The nerve of some people...

Options
_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Here's a story for you all who are bored and want to read something relating to PWI. In general I'm always nice to anyone I meet/run into ingame, unless of course I know that the person is a jerk after previous encounters with him/her. I always give everyone a benefit of a doubt, but once that's gone and a player leaves a negative impression in my mind, then I will just try to avoid them later on.

So today was the first day I ever ran into this kind of person personally, though I have had heard many stories about these people. About an hour ago, I had just finished my Divine Order purple quests in Momaganon/Lothranis when a faction mate asked if anyone wanted to join in to kill the final boss of Public Quest 3 - Shadowtide. You know, the 28.6m HP that's unampable/non-hfable/non-EP/SSable. Seeing this as an easy way to get at least 3 Shattered Nightspike Crystals, as well as help out a faction member that was a dear friend of mine, I decided to help since it was a win-win situation.

So I got the quest, and noticed two other people who seemed to have duo'd the whole PQ3 up to the final boss. I fly over to the boss area, and just see the two flying, apparently doing nothing. So I flew near them and waited a few minutes. They did nothing. So I dropped down and buffed my friend, and we proceeded to attack the boss.

About halfway in, the couple joined in the fight (the couple's classes were Blademaster and Cleric), and the BM just decided to shoot the boss with a bow from flying above. Not sure why, but we continued to fight.

The boss died, and I was happy to get 6 Shattered Nightspike Crystals because I was the only sin at that point. The couple got their reward too. The Cleric was the only one there so she got her 6 Crystals. Same for the BM since he had a lot more contribution than my BM friend that wanted help.

So about an hour later, someone PMs me saying something like he has "10 screenshots from 10 different sources" or something. I did not even know what he was talking about, so I question him, and he proceeds to basically accuse me of things I never did.

He stated that I was purposefully harassing his granddaughter in PQ3 by "kill-stealing" that boss. Which bewildered me because from my interpretation, it's harassment to them if I go in and help them kill a boss. They didn't even say a single word to me, the people I was squaded with, nor in public chat. If they had said something like "please stop", then I would have gladly stopped.

TL;DR version: So apparently helping people with a PUBLIC quest is considered "purposeful harassment".

The nerve of some people.

You can read the conversation here.

EDIT: Conversation 2 the next day after I was wcing to sell some things (this "grandfather" got on an alternate character since I bl'd the first one (the first person I've ever bl'd in 2+ years of playing. I have a lot of tolerance.)).

And I hope you enjoyed reading this story.
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    wtf? lol
    you only purge once #yopo
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Why u have to kill steal man?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    MansVisa - Raging Tide Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Night and Tigs, not their full character names btw, have nothing better to do then constantly harass people on RT, it's a known fact. GM's should finally step to the plate and ban the both of them. They constantly harass players at S. Banker, openly harassing and degrading people. GM's do your job b:bye
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    "Kill stealing" a Public Quest boss that they still got a reward for?
    Now that's just silly.

Whoever has the fortune of reading that ticket will certainly get a good laugh out of this~b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    "Kill stealing" a Public Quest boss that they were still got a reward for?
    Now that's just silly.

Whoever has the fortune of reading that ticket will certainly get a good laugh out of this~b:chuckle

The two individuals threaten people with tickets dailyb:laugh
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    Mechsiao - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Night and Tigs, not their full character names btw, have nothing better to do then constantly harass people on RT, it's a known fact. GM's should finally step to the plate and ban the both of them. They constantly harass players at S. Banker, openly harassing and degrading people. GM's do your job b:bye

They keep the game in balance.

..the other end, if you know what i'm talking about.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I have SS of this thread and will be submitting to the FBI!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    My only response to those people this.
  • demxhunter
    demxhunter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    only way to handle this would be, **** your 2 old to be playing this game if you have a grand daughter, and you do not have owner ship of this area because it is a public quest..aka mega byte me, cuz what can they really do?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I have SS of this thread and will be submitting to the FBI!

Don't worry, use any words from the list posted here in this article and you will surely get the attention of the Gov't. b:victory

Hundreds of words to avoid using online if you don't want the government spying on you.

Now this thread will be deleted, by the U.S. Gov't!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Glad everyone is thinking exactly what I'm thinking.

I just wanted to share this because generally no one has had a problem with me personally, and since this is the first time in the 2+ years of playing, I thought it'd be worth it to make a post about the story, since I think a lot of people might know about me somewhat.

xD
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Glad everyone is thinking exactly what I'm thinking.

