. The majority of the crater below is covered by a dark almost abyssal cloud and even from here they can feel ill and their bodies natural instincts are telling them to avoid it*

Christie: Well, the one saving grace is she isn't on a ship. These things are basically for a DIY site-to-site transporter kit. I'm betting it only has a range of a few kilometres.

Tara B: I think we need to figure out how the pirates survive down there. He said they were enhanced maybe we could figure out how and adapt some environmental suits to it.

*Mari.*

Someone approached me earlier... He had a typical Orion glyph on his arm... There's a den in the town which is looking to employ people for 'services'...

Christie: I don't plan on giving them any, but I bet we can get some information out of them.

OoC: I feel like with no knowledge of the layout and a reduced telepathic ability its a terrible idea to teleport right into an enemy base as they'd have a herd time knowing where there would be less people.

*Tara A ports them back out quickly. She lowers Tara B down against the railing.*

*Mari. Christie finds the den and walks up to the guard. After a few moments, she waves Serah over as the guard easily lets them inside.*

Tara B: I'll be fine it was just a graze. It stings real bad though. *winces as she touches it. She'll need a medkit*

*Mari. The den is largely occupied by recreational activities and dancers, but no slaves. Christie asks someone where the leader is, using her pheromones before walking over. She sees a (relatively) meek Orion male drinking from a bottle in a booth. As she and Christie try to approach, a female Orion guard stops them.*

Christie: We have some important 'questions' to ask him... *She puts a hand on her hip suggestively.*

*Christie snarls and turns away, taking a step forward before decking the guard with a spin kick.*

Serah: Although I'm sure our Mother is no longer participating I'm sure Mr. Krol wouldn't appreciate such treatment of Melani's granddaughters. *Tries to pull Christie off while also trying to be diplomatic*

Tara B: I think that's for the best. *leads the way back* Next time we sneak in. *Len's team have set up a few makeshift shelters when they arrive, Tara B explains what happened and Len has a medic patch her up*

OOC: Their grandmother would be Tara Tri'an, not Melani - Melani was Samana's best friend.

*Christie tries to break free as the guard picks herself up, wiping some blood from her mouth.*

Guard: You mean the same granddaughters whose mother sold out the entire cartel to save her own skin like a snivelling coward?

*OOC: Now, the last time someone called Samana a coward, it ended with Serah trying to beat the living snot out of Zoe.*

OoC: Sorry I got them confused.

Serah: Choose your next words very carefully... *her eyes flash red not just with anger but anger enhanced by the forge that she's been suppressing* My mother did what she did so that she could stay with my other mother. *she's trying to hold herself back*

Tara B: Hmm... Maybe we could make a holographic disguise?

Len: I think we could make a couple of mobile emitters for you but they wouldn't last forever.

Tara B: With that and a little trickery I think we could walk in the front door.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User

Ha.

Oh boy...

*Mari.*

OoC: Sorry I got them confused.

Serah: Choose your next words very carefully... *her eyes flash red not just with anger but anger enhanced by the forge that she's been suppressing* My mother did what she did so that she could stay with my other mother. *she's trying to hold herself back*

Tara B: Hmm... Maybe we could make a holographic disguise?

Len: I think we could make a couple of mobile emitters for you but they wouldn't last forever.

Tara B: With that and a little trickery I think we could walk in the front door.

Krol: Sira...

*The guard looks at him.*

Let them through.

*Christie glares at Sira with a kind of hatred before the two walk up to Krol.*

I don't get many visitors. Poor girl's been bored out of her skull for weeks.

*Christie hands him the imaging scanner.*

Christie: Whoever bought this from you has kidnapped our friend.

Krol: I sold one of these to a human girl a few days ago. She said she had a score to settle with someone. I didn't ask what. *He describes Karen 2.*

*Fazon.*

Tara A: And then get mowed down again once we get deeper inside and the disguises fail...
  • Options
    Serah: I guess it's the clone. The person you sold it to is a clone made by (insert organization here because I forgot the name I think it was DIS). I guess that would explain the kidnapping then...

Tara B: Well maybe we can find something to hide in? If they fail and we get seen we could port out again but maybe we can stay hidden long enough to find out what we need.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Osman: so does any one have any questions on what we are doing?
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    Serah: I guess it's the clone. The person you sold it to is a clone made by (insert organization here because I forgot the name I think it was DIS). I guess that would explain the kidnapping then...

Tara B: Well maybe we can find something to hide in? If they fail and we get seen we could port out again but maybe we can stay hidden long enough to find out what we need.

Christie: Where is she?

Krol: I can't tell you that. It's bad for business.

