PWI is dead?

Options

Comments

• LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'd put it this way:

PWI = That noob sin that thinks he is the s*** and is aways throwing himself in the middle of mobs or bosses and ends up dying.

Cash Shoppers = The cleric that ressurects the noob sin, because, although he is a noob, the sin is essential for the squad to move on...

lolwut?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If everyone that ever QQed about hyper leveling and a dead game would roll alts and level them the normal/old way (no hyper, no fcc, no bh, and no dual-client main or friend destroying quest mobs/bosses in seconds) then it would change the gameplay back to the old style; of course we'd also have to take gear out of the cash shop. Why even play on a normal server if you just want to start at level 101 and buy gear from the cash shop? Play on a private server, donate money and the GM will plvl you to cap and give you some brokenly OP gear.

As far as I'm concerned everyone who complains about the game not being the old way is a hypocrite. My friend will tell me how powerleveling killed the game and then 5 minutes later say "Can't talk - doing FCC."

You guys are the ones that broke the game by QQing that leveling is hard, grinding sucks, and you probably never read quest text so the GMs just built powerleveling into the game and removed grinding and questing completely so you would be happy. Now you can do your dailies and spend hours outside W. Arch on your FCC'd 100+ characters BSing with each other about a dead game - isn't that what you wanted: to be able to spend all your time in chat and TWs and skip all of the other content because it is boring?

Meanwhile, I'll be leveling the old fashioned way so I'll never see any of you on my questing/grinding characters unless your names are yellow inside my chat box selling or asking for FCC runs.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My friend will tell me how powerleveling killed the game and then 5 minutes later say "Can't talk - doing FCC."

Pretty funny. The panda just had to quote it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If everyone that ever QQed about hyper leveling and a dead game would roll alts and level them the normal/old way (no hyper, no fcc, no bh, and no dual-client main or friend destroying quest mobs/bosses in seconds) then it would change the gameplay back to the old style; of course we'd also have to take gear out of the cash shop. Why even play on a normal server if you just want to start at level 101 and buy gear from the cash shop? Play on a private server, donate money and the GM will plvl you to cap and give you some brokenly OP gear.

As far as I'm concerned everyone who complains about the game not being the old way is a hypocrite. My friend will tell me how powerleveling killed the game and then 5 minutes later say "Can't talk - doing FCC."

You guys are the ones that broke the game by QQing that leveling is hard, grinding sucks, and you probably never read quest text so the GMs just built powerleveling into the game and removed grinding and questing completely so you would be happy. Now you can do your dailies and spend hours outside W. Arch on your FCC'd 100+ characters BSing with each other about a dead game - isn't that what you wanted: to be able to spend all your time in chat and TWs and skip all of the other content because it is boring?

Meanwhile, I'll be leveling the old fashioned way so I'll never see any of you on my questing/grinding characters unless your names are yellow inside my chat box selling or asking for FCC runs.

Funny fact, people rush lvl 100+ with hypers and them they wc "zomg, I is board"... I pity those poor souls, I really do... b:surrender

• ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Merge lost city and harshlands !
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    +1 might be worth logging in for more than tw
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

+1 merge me with my wife :O

Oh wait wc o-o
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What facts do we have regarding the 'health' of PW?

Very few. Lots of opinions.

One fact:
    According to Alexa traffic in these forums is way down. (Click on the Pageviews tab)

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/pwi-forum.perfectworld.com#pageviews

Generally forum activity mirrors game-world population in terms of volume.

Another fact is the last financial report from the company, which I don't have the link to, showed them still making money, but not as much as they had planned.

Anyone else know of any real data concerning the status of our addiction known as PW.
    Just some guy
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Maybe high lvls should help those who cant find anyone for bh's. I spend about 45 min. just to find one person for bh59 sadly. even more sad when they leave squad after we enter to go to fc >:/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • zedafeira
    zedafeira Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    NO ZACKMYSTIC, THEY SHOULDNT!

