test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is vip worth it still?

I know back in the day it was always worth it. is it still worth it or am i better off just transferring the zen to AD

Comments

• Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    vip is completly worth it.... the invoke bags the sign post the bank the mailbox the damage immunity fromn vip 7 all worth it n now for pc the reroll tokens (replaced the daily epic keys)
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    It is if u are morale reset & bazaar addict.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    No No and No - sorry to disagree.

The Quality of Life things don't make much impact on playing the game.

The lockboxes are worse than ever - usually 2 rank 8 stones and a refinement stone worth 1000rp. *yawn*

Don't waste your money on it unless you really need to gain an extra few RP per day or have NO runes and enchants over level 5
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Well, we just got a bit of a nerf. When opening lockboxes in the past, we would frequently get boxes containing enchants, and if you opened those during 2x events, they would (well, apart from Bonding runestones) get doubled. This no longer applies, so new lockboxes no longer benefit from 2x events, which reduces their value.

I just did open a little over 100 boxes with keys I had accumulated over the last few months. I did not get anything spectacular - one Deep crow hatchling (which I decided to keep, as its +1500 Power makes it BiS for my AC DC build), one UES and one Brilliant diamond... no legendary mounts or anything like that....so, pretty average. 95% of the boxes were nothing special, with maybe 3 Black opals and some other stuff, worth a few thousand AD in total, but as I said, there were a few more valuable items in between.

The bottom line was that if I would sold everything and if I bought the VIP at a 40% discount I made a small profit. So, getting some AD basically "for free" and getting all the QoL improvements makes VIP certainly a "must have" for me.

The average value of the lockbox drops might not cover the cost of VIP any more if you buy the VIP at full price or do not play every day, though, but you really need a larger sample size to determine that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    adinosii said:

Well, we just got a bit of a nerf. When opening lockboxes in the past, we would frequently get boxes containing enchants, and if you opened those during 2x events, they would (well, apart from Bonding runestones) get doubled. This no longer applies, so new lockboxes no longer benefit from 2x events, which reduces their value.

I just did open a little over 100 boxes with keys I had accumulated over the last few months. I did not get anything spectacular - one Deep crow hatchling (which I decided to keep, as its +1500 Power makes it BiS for my AC DC build), one UES and one Brilliant diamond... no legendary mounts or anything like that....so, pretty average. 95% of the boxes were nothing special, with maybe 3 Black opals and some other stuff, worth a few thousand AD in total, but as I said, there were a few more valuable items in between.

The bottom line was that if I would sold everything and if I bought the VIP at a 40% discount I made a small profit. So, getting some AD basically "for free" and getting all the QoL improvements makes VIP certainly a "must have" for me.

The average value of the lockbox drops might not cover the cost of VIP any more if you buy the VIP at full price or do not play every day, though, but you really need a larger sample size to determine that.

Yes agreed mostly... but also factor in the AD value of refinement points has been destroyed as well!

You used to be able to sell RP @ approximately 2AD per RP point.

It is now 0.7AD per RP point, making lockboxes even more worthless.

Really honestly, I get 2 rank 8 stones and 3 black opals in a box - worth something like 8,000 AD altogether? That is just trash.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Well, yes...as I said, "...maybe 3 Black opals and some other stuff, worth a few thousand AD in total,..:". Assuming you buy 6 months of VIP at a 40% discount, you need an average return of something like 8500 AD per day, just to break even. On most days, you will not reach that - the typical lockbox contents are not worth 8500 AD. However, over a longer period, you should occasionally get something worth quite a bit more, and that pulls the average above the break-even point.

However, as I said, if you do not play every day, or pay full price for your VIP, it will not be self-sustainable.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    adinosii said:

Well, yes...as I said, "...maybe 3 Black opals and some other stuff, worth a few thousand AD in total,..:". Assuming you buy 6 months of VIP at a 40% discount, you need an average return of something like 8500 AD per day, just to break even. On most days, you will not reach that - the typical lockbox contents are not worth 8500 AD. However, over a longer period, you should occasionally get something worth quite a bit more, and that pulls the average above the break-even point.

However, as I said, if you do not play every day, or pay full price for your VIP, it will not be self-sustainable.
    I bought 6 months VIP and haven't had anything even remotely worthwhile. To be honest I am a bit jaded with VIP, especially since the changes and seeing those 2 rank 8s every day
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited November 2018

No No and No - sorry to disagree.

