test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Misleading Thank you crate content description.

Hi there,
might be that I am overly pessimistic but are you all sure we will actually receive ALL items described in the "NEWS" announcement of the Protector's Jubilee 2018!?

So after one day of participating in the event (i.e. doing the “It’s a Celebration!” quest) we will receive an Ultimate Enchanting Stone
AND Power Points x10
AND Retraining Tokens x5
AND Bank Slots x16
AND Epic Experience Booster?

And after 2 Days we will receive an additional runic bag of holding?
AND Companion Upgrade Tokens x70
AND Legendary Dragon Keys x20?

The reason I am asking is not only a much more "blurry" description by Elminster in the German client, but also the fact that one could (pessimistically) interpret the statement in the English announcement as "EITHER" instead of "AND"

As said, just asking :)

After all, optimistic people are mostly just insufficiently informed.

Cheers, Cyberbrat

Comments

• Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Whatever we get, it's free, so I won't be complaining.
  • Options
    cyberbrat#2519 cyberbrat Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    @lantern22: I was not complaining, i was just asking.
    @kreatyve: Thanks a lot for clarifying. The German community appreciates this XD
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yay I did all 7 days... (trolling)
    I love that the quest was not super long as it does not detract from out daily events
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    The only thing I don't like is how it was misleading as to how much was going to be given ONLY to the one character that started the chain. Had I (and I assume others) known that it would not be able to be shifted to other characters (the quest or the items) then, we would have chosen other characters to do the quest series with. And, the Thank You pack seems like it will be linked to whoever did the quests as well, which means more stuff that is stuck on the wrong characters... The biggest reason people seem to be complaining, is that for once, they did as we asked, and updated an event, gave out rewards worth having! And, because of simple little issues like choosing the wrong character due to bad wording, means we end up missing out on a bunch of it =(
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

The only thing I don't like is how it was misleading as to how much was going to be given ONLY to the one character that started the chain. Had I (and I assume others) known that it would not be able to be shifted to other characters (the quest or the items) then, we would have chosen other characters to do the quest series with. And, the Thank You pack seems like it will be linked to whoever did the quests as well, which means more stuff that is stuck on the wrong characters... The biggest reason people seem to be complaining, is that for once, they did as we asked, and updated an event, gave out rewards worth having! And, because of simple little issues like choosing the wrong character due to bad wording, means we end up missing out on a bunch of it =(

Basically this.
    Now I'm not overly bothered because I did start it on the "right" toon, but that was mostly by chance as I had decided to change my main from my CW to my OP and OP needs stuff plus I was playing her most anyway so it made sense. But if I hadn't made this decision I'd still have wanted most of the stuff transferred to her as she was the one in the need of the stuff while my CW already has better.
    So that most of the gear and transmutes are locked to the character or class that has been doing the quests is a really bad design.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    My understanding is that most of the items inside the packs are bind to account, so not sure what the issue is as far as which character does it.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

My understanding is that most of the items inside the packs are bind to account, so not sure what the issue is as far as which character does it.

Sure, but the gear you get is specific to the class that opens the crate. The crate is bound to character. So if I open stuff on my warlock and want to put it on my GWF, then I'm hosed. See the problem now?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

So if I open stuff on my warlock and want to put it on my GWF, then I'm hosed. See the problem now?

Eh...no...I don't see any class-specific gear in the list at all...no weapons or armor, so just where is the problem?
    Ultimate Enchanting Stone
    Power Points x10
    Retraining Tokens x5
    Bank Slots x16
    Epic Experience Booster
    Runic Bag of Holding
    Companion Upgrade Tokens x70
    Legendary Dragon Keys x40
    Apparatus Anniversary Crate – Choice of one Apparatus of Kwalish mount
    Anniversary Rare Companion Crate – Choice of Xuna or Makos companion
    Coalescent Ward
    Title “The Jubilant”
    Companion Helper Pack - Contains 1 Lesser Bonding Runestone, 1 Companion Upgrade Token Pack (45 tokens), 6 Codex of Companion Experience, 1 Companion Idle Slot Pack (6 Companion Idle Slots)
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    adinosii said:

So if I open stuff on my warlock and want to put it on my GWF, then I'm hosed. See the problem now?