I personally as a cleric avoid AT ALL COSTS having someone do all the work for me.

This game is full of ppl that dont know how to play already, so why should you make the moment where they need to learn teamwork (Fbs, Bhs) nothing but a speed run?

I say Pwe must add an cap to levels when doing bh, you cant do it with anyone 15 levels above you.

And if you go "Hur Dur I did it way too many times, I wanna log in my level 105 gooned sin and rush it so I dont waste my time". Well I have a message for you. Yea you. You are the one killing my favorite game.
    And I hate you forever.
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    Finrah - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pmihai12 wrote: »
    My point of view.. pwi is dead!

I have been playing for almost 3 years.. and now all the quest spots are empty , cities emptys.... everyone are doing frost & hyper these days... not fun at all...

For the old player .... i have nice memories when every1 in the server was so active doing quests in squads and do so much more... hh runs alot .. doing quest bosses , guild activity etc..

I have seen alot of new people from lvl 1 doing frosts to 100 and they dont event know how to play... how to use a skill.......

Hardway was nice and alot more fun..

So pwi is dead?

Where is the fun? doing a lvl 1 char and in 3 week wow i'm100 and now what? that's it?

Everything in life changes. Everything in life evolves. It's not dead, just changed drastically in a way that most of us Veterans dislike.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I do admit that game feels more dead for me.

I mostly play with my gf when she's off work and a few random friends.

I had the worse possible luck on BH100's in 2 weeks, out of 10 BH, got 8 times chips, 1 orb of cultivation and once 2 mils.

Some people have become way too greedy now they are "all powerful" and coudn't care helping others to get to their "lvl of gear"

I'm stuck at 2.5 aps since a while and lucky that my gf helped me get to that really..

I have over 270 nirvana keys in bank, but what do I see now ? Nirvy 4-5 APS, link wep.

Well I dunno, just guessing, but woudn't all the runs I could do with those keys almost guarentee me enough cannies to make my nirvy legs ?

Most people have fallen in the category of "faster is better, if taking a 2.5 aps BM with +5 deicides slows us down by a minute we'll find someone else."

Fun though to go do Abaddon with "OP sins" that cleared all bosses but once at Peach are scared to death "who's gonna lure ?"

People should learn more to play their classes, test their limits mixed with genie skills to compensate their weaknesses.

The world is big , there's a lot to explore, much more then starter town --> FC then asking at lvl 80-90 wheres Valley of Disaster to get 2nd spark (yep, I saw that....) b:shocked
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options

I had the worse possible luck on BH100's in 2 weeks, out of 10 BH, got 8 times chips, 1 orb of cultivation and once 2 mils.

Some people have become way too greedy now they are "all powerful" and coudn't care helping others to get to their "lvl of gear"

I'm stuck at 2.5 aps since a while and lucky that my gf helped me get to that really..

I have over 270 nirvana keys in bank, but what do I see now ? Nirvy 4-5 APS, link wep.

Well I dunno, just guessing, but woudn't all the runs I could do with those keys almost guarentee me enough cannies to make my nirvy legs ?

Most people have fallen in the category of "faster is better, if taking a 2.5 aps BM with +5 deicides slows us down by a minute we'll find someone else."

Fun though to go do Abaddon with "OP sins" that cleared all bosses but once at Peach are scared to death "who's gonna lure ?"

People should learn more to play their classes, test their limits mixed with genie skills to compensate their weaknesses.

The world is big , there's a lot to explore, much more then starter town --> FC then asking at lvl 80-90 wheres Valley of Disaster to get 2nd spark (yep, I saw that....) b:shocked

Yesterday someone was asking for R9 for a delta run...

Funny tho, later you see their wc that they are bored and need something to do...

I say the players are killing this game as much as PWI itself b:sad

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

I've talked to a pking mystic, level 60-ish. He told me that he has done none of his culties and doesn't even have Storm Mistress. Then he turns around and tries to pk an at-level barb, screaming in normal chat to "Die, Kitty!"

