Me Eat Tideborns

Options
MagicHamsta - Lost City
MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
So....this be a general all class discussion on ways to eat tideborns.
b:chuckle

well here be me wizard plan....since psychics have that revenge skill....instead of shooting off a single ulti in hopes of 1 shotting em (just in case their revenge move actually deflects it and since assassins have that 1/4 chance to resist attakcs for a minute)....undine/sutra combo should work

anyone know any ideas for barb/bm/archer/cleric/venomancer/psychic/assassin?
darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
Hawk:Do this. closing thread
frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
58% chance to get tokens
41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by MagicHamsta - Lost City on

Comments

• Souryuu - Heavens Tear
    Souryuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I eat hamsters. b:chuckle
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I eat hamsters. b:chuckle

I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER!!!

b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver
    Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So....this be a general all class discussion on ways to eat tideborns.

well here be me wizard plan....since psychics have that revenge skill....instead of shooting off a single ulti in hopes of 1 shotting em (just in case their revenge move actually deflects it and since assassins have that 1/4 chance to resist attakcs for a minute)....undine/sutra combo should work

anyone know any ideas for barb/bm/archer/cleric/venomancer/psychic/assassin?

i ate a psychic no problem with 1 attack they are very squishy
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    for clerics

sleep them > make fun of them to death > eat them b:dirty
    b:dirty
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Seeing as you're still a low level I wouldn't hold your point of view as absolute until you know you face an experienced Psychic with more skills available, and your own, of course.

As far as the thread goes, I would use the usual tactic I use with wizards, but I don't know psychics well.. As far as Assassins go I would treat them like BM's..
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Seeing as you're still a low level I wouldn't hold your point of view as absolute until you know you face an experienced Psychic with more skills available, and your own, of course.

^this.

this are serious thread.
    me want serious answers.

seems like archers might make a good anti assassin....the archer normal attack bug just might end up killing tideborns after their revive spell thingy ticks.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nami - Raging Tide
    Nami - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    dont eat me sir b:surrender
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Let's see... Greens, Fruit, Water... nope, don't see Meat (whether from fish or land critters) on the list of foods Hamsters eat, so I advise not eating Tideborn, MagicHamsta... probably give you bad indigestion. Can I offer you some Peant Oil?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yesh please.
    b:beg
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Alright everyone, time for a good, old fashioned fish fry. Yeehaw! b:chuckle
  • Poizon - Harshlands
    Poizon - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    When assassins get invis, pvp gonna get intresting ;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malley - Lost City
    Malley - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    logged in with my bm and sweeped orical spots looken for tideborn today
    found 3 assassins lvl 40s all three had lvl 80+ "helpers" but only one was botting "him and his helper would turn at the exact same time when I got close"
    so being the terrable pker I am I rushed in and used my ultis killed each one in one shot, afterword i was oneshotted by the "helpers" later on they would call for guild help and thered be 2 lvl 90s waiting around

didnt stop me from killing the fish b:pleased
  • Iris - Raging Tide
    Iris - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pssh, all TBs are water element. Sandstorm -> 1 hit b:chuckle
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear50
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear50 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'll just list what I know from my 3 characters:

Assassin (lvl 62) - Stealth, Chi skill, Teleport stun, splistream strike or w/e
    or - Stealth, chi skill, teleport, sleep attack, spark, finish with slipstream or w/e

Veno (lvl 76 w/ Herc) - Send pet in, ironwood, bramblehood, lucky scarab *and hope for stun*, finish them off with w/e

BM (lvl 75 Axe / fist)
    Axe - Cloud sprint to them, heaven's flame, finish with w/e skill
    Axe 2 - cloud sprint, drake bash, stun lock them to death
    Fist - cloud sprint, punch the, to death (seriously works)
    Fist 2 - cloud sprint, interupt skill, finish with w/e skill combo you choose

I don't have much exp dueling with my BM, and don't remember the skill names to save my life. >.>
    lol
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The new classes are powerful, but they're also pretty squishy at the moment too. I'd definitely say that watching their skill animations and knowing what they are will help. With classes against a psychic, it's key to know what moves are the retaliation and etc. For instance the short pdmg immunity psychics have is very distinct, and Retaliation is very easily missable due to its short cast time. Debuffing yourself in battle would be disastrous.