Eh...no...I don't see any class-specific gear in the list at all...no weapons or armor, so just where is the problem?
    Power Points x10
    Retraining Tokens x5
    Bank Slots x16
    Epic Experience Booster
    Runic Bag of Holding
    Coalescent Ward
    Title “The Jubilant”
    Companion Helper Pack - Contains 1 Lesser Bonding Runestone, 1 Companion Upgrade Token Pack (45 tokens), 6 Codex of Companion Experience, 1 Companion Idle Slot Pack (6 Companion Idle Slots)

Ahh, yeah. Sorry. I was thinking about the gear crate from the daily Jubilee quest that gives the anniversary coin. Still, I ran the quest chain on my warlock, who has 124 power points. I would prefer to have the 10 power points on any one of my: DC, OP, GF, GWF, TR, or CW. Same with the bank slots; I just bought a bunch on my warlock and, while he isn't maxed out and having them on him won't be a loss, I would have purchased a set on a different character, instead. Similarly, while I'll definitely use one retraining token on my warlock, I doubt I'll ever use 5 unless they make serious changes to the class.
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    My only real concern are the bank slots. I did the quests on my main who already has the max 176 slots.
    If it is some kind of token that I can open or use on another character then way cool, otherwise I guess I just miss that freebie.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

My only real concern are the bank slots. I did the quests on my main who already has the max 176 slots.
    If it is some kind of token that I can open or use on another character then way cool, otherwise I guess I just miss that freebie.

It's an account bound coupon. You're good.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    So, others have opened it? Or... ? I have not been able to get it yet, was understanding that it would be after the event closes, so, Sunday I think? Just wondering how many items will be "used on pickup"... are the power points a coupon also? Are they individual coupons or just one big one, or...? There are so many items being given out, and so little word on what exactly each item is, as to the status of "account", "character", "used on pickup", "coupon", "crate", etc...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited June 2018

So, others have opened it? Or... ? I have not been able to get it yet, was understanding that it would be after the event closes, so, Sunday I think? Just wondering how many items will be "used on pickup"... are the power points a coupon also? Are they individual coupons or just one big one, or...? There are so many items being given out, and so little word on what exactly each item is, as to the status of "account", "character", "used on pickup", "coupon", "crate", etc...

It is not yet available. kreatyve probably got the information from her channel.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

adinosii said:

Power Points x10
    Retraining Tokens x5
    Bank Slots x16
    Epic Experience Booster
    Runic Bag of Holding
    Coalescent Ward
    Title “The Jubilant”
    Ahh, yeah. Sorry. I was thinking about the gear crate from the daily Jubilee quest that gives the anniversary coin.

Yeah ditto, sorry. Too many damn boxes this year XD
    But about those, it really is a problem that the boxes are tied to character and the content of said boxes are tied to the class of the character that opens it. I really wish they'd made those boxes account bound, or at least made it so you could choose stuff for a different class than your own.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

It's an account bound coupon. You're good.
    This is good news! Thx for the info.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    my DC pick wolf outfit, and seem it is missing legging/boots to get complete set, got the hood, cloak, chest and gloves, but didnt see any boots.
  • Options
    ilithyn said:

Ahh, yeah. Sorry. I was thinking about the gear crate from the daily Jubilee quest that gives the anniversary coin.

Yeah ditto, sorry. Too many damn boxes this year XD
    But about those, it really is a problem that the boxes are tied to character and the content of said boxes are tied to the class of the character that opens it. I really wish they'd made those boxes account bound, or at least made it so you could choose stuff for a different class than your own.

Agreed. If they'd just made the crate bound to account, the problem would have been solved.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

It is not yet available. kreatyve probably got the information from her channel.
    I got the information from Julia, who was able to dev magic open one on an internal server to specifically check about the bank slots.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User

I was able to do it on more than one character. I had the eminent guest quest on another character from last year and after completing it, it let me do it's a celebration again.
  • Options
    marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    So what day specifically will we be able to get the chest? Saturday or Sunday?
  • Options

So what day specifically will we be able to get the chest? Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday, June 23rd immediately following the end of the event.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Hi there,
    might be that I am overly pessimistic but are you all sure we will actually receive ALL items described in the "NEWS" announcement of the Protector's Jubilee 2018!?

