test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[UPDATED] CTA Seasons Tokens of Heroes Issues

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ok, at some point are we getting a update on how this debacle is going to be fixed? Not really expecting a actual fix for this round.. but would like my toons tokens.. or I would like a guarantee that we will be able to trade medallions for the griffon later on.

When can we expect a update.. I really dont care about the internal testing to see if they can fix phase at this point.. this event is almost over.

Next event, please allow griffons to be sold for medallions if we so choose to buy it.

Thank you
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    What a failure. I'm not wasting my @#$% time on this thing without even knowing if I'll get a token in the end which I didn't most of the time.
  • Options
    pardoux#3363 pardoux Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I'd not even realised there was a problem until I saw this thread, but yeah, I seem to be missing tokens too :(

EDIT .. Just done my 10 CTA's today - no token :(
    Post edited by pardoux#3363 on
  • Options
    mestophmestoph Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    And still, three days later, absolutely no communication from PWI about how this issue will be handled. Shame on you guys.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    tholther said:

I hope this get fixed soon. This is my 5th day doing 10/10 CTA on 2 characters and instead of 5 tokens I only have 3 tokens on each :(

You can only earn 3 tokens per character per event. That's WAI according to the 4th sentence of the 2nd paragraph of the Dev Blog for CTA Season. You've earned all the tokens you can until next month.

https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11069633-call-to-arms-season-event

There are many players who aren't even earning the 3 due to these bugs.
  • Options
    graujiograujio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still seems to be broken, just did 12 runs and no token
  • Options
    theflowerbottheflowerbot Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Only one of the 6 characters I've been running through this event has got 3 tokens, some have none, some 1, some 2. Agree with other posters who said just give everyone 3 tokens after this weekend as compensation for this pain (and to maybe slow the nw exodus) and have someone who understands logic look at the code that's been implemented, to fix it** before the next CTA. Put the currency in our currency tab too, that would be nice.

I hear everyone saying how running 10x this event is a grind - it wouldn't be half as irritating if the rewards actually came at the end of it - I remember in the first year I did it, running it hour upon hour, just for a very low chance of the golem to drop. Event grinders are used to this, making everyone do *only* 10 spreads it around and if everyone's doing their bit*, max 2min.

I hate to break it to everyone, but this particular CTA is on of the least grindy/time wasting of all of them, many of the others have built in pauses between mobs where you spend a min or more just staring at the walls waiting for the next mob to spawn - maybe take that out for those?

* Is there anything can be done about the campfire dwellers who do nothing? That would be nice too.
    ** If you find such a being, ask them to look at the Artisan timer bug too, that one, plus this, has got me questioning why I even log in every day any more.
    Before you jump to judge me, know this - I was called flowerbot long before I started playing Neverwinter.
  • Options
    impaud9impaud9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So, here's my 2 cents: on my main , ran 11+ instances of the skirmish each day - Thurs & Fri received tokens (got the blue and green horns on Thurs), haven't gotten a token since Friday on any of my characters. With the limit of 3 tokens per event, this effectively puts the main/off hand combo out of reach. Thanks for the wonderful work, folks.
  • Options
    tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User

tholther said:

I hope this get fixed soon. This is my 5th day doing 10/10 CTA on 2 characters and instead of 5 tokens I only have 3 tokens on each :(

You can only earn 3 tokens per character per event. That's WAI according to the 4th sentence of the 2nd paragraph of the Dev Blog for CTA Season. You've earned all the tokens you can until next month.

https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11069633-call-to-arms-season-event

There are many players who aren't even earning the 3 due to these bugs.
    I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. So now it's of no use doing CTA anymore... weird.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    mestoph said:

And still, three days later, absolutely no communication from PWI about how this issue will be handled. Shame on you guys.

This is the main point here - everyone should be asking the devs for a response of some kind. Its been a HAMSTER up, people make mistakes, its an online video game, it isn't life or death. So please just someone tell us what is going on please?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Well, on top of some players going straight from the entrance to the exit without doing anything; i'm getting insulted by other players per /tell for lighting the fires and fighting the enemy waves.
    I mean, i could understand someone getting upset about leechers/bots, and telling them to... get lost... but why attack a fellow regular player?

Things got a little bit clearer after taking a closer look at the guild tag - members of that guild are well known for scamming other players during events, and since there is no opportunity for a good old fashioned scam here, i guess they're now getting their kicks from randomly insulting other players.

Anyway, ignored/reported and moving on.

Btw. it would be nice to know, what the Devs are going to do about all the "limited" event rewards we had/have to delete to keep the flow of the tokens going?
    My suggestion, remove all limited rewards from the skirmish chest, place them into the CTA merchant for Medallions of Battle, and then increase the drop rate of those medallions accordingly.
    And for the love of all deities, please change all event items from character bound to account bound allready.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    eviladarkeviladark Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I tried all everyone advised on 2 toons and stil didn't get a token on them even with the no double item its sad tbh
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    CTA extended...
    One more day of the same bug.
    nice.
  • Options
    tanyaaaatanyaaaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Whats the point to extend the event when we are still not able to get token?!! over 80 runs and still no 3rd token
    Post edited by tanyaaaa on
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i was waiting for this event in hope to get my stuff and see the weapons set bonus, got 2 token on my main in 4 days, it got me so ... that i didnt logged last night... really happy for not being vip atm so i can just let it pass to not see my alliance working soo hard for something that should be soo easy to get in one toon...

this bug turnned a nice event in a nice headache, hope it got fixed before net CTA...

btw the horns are useless due too long cooldown and the pet is really ugly... the drake mount is nice for some i wish i could give it to some guildie because it dont fit any toon i have...
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I like many others are very disappointed with the extension.. I dont think you quite get it.

