test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

let start new suggestion for dyes "wishlist"

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
edited April 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
some of dyes doesnt look great, some are too dark or wrong color in any 3 themes.

Primary, 2nd base, and trims.

example:
Red, Black, and White (Crimson Midnight dye)
Red, White, and Black (Red Dawn Morning dye)
White, Red, and Black (Blanca Rose dye)
White, Black, and Red (Checker Chessmen dye)
Black, White, and Red (Midnight Stars dye)
Black, Red, and White (Ebon Dawn dye)

some players want lighter tint and some others want darker tint.
i had played Champions, they do have brighter tones and very vivid themes, DCUO has more color scaling, and ESO has different color themes in lot of ways to access by quest rewards or buying from crown market when they have seasonal themes, color palates is huge.

i just want more color choices, what we have, are too limited. since mod 16, nearly all characters feel like cookie cutter clones and base on limited dyes.

all those single color are just base universal coloring, cant choose for primary, or 2nd base or trims or selectable.

example, i want gold for trims and buttons, and seem we dont have that options.
for Metal, Leathers, and clothes, and the trimmings (buttons, threads, and embrodery)

just one more thing, wonder why we hadnt seen any dyes in any lockboxes? if players dont want in lockboxes but instead want in zen, make it availeble on zen market and cheap.

Comments

• Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Why cant alchemists make single color dyes?
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    good question, wonder why or limited to zen market? dont know why each character only get 1 kind once instead of set of 4 for full armor set in early stages of quests. each character get 4 random mismatched single colors and bounded.

i just wanted to hear what you all thinks for dye wishlist, let posting!
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    This has been asked so many times.
    I came to NW from STO originally, and the amount of customization you have in STO is unbelievable.
    It would be so nice to give us additional colors... single, themed, I don't care... just give us more options.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    They need to create more single color dyes.

Like yellow.

And create alternate shades of existing colors.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

Let me sell this garbage when I get it as a reward. I don't use any of it, and end up discarding it, so it is worthless to me.

Most of the dyes I've received in game were all unbound and able to be sold on AH.

There were a few instances where they were BtC (like the silly packs you get as you level up).
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

Let me sell this garbage when I get it as a reward. I don't use any of it, and end up discarding it, so it is worthless to me.

I guess you never try to sell them. People were making AD selling them, at least, in the past. The black one used to be sold for a lot of AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mindachemindache Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    less dye packs and more bottles of dyes... I already asked for orange and whiter white but because of I don't remember what whiter white is out of question (it had something to do with the textures and the game engine iirc) but getting certain shades of colours from the existing packs would be nice! can I get a yay for orange? :D
    <font color="FireBrick">All we ask for is satisfaction.</font>
  • Options
    aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Single dyes, lots of them.

Dye packs have the inherent disadvantage of having colors on the wrong layer, or colors which would be a good replacement for one of the layers not being available. Of course at some point having more single dyes would alleviate the latter issue to some degree. Example from OP I can already tell I won't like the red hue judging from other dye packs... but there's only one "normal" red to pick as single dye.
    wylonus said:

just one more thing, wonder why we hadnt seen any dyes in any lockboxes? if players dont want in lockboxes but instead want in zen, make it availeble on zen market and cheap.

Fashion pack from one of the more recent old style lockboxes has a chance to drop dyes including yellow single color dye. Unfortunately both the fashion pack and the yellow dye are relatively rare drops.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    How about just being able to mix the single dye colors? It is not an original idea, they did it in Guild Wars the original game. Surely this concept could work either through the professions or just by making a new user interface for it.

Guild Wars allowed us to place up to 4 dyes of a single color into slot to create a new color combination.

The concept is fairly simple and is used by anyone who has worked with filters in digital photos.

That is my dye request, no real need to make new colors or combos, if we are allowed to mix them.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for this thread! I'll pass it on to our art lead :)
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I have 1 simple request if new dyes are made, I'd like to see an orange bottle of dye get released. We have red and yellow bottles of dye but only way to get orange is from a select few dye packs.

Update: It would appear yellow dye packs aren't commonly available though they do exist, they aren't in tradebar store and only ones posted are overpriced.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

Thanks for this thread! I'll pass it on to our art lead :)

Excellent! One of the simple things I've always wished to do was simply to be able to make a dye bottle that contained the same color as that from a piece of armor I had. Case in point: My CW wears a couple of pieces of Arcane Overseer armor (it's *super* old and isn't obtainable today). The primary color is not quite red: it's ever-so-slightly pinkish. Head and arm pieces of Arcane Overseer were never made -- only chest, feet, primary, and offhand, though there are head and arm *skins* from other armors that go with them. Due to the special color, however, today I can't make them properly match the rest of the ensemble. Being able to make a dye that matches the existing "slightly pink" red would let me make a complete armor set that properly matches.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured