test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Restrict PoM Access to 2.5 Gear Score or Higher

Hey all, I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of low gear score wimps coming into Prophecy of Madness and ruining the chances of getting a GOLD overall score. You simply cannot be effective if your 1.5 or 2k GS, simply cannot do enough damage.
I am hoping the developers can make it to where you need 2.5 GS or higher to get in this skirmish.

GOLD overall gives you a better chance of getting a +5 ring from my understanding. GOLD cannot be achieved unless 5 players do enough damage to kill the monsters quickly enough in the allotted time period.

Comments

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Hey all, I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of low gear score wimps coming into Prophecy of Madness and ruining the chances of getting a GOLD overall score. You simply cannot be effective if your 1.5 or 2k GS, simply cannot do enough damage.
    I am hoping the developers can make it to where you need 2.5 GS or higher to get in this skirmish.

GOLD overall gives you a better chance of getting a +5 ring from my understanding. GOLD cannot be achieved unless 5 players do enough damage to kill the monsters quickly enough in the allotted time period.

What's the point of having tier'ed results if you only allow players to participate who get golden rewards without effort?
    I know good equipped players who manage to get gold in PUGs as well. I think they see it as a challenge.

I've heard the myth that golden reward rewards might give more +5. But AFAIK the only difference is the number of campaign currency you get.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    While 2.5k min would be a little bit high for a skirmish, I leave every group with player, who have an IL lower then 1k. My praying alts have a higher IL from hand me downs and everyone who played his char until lvl 70 has better gear. Running pug I dont expect 3k+ groups, but I dont want to waste my time supporting praying alts farming RAD.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I got a +5 ring from a Bronze run in Throne. I was gob smacked.

Being honest I was a 1.4k IL player running Throne on the most useless GF build ever![Specced TOTALLY for defense/survival] so really I have no stones to cast in this debate.

I can see how annoyance I was! I do also tend to jump ship on a run if, after the first minute or so I can tell there is a low IL or LOW skill player or two. It can be frustrating and being honest, a low item cap of say 1.2k wouldnt be hard to enforce or be too unreasonable?
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

Form your own group. That is what the queue window is for. That is all.

Pretty much this.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    its the same in IG.. however unless you hit reflect, its easier to solo.. then pom is.. since you need 2-3 good dps to hit gold in pom.

you simply do not have enough time to hit all the portals.

I do think throne is easier because you dont have the block in the middle, so you can kill most of the groups.. but then there, if you have to direct hulks at doors.. that is hard concept for some people.. or language barriers arise.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    eh, had a high il GWF in Throne killing the hulks because he wanted us to get a good score. Not sure how he was expecting that without the hulks alive to open the doors.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    The only things I've gotten from pom, gold bronze or silver, is frustration.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Stop whining and learn how to use the que window if you're such an elitist. Seems like a lot of people these days forgot how it was to be under 2k player. Elitism is a cancer.
  • Options
    First of all, gold gives you a better chance of a +5 ring, bc you get 2 rings, thats simple math.

The second fault I see in some posts, is that ppl claim, that it is 'elitism' if someone asks for other players to gear up. I said before, that 2.5k would be to high, but to claim 'elitism' as reason, why ppl are fed up with carrying 500 IL praying alts to their easy RAD in POM is delusional.

It might be, that the skirmish was intended for new lvl 70 players, to gear up. Sad fact is, that the absence of min IL resulted in an abuse by ppl farming RAD on ungeared playing alts.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Minimum you need 2 serious dps, one right one left, and some ppl to pick stuff up and feed the pillars. So find a friend.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    asterotg said:

The second fault I see in some posts, is that ppl claim, that it is 'elitism' if someone asks for other players to gear up.

If you don't want to risk running into pray alts, bots, or anyone you might consider a bad player, don't pug. That is all.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mousebreaker85#4641 mousebreaker85 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    It is a little frustrating I am not the best geared TR and far from BiS but hate when POM ends and see dps results I'm at 60-70 mill and the next highest is 8 mill
    As a GWF at 2500 should be blowing my rogue out the water .
    You just can't pull off silver or gold with 2 other dps doin 5 and 8 mill .
    I am def not an elitist and happy to help everyone but man you really should have an easier POM for undergeared and maybe an elite POM for 2500 and up .
    I don't think the poster is being unreasonable be kind to us still farming our +5 rings
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    To be the umpteenth person to make this point... if you don't like the people the Queue is grouping you up with, don't leave it the queue to find your party. No one is forcing you to take the lazy route and queue solo. If you don't want to put forth ANY effort towards finding a party of your liking, look in the mirror when you want to know whose fault it is that you aren't on a winning team.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    darthshanso#3399 darthshanso Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    A lot of newer lvl 70 players need somewhere to start gearing. If everything slightly rewarding was 2500, how would we gear up to reach 2500?
  • Options
    mousebreaker85#4641 mousebreaker85 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Uh yeah it's not laziness it just to get your rings can take 200-300 runs guildies at 4700 il don't wanna spend 10 hours running POM and Demo and honestly shouldn't have to nor would we ask them to.
    As far as new 70 you can run Tiamat get your elemental set in a handful of runs you can buy tier 2/3 out the gate with rank 7s for nothing and artifact weapons can be crafted now so if you havin trouble getting to 2k something is wrong .
    But back to the post they have demo and Edemo why not EPoM
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