It's things like that, and times like that, that make this game equally frustrating and fun for me.

It's just a game, for entertainment purposes. If you're not entertained, go on to the next game.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Maybe high lvls should help those who cant find anyone for bh's. I spend about 45 min. just to find one person for bh59 sadly. even more sad when they leave squad after we enter to go to fc >:/
    should be happy you even have BHs in the first place. Id take 45min any day as opposed to 6hrs grinding back in the days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Willbert - Dreamweaver
    Willbert - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    wrote:
    Yesterday someone was asking for R9 for a delta run...

Funny tho, later you see their wc that they are bored and need something to do...

I say the players are killing this game as much as PWI itself b:sad

Lets see if we can turn this around.. I too have irks about some players and how they tend to take the fun out.

Now when I log in.. I do things that are fun or make it fun... for me and others. I will tend to irritate others who give negative remarks in pm.. but eh.. I'm not there for them.

I do most of my activities around my ingame gf.. future wife.. :P

When I make squads now for BH's I will only invite one sin and one BM, the rest being other classes.

If I see the sin or some other UMBER toon take off from the rest of the squad to do their own thing.. I BOOT them now. And WC for another. No warnings.. .. may reply with learn to play co-op.

Yup.. I'm a nub and jerk now.. But know what.. at the end of the run.. everone had fun.. and everyone contributed..

I figured unless someone takes action on those OP players. they will continue to ruin it for others.

I will do a free/random run.. my contribution for others helping me do BH.. as I help them too.

I also do not join free / my drops squads.. thats just taking advantage of others who also use resources to get the job done. And why deprive others of drops they may need/want also.. And wine is not that pricey.. sure there are some who can't affored it. ... but then I would ask myself. do I want them in the squad then if they, at 100+ can't pay a wine fee. .how much do they invest in their toons really.

Anyhow.. My temp solution to make my game enjoyable not only for me.. but my gf and some random players/strangers..

Cheers.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What facts do we have regarding the 'health' of PW?

Very few. Lots of opinions.

One fact:
    According to Alexa traffic in these forums is way down.

b:pleased True but, (Alexa) will never show the forums at the levels they were at B4, when the DEVs Nerfed the game with their ToTaLlY FoOlIsH! SP DEBACLE... LMMFAO!!!!!b:laugh

So one should never expect to see these forums ever reach that level of activity again "QQ/Troll/Flame or otherwise"....b:chuckle

Cause that was about as GRAND of a
    **** Up as any of us, could have ever 'Imagined or Expected' to,0! See.... Aswell as the amount of Mass 'Panic/Dissatisfaction' QQ traffic it caused, on the Forums....LoLZzz b:dirty

b:victory
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:shutup <<<took 8 months from 1 to 100 ( u ish noob by current standards)
    <<< fc'ed only 13 times (OMFG HOW NOOB COULD YOU POSSIBLY GET)
    <<< not planning to get rank gear ( WHAT KIND OF ABNORMALITY ARE YOU?)

strangely all those who commented on me (those in parentheses) quit the game a few weeks later.b:chuckle

Powerlevel too much?
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Strangest wc i've ever saw in RT a few days ago...''WTB a glacial walker level 80-90 pm price...''

Apparently the veno buying a pet like that on that level has way too many fc's too many and has no more plans to play the game as it isb:surrender
  • mofoisuisay
    mofoisuisay Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    theres alot more to the game then whats happening atm, the problem is with most of the big cash shoppers and the power leveling as mentioned.

While its ok for them not to want to do 87698756 repeat quests and want to lvl there 12th alt fast i can understand, but it does take away alot from the BH, NORMAL FC sceen. At the moment it is impossible to get a cleric or Barb to BH59,69 or 79 for that matter cause lvl 70-90+ are buying heads ( YES 90 + ).

