New expansion CN

Options

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Am I the only person that's curious about the PK change? Am I misunderstanding or does that mean that everyone 30+ can be PKed on the map?

Hmm I wonder......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why wouldn't i quit if the 8 hr timer is implemented?

I get on at midnite and run my bhs. I usually come back to do my moria/oht dailys around noon. I will grind awhile, and if i feel up for it, help some random i see asking for help with bosses, bhs ect.

If i run my bhs at midnite, and the timer keeps ticking down by the time i get back on it will be at 0. If its at 0 whats the point of playing if im not going to get xp, drops?
    And i wouldnt help anyone asking for help since i wouldnt want to cause them to get nothing for their efforts either.

So in essence, i would be getting on, doing bh (usually for nothing more than chips) and then my gaming time would be up for the day. Why play if thats all i get to do?

I can only play a few hours at a time off and on through the day. I should be able to play when and how much I want to, not because a game dictates otherwise.

If this game wont let me play when i am able (or want to) I will find one without those restrictions.

Theres been nothing in this game update wise that has made me think of quitting, ive always enjoyed most of the new content, but this one is a no brainer for me. The 8 hour timer would essentially remove the entire point of playing for me since i wouldnt be receiving drops, nor xp due to my pattern of playing.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why wouldn't i quit if the 8 hr timer is implemented?

I get on at midnite and run my bhs. I usually come back to do my moria/oht dailys around noon. I will grind awhile, and if i feel up for it, help some random i see asking for help with bosses, bhs ect.

If i run my bhs at midnite, and the timer keeps ticking down by the time i get back on it will be at 0. If its at 0 whats the point of playing if im not going to get xp, drops?
    And i wouldnt help anyone asking for help since i wouldnt want to cause them to get nothing for their efforts either.

So in essence, i would be getting on, doing bh (usually for nothing more than chips) and then my gaming time would be up for the day. Why play if thats all i get to do?

I can only play a few hours at a time off and on through the day. I should be able to play when and how much I want to, not because a game dictates otherwise.

If this game wont let me play when i am able (or want to) I will find one without those restrictions.

Theres been nothing in this game update wise that has made me think of quitting, ive always enjoyed most of the new content, but this one is a no brainer for me. The 8 hour timer would essentially remove the entire point of playing for me since i wouldnt be receiving drops, nor xp.

This is pretty much me. Nothing to do with addiction as people who are pro timer without even seeing keep trying to push. As if it's automatically the best thing ever and important and we shouldn't be concerned at all. -_-;

Same thing with PK. I'm not buying guardian scrolls, not setting safety lock. Whole reason I choose the server that I did. If I do PK, I want to be at a time/place of my choosing so I can be properly prepared. Otherwise, it just isn't fun to me. And there is no reason to play if I don't find it fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So what would happen if you run a full warsong and some ppl in squad has used their 8h and others not, will there be drops?
    Or will the timer be fixed to a certain servertime?

And just becouse CN gets this **** doesnt mean we will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

^This.
    This. Right. Here.

Also with the new PK rules; If my PVE server turns into a PvP server that's utter ****. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    According to the translation, if ANYones timer is on 0, noone in the squad will get any drops.

And I am holding out hope that this specific update does not make it here.

(and that pk thing, im hoping that is not intended for PVE servers.. you know person versus envir, because theres a reason i did not join a PVP , person versus person, server)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I hope to god that timer isn't put in or if it is, it stops counting down when you're logged off. It sounds like the stupidest **** ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Normally I await expansions with quiet pessimism, but this 8 hour farming limit really has me worried.

People have -just- been able to figure out coordinating everyone having their Missive in their inventory to start the Missive quest without taking 20 minutes to explain the process, do you think that it's even remotely possible that 6-10 strangers can coordinate their farming timers? Say goodbye to random squads at last kiddos, better hope you have a few compos mentis friends or can multi-client your butt off to accomplish anything you need to do.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that it will be possible to AFK level if you have the money and/or finish Cube?
    Seriously??
    Even if people bought FCC at least they had to play for maybe 10 minutes at a time!

Maybe China's game's riddled with bots and a terrible economy, but it's just not fair for them to spread this rancid butter all over us!

I read and re-read the pk protection change part and really I just don't understand how or if this will apply to a pve server, or how this will change a pk server, aside from adding more safe-zones. But then again maybe someone who pks on a pve server could illuminate the issue (I love TW but pk on pve server doesn't interest me). That being said I'd hate for all servers to all suddenly become quasi-pk; if it's applied to all servers as it's described, that is pretty much what will happen. If that does indeed happen it pains me to say it but I will quit that very day. I chose a pve server, that is what I chose, so I can choose when and where to pvp if I wish. Okay people like the thrill and the danger of it all the time? Great, well, I don't. Stop trying to thrust pvp on me! I get my rocks off in TW and I like to keep it there.