In fact, the highest channeling time a psychic has is Soulburn at 2.1 seconds. Even the ultis are a shorter cast time at 1.8 and 1 second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On my barb I have very little problems with either class.

Assassins? They come out of stealth and start attacking me. I sit there laughing at their damage (physical damage on heavy armor? It's like an archer only without the metal skills) And then mighty swing, armor penetrate, onslaught, dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ill just pound their head in until they scream uncle b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    seems like archers might make a good anti assassin....the archer normal attack bug just might end up killing tideborns after their revive spell thingy ticks.
    xD

Well, yes, that /could/ work. But Assassins have a teleport skill which dumps them right on top of their target. Given the Archers' attack is based on how much distance is between them and the target... that's a lot of attack power suddenly down the drain. Combo the teleport with stun or bleed > sleep and things could get ugly for an Archer real fast.

lvl100ea wrote: »
    On my barb I have very little problems with either class.

Assassins? They come out of stealth and start attacking me. I sit there laughing at their damage (physical damage on heavy armor? It's like an archer only without the metal skills) And then mighty swing, armor penetrate, onslaught, dead.

There's a Genie skill called Impact that reduces armor defense plus does water damage. While I'm not saying that would be enough to negate your armor completely, or take you down quickly, I am saying it is a potent skill, especially on a Strength-based Genie (Impact gets extra boosts in attack and armor defense reduction based on how much Strength the Genie has).

Also, Bleed > sleep and Bleed > stun > long-range attack are painful combos. Given how much HP a Barb tends to have, though, I doubt those alone could take you down. But if the 'Sin in question was fast enough to pull of those combos, and refresh them fast enough to keep their effects going for long periods of time, you could be dead before you could ever actually move. (Of note, my secondary char, an Assassin, is no where near a high enough level for me to do any kind of real PVPing, so I have no real idea if the above is even physically possible)

/end my two cents.
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In a 1vs1 situation I just can't see an assassin dealing enough damage to take down a charmed barb.

Also level 79 barbs get a skill to give them immunity to sleep/stun/freeze for a while. Long enough to get in to kill the assassin.

It's just the way that the fight is set up that gives the barb a huge advantage.

Physical attack hitting someone with very high Pdef and very high HP

Physical attack hitting someone with very low Pdef and low HP

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

i am not squishy. I EATS U NOM NOM NOM!!!! b:angry
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Okay, so I want to throw in some of my opinions... Wasn't it thought for a long time, that fist BMs were the best to take down barbs? So, sins, being stronger than fist BMs it seems, should have an easier time at it, right? Not too sure, never got into a BM much, and havent lvled a sin... What I heard about sins though, is that they could probably rip through magic users very, very easily, but it seems that if the sin doesn't get the first hit, they will be killed easily. Psychics appear to have very fast casting spells, compared to mages and clerics, and decent damage too. I haven't been around many upper level psychics, but I think that they might be more like the "archer" of magic, with quick attacks that are fairly strong, but not the best, leading me to believe that if you get the first hit off of a psychic, they will drop easily. So basically, suming everything up, the TB classes have unique abilities and posses alot of power, but are fairly easy to kill.

Just some thoughts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Stun shot > Normal > aim low > Normal
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You know assassins are gonna get a 1 hit kill skill at 79 or 100. No point in speculating how to kill them. b:chuckle
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    You know assassins are gonna get a 1 hit kill skill at 79 or 100. No point in speculating how to kill them. b:chuckle

No doubt it'll be a last ditch type skill where there's a 50% chance to kill you in one hit and a 50% chance to fail attempted last ditch resulting in the sin's tragic suicide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No doubt it'll be a last ditch type skill where there's a 50% chance to kill you in one hit and a 50% chance to fail attempted last ditch resulting in the sin's tragic suicide.

