test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[UPDATE x2] Winter Wolf Error

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2018 in News & Announcements
Update 2:

Winter Wolf is now available to be claimed by everyone on PC. Thank you for your patience.

Update:

We are still looking into what may be causing some players the inability to claim the Winter Wolf. As noted previously, this gift is available throughout the duration of the Winter Event so players will still have time to claim it.

We are aware of some people getting an error when trying to claim the free Winter Wolf. This appears to be impacting only a portion of the playerbase but we are looking into it and hope to have it resolved soon.

The Winter Wolf will be available to claim throughout the duration of the Winter Event so players will still have a chance to claim obtain it even if they are unable to claim it today. This is the only gift that will be available throughout the entire event duration. All other gifts are one day only.

Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I've tried to claim it on each of my chars, every one gets the same error: Unable to complete transaction.

It's only up for 24 hours. Would be nice to get it before it's gone.
  • Options
    wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    thanks the star of simril is also broke wont take rings
  • Options
    ladyaradia#2029 ladyaradia Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Is the winter wolf 1/account or 1/character?

-ignore me, I JUST read the tooltip-
  • Options
    ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Thank you for this. Hopefully this will be fixed within the week, and the future freebies won't have the same problem.
  • Options
    ressurrectedsinressurrectedsin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Where is the special crafter that is supposed to be around?
  • Options
    gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I get this error:

[Error]Unable to complete transaction (reason not specified).

Lots of people are complaining about the same on Alliance and Zone chat, was surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet. Can this be fixed, please?
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

I've tried to claim it on each of my chars, every one gets the same error: Unable to complete transaction.

Winter Wolf is available throughout the duration of the winter event.
  • Options
    juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Winter wolf did not show up on xbox.
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    i cant evn see the winter wolf to try an claim it.....
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Every...single...event. Can we not have the same mistakes event in and out? Are event fixes rolled back every time they end? There seems to be an issue with almost every single event whether new or recurring.
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    ok ya im a lil lost here the post by julia says the free item claim strts 20th-27th but the ingmae calender says it dont strt till the 25th- jan 2nd...... (mimicks plane missing the runway an throttling power overhead)
  • Options
    Winter Wolf is not showing up on PS4. :(
  • Options
    juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Winter Wolf is not showing up on Xbox too
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • Options
    sjza80sjza80 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yep confirming this, no winter wolf appearing on Xbox.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    There's no winter wolf available to me on either my account or my wife's account. I've checked the Mounts category, the Free category, the New category, and the Featured category in the Zen store. I've even checked the Reward Claims Agent and the Promotions Claims Agent just in case. Nothing anywhere.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

There's no winter wolf available to me on either my account or my wife's account. I've checked the Mounts category, the Free category, the New category, and the Featured category in the Zen store. I've even checked the Reward Claims Agent and the Promotions Claims Agent just in case. Nothing anywhere.

Double check to make sure you do not already have the mount. If this is not the case, please file a ticket with Customer Service.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited December 2018

They give Winter wolf in every Winter festival. You only need to get it once to get account wide. If the toon is older than one year old, the chance is you have it already.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > There's no winter wolf available to me on either my account or my wife's account. I've checked the Mounts category, the Free category, the New category, and the Featured category in the Zen store. I've even checked the Reward Claims Agent and the Promotions Claims Agent just in case. Nothing anywhere.
    >
    > Double check to make sure you do not already have the mount. If this is not the case, please file a ticket with Customer Service.

Also checked this morning for today's free gift and nothing there.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Double check to make sure you do not already have the mount. If this is not the case, please file a ticket with Customer Service.

They give Winter wolf in every Winter festival. You only need to get it once to get account wide. If the toon is older than one year old, the chance is you have it already.

Thank you to both of you. I did not realize that I already had it as an account-wide mount. I thought I had it on only a few characters who had gotten it as a drop. I checked all my characters and they do all have it. I'll just wait patiently for today's gift.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 21 Arc User

Thank you. I was able to claim it.

But today's freebie is MIA. Not in the free tab on any my characters.
  • Options
    teamstephanteamstephan Member Posts: 46 Arc User

Thank you. I was able to claim it.

But today's freebie is MIA. Not in the free tab on any my characters.
    the wolf isn't new been able to get it through out this hole year why I think they should of just let us pick out a mount we wanted since I just think this hole event is a joke why I went with the yeti and left everything else behind
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

Where is the special crafter that is supposed to be around?

If you mean who I think you mean, down in the fishing area.

As you approach from the main area he will be nearest you next to a post supporting the roof of the fishing pavilion.
  • Options
    tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    I knew I wouldn't see the wolf since this is my 5th Winterfest, and I've claimed it on all characters... However it's Day 2 I'm not seeing the Refinement Pack. Hopefully the others will work out.

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    No wolf for me, but I knew that as I had it already. Today's refinement pack showed up just fine.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    tsildothtsildoth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Neverwinter guard was given on the 25th. I was able to claim it with one char but not the other on the same account. Was that SUPPOSED to be one per account? The info page didn't mention if these prizes are per account or per char. Some of the prizes I was able to get with both chars - like the wolf, others with only one char. I would post a ticket but i can't figure what catagory it would belong to.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    tsildoth said:

Neverwinter guard was given on the 25th. I was able to claim it with one char but not the other on the same account. Was that SUPPOSED to be one per account? The info page didn't mention if these prizes are per account or per char. Some of the prizes I was able to get with both chars - like the wolf, others with only one char. I would post a ticket but i can't figure what catagory it would belong to.

All the gifts are 1 per account except the wolf.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Today's free gift is missing also. Nothing showing up :( have checked my newest character on xbox1 even she can't claim it.
    Post edited by nativerock9015#2463 on
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I never saw the Neverwinter Guard. If you missed it on the 25th, is it now unavailable? I checked my daughters account and did not see it on her's either. I have been doing the winter fest and getting my free zen gift everyday, not sure how I missed it.