test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many (PvE) Rouges are left...

Comments

• Options
    theredgodz#4642 theredgodz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Love the topic, great to get some exposure on fellow TRs lack of usage in top teir dungeons.

As for me friendslist i have 2 TRS and i would only consider using 1 for tong the reason being he's played a TR from release maxed that bad boy out and i can confidently say he wreaks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lol (he's on ps4 names Risk).

TRs get a bad wrap, but at bis/near bis they are the same as every other dps (except they use smoke bomb which is sick! i main a gf and love the extra breaks from tong mobs hahah).

Ppl who have played support classes should try out the TRS they fun and challenging.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Hi fellow TRs!

Semper-Fidelis guild.

I am one of the guild leaders and despite our guild name, most of my guildies are casuals. Our SH is still level 14, although now we got an influx of nice and much more active players, so things went frankly into overdrive. We got 141 accounts, of course the daily active members are much less. Our boons are more or less half way.

Active TR players: 1, that's me. We got a ton, who have now shelved their TR as invoking/profession slave or are playing it only as a farmer toon for INF or weeklies.

Sad thing, cause as one of my newer guildies, a very nice lady pointed out after trying the TR, that it's mainly a bad perception in the head of NW community.

I run an own build, no cookie cutter there, no copy of somebody else's build. It's getting always updated on our webpage and discussed on our Discord servers. Not bragging, but i have run a few with some big guns, Twitchers, YouTubers and they all got their fair share, even had some rage quit from FBI after seeing what a TR can do.

Anyways i will be damn harsh here, but all the truth, which is on my heart:

1. TR needs more skill in the head, as you guys already pointed out.

2. Since we are now pure DPS (no more control builds), we are also more gear dependent, this of course hampers the newbie TR players and the ones who just go by numbers and judge those rookies think, all are mediocre, omg they couldn't be far more from reality. Sure we need some Dev love, specially to our at-wills, but it's not so bad, that we would have to arrange the burial.

3. Many zerg channels have allowed elitism to grow to unbelievable distances just to keep their player base. (Just think about LFM 16K+ for esot or CN.)

4. Most players lack basic knowledge of most classes outside of their own, so they don't even know, how to value a good TR.

5. Hand on heart, the HAMSTER that was/is going on with those childishly easy and cheesy perma builds in PVP for ages have led a ritual hatred against this beautifully versatile class and it all boiled down to PVE and we got the short end.

6. Sadly the NW TR community has it's own issues as well. Let me explain, i have a few active TR players on my friend list, but instead of uniting under one flag for the common good, the rivalry is still going on and is far worse than average sports. I had a few TR buddies, who got into ToNG and instead of promoting us, they made sure, if one TR gets invited it may only be them, fearing for their positions like mad.

7. New META is for lazy people or the ones, who just want to run easy farm runs. We all know it can be done outside the META, but it is at it is. Some would say my time is limited, sure, but i see enough16-17K players, who are online for many many hours and without a crutch, like and over secured party can't even set one foot after the other. These people simply fear their egos and they are perfectly fine and support current META to stay, they don't want change.

All in all, only Cryptic has the power to play the kindergarten nanny and change the current META and make a TR (and our SW and control class brethren) viable again.

P.S: How many ToNGs have i done? Well, 2 so far, and i consider myself lucky, i know many TRs, who didn't had the chance to set foot in there and if the META doesn't change the class will be a niche, if not already. Some would say, build your own party. I would respond, since most of my causal guildies aren't yet able to run it, i am not begging or not fiddling with this boring META.

Good luck to all the remaining PVE TRs, may 2018 bring better Mods for us!

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Well, dunno what kind of guilds you're in, but my guild insists on taking whoever fills a required role. So I don't exactly get a TR as 3rd DPS in tong, but then again, I wouldn't necessarily take a GWF or a HR either. And that applies to my entire guild.