Now most of the big cash shoppers will come on here and whinge and moan they have the money so why not...well for 1 read above, you will actually save $$ and get more exp per run doing it the " old fashioned " way & seriously if u need to be buying heads at lvl 85+ specially 90 + ffs wtf are u actually playing for ?

I think its high time PWI banned the sale of heads and made everyone do it the old way...that would mean u cant FC till 77/80+.. FARK ME what would that do to u all ??

Would certinally put and end to the dumb *** clerics that heal during heads...and b4 u make a comment that she was a head buying noob, she actually had a 103 sin too !?!?

The game is dying, theres too many R8/R9 +10 ego fueled idiots as it is and constant sales only adds to it, R8,R9 was / is supposed to be exclusive end game gears, not for every mastercard weilding daddy's lil rich boy to get there hands on. ( ohh that will bring some comments )

Gone are the days of Fun TW's Nivy, Delta, Warsong cause every rich ***** wants u to have 15 aps + 25 ( yes its exagerated ) to get into there damn squad.

I agree with the Previous comments too ...u all race to lvl 100 and then ur all in WC "BORED LVL 100 Looking For Something TO DO " tryng playing the normal way ffs.

my 50c worth

b:chuckleb:chuckle

PS i have made a toon lvl 1 - 80 in under a week and in less then 24 hrs actually playing time( i have one of every class), but i do not buy heads after lvl 80, i prefer to have some fun with my guildies running full FC's, and doing BH's for the much needed drops to fund my PWI addiction.
  • DeepAqua - Heavens Tear
    DeepAqua - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    and BH100 for people that reach 100 gives those yummy cards(Got around 15M just from that this month).

I had to LOL.. kk think about that.

In another month you can can buy 1 stone of savant. 30m
    in another 6 months you can buy 3 for 1 piece of armor
    in another 24 months you can buy 12 for 4 pieces of armor

Congratulations only took you 2 years to get only 4 pieces of armor with end game shards. now +12 all your stuff and get yer demon/sage skills should only be...

well only 8-10 years for end game stuff!!!!!

of course we are assuming inflation slows down and savants arn't 60m in another year..

See where I'm going.

I wanna play a facking game competitivly not start a bloody career.

anyway thats why I am inactive.
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And what exactly made you think he's making all his money from bh100?
    I sure hope he doesn't...
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • DeepAqua - Heavens Tear
    DeepAqua - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And what exactly made you think he's making all his money from bh100?
    I sure hope he doesn't...

just an example of how over inflated and resonably obtainable things are. and unless you merc bh100 IS a significant portion of your income. 15m is ALOT of worthless TT mats now.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:shutup <<<took 8 months from 1 to 100 ( u ish noob by current standards)
    <<< fc'ed only 13 times (OMFG HOW NOOB COULD YOU POSSIBLY GET)
    <<< not planning to get rank gear ( WHAT KIND OF ABNORMALITY ARE YOU?)

strangely all those who commented on me (those in parentheses) quit the game a few weeks later.b:chuckle

Powerlevel too much?

I've been playing for nearly a year now and am just starting to push my main to 100, so I hear ya. Also, no rank gear on her for endgame, which is the fun part. Grinding out Lunar is a relaxation for me now. Lunar solo, that is. I'm all-serious in Lunar squad. Speaking of which, I love the newly level 100 people who have no idea what to do in Lunar. Maybe it's because I'm an abnormal player, but...meh. I'll start running "Learner Lunar"s for people now.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Strangest wc i've ever saw in RT a few days ago...''WTB a glacial walker level 80-90 pm price...''

