What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new lockbox

Comments

• Options
    blackurn1blackurn1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm done with lock boxes. I've purchased around 80 keys and have yet to get anything I couldn't have purchased cheaper at the auction. And that alchemy profession pack was horrible - anyone want 27 alchemists assets?!? Sorry, Cryptic, until you make sure I'm not going to get a couple rank 5 enchantments and 10 tarmalune trade bars for my money (for the umpteenth time), no more lock boxes for me.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You are one of the few unlucky ones then, within 90 minutes I have seen dozens of Kessll's Spheres of Annihilation and Tenser's Floating Disks awarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've never bought any lockboxes, and I'll continue doing so, I've never had much luck at gambling XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I wouldn't have mind paying well for it. But I don't pay for chances that are next to 0.

I understand that it's not nearly as appealing as an account-unlock, but the AH does have a 100% drop rate.

Whenever I absolutely have my heart set on that one lockbox goodie, that's how I acquire it. (But I do usually only want the thing on one or some characters, not all.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You are one of the few unlucky ones then, within 90 minutes I have seen dozens of Kessll's Spheres of Annihilation and Tenser's Floating Disks awarded.

That's because a load of people are opening them. Most people opening a relatively decent amount of lockboxes will be 'unlucky'. I got 10 for the hell of it and didn't get anything special which isn't that unexpected. I'd consider buying the floating disk at some point because it's cool, but when you can only use it on 1 toon and cw are getting nerfed, I'd rather not be hasty. I really wish they'd at least make them bta on equip to make it transferable to your account at least. What's the point in spending so much money that is way less practical than a zen mount that you potentially won't ever get to use again. I don't know why people bother spending so much with such low drop rates. Personally I'd rather support a company that actually cares somewhat.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    That's because a load of people are opening them. Most people opening a relatively decent amount of lockboxes will be 'unlucky'. I got 10 for the hell of it and didn't get anything special which isn't that unexpected. I'd consider buying the floating disk at some point because it's cool, but when you can only use it on 1 toon and cw are getting nerfed, I'd rather not be hasty.

Sorry, that was supposed a snide comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, that was supposed a snide comment.

Was hard to tell, and who in particular you meant :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Either the Floating Discs are all being bought as soon as they're posted or they suffer from the not-searchable-in-AH bug.

Incidentally, at least Gateway does not allow filtering items by "Legendary" quality.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yep. The people/(and such) open 100s of boxes all in a row. You'll see the
    same person's name over and over. They resell the winnings for diamonds.
    So the win rate of the good stuff is still small, it just looks like everyone wins.
    Volume.

I like that they made Tensors Disk, and Morte the Skull from the old computer game.
    (Now they need a defective Modron companion. ;) )

Have to see if I can ever afford the AH prices.

Oh. Spheres of Annihilation.... yikes.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Either the Floating Discs are all being bought as soon as they're posted or they suffer from the not-searchable-in-AH bug.

Incidentally, at least Gateway does not allow filtering items by "Legendary" quality.

Probably because they are all waiting to see, what the first seller asks for.
    I think we are going to see some ludicrous prices for this mount.

• Options
    reshomiiiireshomiiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25
    edited June 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    opened 75 lock box was hugely dissapointed didnt get a thing. :(

You think you have it bad.... i just opend 460 of the god **** things and didnt get a single epic never going to buy keys again
  • Options
    shavaruinshavaruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    do you mind if I inquire how you got the necessary 25-33m AD (depending on mode of purchase) to get 460 keys?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shavaruin wrote: »
    do you mind if I inquire how you got the necessary 25-33m AD (depending on mode of purchase) to get 460 keys?

Maybe they actually bought Zen?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I opened about 170 boxes, got the floating skull as the only epic (and OF COURSE I named him Morte!). Got a boatload of trade bars, enchantments, companion XP books, etc. etc. Now if my Dread Warrior companion could light up the entry on the collections page so I can finally finish that category...

I really wanted the disc for my CW, I guess I'll just buy it on the AH.
    Okay devs, you KNOW what I want for the next lockbox companion: it starts with "red" and ends with "cap"!

(now what would be *really* interesting would be if, upon binding, the redcap you got depended on your class!)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    How do you know they didn't pay with (gasp!) real money?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'll open my traditional 'just one box' and then beat myself up about it when I get bugger all. Can't help myself.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    reshomiiiireshomiiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25
    edited June 2014
    shavaruin wrote: »

lots and lots of auctions sold broke as a joke now >.>
  • Options
    sigwald01sigwald01 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A flying disk mount ...arrgghh! I tries to get out but they pulllls me back in! ;)
    Volaticum Letum
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    30 keys got 1 disc
    sold for 1500keys = profit
    hahahahaha! i love you cryptic!
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    &!@^#% THE DISK!
    I want MORT!!!!

Thongs for Tyflings cannot be far behind....................

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd love to see that,but only if they're for both genders XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    30 keys got 1 disc

1,500 keys? I know the disk is cool and new and all but Jesus.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    460 keys is less than $50 (US).
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Maybe they actually bought Zen?
  • Options
    eryndeleryndel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    460 keys is less than $50 (US).

I hate to be the math geek on this one, but right now (on sale) 10 keys is going for roughly 1000 zen which is roughly $10 US (not including the discount on Zen). One can think of it as roughly a dollar a key, so 460 keys is roughly $460 US.

That said, I don't lot's of folks who'll budget $500 or so for a trip to Vegas. This isn't all that different.
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    30 keys got 1 disc

Either some serious over exaggeration here or there are some genuinely <redacted> people playing neverwinter , the equivalent of around $1500 dollars for a character bound mount , I'd rather sell the keys on ebay and buy a second hand scooter or moped .
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    1500 keys?

Maybe you meant 150 keys which would put it in the 6-9mil range.
  • Options
    hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hey, if he says he got 72 million AD for the disk I believe him.
  • Options
    ivey558ivey558 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    opened 500 lockboxes today and got about 4k tarmalune bars, some useless blue stuff, and 2 epics.
  • Options
    redcrosskn1ghtredcrosskn1ght Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    HA, I've opened over 5000+ boxes and no Disc!
  • Options
    nwknight5280nwknight5280 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    30 keys got 1 disc

Did you notice the keys are now BoA?
    "We cannna bring a troll to fire, but we can bring fire to the troll" - old dwarvish proverb