r999 vs warsoul: cost of glory

Options
Daruvial - Sanctuary
Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Seeker
so i was wondering i think the upgraded warsoul wep cost of glory is better then the r999 wep cause according to the pwi wiki site gloom does 100% weapon damage for 10 seconds and the time can stack and you lose 5% mp. plus they are dual swords so they do more damage then the single r999 sword. and before someone says no r999 is better cause you get the set bonus you can still wear the r999 armor with cost of glory and get the set bonus. so just let me know what you guys think is better and why.
Post edited by Daruvial - Sanctuary on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Gloom is a slightly weaker boost to damage than single sparking... and while chaining it is possible, it's also unlikely to be something you'd have that often. So if you're looking for damage, zerk will always be more ideal than gloom.

So with that misconception out of the way, do you still think it's worth it based on weapon type alone?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Gloom =/= Zerk. SS and GoF=double total damage. Gloom is only double weapon damage, so like 20% more. Think your normal attack should have about 4x damage multipliers (450 str, weapon mastery) and when Gloom procs 5x multipliers, so 25% more dph on procs. Slightly more during skills.

100% weapon damage is exactly that, 1 damage multiplier. Think of your weapon mastery bonus of 90% giving you like 40% more dph (from level 1 to sage). It's similar to that. Or think of your triple spark giving 500% weapon damage and that being roughly 2-2.5 times your normal damage. That's 5x stronger than the boost Gloom gives.

Then there's the other issues like lower refine rate, possibly lower attack levels, lower crit rate...
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ...hmm... well, I honestly want to borrow someones recast-ed Warsong weap and try it with the damage differences and have a play with it in pk, but the only person on the server with them won't lend them to me! Q-Q'
    AM I NOT TRUSTWORTHY OR SOMETHING?!
    I did talk to them though, they said it doesn't proc as much as GoF does but they have a lot larger range of dmg >,>
    Soooo I'm quite happy with my R9RR sword until I'm so bored that I spend the time to farm 500mil to make the cost of glory swords.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    After reading the first 2 posts after the OP, I'm on the fence on this one. If not for that info, I would say gloom all the way specifically because its a dual sword.
  • gakekasai18
    gakekasai18 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I use cost of glory right now and your info is a little wrong on damage but however. Without gloom I am at 12000 on high end, with gloom it goes to 16000 plus the 61 att levels. Also refine is higher on them then rrr9 but for those that want to say otherwise, get a pair and test them out.

Also, once second cast. No chicken stones required to reroll, only 2 mirages per refine, only 2 stats that can be altered during reroll. No it's not 50 att level then another 55-65.

On a 3rd cast barb +12 savant stones I was doing 5k average dd to him with blur and 2.5k with attacks. Refine on my cost was at +7 so I will say they pack a punch.

Away from all that, gof is nice and can end a fight in one hit if zerk crit. I haven't refine to +12 yet to test out cost but I can say that I personally went this route because was cheaper, swords looked awesome, consistent damage without chance of hp loss (less pot use and charm ****) plus gloom stacks with buffs and sparks and refine is higher.

If they ever do come out with r9 and it has 70 att levels plus intervals I will switch for obvious reasons but as of right now these swords are amazingly fun to use and stay consistently high on dd.
    so i was wondering i think the upgraded warsoul wep cost of glory is better then the r999 wep cause according to the pwi wiki site gloom does 100% weapon damage for 10 seconds and the time can stack and you lose 5% mp. plus they are dual swords so they do more damage then the single r999 sword. and before someone says no r999 is better cause you get the set bonus you can still wear the r999 armor with cost of glory and get the set bonus. so just let me know what you guys think is better and why.

Forgot to add, gloom is what 150% of weapon damage so single spark. And when I single spark my dd increases as much so tested and confirmed it is the same unless screen is lying to me!
  • opkossy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Gloom is actually only 100% weapon damage not 150%

... and from the numbers you're giving out for what your character info shows, it sounds more like you're just single sparking as opposed to letting gloom proc on its own and then opening the character sheet to see the change.
  • gakekasai18
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Actually it's more then 100% but let's end this with the obvious, try out the weapon yourself before commenting since your info is off and your apparently not to bright with reading pwi info on it..
  • opkossy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Actually it's more then 100% but let's end this with the obvious, try out the weapon yourself before commenting since your info is off and your apparently not to bright with reading pwi info on it..