I don't think the poster is being unreasonable be kind to us still farming our +5 rings

I only have one +5 ring, and it's Lifesteal. Yet, I can complete all of the PVE content just fine :smile:

Neverwinter isn't just about 200+ speed runs of the same content to get BIS loot before the next tier of goodies drop. For some people, it's about completing the content at all. For others, it's spending time with friends or helping strangers gear up. There is already too much focus on repetitive grind to obtain the currently most shiny items (though mod 11 is a breath of fresh air). Let's not further restrict content so that it's only purpose is the high-speed grind.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    asterotg said:

First of all, gold gives you a better chance of a +5 ring, bc you get 2 rings, thats simple math.

The second fault I see in some posts, is that ppl claim, that it is 'elitism' if someone asks for other players to gear up. I said before, that 2.5k would be to high, but to claim 'elitism' as reason, why ppl are fed up with carrying 500 IL praying alts to their easy RAD in POM is delusional.

It might be, that the skirmish was intended for new lvl 70 players, to gear up. Sad fact is, that the absence of min IL resulted in an abuse by ppl farming RAD on ungeared playing alts.

This is a bit like saying you have a better chance of winning the lottery if you buy two tickets. The truth is you have the same chance to win the prize, twice.

• Options
    I keep getting +1 Ring of Salvage. Maybe a +2.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    many ppl send mules to POM
    it shouldn't be like this, even if you send a mule you shouldn't cause a fail to rest of the players cause you are cheap.
    and in POM there are total fails, you can play for 15 min and get absoultly nothing cause some players can't even stay alive.

if you want to send a mule, at least equip it with purple items and rank 7 enchants.
    if this means 2.5K GS, i am ok with that.

dont see a reason why someone need to cause a fail for all the rest hoping they will do the job for him.

*many do it for the HP armor and +5 rings. you can get those from the chest at silver rank
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited April 2017

The funny thing about this post is he thinks restricting it to 2.5 GS or higher is going to make it easier to get GOLD when in fact all that will do is increase the difficulty of the enemy meaning he's no further ahead.

Thank fact of the matter is people don't just go from 1500 - 2500 the minute they reach 70. They've had to use AD to buy refining stones to upgrade artifacts from Green to Blue plus a lot of other things to buy including upgrading armor as they level to 70 among many other things.

Also remember until you hit 70 you also don't make as much AD either because aside from your two daily dungeons which give 4750 raw astral diamonds, you're able to do maybe two more skirmishes each for about 2700 before you're limited in options. You can not enter campaign area's except Sharandar or Maze prior to 70, and the only skirmish you can Q for is the one from Sharandar. So if they've completed the first 9 chapters of underdark really the first two new dungeon's or skirmishes that open up are Dread, PoM or Dwarven God.

Remember many are just beginning their adventure at this stage and the later two skirmishes are the first to allow them the opportunity to begin upgrading their gear and expanding the amount of AD they are able to earn. So complaining about them when they are trying to do the very thing your asking is well... in poor taste and reflects more on your character than theirs.

You aren't able to earn salvageable gear to even begin boosting refinement till you hit 70. And it's far too early for them to start entering 1600 dungeons or skirmishes as you know those require a average gear score of about 2.5k even if everyone is working together flawlessly. Still gear score is not even an accurate reflection of a players ability which is why they are changing it and it's on preview right now. The new gear score will factor in all boons earned, quality of mounts earned, insignia slotted in stable, all active companions, your equipped gear, as well as enchantments among other things into a far more accurate assessment. At the same time they are also going to lower the requirements a bit for FBI / SoMI EPIC Trials so they are available to more players provided they've earned some reasonable boons, mounts, companion, insignia, etc...

You can get a +3 or +4 ring even with a bronze or silver victory today despite their drop rates being rare, and +5 rings only drop .01% of the time. If you don't like these facts then Queue with people from your alliance if they are willing to join you.

Also someone else who stated Gold gives two rings is inaccurate: you get one drop from finishing the skirmish, you get another only if you've acquired an additional campaign key.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    I thought they removed the weekly ichor cap.
  • Options
    I edited the above note as I was remembering back to a time long ago... :)
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    strathkin said:

The funny thing about this post is he thinks restricting it to 2.5 GS or higher is going to make it easier to get GOLD when in fact and that will do is increase the difficulty of the enemy meaning he's no further ahead.

