test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cloaked Ascendancy Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170306d.1 (Notes in progress)

13»

Comments

• Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    just a weird placed dummies, IMO. Some sort of blind spot for some powers that doesn't work if you hug that wall. Almost all toons have some powers that doesn't work there.

• Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    sobac said:

just a weird placed dummies, IMO. Some sort of blind spot for some powers that doesn't work if you hug that wall. Almost all toons have some powers that doesn't work there.

Nope I couldn't hit the dummies from any direction. It isn't just those dummies. All stationary targets can enter this unhittable state. It doesn't matter where I stand or which version of chains I use. Later in the video I walk around jumping spamming chains on those dummies. I have had it happen on nearly every dummy in the game, and some stationary bosses (Tiamat, IG center bosses, Dragon Turtle HE, etc)

And nearly every dummy in the Portabello's Game trials start in this unhittable state.

EDIT - Actually no it seems I didn't record that part *facepalm* ... it does not matter where I stand or what angle I attack from, the dummies are completely intangible to the chains power until some unknown event happens (relogging doesn't work, but if I come back later, they are hittable),

EDIT 2 - Also it cannot just be standing in that location, since later I did get a video of using chains from that position:
    http://plays.tv/video/58c89a14a639df6ed9/chains-of-blazing-light-rank-1-
    http://plays.tv/video/58c8a988a8e3fa52a6/chains-of-blazing-light-divinity-rank-1-
    http://plays.tv/video/58c8ab430e6c1e041a/chains-of-blazing-light-empowered-rank-1-

(I have all damaging powers recorded at this point)

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2017

weaver936 said:

I started this game as a DC... DO/DC in mod 3... first toon i ever played to 60 (max level then) and I didn't know enough about the game to know taht PvP was supposedly too hard to do... and that AC/DC was supposedly the best spec (I didn't change to AC/DC until FBI came out). I think my experience with DC before Empowerment ever existed and since had increased my ability to play effectively all other classes.

AC/DC was not considered the best spec until very recently (pretty darned close to FBI era onward). DO/DC was considered significantly stronger for a long time, tweaks to the AC/DC made them equal enough for a while that paragon choice was largely a matter of personal preference, and the AC/DC only rocketed ahead due to the strength of AA after the Into the Fray was made to stop scaling from the GF's damage resistance.

If you're going to present yourself as an authority, get your facts straight.
    I remember people prefering or at least talking about AC Power Buffing way back in mod 6-7 or so (maybe later)... I always thought my DO was considered inferior, especially since I was Faithful for the option to buff DPS or DR... depending on the group.. but i didn't care :D. I also didn't care about Bondings enough to get them until mod 9 or so... but w/e.

My point is people talk HAMSTER all the time.. most of what I have been told about the game by the majority has turned out to be inaccurate... especially in regards to SKT content. With or without AA I find FBi pretty simple now that I understand the mechanics... and the same with eSVA too.. if my teammates do it right.

We survived and thrived in this game without AA immunity for a very long time... the devs are giving us stuff in other areas that make the over all difficulty of 3k+ content as difficult as CN was at first... or Demo... it always works out that way.. the main difference in content NOW is people actually HAVE to know what they are doing to get things done right. They have to Communicate or at least know how to COOPERATE.. and I suspect that is the thing that people hate most of all.

The game isn't the problem.. people's attitude towards other people is... Mod 9 and before it wasn't a big deal... except when demo was new... the content has been trivial... but NOW.. Mod 10+... being forced to face those jerks in people's guilds/alliances or custom channels they normally frequent... that's the thing people are revolting against.. lol.

If people change their attitude... they will change their results from fails to successes.. that's it... that's all.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    BUG:
    Prophesy of Doom still doesn't recharge instantly when a mob affected with it dies.

The current action point bonus that Prophesy of Doom gives when the mob is killed works great with a PoD cooldown, but if the cooldown on mob death is removed I foresee Doom giving way more AP than intended. WAAAAAY more.
  • Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    mucking everything up, delet.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    I retract my prior statement on DC meta in light of the patch notes.
    TI is 100% passive! Insane.