Christie: Pleeeaase? *She tries using her pheromones on him.*

Krol: She...asked for the pad to be delivered to an old warehouse near the east frontier.

Christie: Thank you.

*As they leave, Christie and Sira glare at each other. 30 minutes later, they're near the warehouse.*

How do you want to go about this?

*Fazon.*

Tara A: I guess...
  • Options
    Osman: alright then everyone is dismissed.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    Osman is alone in the briefing as atlas pops up on the table.

Osman: well.

Atlas: the unsc knows the plan know and will await the signal from here to jump into action.

Osman: good.

Atlas: something is bothering you I can tell.

Osman: no not bothering me. I'm ready to finish this and bring him in.

Atlas: if you say so.

Osman gives him a look

Atlas: what I'm a genius and can read human faces even when most humanoids can't. What can I say.

Elsewhere on the ship

Asher is walking around relaxing himself before the mission will begin.

He runs his hand through his short fur on his head.

Asher: this is a male or break no room for error.

Rotek: there is never room for error my young friend.

Asher: jeez don't be so sneaky.

Rotek: my apologies if I startled you.
  • Options
    Serah: Can we sneak in? I'd rather not barge in and chance getting shot at.

Tara B: Do you have any other ideas?
  • Options

Christie: There should be a couple of ways in.

*Fazon.*

Tara A: Not really. My last idea got you shot.
  • Options

*Fazon.*

Serah: Alright. *she finds another way in that's more discreet for them to use.*

Tara B: Alright. Lets give it a shot then. *its takes about half an hour for Len to get the mobile emitters made then she gives them to the Taras*

Tara B: *now hiding in front of the base* Ready?
  • Options
    Osman is in her quarters as her comm beeps.

Osman: who is this?

Voice: I'm your contact inside malick facility. I'm sending you what little I have on his new ally. They are....

A blast is heard as a door is blown open

Voice: no stay back please!

A rapid number of shots can be heard as the channel goes dead. Osman looks at the files.

Osman: computer inform the captain I need to speak with him.
  • Options

*Fazon.*

Serah: Alright. *she finds another way in that's more discreet for them to use.*

Tara B: Alright. Lets give it a shot then. *its takes about half an hour for Len to get the mobile emitters made then she gives them to the Taras*

*They hear shouting from the middle of the warehouse. Karen is chained to a support column.*

Karen 2 *angry*: I just want what's mine! Give me back my life! Tell them you're the clone!

Karen *teasing*: What burns you more, b****? That no matter what you say, I'm the real Karen; or that I found someone who loves me while you're just a cheap knockoff nobody cares--?

*Karen 2 punches her across the face in hatred.*

Karen 2 *angry*: SHUT UP!

*She looks ready to attack again.*

Christie: Wow... They hate each other...
  • Options

*Fazon.*

*They hear shouting from the middle of the warehouse. Karen is chained to a support column.*

Karen 2 *angry*: I just want what's mine! Give me back my life! Tell them you're the clone!

Karen *teasing*: What burns you more, b****? That no matter what you say, I'm the real Karen; or that I found someone who loves me while you're just a cheap knockoff nobody cares--?

Serah: Ready when you are to take her down...

*Tara B turns on her disguise. She looks like one of the pirates complete with the mandibles around her beak*

Tara B: How do I look?
  • Options

*Fazon.*

*Tara B turns on her disguise. She looks like one of the pirates complete with the mandibles around her beak*

*Tara A turns on her holoemitter too.*

Tara A: Terrible. *Smiles as they enter the base.

Mari.*

Christie: You take her, I'll get Karen.

Karen: Yeah, real big when I can't fight back, aren't you b****? If I weren't tied up--

*Karen 2 grabs her wrists, released the binders restraining her and throws her to the side.*

Karen 2 *hatred*: You know what? Let's go!

*Karen smiles a little, before roaring out and lunging at Karen 2 as the two start brawling.*

Christie: Nevermind.

*Christie starts running over.*
  • Options

*Fazon.*

Mari.*

Karen: Yeah, real big when I can't fight back, aren't you b****? If I weren't tied up--

*Karen 2 grabs her wrists, released the binders restraining her and throws her to the side.*

*Karen smiles a little, before roaring out and lunging at Karen 2 as the two start brawling.*

*Once inside the base the pirates don't pay much attention to them with several walking around the place some carrying objects others seemingly wandering around. after a few hallways they arrive in a large room filled with consoles almost like a command center. In the middle of the room there's a giant hologram of the planet with various things highlighted on it seeming to be other pirate installations. several pirates are interracting with the consoles and talking with each other while a much larger one about 1.5 times the height of the others overlooks them from a balcony. the big one appears to be interacting with a smaller hologram of the planet.*