Thank fact of the matter is people don't just go from 1500 - 2500 the minute they reach 70. They've had to use AD to buy refining stones to upgrade artifacts from Green to Blue plus a lot of other things to buy including upgrading armor as they level to 70 among many other things.

Also remember until you hit 70 you also don't make as much AD either because aside from your two daily dungeons which give 4750 raw astral diamonds, you're able to do maybe two more skirmishes each for about 2700 before you're limited in options. You can not enter campaign area's except Sharandar or Maze prior to 70, and the only skirmish you can Q for is the one from Sharandar. So if they've completed the first 9 chapters of underdark really the first two new dungeon's or skirmishes that open up are Dread, PoM or Dwarven God.

Remember many are just beginning their adventure at this stage and the later two skirmishes are the first to allow them the opportunity to begin upgrading their gear and expanding the amount of AD they are able to earn. So complaining about them when they are trying to do the very thing your asking is well... in poor taste and reflects more on your character than theirs.

You aren't able to earn salvageable gear to even begin boosting refinement till you hit 70. And it's far too early for them to start entering 1600 dungeons or skirmishes as you know those require a average gear score of about 2.5k even if everyone is working together flawlessly. Still gear score is not even an accurate reflection of a players ability which is why they are changing it and it's on preview right now. The new gear score will factor in all boons earned, quality of mounts earned, insignia slotted in stable, all active companions, your equipped gear, as well as enchantments among other things into a far more accurate assessment. At the same time they are also going to lower the requirements a bit for FBI / SoMI EPIC Trials so they are available to more players provided they've earned some reasonable boons, mounts, companion, insignia, etc...

You can get a +3 or +4 ring even with a bronze or silver victory today despite their drop rates being rare, and +5 rings only drop .01% of the time. If you don't like these facts then Queue with people from your alliance if they are willing to join you.

Also someone else who stated Gold gives two rings is inaccurate: you get one drop from finishing the skirmish, you get another only if you've acquired an additional campaign key.
    Also, many ppl is starting the game now, and they don't have alts to buy equips to fresh chars. That's why many "low gs" ppl run those skirmishes over and over: besides farming ad, they just want what everyone wants, those rarely rare +5 rings. I really don't care running those skirmished with pugs, what infuriates me is just those "hi-end" players complaining about them and quit-raging the battle. They don't see how much effort new players put running PoM or ToDG, they only see their own.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    strathkin said:

The funny thing about this post is he thinks restricting it to 2.5 GS or higher is going to make it easier to get GOLD when in fact all that will do is increase the difficulty of the enemy meaning he's no further ahead.

If you want to be a stickler to details:

Gold gives you a ring for completing the skirmish. Silver and bronze have a chance (a slim one), to reward a ring for completing the skirmish.

In addition, you can get a ring with the campaign key. If you want to exclude the chest, the difference between gold and bronze is one to mostly no ring.

To the one with the lottery example: Twice the chance is still double the chance, so if there is a 1: 1000 chance for a legendary ring, I would prefer the chance to get it (statisticly) in 500 runs instead of 1000, but thats just me. I am sure most ppl run POM 2000 times for the fun of it.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Well the basic fact of the matter is increasing the difficulty of PoM to 2.5k won't make it any easier for you, or anyone else to get Gold win's if your having problems right now; because, then you'll just be complaining why isn't everyone 3.2k or higher. :p

If you do a PUG try your best and help others improve rather than complain or focus first on improving your own gear score so their's matter's less... Or try and offer helpful tips using 'say' and ask if anyone wants some polite help on how to improve their gear score then let them come to you.

But don't complain if others are just trying to have a little fun. This is supposed to be a game where players help each other! Also Underdark is one of the first campaign's your supposed to start at 70 after having gotten well established in Sharandar and Maze Engine at 64. If this is the fourth campaign after Evil, Sharandar, and Maze, and the first after reaching 70 your supposed to start, you can very well limit people from progressing upwards who just hit 70.

If you're just looking to farm +4 or +5 rings I don't have much sympathy for you... You're also not going to likely earn them doing PoM or Dwarven God and would likely do a little better with Demogorgon, Epic Demogorgon, or Castle Never and those are already meeting your requirement for 2000-2500 but you'll realize now the average need's be closer to 3k-3.2k to win.

Complaining they need to make it harder is NOT something they can do if it's the first campaign you supposed to complete upon getting to 70; if you want to filter who joins your queue group then ask in your alliance rather than trying to destroy the fun for everyone else.
    Post edited by strathkin on