@nitocris83 , please forward the following feedback:

We , the player-base, already run a very buggy event, some of us into the hundreds of runs to get our tokens. Extending the event, does in fact allow us to maybe get a 3rd token, but thats not the point, we already had to waste alot of time as it is.

Can we please be guaranteed the weapons and griffons will be on sale (griffon next event , weapons at the last one) by medallions, I know that isnt what you wanted, but frankly I have thousands of these now, because I had to run so many events to try to get tokens that were bugged.

I believe this is beyond fair and equitable to us, who wasted so much time, we do not get the items any faster.. we have to spend a currency we could do something else with, but at least we are guaranteed the items.

We would like a answer on this today if possible, as its a little silly this has dragged out so long with no real communication, except someone going on a discord to discuss (I wont even get into that .. not opposed to that... but come on, this is the "official" communication area.

Please get back to us, so we dont have to continue to try farming at the "hopes" of getting a token.

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    For what its worth, there should be a server mini reset in 2 hours, everyone kicked from the server and a fix put in place to correct the Unique items bugging the count.

https://imgur.com/a/XuyO6Pl

I think they should just guve us consideration for our wasted time, but that was what was said last night on Discord. Terramak seemed to think it would be relayed here but that doesn't seem ti have happened.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    > @r000kie said:
    > there should be a server mini reset in 2 hour
    >
    > Source, pls? Some dev feed? Should not that be announced to a wider audience?

Did you look at the image I linked? Just checked it again and it works for me.
  • Options
    fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    Shame that all new content/promotions that are introduced into the game are broken....
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @pitshade thank you for posting that, maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet but, am I understanding terramak's message as you can run the event only 10/10 per day again or run it until you can get your missing 3 tokens and the meter will only show 10/10.

I don't think it's right that the only place this was posted was in discord, I purposely looked everywhere to see if someone posted something last night until 11 pm pst, and all I found was ingame on the "event" timer where it listed another 2 days + some hrs left
  • Options
    bgraubgrau Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    What is the point of extending event if you dont fix the problem. Event extended, but bug extended too......

At least I got 3 tokens one ONE char so far. Have 2 others with 2 tokens, did 12+ runs on each yesterday and today, got ZERO tokens still. Extend, extend, extend, but no fix. This is a joke. In any other job than programming Neverwinter that degree of incompetence would not have gone unpunished....... So sad. Especially when it's an event with "rewards" that requires you to complete it not onlyu this time, but over several events during this year.
  • Options
    > @tazz4now said:
    > @pitshade thank you for posting that, maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet but, am I understanding terramak's message as you can run the event only 10/10 per day again or run it until you can get your missing 3 tokens and the meter will only show 10/10.
    >
    > I don't think it's right that the only place this was posted was in discord, I purposely looked everywhere to see if someone posted something last night until 11 pm pst, and all I found was ingame on the "event" timer where it listed another 2 days + some hrs left

----
    I don't think it was good that it wasn't posted here, which is why I took it on myself to postbthat here (and in channels in game.)

This is my understanding:
    -After the fix, no further runs will bug.

-The internal counter (that we can't see) is separate from the daily counter.

-The counter we can see resets daily but yhe internal one doesn't.

-when the internal counter hits 10 after the fix, you will get your token for the day.

-You will get credit for ten runs daily, shown on the visible counter. When that tracker is full, runs won't count for the internal tracker either. So if you get your token early, further runs will count for the next day until the visible tracker is full.

-You can stop when you get your token and the counts will match the following day or keep going and build credit on the invisible tracker, up to you.

-Still no more than 1 token a day and 3 for this event.

That is how I think they intend it to work, at least. We will see what happens
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    no announcement was made in the game other than a server reset, people in PE are thinking there was a crash, this is so wrong on the devs part to NOT communicate with us players on any of this, including what the intention of today's supposed "hotfix". some people ingame have run theirs for today already and got their counters reset without ANY communication as to why, enough is enough........give ALL characters...ALL a reward box with their missing tokens 1-3, and chalk this up to a big, buggy mess and let's carry on and for the love of God FIX it for next month, I could care less if someone didn't do the event, give them tokens, due to the lack of communication people didn't run this because they had no clue if it worked, that's completely on the devs and not the players......

DEVS.......do the RIGHT thing and quit making people run this event over and over and over again and again with nothing gained......
  • Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I just did my ten runs AFTER the server reset (that should have "FIXED" this mess) but still I didn't get any token.

I didn't do any run today before server reset, just 10 after server reset.