test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Limitation and why its Failing!!!

zyyphonzyyphon Member Posts: 29 Arc User
I for one was hoping that the Astral Diamond limit would help, but I have noticed that all it has done is hinder most people. The current 100k per acct for refining has not lowered the cost of anything. The developers and programmer's have not even lowered the in game cost for many items like, re-roll, campaign signets etc. etc.

Most of all ( I know almost all of you have noticed) the dramatic Rise in the auction house. With the limit that was imposed makes it very hard to "play catch up" for new players or our own new characters. For instance I recently noticed Legendary mounts in a week span some went from 5.5 million to now 11 million..... that is over a 100% increase , that is not what part of the Idea of the 100k limit was for.

Yes we understand most of this Idea was to stop people from grinding, stop the AD Farmers, outside Paypal market scams and to most of all have people play more content. Its not working do to the lack of content no one now has the drive to do anything else and it has affected this game dramatically. I am sure many of the guilds have felt the drop in attendance and player participation.

Maybe this is the what our developers wanted. I hope not.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,221 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Using legendary mount as a benchmark is just misleading.

I sell all sort of low end stuff daily and I noticed the price of my items were dropped. I am not saying what I noticed has any relationship with rAD refinement cap. However, the price of legendary mount is even less related to the AD supplies.

I am also watching the price of various middle tier stuff. That also had slightly drop.

Again, what I noticed probably had no relationship with rAD refinement cap effect. Probably, just a simple supply and demand effect.

By the way, rAD refinement cap does not decrease rAD supply. It increases rAD supply from those who plays less than 3 characters. i.e. those who had 72000 or less cap before. That may be a bigger population than those who has more than 2 characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    seijidaseijida Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    You could drain a lot of AD if you could exchange more of them to Zen instantly.
    Right now you wait about 3 weeks for your Zen to get exchanged, which is just crazy.
    And I think in general it would barely hurt to allow people to exchange a bit more and faster.
    Sure, a few of the things the people could make money from but many would use the items themselves. THAT would help, if you could actually still earn an VIP from ingame witholut having to wait for ages to get it through. xD
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    seijida said:

You could drain a lot of AD if you could exchange more of them to Zen instantly.
    Right now you wait about 3 weeks for your Zen to get exchanged, which is just crazy.
    And I think in general it would barely hurt to allow people to exchange a bit more and faster.
    Sure, a few of the things the people could make money from but many would use the items themselves. THAT would help, if you could actually still earn an VIP from ingame witholut having to wait for ages to get it through. xD

Hmmm! You don't know how Zax works. Exchange through Zax drains 0 AD. Zax is the only mechanism in game that involves AD and has 0 AD sink. AD is just passed to another player.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    If more things where not acct bound or character bound the sales of said items on auction house will take ad away from game.also a lot these things may only be needed for a short time and lead to more purchases thus more ad leaving game .
    another approach is to sell profestion items that are bound that cant be resold on ah this would set a presidence for amount of ad and stop back log of items trying to be sold at higher prices than they should thus getting the flow of items going on ah .
  • Options
    lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Zax is the only mechanism in game that involves AD and has 0 AD sink. AD is just passed to another player.

The ZAX was meant for player to player exchange, but there are no technical reasons why it must be. There are simply no incentives for Cryptic to do otherwise.

Post edited by lldt on
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

I sell all sort of low end stuff daily and I noticed the price of my items were dropped. I am not saying what I noticed has any relationship with rAD refinement cap. However, the price of legendary mount is even less related to the AD supplies.

I am also watching the price of various middle tier stuff. That also had slightly drop.

Again, what I noticed probably had no relationship with rAD refinement cap effect. Probably, just a simple supply and demand effect.

By the way, rAD refinement cap does not decrease rAD supply. It increases rAD supply from those who plays less than 3 characters. i.e. those who had 72000 or less cap before. That may be a bigger population than those who has more than 2 characters.