The Quality of Life things don't make much impact on playing the game.

The lockboxes are worse than ever - usually 2 rank 8 stones and a refinement stone worth 1000rp. *yawn*

Don't waste your money on it unless you really need to gain an extra few RP per day or have NO runes and enchants over level 5

Sorry to disagree. The QOL thing is the only things that VIP worth for me. It has a huge impact on my way of playing the game. If I don't have VIP QOL part, I probably will quit. The lockbox key part, I don't really care. I have over 500 lockbox keys unused and counting.

i.e. if they remove the lockbox key from VIP, I will keep buying VIP.
    If they remove the QOL part from VIP, I will quit the game,
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I agree with plasticbat. VIP is really a preference than a necessity so you're going to have to decide for yourself whether it's worth it.

For me, the QoL items are 100% worth it.

So ask yourself if the convenience of a signpost, mailbox and bank on demand are worth it to you. Not to mention the free LB key (which is just a bonus to me not the basis on which to determine the value of VIP) and all the other bonuses.

If none of that appeals to you then VIP is not worth it to you.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    It really all depends on what it is that you value with your V.I.P. subscription.
    If you are getting it as a means of funding your gameplay, then, maybe, just barley, if you play every day, and really know how to play the Auction House.
    If you are getting it because of Fast Travel, Mail Everywhere, Invoke Everywhere, and Chest Rerolls, then, yeah, it's still worth it. Maybe even more so, as it makes the new Workshop WAY more player friendly (you can travel to it from anywhere and get your mail inside it, including A.H. materials).

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Don't forget the 3 daily reroll tokens.

Spent wisely in FBI/MSP/Tong/cradle they also carry some economic value.
  • Options

So ask yourself if the convenience of a signpost, mailbox and bank on demand are worth it to you.

Not really worth it to me.

I bought the six months as a kind of experiment, and my overall impression is that I can live in a game without any of the above.

I suspect many newer players will/do feel the same. This worries me because without people paying out $$£££ then there won't be a Neverwinter in the future.

• Options
    edited November 2018

I bought the six months as a kind of experiment, and my overall impression is that I can live in a game without any of the above.

That may be the reason, 6 month. When VIP came out, I bought for 12 month for one reason, bank access (VIP 12) which is the most important QOL among all for me.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I couldn't stand to give up signpost. That was the biggest draw to start with. Especially when Maze Engine kept sending me to Icespire Peak so often back then.

The mailbox, bank and vendor would be hard to live without as well. It's been nearly 3 weeks since I used an enchanted key but the summonable items see constant use.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

I couldn't stand to give up signpost. That was the biggest draw to start with. Especially when Maze Engine kept sending me to Icespire Peak so often back then.

The mailbox, bank and vendor would be hard to live without as well. It's been nearly 3 weeks since I used an enchanted key but the summonable items see constant use.

Yes, without signpost (borrow or self-own), our alliance cannot do 16 dragons in Dragonflight.
  • Options
    kotoamatzukamikotoamatzukami Member Posts: 41 Arc User

Sorry to disagree. The QOL thing is the only things that VIP worth for me. It has a huge impact on my way of playing the game. If I don't have VIP QOL part, I probably will quit. The lockbox key part, I don't really care. I have over 500 lockbox keys unused and counting.

i.e. if they remove the lockbox key from VIP, I will keep buying VIP.
    If they remove the QOL part from VIP, I will quit the game,

I think I never agreed to a comment more than to that one.

I gave up on hope to get anything useful from lockboxes a long time ago, so the keys are not the reason why I get VIP.
    If I imagine, however, to have to walk back to the entrance of an area to get out again?! ... yeah, I'd probably quit, too.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    For me, the real value in the VIP is the mailbox, bank, signpost, vendor, and the wound immunity. The cost and bag slots needed to carry healing kits to compensate for the wounds or the time spent running back to PE so I could pick up or drop off stuff in my bank or the lost time needed to go find a mail box so I could pick up my items or AD all make the VIP worth more then what I paid for it.