It isn't. Your numbers are accurate for a single spark with the weapon... but not for gloom, hence me asking directly if you were certain you were checking gloom and not a spark. Read this and if you still feel like we're all wrong then provide proof that shows the known game mechanics are wrong.
  • gakekasai18
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Do you have warsoul and cost of glory second cast? If you do not opkossy, you might want to not speak of something you don't know. It is more then 100% I can say specifics but others have said on posts and I do have a pair. Also there is a huge difference from a spark and gloom. I make sparks go off, gloom does it randomly. So hard to mistaken the mechanics.

Forgot to add, look under forums for what warsoul adds proc at and add or take away ok! It's a little better then on normal weapons!!!
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Do you have warsoul and cost of glory second cast? If you do not opkossy, you might want to not speak of something you don't know. It is more then 100% I can say specifics but others have said on posts and I do have a pair. Also there is a huge difference from a spark and gloom. I make sparks go off, gloom does it randomly. So hard to mistaken the mechanics.

Not saying I don't believe you. But can you post a few screen shots for proof? A screen shot of your attack stat when you use spark eruption (which is claimed on pw-pedia to give 150% weapon attack), and another screen shot of your attack stats under the effect of gloom on your warsoul wep (which you claim to be 150% also)?

Things that are written in the pw-pedia doesn't mean that it will always be true after each expansion. We've seen many wep procs under go an advance verson, (ss/gof, and soul shatter/blackhole). So maybe this gloom effect is indeed different - as it is a warsoul weapon recast.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Essentially, what he said.

Since you have the weapon, it shouldn't be that hard to show us your base, jump into the water in the middle of archo and hit the invisible mob you can tab target til gloom procs (at which point you open char menu and show us a pic of that), then close char menu and spark before re-opening it and giving a pic of that.

With that done, we'd be able to get past the discussion of just what the percent boost it has is and move on to the pros/cons to help OP's decision.
  • gakekasai18
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Perfect World User
    # 1 Cost of Glory Cast2 Duals Swords
    04-28-2013, 07:27 AM

Yea after being very disappointed at cast one single handed sword because:

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps2502a50f.png

- it didn't really proc much
    - astral ballad did more dmg
    - kinda sucked

I decided to make Cast 2 right away, and with the help of some friends and random people i was able to.

BRING THE HATE!

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...psbca2df34.png

and
    http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps68ba24b9.png

and
    http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps265d3e0b.png

Lots of TM 69 farming to make this
    Finally done...time to start farming for r9.3 ill troll tournament and make a 80 seeker for nw with this.
    Thoughts
    This Swords are completly OP...
    Gloom - which procs from hitting stuff 30% Success rate (120%-140% weapon attack, 10 sec buff) Pwi wiki says gloom procs 100% weapon dmg but ive checked...warsoul gives more.
    Gloom can stack with Sharpen (40%) and Barb buff.(40%) This 3 combos make a lethal consistent seeker...imagine pking someone, already hitting pretty hard...then you get a 120-140% weapon attack buff for 10 seconds lol its nice :D
    Last edited by Raphxelion - Raging Tide; 04-30-2013 at 04:43 AM.

This was from a prior feed. I know where to go for mobs and how to screen. More on the lines a mod can't even look into this info more in depth then link pic is stupidly funny. Guess this is pwi at its finest!
  • opkossy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    .... I'll take this as your concession, then.

Because all you've done is quote another post that only had pictures of the weapon.... as in not having any sort of definitive proof of your claims. Kinda pathetic that you're choosing to insult my intelligence and use a post from a thread I was even commenting in.

... And yet you weren't even able to use the quote function properly to do so.

As I've said before, either post proof or back down. People claim X and Y proc more often than the actual chance all the time and not once have they ever actually presented any hard evidence or test results to prove it. Until you can do so, you're putting yourself in the same category as the rest of them.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I use cost of glory right now and your info is a little wrong on damage but however. Without gloom I am at 12000 on high end, with gloom it goes to 16000 plus the 61 att levels. Also refine is higher on them then rrr9 but for those that want to say otherwise, get a pair and test them out.

Also, once second cast. No chicken stones required to reroll, only 2 mirages per refine, only 2 stats that can be altered during reroll. No it's not 50 att level then another 55-65.

On a 3rd cast barb +12 savant stones I was doing 5k average dd to him with blur and 2.5k with attacks. Refine on my cost was at +7 so I will say they pack a punch.