So since I main a DPS, I'd take a tank (either class, AoC is nice but not mandatory), an ACDC is nice for last boss and the ministun but not a must-have even though its annoying. If not ACDC, then a templock works well, a buffer/debuffer - DODC or a MoF for instance, and then last slot can be filled with any.
    People need to learn that meta classes aren't be-all end-all of the game. But the devs didn't help much either - they made REALLY hard content, gated one of the most important items behind that content, and then people get pissed off because they ain't in the uber-fast meta groups because of their class. So people HAVE to run the hard and long content (lul no innuendos here), but unless it's an uber-group or just simply a meta group, it will be slow, therefore not very efficient, so people won't want to run those slower runs.

The way out of this isn't a nerf for other classes (that content is already slow enough considering the drop rate of UES) but a rework or even buff to others. You can maybe do that by increasing level cap and giving say, pallies, DCs and GFs some HAMSTER tier feats (they're already strong enough and found in EVERY meta run) and giving SWs and TRs some really, REALLY good feats. Something that outright increases damage output by x%. Works well, and won't have issues being redundant later down the line.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @talon1970 said:
    > in your Guild, Alliance, Friendlist?
    >
    > This is an Question, i am asking myself in the last couple of days.
    > And i am asking about active played Mainchars, or even Twinks played constantly be it on "normal" content up to endgame.
    > And how many people stopped playing it, and are playing now an "proper" Class instead.
    > And, more important, how many would play an Tr again, if some minor changes would be made, to bring on more balance between the classes.
    >
    > Please people, one small rule:
    >
    > Don't call for nerfs against other classes, we all deserves, that our favourite class acts as good as possible, bc everyone spends a lot of time and investements (be it Rp, Ad or Cash) in our Toons, and so do we as an Tr.
    >
    > Pls fellow Cw and Sw, feel free to open an similar Topic, to show the devs how do you feel about the current state of your class.
    >
    > And even if some user here don't play an Tr, i would apprecciate, if they were asking in their guild/alliance and post the result here, be it on Pc, xbox or Ps4.
    >
    > So lets start:
    >
    > The Guild i am in:
    >
    > Loothochdruck (small german guild smth about 15 players), active played Trs: 1.... (me, but i also play an Dc [very bad], or maybe in the near future an OP [even worser], bc small guilds has often the problem, too many dps chars, and lacking on supporters.
    > Am i am able to run content/endcontent?
    > Yes and i like to run with the so called "meta group", bc i have no "struggle" or "fight" against other dps classes, it would for me far more dissapointing and stressfull to run with an second or third dps class in again.
    > Dumped Tr: 4
    > Two of them are maining an Dc now, one and Op, and one is double screwed, bc he changed his mainchar to an SW, but he is very inactive since half an year bc of studying.
    > Would they play an Tr again?
    > Two of them maybe, the other two...I don't think so.
    >
    > It would be nice if some devs like
    >
    > @nitocris83
    > @rgutscheradev
    > @terramak
    > @miasmat
    >
    > or others would take an look from time to time on this posts, to see again, how many people feel about their favourite class.

15k tr here
    I will never give up on tr. The class is too much fun to play.

Master infintrator saboteur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    > @c1k4ml3kc3 said:
    > TRs are in a very bad spot right now. This might change in MOD13.
    >
    > As I've said on reddit, I think it's mostly (still) a matter of perception. Of course an undergeared and inexperienced TR is going to bomb in ToNG, but with some patience and skill a TR can do really well there and at that level most of the other content is trivially easy.
    >
    > How can it be a matter of perception if the TR's Smoke Bomb can't even utilize a Weapon Enchantment?
    >
    > I mean, there's talking and there's just babbling about. Your's the latter.
    >
    > You're practically stating "With careful planning a TR is useful in pulling and hitting mobs in TONG" - well any class is. Your "perception" is some 20.000.000 AD of an oversight.

