PWI, you need to pay attention to what ads you put up

Options

Comments

• Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've had problems with Chrome, haven't tried on IE though.

Haven't seen it in a few hours actually O_o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Culprit is PWI don't lie to us >_>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Meimeixo - Heavens Tear
    Meimeixo - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This happens to me too on Firefox, so I just gave up and use IE just to get on forums now b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hey atleast you dont get
    "weight loss"
    ads >.>'
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm having the same problem as well. And the forums apparently just tried to take me to a page with a virus on it.(My firewalls and virus protection blocked it, of course.) I do use Firefox, posting this from IE which I never use. But, seriously, this is ridiculous.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Same here, I always use Firefox, but forums stopped working with it. So Internet Explorer should do until the forums are back to normal.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This happens to me too on Firefox, so I just gave up and use IE just to get on forums now b:surrender

I got the same problem as well b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It doesn't seem to be a specific add, though it may have been tied to an original add causing the issue that applies to all the other adds. The ad page that it causes the redirect to, never loads, but seems to be using a significant amount of bandwidth trying to load. Don't have a specific page it's redirecting to, because it maintains the forum url as the url line. It maintains the following line: Transferring data from googleads.g.doubleclick.net... After leaving it on that page for 7 minutes, it appears about 30% complete while maintaining use of about 150k bandwidth... I'm not gonna let it complete...

I am also having the issue still as well. Frankie, as she said, the page it tries to load on redirection appears as googleads.g.doubleclick.net, and like Aneurysmal, the page uses up an extreme amount of bandwidth, yet never loads.
    Strangely though, if I block googleads.g.doubleclick.net, then I still get redirected, only this time I get "Transferring data from googleadservices.com..."

And it appears that only blocking googleadservices.com is enough to stop the issue.
    It seems like the problem may be some sort of error in how the ads load, perhaps causing them to immediately register as having been clicked, thereby causing the redirection.

Oh yes, and I want to thank you, Frankie, for promptly working on this issue with us here. +6 Respect Points
    Culprit is ME don't lie to us >_>.

Fixed.

Way to get your post count up, do you enjoy being an ignoramus?
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I got the same problem as well b:sad
    HA!
    I wanted to say that.
    I am also having the issue still as well. Frankie, as she said, the page it tries to load on redirection...

He, actually.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Integra_ - Raging Tide
    Integra_ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I had this problem and I upgraded to FireFox 4, seems to have done the trick.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Also having this redirecting problem as well. whatever is causing it... the AD company has not solved the problem. Using firefox 3.6 as well, by the way.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you run Firefox, others reporting this problem have said that checking the option for "no scripts" seems to take care of the issue. Personally, I have a phone that I use for the forums, and my Javascript browser doesn't work while the original phone browser works perfectly fine.

Oh, and I'm going to merge this topic with the one in GD, so that frankie can take a look at it and keep on marketing about this issue.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I too am havign this problem while using firefox in school. i use primarily firefox at home with noscript running(as general protection from script-based attacks) and i never have a problem. anyone having probs with firefox should get no-script and learn to use it well. it may be a pain for the first few days, but once you get the prefs for your fav pages, it will be better.

in general most pages that are not really upscale, have some sort of ad engine running on them. so using noscript in this fashion addresses probs on many fronts. just get the addon, and deal with a few mins of setting prefs on your favorite pages and be happy you haven't been key-logged yet.(key-logging apparently ia becoming a big problem nowadays and ppl are not really paying attention enough while online)
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Misunderstood, Kritty.

I wasn't referring to Frankie, I was speaking to Frankie, referring to Aneurysmal.b:chuckle
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Oh, and I'm going to merge this topic with the one in GD, so that frankie can take a look at it and keep on marketing about this issue.
    Misunderstood, Kritty.