Again, for me, the daily key is fun in the same way a lotto scratcher ticket is. I enjoy that moment of "maybe this time" but deep inside I know I will not get the stuff I want. If I had to justify buying VIP only on the keys and lockboxes I would not have it.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited November 2018

I know back in the day it was always worth it. is it still worth it or am i better off just transferring the zen to AD

So in other words it appears to be a matter of opinion - and there are lots to choose from.

But since what I believe your real inquiry is: “Is VIP going to be worth it to you?”...

What @jorifice1 said -
    jorifice1 said:

It really all depends on what it is that you value with your V.I.P. subscription.
    -snip-

And only you will be in the best position to answer that one.

DD~
  • Options
    jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    The QOL stuff you get with vip is priceless. I use them constantly. I do try to get my enchanted key each day, but it is not that important to me. I have only used a handful of the keys so far,
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    adinosii said:

so why not just open old boxes and sell them or open them on 2x enchants.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    If u open good lockboxes (e.g firemane, tyrant) u still get double the amount of AD from them then u have to pay for VIP. So yes definitly worth it
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Something given freely has no value. If you are paying $10 US per month to play with VIP, then it is worth $10 US currency. If your time is worth money then, the time you spend grinding out AD for Zen could be calculated. For example; on Monday, it takes me 15 minutes, to generate 13,500 + 50% RAD bonus (20,250 AD) which comes to 81,000 AD hourly. If you believe your time spent in game is worth 80 to 100 thousand AD per hour (my personal estimate), the cost rate for 500K (1000 zen) would be 5 to 6 hours of your time. Now that we have what I consider to be my estimated time, if I place a price $5 per hour. then VIP would be worth $25 to $30 in value. I don't place any value on what I do in virtual online games, because it is all very subjective to the individual.

Since you asked my opinion, VIP holds no value for me, I tried it, I don't like it. If you find any value in buying VIP for cash or time spent playing, then it is up to you to form an opinion of your own. Do not rely on myself or others to make decisions for you.

Have Fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    crazeecrackacrazeecracka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm lvl 12 and will never buy vip again. Only thing I like is the signpost dont know how i'll adjust without, but oh well. Not to mention. I had over 300 epic keys on my main and alts. They took them and gave nothing in return. I guess they think I like to just waste time signing in for that HAMSTER.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I'm lvl 12 and will never buy vip again. Only thing I like is the signpost dont know how i'll adjust without, but oh well. Not to mention. I had over 300 epic keys on my main and alts. They took them and gave nothing in return. I guess they think I like to just waste time signing in for that HAMSTER.

I don't think you are playing at all if you are still talking about epic keys (which is gone over a week) and are still in level 12. Since you are not playing, you should not buy VIP and you bought at least VIP 4 because sigpost is not available unless you are VIP 4.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Unless he's VIP rank 12.

Keys were converted to reroll tokens. Those are located on your Riches tab under "Other Currencies".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    greywynd said:

Unless he's VIP rank 12.

Keys were converted to reroll tokens. Those are located on your Riches tab under "Other Currencies".

And those reroll tokens let you try 5 times for the more expensive drops in CN/FBI/MSP/Tong/Cradle chests. It is not a bad tradeoff since the chests are free to open now.

I'll admit you need to be hunting those zones to get the full benefit of the rerolls though.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    greywynd said:

Unless he's VIP rank 12.

Ok, I needed something to wake me up (regarding my confusion of lvl 12). I was also triple takes to understand what you were talking about (regarding VIP rank 12).
    Anyway, my point was if he is still talking about epic key, it probably means he was not playing in the last 2 weeks. If you are not playing often, you should not buy VIP.
  • Options
    Also for the purely economic side of VIP: I suspect the income from opening and selling lockbox content has been diminished with the new lockbox structure. So if you open the new lockboxes you probably make less AD from them than before.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @mentinmindmaker These are the only items I am watching with any interest in this lockbox.

In the past, lockboxes contained other boxes with purple companions, blue mounts, and artifacts. This structure has nothing to break down and sell. I bank these, and at a much later date, I will sell them for a profit or gift them. If you buy VIP to support the game, I applaud your efforts. For the most part, I just sense many just grind the AD, convert to zen, and buy the VIP. These people have no reason to complain. They are fortunate the game allows the conversion. Pray they never do my solution, and just remove the ZAX altogether. Enjoy what you are given.
    wb-cenders.gif