Smoke bomb used all weapon enchantments in the past, now only viral works that I know of. That will change
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    doink#2651 doink Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Hi, next TR here and still my main...somehow...
    I had the same problem as all other TR, no one wanted you in a group. But not because of no damage... we do a lot, with an acdc quite more if daylies are timed well. Certainley imho, we fight too static. I always struggle a lot with so called speedrunning gf/gwf´s. I do static damage, I have a radius I have to work in to be effective. If Tank pulls the mobs out of smoke, my damage is 0. Sometimes 3 steps forward or backwards kill my damage. And this happens 32854 times a day.... Give me an OP and an ACDC, both on max powershare, and I run all content except the big 3 dungeons in less the time a full 5 man group does.
    Why?
    Cause acdc also uses radius to fight in, also a MoF-Buffer is perfect for a TR as main dps. SW is also a good choice to run with cause he throws this green whatever...;)
    You can run T9G in less 30 minutes with a low 14k group, without any problems. You do not need 2 dcs for a tr group..;)

But..... due to the fact no one likes TR´s in groups, I switched to DC. Completly other direction of playing a toon. But it was worth it. And now these 2 are my mains, they are both on 14k IL. I only have to switch bondings and 2 rings and my bark to play both toons as main. ;)

Funny thing.... my guild leader, and two other TR have a DC as 2nd toon... we have more dc´s in our guild than tanks,lol.

Hitting mobs in TonG: If acdc throws AA before I use my WoB, I can double my power and smoke bomb deals about 500% more damage. And I wet my pants usually then...
    30k alone, and 150k with acdc. Yey, class synergy works ;)

Doink....useless TR...

• Options
    hasea0hasea0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have been playing nearly a year, so I can safely say I am learning the curve. I started out as a GWF, and quickly decided to go DPS. I have played my TR for nearly 6 months my iLvL is 15K+ With Guild Hall 6 Boone, and such. I have so many questions with the release of Mod 12B coming to PS4. Any who back to the real discussion. I haven't lucked into any groups to run TO9G, but am stoked to give it a go. I have been searching for TR's to click with, and discuss features of the rotation's learning different Encounter Syncs, the whole try, and error things.
  • Options
    sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    @demonmonger until very recently, SB only procced Vorpal and (I think) Dread. It now (on pc at least) procs Feytouched.

Mod 13, the devs have stated that smoke bomb will proc all weapon enchantments, but that “entity based powers”, which smoke bomb is, will only proc them on the first tic making it pretty useless again.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    Yea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hasea0hasea0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    *sighs* thank you.. :/
  • Options
    > @sirjimbofrancis said:
    > @demonmonger until very recently, SB only procced Vorpal and (I think) Dread. It now (on pc at least) procs Feytouched.
    >
    > Mod 13, the devs have stated that smoke bomb will proc all weapon enchantments, but that “entity based powers”, which smoke bomb is, will only proc them on the first tic making it pretty useless again.

I remember when it proceed on all ticks of smoke bomb... that was cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I've played my tr for 2 years now as my main and love every minute of it. We can out dps anyone but only if you get the combat rotations right. What I'm basically saying is if you want to be a top dps tr learn your rotations we are not like gwf who just straps on a lightning enchantment and stands there waving his big stck around ,we have to work for it.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    The TR's are nowhere near a good spot as some people in the topic are trying to portray.

Being able to run faster and hitting the mobs first in order to achieve paingiver charts doesn't equal a good player and anyone worth their NW experience will tell you that.

We're talking mechanics of the class here, not "better gear hits harder" talk.

And some of the mechanics of the TR need a rework, which is the conceptual frame idea.

If a class needs to work twice as hard as a Hunter Ranger and thrice as hard as a GWF to achieve half of their dps in the longer run, that is a problem which needs to be addressed.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    I agree that some mechanics /powers do need addressing however working for your dps is what makes the tr so much fun to play.
  • Options
    sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User

I agree that some mechanics /powers do need addressing however working for your dps is what makes the tr so much fun to play.

No one, I think, has a problem with having to work for our DPS. But, what we don’t like is having to work so hard to get everything perfect so that the GWF only beats us by 20 million at the end. The problem is dealing with the higher difficulty and less forgiving nature of TRs for less payoff. It ought to be the other way around.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I saw three 13-15K TR last night and well, they barely beat me on my DC. :(
  • Options
    They obviously don't know how to play the tr then.
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I tried to go back to TR. I really did. Geared up to 16k. Respecced to latest meta. Sorted my pets. Did everything I could do within reason. It works. Maxed up and fully potted, TRs are worthy dpsers. Just...not the best. Or the top choice for groups.