I wasn't referring to Frankie, I was speaking to Frankie, referring to Aneurysmal.b:chuckle

My post was moved here with a thread out of Technical Support Zone, sorry for confusing you.b:chuckle

Anyway, I just had a problem on IE. When I was loading a page of the forums, my Norton Antivirus stopped the page from loading, apparently due to a fake AV download site trying to load up. This can be a serious problem, so I hope that the ad company deals with that swiftly.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Anyway, I just had a problem on IE. When I was loading a page of the forums, my Norton Antivirus stopped the page from loading, apparently due to a fake AV download site trying to load up. This can be a serious problem, so I hope that the ad company deals with that swiftly.

I've been getting the same thing happening once in a while. I'd say it's a very serious problem. I know plenty of people who play the game and use the forums who aren't exactly computer-savy, so getting a virus -from- PWI's own forums seems like it would be quite the issue.

Since I managed to get into the forums using IE(Hardly twelve hours ago, ten of which I've been offline.) I've had attempted virus attacks get eliminated roughly six times.
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    it hapens to me too....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    it hapens to me too....

I use AdBlock and blocked anything related to Google Services and it did the trick so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Misunderstood, Kritty.

Either way, *he* would've been applicable. Male psychic icon just has long hair.

Also, disabling javascript worked, and completely blocked the adbox, doublewin!

Downside, disabling javascript blocked the facebook connect. Oh well, guess I only use forums from chrome now.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Any new feedback frankie?
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    happened to my firefox as well, had to use no script .-. Exactly same problem as OP had
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So, I take it we're still waiting to get some sort of response about this problem? Is it just me or is the site getting a little run down? I've had this same problem before on the forums, no one can upload comic submissions in the photo section..I'm just saying. I thought that things were "revamped" when they prettied the place up for Genesis.
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    okie this is happening to me too...and i use Firefox....its just an add trying to open up and not getting anywhere :p

So far I updated to Firefox 4.0 now and its not happening....dont know if it fixed it or the add is rotated out of the picture as of right now....crosses fingers
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i have noticed even with adblock my avast says that there is a few virus files when it comes to clicking around on pwi forums. next time it happens i will post a ss here. and i am using google chrome not firefox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    okie this is happening to me too...and i use Firefox....its just an add trying to open up and not getting anywhere :p

So far I updated to Firefox 4.0 now and its not happening....dont know if it fixed it or the add is rotated out of the picture as of right now....crosses fingers

Yep, after updating to the latest Firefox, it doesn't happen anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    does 4.0 still have the annoying bug of using 90%+ cpu ? thats the reason i had to go back to 3.6 before
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    just why is everyone so against using no-script (which to my knowledge is also available for chrome now)??

in general it means more secure browsing and less threat of infection no matter where you go. all you have to do is learn which processes to allow. for me, i only allow the main url of the page and any .cdn's that need to run. then i look at whats left and pick and choose if it interrupts any functionality i want on the site.

attacks like these are only going to grow all over the net in everyplace where people become complacent and lazy. AV/ASpy programs are just not enough nowadays. just using norton is not effective, as most viruses are created to bypass the most common scanning engine (the ones norton and mcafee use). install immunet (which is clamWIN from the linux-verse) as a back-up AV and if you dont wanna pay, get AVAST! free.

protect yourself, because apparently nobody else cares enough to.
  • kriviox
    kriviox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have Firefox with AdBlocker and I have NEVER had an add pop up, I didn't even know PWI had adds on here lol. Never happened in the older versions of Firefox to me either..

Have you considered that it could be something with your comptuer/virus/hacker. I know I had a hacker once who put... naughty things on my desktop (was 12 lol, it was weird to explain to my parents and how to fix b:chuckle)

If you use Nortan anti virus or Trend -- I wouldn't be surprised. I've used both in the past and have had many viruses sneak by. Personally, I recommend Kespersky and it's around the same price. I enjoy it, easy to use, easy to do, and keeps my computer safe. I ran it on my computer back up pasport and it found the virus that completely trashed my other computer and got rid of it. (it had gotten into my system and even doing a system restore didn't help, they had messed up it, bought restore disks and that STILL failed, my old computer is as dead to me as if i threw it in a pool)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ads are still glitching Firefox 3.x and Opera.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Still no issues in IE9.

b:chuckle lolfirefox