(O.O)
    make the chances 60% to suicide and 30% to work with a 10% chance to fail completely and stun yourself and me would be SOOO for this.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ^this.

this are serious thread.
    me want serious answers.

xD
    I have to disagree I'm level 70 psychic now so i hope my opinion counts.I just owned an archer lvl 85.had on me silence and stun curses.When the duel timer was at 1 i cast psychic will while the archer was chan some skill(the red one deadly shot i think it's the name).Totally resisted it he got silenced and stunned for 2 secs from my curses time enough for me to cast earth vector then landslide,spirit blast and aqua impact and there you go a 4k unbuffed lvl 85 archer dead.

For bms is alsmost the same have this time silence and retaliation to block his stun lock.Then go psychic will since he does phy dmg too and cast soulburn.His attacks get's resisted while he takes back 1-2k dmg for his every hit depending on your lvl vs his equip and lvl.then use usually landslide to finish him.This combo kills around 7k hp so you can do a lvl 80 bm pretty easy.

Mind you all this must be done fast and had at the right time so spend less time at killing oracle mobs and more at learning.
    Well since Hamsta asked for ways to kill me i have to say i have venos,well to be honest the pets.Even if they have a stupid golem they still take 2-3 hits to die and if they get to hit you they do serious dmg.
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have to disagree I'm level 70 psychic now so i hope my opinion counts.I just owned an archer lvl 85.had on me silence and stun curses.When the duel timer was at 1 i cast psychic will while the archer was chan some skill(the red one deadly shot i think it's the name).Totally resisted it he got silenced and stunned for 2 secs from my curses time enough for me to cast earth vector then landslide,spirit blast and aqua impact and there you go a 4k unbuffed lvl 85 archer dead.

For bms is alsmost the same have this time silence and retaliation to block his stun lock.Then go psychic will since he does phy dmg too and cast soulburn.His attacks get's resisted while he takes back 1-2k dmg for his every hit depending on your lvl vs his equip and lvl.then use usually landslide to finish him.This combo kills around 7k hp so you can do a lvl 80 bm pretty easy.

Mind you all this must be done fast and had at the right time so spend less time at killing oracle mobs and more at learning.
    Well since Hamsta asked for ways to kill me i have to say i have venos,well to be honest the pets.Even if they have a stupid golem they still take 2-3 hits to die and if they get to hit you they do serious dmg.

i knew that silence wasnt useless. I read some guide some guy wrote on the psyci forum saying the skill is useless and should never be used. But i'v been using it, and when it does work.. its friggin awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options

._.
    me can see you didn't bother to read...
    me said that ARCHERS might make a good anti ASSASSIN since they has the glitch that makes them shoot stuff after they die....which would counter the revive thing that assassins have...
    you just went off and started talking about ARCHERS and PSYCHICS.

good indirect suggestion though that our control skills could fail on psychics.
    b:shocked
    also yep venos (especially with nix) hurts...
    b:cry
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I dueled this level 70 psychic once, he had uber gear and all his level 79 skills. He tried to cast this level 89 skill on me but I shrugged it off. When I sent my nix in to finish it, he used his level 100 skill to kill me. Good thing I turned into a fox and cast my level 150 skill on him in time to win the duel against this level 200 psychic.. Ahh the memories ;o)

Anyone seen my ginko biloba? I seem to have misplaced..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sorry didn't bothered to edit your post i only ment the part"me want serious thread,me want serious answers".I promise next time i'll edit properly to avoid missuderstandings.
    @Dandelyn Good one for a sec i thought you were serious and was like "wth what 79 skills?" veno 1 psychic 0 :)