I'm really trying hard not to freak out <.< It's hard to plan for an expansion through translation and conjecture. I only freak out because I rather enjoy playing this game. I know, so rare for someone to say something positive about this game, but in spite of its flaws I still love to play. I'm just hoping some of these changes get revamped or ditched completely.

Give us some hope! Give us some good news! At least will someone dull our fears a little? >.> someone? Anyone? <.<
  • M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    why all people think it has to do with boting?

in my opinion they just wanna make people farm less and spend more of rl money....

to bad it aint gonna work cuz to many will be quiting b:laugh
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    we'll all be farming less on the 28th
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just...no words. If that 8 hour per day thing hits our servers...I'm pretty sure 80% of the current population would ditch the game,

b:pleased

Don't ya mean the 80%, of the last 4% of the people, who were too believe the last 10%, of the remaining 7% of all the people too whom, 3% of all the others, were equal to the SuM of the last 9%, of all those who Came too find out about the fact, that the rest of the remaining 67% of all the people that had left, Long Before them???????

b:puzzled

'^VQ ^O^ \\LoLOL0LOLoL// ^O^ QV^'

b:dirtyb:laughb:dirty
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Am I the only person that's curious about the PK change? Am I misunderstanding or does that mean that everyone 30+ can be PKed on the map?

It does sound like it now, doesn't it........b:chuckle
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ok WTF farming timer!?!? i've been working so hard to make an Asassin farmer now to come up with this epic **** decision? but wait before raging, What is the reason behind that? **** up non-cash players and promote cash playing? is PWI becoming slowly a Pay to Play game or what? seriously WTF.. u guys dont seem to think before making an adjustment.. have u all tried out asking the community before making such a stupid move? you know.. like a poll or a census? Wow man... this is like... "Mass quitting in 3.....2.....1...." sort of thing again.

Just think about it, a farmer maybe rank8 / rank9 sin: "ok my farming time is over.... i dont wanna pk... so im gonna log off" Or "im bored of pking now.. gonna log off".. its gonna push ppl away eventually, and maybe some will think that 8 hours is enough or we dont need to spend 8 hours farming and that we need to "get a life".. some of us do have a life, and i do know people 50+ who have nothing else to do but PWI cuz they Cant. what about those farmers? and what if we don't wanna go elsewhere but play PWI? just blocking up the "get a life" trolls in case they come up with that senseless remark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • Celcastia - Dreamweaver
    Celcastia - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ^
    All that up there. All of it.

To top it off, what is that nonsense about "blue name safe zones"? I dont need to be doing World Quest and have some Jack or Jill gank me while I AFK fly because auto-path thinks its cute for me to fly through unprotected zones.

We already kicked up enough of a tantrum when they added this to SP, what made them think we'd be excited for it to be on the world map? b:surrender
  • imperialangel
    imperialangel Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just have to say the pk if it applies to pve servers is stupid I mean sure I have the gear to wave of virtually anything but I play pve for a reason I don't enjoy constant omg am I going to get killed while afk kind of things. Same thing with timer I go afk ALOT between either farming or helping people out... No this isnt a choice, I'm sick if I help someone out then have to lay down and loose all ability to make xp or cash it means I may as well not play. Go outside instead? Sure if I was physically able I would love to but pwi is my method of trying to forget how sick I am and what I can't do. It's the only MMO I've really loved playing. Making this game **** me that hard for something I can't control to fix a problem which doesnt exist on our servers (assuming its to fix botting because thats the only explanation that makes sense) is just ridiculous. If this does exist keep it on the servers which have the issues otherwise leave well enough alone.
    P.S. Despite the glitchiness still a great game to play :D
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Having hit 102, and only needing Gaia's Blessing for a complete skill set, my goals are essentially one skillbook away from over. I have no need for recast gear, or whatever misc junk they toss into the game now. Basically I'm already about done with the game before this talk of timers etc. began.

If I WERE still playing the game heavily the timer, and pretty much every change that I've seen rumored in this thread would make me quit. I should have stopped playing this game along time ago, but as long as I could do my own thing on my own time I had fun.

New classes are always welcome to me, though it looks like that won't be happening this time. Even more welcome at this point would be a new game to play those classes in, and sadly I long ago realized FW was never gonna be that for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Relax kids.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevetira - Sanctuary
    Nevetira - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    2. PK protection rule changes

- as long as you are above lvl 30, and not in safe zone or blue name protection zones (it will be marked on the map) , you will be treated same as white name players
    ^ If this is gonna happen, then there is no point to have PvE servers......

inb4 anywhere-PK-protection item being sold at cash shop......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Dont know about the 8 hr thing yet but the other changes have been confirmed through the patch notes.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Dont know about the 8 hr thing yet but the other changes have been confirmed through the patch notes.

Going through them now... The June 1st patch notes mention this, and what we're patching up to tonight is... June 25th?

So....

From June 13th, mentions change again, not sure if they modified.

They never mention if it was rolled back or not rolled back (similar to the APS-fix rollback...).