Not exactly.
    It increases their potential.
    If they were serious about helping those players earn more the cap would not have come hand in hand with an account wide restriction of one full reward per Random Queue.
    How easy it it for one of those players (2 toons only...) to reach even the 72k they could previously?
    That additional 28k may be worth the additional effort for some, but I think the devs knew that for most just the notion that they are getting a bump at the expense of "whales" then they wouldn't mind the reality that to earn that extra would mean a lot of extra effort.

If they really wanted to help those players they would have set the RQ earning limit at higher than 1 per account.
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    1. The price of Legend mounts has nothing to do with rAD cap. The cap was put into place to stall the growth of ZAX not hurt the AH. The prices on AH are player set. We saw that on the launch of chult 1 when that one pet went from a million AD to a hundred AD because someone had purposely brought the price down inside the flooding stage.
    2. The problems with ZAX won't be fixed by the cap, only slowed. The true problem is the items bought with Zen that should have a 'in game' method of acquiring. This will leave the zen market with only the top items and a good size chunk of AD on the zax will be pulled to buy the items taken from zen to the 'bazaar' or something.
    3. An alternate ZAX that does AD sink would benifit most of the 'rich' players and in my opinion would be beneficial. by this i mean, put up a 1 zen : 1000 AD exchange that doesn't pull from zen buyers. Keep the 1;500 as it is for those who can wait. But then again moving the items players most want to use zen on that doesn't need to be in Zen market to the bazaar or something would alleviate this need. (i.e. completion tokens, all of the mounts and pets, items like the SKT shovel, etc.)
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Not exactly.
    It increases their potential.
    If they were serious about helping those players earn more the cap would not have come hand in hand with an account wide restriction of one full reward per Random Queue.
    How easy it it for one of those players (2 toons only...) to reach even the 72k they could previously?
    That additional 28k may be worth the additional effort for some, but I think the devs knew that for most just the notion that they are getting a bump at the expense of "whales" then they wouldn't mind the reality that to earn that extra would mean a lot of extra effort.

If they really wanted to help those players they would have set the RQ earning limit at higher than 1 per account.
    I did not say which particular spectrum of players would be helped because I seriously do not know what their intention was and what kind of real effect it will become. I don't even think it has much to do with Zax waiting time. For me, Zax waiting time is not even a problem. I know others disagree.

In the high level, I guess they want to slow down rAD production produced by players who run many toon to overcome the character base refinement limit.
    Personally, I don't really care because as always, I just do stuff my way to deal with their changes.
  • Options
    lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User

The cap was put into place to stall the growth of ZAX

We're looking at this from a player's perspective. Even if devs made comments of ZAX backlog concern (I don't think they have), I doubt that the backlog, in and of itself, is a major concern to them. Fixing exploitative farming was their goal. As a matter of fact, a long backlog might actually get some people to buy zen instead of waiting.

The higher rate alt ZAX is an interesting idea though. I hope I'm wrong about their concerns and priorities.

• Options
    chivonicachivonica Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I find it funny. All the people that instantly ran to the official forums and said this would sort out the bots, ah prices and backlog. Yeh about that......

While I do think it has addressed a few things to certain degrees, others have not been touched as of yet. This was meant to be the first step in addressing some of those issues with other future "fixes" in mind and inc. As much as I or you may dislike what has happened it is best judged after they implement said features ect imo.

I do think it was approached very heavy handily and could of started with some decent AD sinks but w/e. Time will tell.
  • Options

Solution: Stop all the huge Zenshop Sales on Black Friday and Summer Event or sell those Items in wondrous bazaar, where you burn 100% AD.