Away from all that, gof is nice and can end a fight in one hit if zerk crit. I haven't refine to +12 yet to test out cost but I can say that I personally went this route because was cheaper, swords looked awesome, consistent damage without chance of hp loss (less pot use and charm ****) plus gloom stacks with buffs and sparks and refine is higher.

If they ever do come out with r9 and it has 70 att levels plus intervals I will switch for obvious reasons but as of right now these swords are amazingly fun to use and stay consistently high on dd.

Forgot to add, gloom is what 150% of weapon damage so single spark. And when I single spark my dd increases as much so tested and confirmed it is the same unless screen is lying to me!
    o.o warsoul cast 1+2 cost 800-900mill to make if you bought it straight out so...getting r9.3 swords are actually cheaper. (supply tokens in my server are 66k)

Warsoul Cast One:
    So 3500(supply Tokens) x65000(Supply Token coin cost) = 227.5mill
    286mill for Crafting Fee (you have to pay whoever makes u the mats this fee)
    = 513mill for Cast One

Warsoul Cast 2
    40 SoW = 2000 Supply Tokens + 1.312.500 SoW fee +500 Supply Token Requirement (if you pay someone with 500 supply tokens to make for you)
    2000x65000= 130mill 1.312.500x40 = 52mill 500x65000= 32mill
    Now 78.6mill Crafting Fee
    Also need 500 Supply Tokens to make Warsoul cast 2
    = 292mill

So on Raging Tide Server Making Warsoul Weapon = 805mill
    In your comment you said you made warsoul because it was cheaper than r9.3 >.> this is how i know you play on a private server or you don't actually have them lol.
    ***Dont forget you might get unlucky with attack level and have to reroll. Rerolling Cost 18-20mill, i didn't include this in the 805mill lol
    Alright don't take to seriously on that thread i made when i got my weapons o.o i only had them for 3days lol. The reason i haven't made a new thread yet is because I'm still testing those weapons...

OK BACK TO THE THREAD TOPIC.
    Warsoul Weapon
    PRO: -Dual Swords(higher min and max dmg), higher refineboost, boost in hp,
    -Gloom Proc (30% chance to proc and 10sec buff)
    -Insane base dmg -looks COOL
    You learn to develop great combos...EX: sac+qpq on a tough seeker, then use 6sec tidal protection from sage bladeafinity. If the seeker qpqs it back to you, tidal protections gives you 50% chance to evad. if it goes to you, u can run or just use a dew. (this is how you have to think with this weapons...)
    CON
    -expensive
    -If you can't kill someone(Another seeker with R999) with equal gear/refines/skill because they can counter just as good as you...then you simply cannot kill them[Those fights are a bit odd and long, usually they will end in the r999 winning with zerkcrit. usually due to wrong read on a counter ex/using Dew to early]
    You wont be able to kill people most OP people in 1hit...gotta depend heavy on combos/debuffs

R999
    Pro: ZERK/and High Crit (you can pretty much onehit people with simple debuffs)
    -Can own with less skill and combos and debuffs
    -pretty cheap to make during 50% r9 sale
    -skill full seeker using these are insanely powerful
    -provides range for interesting builds (crit build)
    Con: low chance to proc GoF, Gof+Crit even lower, looks LAME

Thoughts/Results...rambles

Honestly if you want the Warsoul weapon expect to be a very skillful and tactical Seeker because if you are not you will get dominated by many people simple as that. You don't have Zerk Crit so you have to play smart. learn to counter, be efficient with the genies, learn combos for each class you're against, learn to play defense and attack when it counts, learn to use your apothecaries during emergencies.
    To be honest my seeker is r9.3 +6, with +50 citrine gems, and Warsoul weapon is +8. 90% of people I 1vs1 far outgear me but i can either kill them or have them wondering why its taking them a +11 30min to kill a +6 and why im hitting so hard.

I havnt really tested these weapon yet because, my armor refines are a bit low so i am forced to add some vit to my stat. Also because my seeker is undergeared 70% of the time i am using r8r+21 defense level swords(credit goes to LiveWire for telling me about them, and Horugou for telling me its a MUST have as a seeker :D) or else...ill get oneshot by most people i pk(i enjoy pking op people, most seeker around my specs aren't as skilled or dont pk) i really only bring out my warsoul when Im ready to use a combo or Im in NW. When i refine weapon to +10 and change my stats back to full Strength ill make a proper dmg analysis thread with screenshots! Although I have battousai 13k on a +11 full Josd/vit BM, took about 20min before i killed the bm...and it was thanks to the lucky crit/proc and debuff.