Unsure if it will be in tonight's patch or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This is the wrong thread to QQ about reflections :O
    Reflections is today while this thread is everyone conjecturing about 5 new classes / emperers or whatever.

I doubt we will get the 8 hour thing though. Not every anti-bot feature makes it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • thealfawolf
    thealfawolf Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    if this **** is true that they are saying then PWI is goign to die 90% of ppl are not going to like this and I for 1 think it is the stupidest thing
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    if this **** is true that they are saying then PWI is goign to die 90% of ppl are not going to like this and I for 1 think it is the stupidest thing

hows that possible when we know 20% like this ...
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • doomkittyzxzxz
    doomkittyzxzxz Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Wow In All My Years Of Playing Nothing This Stupid Has Never Come Up..... Wow Its Almos As Bad As Nexon Holy .... Guys You Can Do Better Than This
  • thealfawolf
    thealfawolf Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    hows that possible when we know 20% like this ...

ya thats true all cash shopers that have the best stuff will love it
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I found some random messages about this feature.. its called "Earning Time".

9660 "This teammate is now in the normal state of earning"
    9661 "This teammate has no earning time, he will receive nothing while killing monsters!"
    9662 "Normal Area This area will not deduct your earning time. Killing monster in this area will not deduct your earning time, and monster earning will not be reduced. "
    9663 "Earning Control Area "
    9664 "[Non Benifit]You will earn nothing in this area while killing monsters (including drops, EXP and Spirit)."
    9666 "You've spent all your earning time, so you will get nothing while killing monsters in Earning Control Areas."
    9667 "%s spent all his earning time, so he will get nothing while killing monsters."
    9668 "You are entering an Earning Control Area; killing monsters will cost you earning time."
    9669 "This area will deduct your earning time. Killing monsters in this area will deduct your earning time, and monster earning will be reduced. "
    9670 "This area will deduct your earning time. Now that your character's earning time is 0, killing monsters in this area will give nothing. "
    9671 "You've spent all your earning time, so you will get nothing while killing monsters in this area."
    9672 "This teammate has less than 1 hour of earning time remaining."

It appears that Earning Time is only used while killing mobs in particular "Earning Control Areas" and not while you are just AFK or whatever. Also there are warnings if you invite someone with low earning time remaining.

This stuff will probably be alright if they bother to enable it.

EDIT.. wrong thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ZinneD_ - Sanctuary
    ZinneD_ - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Wow!! New weapons! Archers with Guns, Sins with new daggers, Seekers, BMs and Venos with new Sword, Cleric, Wiz, Mystics has new Magic Sword, BMs and Barbs has new Axes... they left the Psychics without a new sphere!!! b:laugh
    In this Perfect World, those that are Made-In-China are the originals whereas ours and other servers are just cheap imitations...b:sad
  • I_skateboard - Harshlands
    I_skateboard - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Do these GM's even listen to the fan based community at all? It seems like we tell them one thing and it goes of the other ear with an intention to do even worse damage to the game. If all this is true, I need to search for a new fun game. b:shocked

I can deal with all the stuff now even though it's stil unbalanced, but after this idk. All i can do is just wait and see what GM's bring this time around.
  • beautifulrd
    beautifulrd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This is ridiculous!! I am a new member this year and I am appalled at how everyone spends money on this game and you can change this over selfish reasons! If you plan to make these changes I am betting we will all drop this game because everyone has been faithful!!!! There is a lot of people that will not put up with this and go elsewhere! I think you need to reconsider your changes or whomever created this will lose a lot of money and contributors!! I expect you will not change what we have or I can assure you that we will all go elsewhere! If this goes into effect I among others will be done! I myself have spent money and to me this is a way to hurt and destroy your own creation of something everyone enjoys. Believe me you..this will hurt what you have created. Even Facebook wouldn't do this to their own members!! Reconsider or you will be out of business! Trust me! It is bad enough we deal with the flaws but enjoy it anyway however the rules being put in place will be detrimental to your loyal players.
  • stoneraiden
    stoneraiden Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This is ridiculous!! I am a new member this year and I am appalled at how everyone spends money on this game and you can change this over selfish reasons! If you plan to make these changes I am betting we will all drop this game because everyone has been faithful!!!! There is a lot of people that will not put up with this and go elsewhere! I think you need to reconsider your changes or whomever created this will lose a lot of money and contributors!! I expect you will not change what we have or I can assure you that we will all go elsewhere! If this goes into effect I among others will be done! I myself have spent money and to me this is a way to hurt and destroy your own creation of something everyone enjoys. Believe me you..this will hurt what you have created. Even Facebook wouldn't do this to their own members!! Reconsider or you will be out of business! Trust me! It is bad enough we deal with the flaws but enjoy it anyway however the rules being put in place will be detrimental to your loyal players.

i congree with this mad mans rant this game is flawed like no others mother but i love it tw is awsome squad instances are fun but im not cool with no 8 hour farm limit; i farm my *** off in momagnon for herbs and dq. plus i spent alot of money and i dont want it to be a waste XD b:victory