I just wanted to share this because generally no one has had a problem with me personally, and since this is the first time in the 2+ years of playing, I thought it'd be worth it to make a post about the story, since I think a lot of people might know about me somewhat.

xD

_Skai_ , you're one of the nicest most helpful people on our server. Just do what everyone else does with the two tards BL themb:bye
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think there is a reason why they call it a public quest. b:thanks

You shoulda PKed them if you on a PvP server.

Then the babies would have something to wine about.

b:cry
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think there is a reason why they call it a public quest. b:thanks

You shoulda PKed them if you on a PvP server.

Then the babies would have something to wine about.

b:cry

Then they'll spam me saying they have 2948239 screenshots from 32587 sources showing that I was harassing them for killing them b:cry

And thank you Visa :D
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Meh, even if you were intentionally ksing there is no rule against it.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Meh, even if you were intentionally ksing there is no rule against it.

Exactly. And the only thing I fought in PQ3 was the final boss. If the party wanted to accuse me of ksing, they had 7 minutes to do that.
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wow these people have to be dumb....just because you aren't in their squad doesn't mean you aren't in another. Also this is the first I have ever heard of KSing a boss a public quest. Didn't know you could do that with a boss everyone gets credit for if they fight it.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    How come someone with a husband need a grandfather standing up for her?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options

The two people _Skai_ is referring to are rather mentalb:laugh
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Old people play pw :O
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    [...]I was purposefully harassing his granddaughter in PQ3 by "kill-stealing" that boss. [...]

Skai the Vicious Brony finally reveals his true nature.

Let's hope the forces of good will be able to fight this terror before Raging Tides will be plunged into terror and chaos b:avoid
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    eh... idk how to say about those couple. i remember when i did morai daily, there were there. and i send them squad invite, but apprently they ignore it. so i just kill the mob by myself, and Shade kinda rage accusing stealing their mob. talking bad and threat me to report cause she has SS. and she talk about it non stop in common chat and PM. idk what else i can think about them beside Crazy b:shocked
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Let's hope the forces of good will be able to fight this terror before Raging Tides will be plunged into terror and chaos b:avoid

Where's the fun in structure and order?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    eh... idk how to say about those couple. i remember when i did morai daily, there were there. and i send them squad invite, but apprently they ignore it. so i just kill the mob by myself, and Shade kinda rage accusing stealing their mob. talking bad and threat me to report cause she has SS. and she talk about it non stop in common chat and PM. idk what else i can think about them beside Crazy b:shocked

That's sad.

@Empu Lies! D:
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you _Skai_ I would report and ignore them, also keep sending in tickets till something is done about it. b:cute
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Everyone report _Skai_, killing pq boss in 7 minutes b:angry. They must learn pain from that boss b:surrender.

Anyone who farms pq3 will be more than grateful of any help provided on final boss. If someone is worried about their contribution points, simply get 2~2.5k more contribution than the 2nd place in your class before the boss.

With some friends, pq3 before the boss takes 20~30 minutes to clear, but boss takes 15~20 minutes to kill, caster squad of 2. You have no idea how welcome your inclusion would be in our squad.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Everyone report _Skai_, killing pq boss in 7 minutes b:angry. They must learn pain from that boss b:surrender.

Anyone who farms pq3 will be more than grateful of any help provided on final boss. If someone is worried about their contribution points, simply get 2~2.5k more contribution than the 2nd place in your class before the boss.

With some friends, pq3 before the boss takes 20~30 minutes to clear, but boss takes 15~20 minutes to kill, caster squad of 2. You have no idea how welcome your inclusion would be in our squad.

That's what I expected to be honest. My factionmates who needed help thanked me for helping, and I was glad to help, as you probably read.

Never thought it would be the other way around. They basically want to get me banned for helping them out.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Seriously, you can't tell what a troll is by now?
  • Saving_Grace - Raging Tide
    Saving_Grace - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    mwahahahhaa b:laugh

Kill stealing at "who can dish out the most damage" competition!!

mwahahahahhaha b:laugh

Please make that guy read this thread so he knows how haaaaaaaaard we are rofloling-our arses off!!

What's next? Ban Lewis Hamilton from F1 for driving McLaren when he could go on foot?? b:laughb:laugh

lololololololol