You are telling Cryptic not to earn money. Nice.
  • Options
    oqupo#0811 oqupo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    My personal experience with the rAD cap is that most things in the game are now worthless and that is making it less fun to play.
    Why? I love running dungeons. I'm doing daily the random queues and some more dungeons I like to run. It didn't take a week that I was holding more then half a million rADs - meanwhile it's several millions. Since then, most things I did or were keen on before, like the weekly quests, seals, purple gear and so on, became worthless for me. I'm seeing me asking myself if it's still worth to buy vip, cause the keys have no more value and because I'm playing meanwhile only with one toon (before the cap I played and evolved all my 8 toons), I have hundreds of keys, hundreds of scrolls.
    My main char is now on 16k iLvl. Whatever I like to enhance costs at least half a million. With 100k per day, that's about one item upgraded per week and it feels like I make no progress anymore.
    Playing my other toons, doesn't help in any way to progress, cause there is almost nothing that would be worth to do, which I can't do better with my main.
    One solution for that problem could be, if the weekly quests in the campaings not give rAD, but real AD, or something useful. But as I'm restricted to 100k now, and I can't expand it anymore with evolving toons, I don't want to put any more effort on these.
    In my eyes this limiting factor for one toon is the main failure of this new system and I hope they find a solution for that soon.

• Options
    ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    What has the rAD cap done for me? It has hindered my progression.

What has it done for the game? I have no idea what the macro impact is. I await a credible report of findings.

My current rAD surplus is around 3 million. I know people with over 10 million. It grows every day. MOD 14 hunt mechanism made access to salvage far easier than ever before. I used to struggle to get enough rAD for my characters to refine before Barovia. Now it flows like water except Cryptic has clogged the plumbing.

Taken as a whole I see this as a left hand / right hand thing. Different factions within Cryptic put forth contravening mechanics. Makes me wonder if there is a comprehensive product vision and if there is anyone in charge.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Solution: Stop all the huge Zenshop Sales on Black Friday and Summer Event or sell those Items in wondrous bazaar, where you burn 100% AD.

You are telling Cryptic not to earn money. Nice.
    Okay, another solution, just make all Zen Items accountbound. So, these people can't sell them in auction house.

No, because there are times when I'm low on wards or keys and my wife has some on her account that she's willing to give me, or vice versa. Just because people are selling things from the Zen store on the AH doesn't mean there aren't legitimate reasons to leave them unbound - and that isn't to say that selling things on the Zen store isn't legitimate, either.
  • Options
    corellon359corellon359 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I'm doing my grind for a Chultan Tiger. The 100K per day helps, but not that much honestly. I make more AD off the AH by selling/reselling items to be honest.

if they want an AD sink, put some more items people could use in the bazaar.
  • Options
    pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I'm just trying to upgrade my companions.... costing me 500k at this point.... I only have 357k on 1 guy cause I spend all day farming the 100k to refine by doing the random that gives 1k per run. at this rate it will take me another year to get my second character's companions upgraded as well... yeah takes too damn long.

reduce the cost of basic game functions please.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Just random runs? What level are you?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    I'm level 70 but only have the brave token armor set, I'm at 7k gear score still not high enough for the good stuff and I can't get help to do the quest that gives the better gear. I'm casual so I don't spend all day in game looking for people to help out. I just random for a while, refine what Q I get and log out.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    pallier said:

I'm at 7k gear score still not high enough for the good stuff and I can't get help to do the quest that gives the better gear.

Go do the barovia intro quest. You will get a pack of vistani gear that should put you well beyond 10K and gets you into RIQ. Do a few upgrades and you get 11k to get into RAQ. Easy peazy.

• Options

pallier said:

I'm at 7k gear score still not high enough for the good stuff and I can't get help to do the quest that gives the better gear.

Go do the barovia intro quest. You will get a pack of vistani gear that should put you well beyond 10K and gets you into RIQ. Do a few upgrades and you get 11k to get into RAQ. Easy peazy.

well I did it and got the Vistani gear... which is 469 item score... the brave merchant gear was 500. I'm afraid it only took me slightly up due to the shirt, pants, and belt I'm at 8k now still not good enough for RIQ or anything that can upgrade me.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Are you in a guild?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
This discussion has been closed.