So is anyone actually gonna listen to your server commander?

Options
dog10250
dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
"Each server will now also vote on a commander to lead them in the Nation Wars. The Commander makes critical strategic decisions which will influence the entire course of the battle. Choose your Commander wisely!:

...In other words, the entire population of a server will listen to 1 person by PW logic. That doesn't happen. You cannot control over 500 people with just 1 person alone and expect them to react accordingly, and PWI players are not strategists for the most part...were just players who enjoy the game. It's gonna be a mess of 'go wherever you want and ignore the commander, multibox and get as much rewards as possible" just like normal NW. They should have done it faction-wise, with every faction leader commanding their faction like a huge cross-server TW and the people who aren't in a faction can just do as they wish. Also, everyone will want to be "commander" and there will never be a way for the entire server to agree on just 1 person..that's like trying to get everyone in the USA to vote for you as the president, when you know there's gonna be a major split of opinions based on multiple things.
Post edited by dog10250 on

Comments

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    On Tideswell we'll most likely have the most popular idiot person voted as commander. Inb4Tideswell#Rekt.​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Dono In our NWs sometimes someone does kinda guide people.

Time will tell...​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Well, this will be interesting no doubt.

I kinda hope maybe this would help us bond as a server and work together towards a common goal. I don't know about the other servers, but there are still a lot of players with the Lost City vs. Sanctuary mentality on Twilight Temple. We could use some bonding time over here.

It will be difficult to convince so many people to follow just one person, but we'll see how this plays out. Maybe the atmosphere of the competition will motivate people to work together... or maybe nobody will give a damn. fox-19.gif
    ​​
  • misanno
    misanno Posts: 53 Arc User
    Options
    in nw, if i wake up before it starts. i just do whatever the **** i want
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Nope

#thread
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    NO.
    In NW most ppl have the strategy is add as many alts as you can and kill as many ppl as you can to make alot of suply coins.
    And to be honest you dont need a commander cause you dont need a strategy in nw. Or atleast not a complicated one.
    giphy.gif

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    I try to keep my nation going the right direction in NW. It helps a bit but there's always people that don't listen.

Not too worried about alts. Unless they drastically increase the amount of tokens available it won't be worthwhile to bring them. The number of alts dropped dramatically with the server merge.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Options
    On Etherblade Our commander will go afk for alf NW while most of his 9999999 alts are on autoculti doing nothing.
    Also the main order will be something like: ''Warriors!!!! B) Press F12 - Now!!!!!!!!''

For Afkblade Etherblade!!!!!
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Probably not mouse-1.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    Its been years since I've done nw, because its a waste of time. It was profitable early on, and even a bit fun but that was a long time ago. Pvp in this game is just abysmal, 4 hours a week of it would be painful. No one will listen to a commander, because most of them are afk, and the ones that aren't can't even read chat to begin with due to the system message spam.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    Options
    I'd imagine competitive/serious people will. Wouldn't make a difference for me since I'm a one shot for those serious people, so in the unlikely event that I do participate, I'll probably do my usual solo thing.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Considering experience of other pw version, commander can forbid or allow players to enter certain lands according to their soulforce or class, increase contribution for land slightly. Ppl who are eager to try themselves on this role nominate themselves and other vote. One, who gets majority of votes, wins.
    Of course nobody expects that commander will be obeyed by everyone without any objections (:
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah son, you are complaining without having the facts of what the commander can or cannot do.
    m5arXCN.png
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options

I'd imagine competitive/serious people will. Wouldn't make a difference for me since I'm a one shot for those serious people, so in the unlikely event that I do participate, I'll probably do my usual solo thing.

competitive people will listen to the person they want to listen to :P due to the nature of PWI its highly likely thats not the person that actually gets chosen...or on Twilight Temple, impossible, Ill never listen to Desdi!! >:)
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    its probably an npc you vote on..... and different npc's have different abilities.... man people don't even read carefully or think.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    sounds pretty damn useless to me but what do I know...
    banner01.jpg
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Options
    What would the NW times be for Cross server NW, because DawnGlory is a special **** up time zone. Wonder what happens to this server with cross server events
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    If it is an NPC then sure, if it is a player, then no way in Hades
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Ill never listen to Desdi!! >:)

You hurt my feelings. tiger-12.gif​​
  • shade13
    Options
    its probably an npc you vote on..... and different npc's have different abilities.... man people don't even read carefully or think.

No, it's not an npc, it's a player.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    its probably an npc you vote on..... and different npc's have different abilities.... man people don't even read carefully or think.

No, it's not an npc, it's a player.

So you vote at an NPC on who the player is going to be?​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options
    This shall be grounds for more drama on the worldchannel then... Given inter-faction rivalry means leaders from faction X won't be listened to by members of faction Y. And main squads of various factions usually have their own agenda. Generally: "Go to an opposing nation's base and camp it, preventing a lot of lesser geared players from being able to even get out"

It's one of the reasons I've left this game behind me.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This shall be grounds for more drama on the worldchannel then... Given inter-faction rivalry means leaders from faction X won't be listened to by members of faction Y. And main squads of various factions usually have their own agenda. Generally: "Go to an opposing nation's base and camp it, preventing a lot of lesser geared players from being able to even get out"

It's one of the reasons I've left this game behind me.

Then get a neutral leader instead. No one said that the leader has to be someone that is in a faction to begin with. Unless they make that a pre-requisite. Then you still can just vote for whoever.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    I only vote for general summer, provided that if general summer fails, we get to put him on a pike in the middle of the cavalry stampede when the next arch assault hits.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    If the commander has some controls people may just have to suck it up. Can you enter as a squad. Other questions.
  • mertana1988
    mertana1988 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Back when NW was new and shiny (and we only had "Capture the flag" teritories) I often used nation chat to send messages like "Attack Light!", "Dark tries to baselock us! Protect!" and - I am not sure if it was conicidence or not but my nation was usually 1st or 2nd, I didn't know how it is like to be in 4th nation for my first 20 or so NWs.
    Now I don't bother (because baselocking is no longer a threat unless the nation itself sucks badly) and the result of nation I am in is totally random.
  • shade13
    Options
    So you vote at an NPC on who the player is going to be?
    Yes, you have to choose a player form those who are willing to try themselves in this role.
    Then get a neutral leader instead. No one said that the leader has to be someone that is in a faction to begin with. Unless they make that a pre-requisite. Then you still can just vote for whoever.

It's natural to suppose everyone will vote for a popular person. No one will pick absolutely unknown player, because he can be a troll. If a commander sets for example 50k minimal soulforce and required class mystic to enter the land, he literally forbids his nation to defend this land normal-47.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • cynderangel
    Options
    I hope the in game community is better than the forum community.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    Options
    I hope the in game community is better than the forum community.

“All hope abandon, ye who enter here.”
    ― Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • cynderangel
    Options
    102/101/102 cleric