So today I went back to my OP.
    Because...everything that has already been mentioned a hundred times.
  • Options
    Would be nice if after leaving stealth we have 100% critical chance and combat advantage for 10 seconds ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shinengakishinengaki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I will continue playing my Trickser - but ...

I discontinued already a while ago run with egomaniac players, guilds and groups. I was struggling a while with myself if I shall post my oppinion here.

Since we have the "most damage" chart at the end, every DPS seems to make his personal EGO Challenge about staying on No.1.

I do not want to state, I am not tended to view those results, but generally it ruins the groups feeling of "we succeded" the dungeon.

I have been more than a year within Loothochdruck alliance. Public beefing about trickser was common sense there. Public beefing about not beeing top nodge in DPS was common sense there and I suppose there is not much difference in other "High-End" Guilds / Alliances.

No one is waiting on less geared people in random Challenges. If you are very unlucky you will get thrown out of the queue if you are not able to kill the leftout Mobs before Valindras Tower, by the rest of the party which may have queued from Gutbusters Brigade or Yakuza Strawberry to only name two of the 8K Power Guilds, who are top scorer in my personal ignore list.

Power grinding, BIS gear, BIS Class, BIS Guild somehow is related to EGO-istic, selfish awareness. This seems to be human nature. Dont play Trickser if you are that kind of Player, I could resume.
    Tricksers may continue playing but I suppose only, if their guild supports them or if they are really, really good.

I personally found my niche and thats a guild where having fun together is more worthy than Gearscore or making fun of others.
    And I will continue with putting all Egomaniacs on my by now very long Ignorelist.

• Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    just ran with a high end tr last night as main dps in t9g. he's given me serious conflicting thoughts about the state of tr in general. it seems even a well played one at 8k ilvl up to 11-12k is relatively weak, but he(16k) was one of the best dps I've grouped with ever. maybe it's because we even had a MoF that knows their build along for the run? even so, the only people I've seen melt orcus like that are bis hr/gwf, and the gwf swaps unparalleled holy/lightning throughout the dungeon. to answer OP I have him and one other that are on my friends.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • Options
    mirajanesitrimirajanesitri Member Posts: 34 Arc User

just ran with a high end tr last night as main dps in t9g. he's given me serious conflicting thoughts about the state of tr in general. it seems even a well played one at 8k ilvl up to 11-12k is relatively weak, but he(16k) was one of the best dps I've grouped with ever. maybe it's because we even had a MoF that knows their build along for the run? even so, the only people I've seen melt orcus like that are bis hr/gwf, and the gwf swaps unparalleled holy/lightning throughout the dungeon. to answer OP I have him and one other that are on my friends.

good tr/gf can easy melt orcus under 30sec, then again so can a bug sw soulbinder, comes down to how well the support works together and the dps timing his attacks

• Options
    mikal#9243 mikal Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    This thread is just full of people basically saying that a TR is somehow overpowered when that wasn't the point of the OP. The post was a simple question about how many active rogues are in PVE and yet once again the community use it for veiled nerf requests.
    To answer the question, i have 1 TR at 11k IL, the last 2 guilds i've been in have had only one TR, me.
  • Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    > @mirajanesitri said:
    > good tr/gf can easy melt orcus under 30sec, then again so can a bug sw soulbinder, comes down to how well the support works together and the dps timing his attacks

bugged soulbinder? of course it does come down to a few different things but this is more a comparison between peer groups based on my buffs as ac, I don't want to stray too far off topic however so I'll leave it at that on my end.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Tbh I've never seen a GWF do a Phase 1 Orcus kill, but I've seen TRs and GFs. So yeah, just shows the skill ceiling on the classes.

Also soulbinder bug is apparently one in which you basically get the double efficiency on all damaging powers or smth. Not 100% sure tho.
  • Options
    gamerguy007#2799 gamerguy007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2018
    @"gromovnipljesak#8234" type in YouTube: Neverwinter mod 12.5 GWF Orcus Kill

Enjoy!
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Am I the only Wizard who calls for TR improvements or what? Developers, please solve this problem. I have many TR friends who played this game regardless of the hardships they had to go through. They were always on the verge of quitting the game. I'm sure that your idea for the game is for people to play reasonably and together. The whole point of a MMORPG is to have friends play together and share great time, right? The Chult was meant to bring people close together and so it did. But TR's have been suffering as a class long enough.