FINAL JUDGEMENT: R999 VS WARSOUL CAST 2 DUAL SWORDS
    As for which is better...R999 Wins...because its cheaper to make and zerkcrit is amazing lol.
    I knew this before i made the weapons...nothing can beat Zerk crit, but with identical gear....skill will usually come on top...and with the warsoul swords, you'll have to be skillful...or get owned o.o

There is PVE ,1vs1 ,small pk, massive pk, random pking, organized pking,NW im really not sure which weapon is better for each of those scenarios.

Warsoul Potential
    We've seen +12 r999 but no +12 warsoul.
    Add the natural high damage of Dual Swords + higher refining rate on warsoul weapons when +12= Gloom will give you a pretty nice damage boost when it procs. (plus gloom as higher proc rate than GoF)
    Now add sharpen buff and Barb Attack Buff.
    At this endgame i can see them being very dangerous,powerful and consistent on a skillful seeker. and the fact that tripple spark stacks with gloom can theoretically mean a 10sec GOF buff...but these would take some luck,awareness and pretty damn good timing.
    Now Since Edge blur cannot be effected by crits or Zerks...Edgeblur on these weapons at full potential would be the scariest skill ever :D

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2013-05-1108-08-36_zps1cfda679.png
  • kicchiri
    kicchiri Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Options
    First of all thanks for opening this topic,coz I also hesitated between WS and R9 :) Decided to make WS weap,but i still dont understand 1 thing. I've checked Cost of Glory (S2) on database and found this>
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/36528
    Database says there's a chance to get extra 50 att lvls. Is that true? or did any of u guys get that extra 50 next to base 55-65 lvls?

Oh and my other question: If i reroll the S2 one (to get those extra att lvls if its possible) will i loose refine? :/

Thanks for answers in advance! :D
    edited May 2013
    Options
    kicchiri wrote: »
    First of all thanks for opening this topic,coz I also hesitated between WS and R9 :) Decided to make WS weap,but i still dont understand 1 thing. I've checked Cost of Glory (S2) on database and found this>
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/36528
    Database says there's a chance to get extra 50 att lvls. Is that true? or did any of u guys get that extra 50 next to base 55-65 lvls?

Oh and my other question: If i reroll the S2 one (to get those extra att lvls if its possible) will i loose refine? :/

Thanks for answers in advance! :D
    "Extra Addons:

You have chance get them after creating items or identifying 'Unknown' status."

It is impossible to get extra 50 attack level from cast2 warsoul weapons. Database isn't an official pwi source.
    And Yes i have tried identifying 'Unknown' status" from several npcs, as far as i know this isnt possible in our version.

Your attack level will be 55-65 similar to r999 http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2013-05-1108-08-36_zps1cfda679.png
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    so any of you seekers that have the warsoul weapon wanna post a pk vid? even if its just nw or tw. im curious to see the damage on people.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Go get both weapons daru and test it out for us :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Go get both weapons daru and test it out for us :S
    lol don't waste time like that on this game x.x...i have the warsoul swords and ive used r9.3 swords before, even before i had the warsoul. Like i said on the long post i made just above your comment, r9.3 is better. Why R9.3 Wins?
    1. Its cheaper (Warsoul cost anywhere from 800m-1bill to make depending on server and token prices)
    2. High Crit
    3. Zerk...nothing beats double damage
    4. Zerk Crit

Warsoul is also great weapon if you want something diffrent like me:
    1. Gloom is a 10sec buff...consistent buff..depends on luck, some times it doesn't proc at all although the proc rate is suppose to be 30% vs Gof 15-20%
    2. Edgeblur seeker ultimate skill does alot more dmg with Warsoul because edgeblur does not crit or zerk
    3. Insanely high min/max dmg because of higher refine bonus, higher dmg from dual sword, gloom proc
    4. Gloom+Tripple spark= 10 sec GoF buff (You can't really predict when gloom will proc)
    Like i said from someone who owns warsoul and has used r9.3...it is the better weapon. But honestly...it comes down to skill. The more skilled player will find a way to win...as long as they're defense is good enough to last charm ticks and unsparked hits from the other play.

