test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

P.I.P. THE THRILL IS GONE - B.B. King & Lucille

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Off Topic
How many of us guitarists owe so much to this man's existence, talent, and brilliance? I can't answer that... How do you give infinity limits?

How many Blues and RnR fans owe their favorite song, musician or band and their favorite song, musician or band to this man's body of work over 60+ years?

Everyone will be playing the Thrill IS GONE... as they should today.... but not this cat.

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL....

1. Click this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYB5vLzEHvI

2. Tell em B.B. is in town... down the corner....

bb-king-4f29a9432afda.jpg

THANK YOU B.B.

PIP (Play In Peace) big guy --- your sound will out live us all.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You don't "hear" the great musicians, you FEEL them. This was so true of BB King's playing. You just KNEW it was him, that it was Lucille... the moment that BB played.

B.B. King - Blues Boys Tune (From B.B. King - Live at Montreux 1993)

https://youtu.be/S1upbgyd9lo

MEMORABLE QUOTES

"B.B., Anyone can play a thousand notes and never say what you say in one."
    Lenny Kravits.

B.B.'s words of Wisdom:

"The blues was bleeding the same blood as me."

"I never use that word, retire."

"The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you."

"I was born on a plantation, and things weren't so good. We didn't have any money. I never thought of the word 'poor' 'til I got to be a man, but when you live in a house that you can always peek out of and see what kind of day it is, you're not doing so well. And your rest room is not inside the house."

"It seems like I always had to work harder than other people. Those nights when everybody else is asleep, and you sit in your room trying to play scales."

"When I do eventually drop, I pray to God that it'll happen in one of three ways. Firstly, on stage or leaving the stage, then secondly in my sleep. And the third way? You'll have to figure that out for yourself!"

B. B. King

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    icebid21icebid21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bleus brrr dirty songs