Here's the deal. TR's are the only melee class who do not have the same weapon damage like other melee classes. This diminishes their effectiveness greatly. It's reasonable that they are using two weapons, but this was back when the game started and what they had in weapon damage reduction they'd build in power/knife builds. Since then the game changed many times, but the TR's weapon damage didn't. They have the lowest weapon damage of all the classes in the game.

Proposition : Make TR's primary weapons to deal melee class damage (same like GWF, OP, GF) and the alternate weapon to be used for attributes only.

Hunter Ranger should be the only one with two sets of weapons due to their class being dependent on constant stance changes.
    TR's do not have constant stance changes, just two weapons.

If that's not possible, at least give the TR's a boost in weapon upgrade because they are heavily dependent upon the weapon damage, too!

If THAT's not possible, then their at-wills should hit way faster than they do now.

Either way, they really need more improvements even before MOD14. If not, then they need a proper overhaul starting MOD14.

Thank you kindly.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @c1k4ml3kc3 said:
    > Am I the only Wizard who calls for TR improvements or what? Developers, please solve this problem. I have many TR friends who played this game regardless of the hardships they had to go through. They were always on the verge of quitting the game. I'm sure that your idea for the game is for people to play reasonably and together. The whole point of a MMORPG is to have friends play together and share great time, right? The Chult was meant to bring people close together and so it did. But TR's have been suffering as a class long enough.
    >
    > Here's the deal. TR's are the only melee class who do not have the same weapon damage like other melee classes. This diminishes their effectiveness greatly. It's reasonable that they are using two weapons, but this was back when the game started and what they had in weapon damage reduction they'd build in power/knife builds. Since then the game changed many times, but the TR's weapon damage didn't. They have the lowest weapon damage of all the classes in the game.
    >
    > Proposition : Make TR's primary weapons to deal melee class damage (same like GWF, OP, GF) and the alternate weapon to be used for attributes only.
    >
    > Hunter Ranger should be the only one with two sets of weapons due to their class being dependent on constant stance changes.
    > TR's do not have constant stance changes, just two weapons.
    >
    > If that's not possible, at least give the TR's a boost in weapon upgrade because they are heavily dependent upon the weapon damage, too!
    >
    > If THAT's not possible, then their at-wills should hit way faster than they do now.
    >
    > Either way, they really need more improvements even before MOD14. If not, then they need a proper overhaul starting MOD14.
    >
    > Thank you kindly.

I enjoy smacking souls and watching them disappear before sod or bleeds kick in while a gwf can kill them with just a few lightning arcs.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    my first char was a tr i stopped playing when players were saying "i dont want tr for dungeon because they are weak on damage", instead of recommending good stuff to help tr players, nowadays i have 2 loadouts, 1- executioner + saboteur(15points), shout out to galactic B)B) and 2- executioner + scoundrel(15points), because i like the imossible to catch power buff xD. my conclusion tr players exist but not many to a point of staying faithful to tr and switch to a class that gets more inv for queued content(dc do, dc ac, op, gf, gwf meta, obession(i suffer from this obessesion too xD), but that meta on the dps spot of the gwf can get switched with other dps char(sw, cw, tr, hr, i have done it with sw on the gwf spot and the buffs work fine), mod 13 wont kill this meta, waht will kill this meta is either lock the 1 healer spot on private queue or make private queues rewards useless so player go public queue intead either ways it will p*ss a lot of players xD.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

Would be nice if after leaving stealth we have 100% critical chance and combat advantage for 10 seconds ;)

stealth then lurker assault(wirlwind blades works good too)+ sigil of dc+stealth + dazing strike+smoke bomb+ blade flurry or lashing blade(for the last one standing on mob group after dropping the HAMSTER bomb xD), havent taken my tr to chult area yet. Invisible infiltrator and oppressive darkness are my fav class features.