I'll make a pk video when i can but i haven't been playing much..pwi got boring and better things to do than wait around for daily resets x.x
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    2. Edgeblur seeker ultimate skill does alot more dmg with Warsoul because edgeblur does not crit or zerk

Well Raph, Edged Blur Doesn't crit or zerk, that is correct. However, since they updated it, Edged Blur does have a chance, based on half of you're crit rate, to do 1.5x damage. For example, the edged crit percentage would be 15% for a seeker with a regular crit rate of 30%. It's not exactly as powerful as a crit, but I think of it as only a 50% damage difference than a crit. (i.e. edged crit does an extra 50% damage, whereas a regular crit would do an extra 100%).

So, crit rate is actually more important than you would think, and with a full set of r9rr gear, a seeker's crit rate soars to over 35%. I just think that's relevant because most seekers who plan to go for the Warsoul weapon don't consider the r9rr armors and weapon both, and therefore would end up using g16 armor and the Warsoul as an endgame build. Which is much less effective than r9rr, in terms of overall endgame crit rate, and for various other reasons. Of course, if a seeker had full r9rr armor, and a Warsoul sword, it wouldn't be a huge difference because the r9rr sword only has a maximum of 5 more crit than the Warsoul dual swords.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well Raph, Edged Blur Doesn't crit or zerk, that is correct. However, since they updated it, Edged Blur does have a chance, based on half of you're crit rate, to do 1.5x damage. For example, the edged crit percentage would be 15% for a seeker with a regular crit rate of 30%. It's not exactly as powerful as a crit, but I think of it as only a 50% damage difference than a crit. (i.e. edged crit does an extra 50% damage, whereas a regular crit would do an extra 100%).

So, crit rate is actually more important than you would think, and with a full set of r9rr gear, a seeker's crit rate soars to over 35%. I just think that's relevant because most seekers who plan to go for the Warsoul weapon don't consider the r9rr armors and weapon both, and therefore would end up using g16 armor and the Warsoul as an endgame build. Which is much less effective than r9rr, in terms of overall endgame crit rate, and for various other reasons. Of course, if a seeker had full r9rr armor, and a Warsoul sword, it wouldn't be a huge difference because the r9rr sword only has a maximum of 5 more crit than the Warsoul dual swords.
    thanks...another seeker just explained to me the 1.5x edgeblur thing just now in the game actually. I agree with you...if you dont have r9.3 armor first i highly suggest you dont go warsoul cast2 first....100strength from r9.3 armor is vital to the weapon without zerk.

I'll prob try and post pk videos next week...finally +10ed the weapon and +7+8 my armor, ill be able to switch to full strength and not feel to squishy now i guess
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    thanks...another seeker just explained to me the 1.5x edgeblur thing just now in the game actually. I agree with you...if you dont have r9.3 armor first i highly suggest you dont go warsoul cast2 first....100strength from r9.3 armor is vital to the weapon without zerk.

I'll prob try and post pk videos next week...finally +10ed the weapon and +7+8 my armor, ill be able to switch to full strength and not feel to squishy now i guess

No problem man, and what a funny coincidence lol. I'm really looking forward to seeing you're PK videos by the way! That damage will be awesome at +10 I'm sure, and the extra hp always helps, so congratulations =)

I'll try to post a few sometime in the near future as well, if this thing called real life will ever give me a break and allow me to dust off my seeker's old youtube channel xD
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    First off, I'm going to say:
    Raph, you're an artist with those swords.
    Keep up the good work, keep exploring, I look forward to seeing you
    build a strong seeker which is totally different from mine and yet to strong!
    Build on your strengths, and let people prey on your weaknesses,
    knowing they will, and set a trap for them.

Edged Blur...yes... it's simple.

Your normal damage to a T3 bm with EB: 3k
    Your crit rate: 30%

[60% of the time, you will be hitting that T3 BM for 4.5k]
    -Thanks to the 1.5 times damage dealt twice as often as your crit rate.

More thoughts...
    Let's start a thread dedicated to keeping track of seeker pkers and their youtube channels!
    Should I write a pk guide for seekers on how to fight each class?
    If I were to write a pk guide... I would need to do extensive research on demon seekers, spending hours away from RT in my free time to find out how to do demon combos, and what doesn't work on demon that works on sage, and what combos demons can pull off that sages can't...
    One I can already think of is that I am going to enjoy using parched blade on demon seeker since it has a longer stun ^^