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1229282/patch-notes-version-nw-75-20170306d-4#latest
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    ---delete--- stupid formatting.
  • Options

I think you are confusing the trees, bro. Iron Guard is the Protector capstone not tactician.

It is a damage debuff not a damage resistance buff.

But we all agree it is broken and must be fixed.

This is on topic because fixing the Iron Guard stacks will perfectly compliment the DC AA nerf. Will distribute damage mitigation sources.

No, actually referring to Martial Mastery. iirc Martial Mastery in actuality gives something like 1%AP per 2%HP lost, and does not give the bonus to that for damage resist as stated by the tooltip. Most tacticians I see ACT'ing it (albeit at close to maxed stats) generally say it accounts for 4-7% of overall AP gain, which for a capstone is rather dismal, although does put it in line-ish with the Iron Guard (bugged version) percentage..

Martial Mastery
    Taking damage while now builds Action Points for yourself and allies within 50'. You gain a bonus to this value based on your Damage Resistance.

Edit: Apparently I have no idea how to properly edit the quotes.. lol.
  • Options
    zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    Hi I saw you fixed DC artifact weapon class feature power. On my SW, for main hand weapon class feature, I equipped dark spiral aura and it is not working. When cast with no spirals it should create 2 - it creates 1 like usually. Same: when cast with 2 or 3 - not getting 1 additional spiral. I tried switching artifact powers and activating it again but nothing changed.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I think you are confusing the trees, bro. Iron Guard is the Protector capstone not tactician.

It is a damage debuff not a damage resistance buff.

But we all agree it is broken and must be fixed.

This is on topic because fixing the Iron Guard stacks will perfectly compliment the DC AA nerf. Will distribute damage mitigation sources.

No, actually referring to Martial Mastery. iirc Martial Mastery in actuality gives something like 1%AP per 2%HP lost, and does not give the bonus to that for damage resist as stated by the tooltip. Most tacticians I see ACT'ing it (albeit at close to maxed stats) generally say it accounts for 4-7% of overall AP gain, which for a capstone is rather dismal, although does put it in line-ish with the Iron Guard (bugged version) percentage..

Martial Mastery
    Taking damage while now builds Action Points for yourself and allies within 50'. You gain a bonus to this value based on your Damage Resistance.

Edit: Apparently I have no idea how to properly edit the quotes.. lol.
    I once tested MM and AP gain with low DR, medium and high DR (like 110%). The AP gain is not rising above 80% cap and the Ap gain is bound to incoming damage and does not vary significant in relation to your DR.
    I also checked how much AP classes gain runnnig beside you and it is not that much to speak of crazy ammounts.
    Classes build for AP gain like DC and Warlock gain like you say, about 4-7%.
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @terramak On Preview server, free respec tokens and race reroll tokens are not available anymore since this patch.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

@terramak On Preview server, free respec tokens and race reroll tokens are not available anymore since this patch.

As a workaround you can create a new level 70 toon and mail the account bound respec token to yourself. But yes... really needs fixed!

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Hooray, it's a system I know how to tweak! Took me longer than I intended, but I've got that potential fix in (Respec and Race Reroll tokens available on NeverwinterPreview and Lurker shards for free) standing by for the next build.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    1 question, are survivor's wraps suposed to give no HP?

• Options
    zar#7462 zar Member Posts: 2 New User
    how do i get Neverwinter to work on my windows 10 pc it keeps saying Patching and that is all it is doing please help me so i can play the game
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

terramak said:

Other Changes (Incomplete)

• Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable. Should finally be fixed.
      • The issue that we found when we were trying to reproduce it was that if the player gained a significant amount of Determination within a split second of activating Unstoppable (e.g. if they crit an enemy for high damage with an At-Will and had the talent that let them gain Determination from damage output), the timing of certain parts of the power got desynchronized.
      • As a result of the fix, there may be a short delay after Unstoppable ends before Determination can be gained again.
    Does this mean that we will have the "Temp HP will be removed when out from combat" feature removed and get back our real and uncapped Temp HP??
    I wouldn't count on it, that would be considered to OP by the devs...
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Yeah, I believe the "Temp HP cleared out of combat" was added for more than just an attempt to address the Unstoppable bug. Sorry to disappoint!
This discussion has been closed.