Apparently the veno buying a pet like that on that level has way too many fc's too many and has no more plans to play the game as it isb:surrender

Haha I saw that WC as well.... too bad my GW is 100. He's just been gathering dust since big ugly made his way into my pet bag. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoultheWolf - Lost City
    SoultheWolf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I honostly have to agree. I see people who are 105 on characters that haven't even been out for a year yet. People who are 101+ full r9 JOSD +12 everything and can't even play their character. People who think all there is to the game is the highest level and the strongest gear. I've played this game for well over three years now and it took me two days of playing just to get to 2x, I buffed a friend yesterday who got his friend to 40 in one frost run on normal exp... now that isn't fair! It took me nearly two years to reach 100, and after three years I'm nearly 103, yet I have NEVER hypered my main in my entire life on PWI. I remember the day where we thought that 8x or 9x was god like, and now unless you aren't 105 you're "fail"?
    The creatures and moniters of this game have became so selfish on here that gold has been hovering at about 1.4mil for over two months, when the game astarted it was about 100k! Its rediculous. I did WQ the other day and only saw two other people on the trail, there used to be several people at EVERY stop. But no, now all you have to do is bring an alt into frost twice and he's 6x-7x. People could be 10x in a week or less if they wanted to. I knew someone who got his alt to 102 in three days with the dragon glitch... that's pathetic. This game may be "free to play" but its definately "pay to win". The sad part is people spend THOUSANDS on this game. Hell for r9 alone its about $1500, not including rep, refines, shards, and getting to 101 or higher. And thousands of people pay that! The few of us out there who decide to farm it have to spend our life on this game just to get the money!

So overal yes, this game is dyeing. Due to greed, laziness, and ignorance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I honostly have to agree. I see people who are 105 on characters that haven't even been out for a year yet. People who are 101+ full r9 JOSD +12 everything and can't even play their character. People who think all there is to the game is the highest level and the strongest gear. I've played this game for well over three years now and it took me two days of playing just to get to 2x, I buffed a friend yesterday who got his friend to 40 in one frost run on normal exp... now that isn't fair! It took me nearly two years to reach 100, and after three years I'm nearly 103, yet I have NEVER hypered my main in my entire life on PWI. I remember the day where we thought that 8x or 9x was god like, and now unless you aren't 105 you're "fail"?
    The creatures and moniters of this game have became so selfish on here that gold has been hovering at about 1.4mil for over two months, when the game astarted it was about 100k! Its rediculous. I did WQ the other day and only saw two other people on the trail, there used to be several people at EVERY stop. But no, now all you have to do is bring an alt into frost twice and he's 6x-7x. People could be 10x in a week or less if they wanted to. I knew someone who got his alt to 102 in three days with the dragon glitch... that's pathetic. This game may be "free to play" but its definately "pay to win". The sad part is people spend THOUSANDS on this game. Hell for r9 alone its about $1500, not including rep, refines, shards, and getting to 101 or higher. And thousands of people pay that! The few of us out there who decide to farm it have to spend our life on this game just to get the money!

So overal yes, this game is dyeing. Due to greed, laziness, and ignorance.

Hi Soul <3 I'm gonna log in for WQ. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • mofoisuisay
    mofoisuisay Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Originally Posted by Nine_Lives - Raging Tide

Apparently the veno buying a pet like that on that level has way too many fc's too many and has no more plans to play the game as it is

Maybe u should try and play a Veno past lvl 70 and see how slow a pet lvls compared to the toon, not the same as it is at lvl 10 ..u might have understood this at the Tideborn quest stage when u rocket from lvl 40 - 45 + in 60 mins, if u had A Veno

b:chuckle
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    "Caster Vana squad lf more, pm me class/link weapon pls! *inserterandomemotehere*"

"Nirv squad lf more, must be r8 at least, pm me plx!"

"APS nirvana squad lf aps DD 4.0 or more, pm me class/aps/link weapon! *insertrandomemotehere*"

There is your day on PWI now...

• Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think on dreamweaver server there are probably about 1500 players an all the rest are alts/alt accounts. Most of the characters you meet are alts. Many are being fced to 100 for bh 100,nirvana keys, or buff slaves. The majority of players have been playing the game for more than a year. Most of the newer people don't last long unless they become cash shopers or get sponsored by existing veteran players.
This discussion has been closed.