Last thought of the evening:
    If you think that just because you have heart of steel, that I will be unable to kill you...
    then you have never fought a seeker that can kill people with JUST phys skills...
    Just because one thing is popular, doesn't mean that the unexpected won't actually be more effective b:cute b:laugh
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    More thoughts...
    Let's start a thread dedicated to keeping track of seeker pkers and their youtube channels!
    Should I write a pk guide for seekers on how to fight each class?
    If I were to write a pk guide... I would need to do extensive research on demon seekers, spending hours away from RT in my free time to find out how to do demon combos, and what doesn't work on demon that works on sage, and what combos demons can pull off that sages can't...
    One I can already think of is that I am going to enjoy using parched blade on demon seeker since it has a longer stun ^^

The PK video thread is a great idea! I'm not so sure about the PK guide though, because I think PK is something that is something everyone should get their own feel for first, after all it isn't too complex. But it would totally be interesting to see pk from a demon perspective :)
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Please understand I don't mean a 'fledgling pker guide'
    but a strategy guide for people who have experience, but
    who want / need ideas from others who think / fight differently.

Sage / Demon being an easy example, but dex vs strength being another obvious,
    both are viable... but certain things are more at hand for a dex build...
    like using phys skills vs archers and sins, and exploring combos vs them,
    than for a str build, which might resort more to metal skills and debuff combos
    to oneshot them. b:chuckle

Also, the pk vid channel thread, I only know two currently, both have quit D:
    I have fraps... but it seems to lag up my pc too much,
    so I haven't recorded much except in pve up until now...
    I might change that if I can figure out how to make it work well...
    Minimem alone doesn't seem to do the trick :(
    I think it's just nabby and lazy me... XD

Once I get some footage, I'll start trying to put somethin together~
    Don't expect to much tho xD I still get facerolled often enough by people of equal
    or sometime even lesser gear D:
    But I do have my glory moments... b:pleased
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Please understand I don't mean a 'fledgling pker guide'
    but a strategy guide for people who have experience, but
    who want / need ideas from others who think / fight differently.

Sage / Demon being an easy example, but dex vs strength being another obvious,
    both are viable... but certain things are more at hand for a dex build...
    like using phys skills vs archers and sins, and exploring combos vs them,
    than for a str build, which might resort more to metal skills and debuff combos
    to oneshot them. b:chuckle

Also, the pk vid channel thread, I only know two currently, both have quit D:
    I have fraps... but it seems to lag up my pc too much,
    so I haven't recorded much except in pve up until now...
    I might change that if I can figure out how to make it work well...
    Minimem alone doesn't seem to do the trick :(
    I think it's just nabby and lazy me... XD

Once I get some footage, I'll start trying to put somethin together~
    Don't expect to much tho xD I still get facerolled often enough by people of equal
    or sometime even lesser gear D:
    But I do have my glory moments... b:pleased

Ah okay, well I'm glad you clarified that.
    And dang, I knew HerbalLife was taking a break, but I didn't know we lost another one :(
    That sucks. lol.
    I might add some videos from the upcoming NWs this week. No guarantees though.
    Also, Fraps is 'okay', but I would recommend the program Dxtory instead. It's better for a few reasons, but one main one is that Fraps tends to separate videos from a single recording session, I forgot how many gigabytes it separated at, but I know that back when I had over 400 gigs of TW video... it made things messy to edit lol. So I never got around to it. And I recently lost all of those in a computer crash, so facepalm for not backing them up. :(
    But yeah, try out Dxtory!
    *Edit* Oh, also, I use Sony Vegas Pro 11 for video editing, its probably the best. Well, besides the newer Sony Vegas Pro 12 xD
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yes :( our brother IHaxJoo bade his farewells in the RT subforum not too long ago b:cry
    IHaxJoo: "Friends and others: Good luck. I am out for real this time"
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Glad to see you're still active Horu b:cute

If you seekers do make a guide/video repository, let me know.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yes :( our brother IHaxJoo bade his farewells in the RT subforum not too long ago b:cry
    IHaxJoo: "Friends and others: Good luck. I am out for real this time"
    ha i missed Ihax leaving the game...well thats a bummer but reallife should always come first...I've had to quit several times to focus on school and other stuff.

Anyhow i still enjoy the game and i want to see my seeker atleast part completed. So ill prob stop refining my armor at +8 and get my weapon to +11 and helmet to +10 and just focus on gems...saphire/dot my plan.

I've got too much time on my hands right now..summer break end of freshman year. So I've got time to make pk video. How about I make a pk video by the end of the week it probably wont be perfect but something is better than nothing lol. With that I'll start the Video PK Seeker Thread...I'll try to include several correlations of other seeker pk videos/channels including mine.

So yea we should all try to make one massive thread with our pk videos and stuff
This discussion has been closed.