*Serah does the same and tries to pry them apart*
  • Options

*Fazon.*

Mari.*

*Once inside the base the pirates don't pay much attention to them with several walking around the place some carrying objects others seemingly wandering around. after a few hallways they arrive in a large room filled with consoles almost like a command center. In the middle of the room there's a giant hologram of the planet with various things highlighted on it seeming to be other pirate installations. several pirates are interracting with the consoles and talking with each other while a much larger one about 1.5 times the height of the others overlooks them from a balcony. the big one appears to be interacting with a smaller hologram of the planet.*

*Serah does the same and tries to pry them apart*

*Christie holds Karen 2 back as Serah holds Karen back.*

Karen *angry*: Let go! I'm gonna beat the **** outta her!

*Fazon. Tara A makes a quick pass of the consoles to let her tricorder scan the language for translation.*
  • Options
    Serah: You can do that later I want you safe!

*It takes a while for it to lock onto the language but it gets there. The consoles may be a little difficult to use even with translations as they appear to be designed for longer fingers but it's manageable.*
  • Options
    Serah: You can do that later I want you safe!

*It takes a while for it to lock onto the language but it gets there. The consoles may be a little difficult to use even with translations as they appear to be designed for longer fingers but it's manageable.*

*Tara A tries to see if she can connect to a console using the tricorder.

Mari. Karen starts to calm down, but Karen 2 starts to overpower Christie. Christie responds by punching her back, getting into a stance as Karen 2 recovers.*

Christie: Don't even...

Karen 2: This is none of your business! This is between me and that cloned piece of trash!
  • Options
    Serah: You can both figure it out on the ship. *pulls put her communicator* I'm gonna call for them to beam us back.

*She manages to. She can access a lot of it but some things are restricted.*

*Tara B keeps watch*
  • Options
    Serah: You can both figure it out on the ship. *pulls put her communicator* I'm gonna call for them to beam us back.

*She manages to. She can access a lot of it but some things are restricted.*

*Tara B keeps watch*

*Tara A tries to access info on the elites' modifications or the mist in the crater.

Tora Ziyal. They're beamed aboard with Karen 2 almost immediately being taken to the brig. Tara hugs Karen.*

Tara: Thank God you're safe...

*When Tara finishes, Karen takes Serah into the next room, wrapping her arms around Serah's neck loosely.*

Karen: You came for me...
  • Options
    *She is unable to get info on the modifications but she is able to get data on the mist they saw*

Serah: Of course I did. *smiles and kisses her* I always will.
  • Options
    Osman is in the holo deck while waiting for the captain look over the related image of the new warrior

Atlas: they look bad.

Osman: agreed
  • Options
    *She is unable to get info on the modifications but she is able to get data on the mist they saw*

*Tara A downloads the info.*
  • Options

Tara B: let's get out of here I think my leg is glitching...
  • Options

*Tara A takes her hand and they port out.*
  • Options

Tara B: so what'd you get? *as her disguise fails. tara A's is still working and has to be turned off*
  • Options

Tara B: so what'd you get? *as her disguise fails. tara A's is still working and has to be turned off*

*Tara A turns her emitter off and shows her the data on the mist.*
  • Options
    *The data states the mist is passively created by the Fazon crater it is harmful to everything proving to be poisonous to all lifeforms save one that appears to nest in the caverns at the bottom of the crater. Fazon enhanced lifeforms such as the Elite and the Omega are able to resist the mist and a Synthetic was able to upgrade himself to resist it. An ancient race built a temple down there that no one has been able to properly scan as the lifeforms nest is too close for the pirates to get through although it's believe the synthetic was able to visit it. There are no details on what Fazon enhanced means but there's a pirate research facility in the tundra where the Omega resides.*

Tara B: Great so more evidence of genetic engineering. I'm starting to think they don't call this planet Fazon.
  • Options
    *The data states the mist is passively created by the Fazon crater it is harmful to everything proving to be poisonous to all lifeforms save one that appears to nest in the caverns at the bottom of the crater. Fazon enhanced lifeforms such as the Elite and the Omega are able to resist the mist and a Synthetic was able to upgrade himself to resist it. An ancient race built a temple down there that no one has been able to properly scan as the lifeforms nest is too close for the pirates to get through although it's believe the synthetic was able to visit it. There are no details on what Fazon enhanced means but there's a pirate research facility in the tundra where the Omega resides.*

Tara B: Great so more evidence of genetic engineering. I'm starting to think they don't call this planet Fazon.

Tara A: I'm guessing it's their name for the mist.

I'm going to go back up to that walkway. If I can scan that mist and figure out its properties, the Nautilus might be able to develop a way to protect against it.