So after one day of participating in the event (i.e. doing the “It’s a Celebration!” quest) we will receive an Ultimate Enchanting Stone
    AND Power Points x10
    AND Retraining Tokens x5
    AND Bank Slots x16

The reason I am asking is not only a much more "blurry" description by Elminster in the German client, but also the fact that one could (pessimistically) interpret the statement in the English announcement as "EITHER" instead of "AND"

Cheers, Cyberbrat

No, the rewards are for the number of days participated by the character who picks up the reward so make sure the one that does has done the most (up to 5) days of completing quests. The Crates are bound to that character, but the contents are bound to account and each can be claimed by any character on the account.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Hi there,

AND Power Points x10
    AND Retraining Tokens x5
    AND Bank Slots x16

Cheers, Cyberbrat

No, the rewards are for the number of days participated by the character who picks up the reward so make sure the one that does has done the most (up to 5) days of completing quests. The Crates are bound to that character, but the contents are bound to account and each can be claimed by any character on the account.
    I believe the days the reward refers to is how many days “It’s a Celebration!” the character did.
    Since only one character per account can do “It’s a Celebration!”, there is only one character can pick up the reward.
    I can be wrong though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

Hi there,

AND Power Points x10
    AND Retraining Tokens x5
    AND Bank Slots x16

Cheers, Cyberbrat

I believe the days the reward refers to is how many days “It’s a Celebration!” the character did.
    Since only one character per account can do “It’s a Celebration!”, there is only one character can pick up the reward.
    I can be wrong though.
    Yeah... I have the (wrong) character who did all 5 days because I screwed up and did it with her the first day, not knowing the quest chain was stuck on her, could not be swapped. But, my main actually did the most quests (like, every single other quest, every day, and farmed bounties to around 300 opened or something...)

But, will have to pick up the TY crate with the other character, and hope that everything really is account bound... but, after seeing how much of the dailies was character bound, or character specific (the gear), I'm not at all feeling good about this.
  • Options
    honestabe73honestabe73 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I appreciate the free stuff and all they put in for the event, but I was so excited when I got weapon crates as a reward for day #4 coin. Then I open it and it's blue gear that is IL 420, was hoping for at least a little better gear.
  • Options
    divinity#8199 divinity Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    kreatyve said:

If you have done the event for all 5 days, then as soon as the Jubilee is over, your Thank You gift will contain:

Power Points x10
    Retraining Tokens x5
    Bank Slots x16
    Epic Experience Booster
    Runic Bag of Holding
    Coalescent Ward
    Title “The Jubilant”

Can this chest be opened like 1 months after the event? I would to know for example if the Ultimate Enchanting Stone in this chest will be x2 if opened during the next x2 Enchanting stones event?
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    im arry nbot trolling here or nothing but does anybdy avtually READ anymore nowadays??? on both px and ps4 main pages there was the jubliee event info page you cloud click on to read more an upon clicking on this lead to the page explaining how the "its a celebration" quest worked and what rewards were abailible per coin as well as the thank you crate at the end of the event.... after reading completely i had no problemn understanding anything about the quest and knew everythin i would receive and what was btc and what was bta even if opened on only one character......im scratching my head as to how anything cloud have been misleading..... an im visually imapired sevrely an i got it all just by reading the page lol...... again not trolling or nothing lol
  • Options

im arry nbot trolling here or nothing but does anybdy avtually READ anymore nowadays??? on both px and ps4 main pages there was the jubliee event info page you cloud click on to read more an upon clicking on this lead to the page explaining how the "its a celebration" quest worked and what rewards were abailible per coin as well as the thank you crate at the end of the event.... after reading completely i had no problemn understanding anything about the quest and knew everythin i would receive and what was btc and what was bta even if opened on only one character......im scratching my head as to how anything cloud have been misleading..... an im visually imapired sevrely an i got it all just by reading the page lol...... again not trolling or nothing lol

The blog had to be edited several times for clarifications. It's possible that people didn't read it after the edits.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Exactly, and there wasn't any notification that it had been edited, either, so once we read the blog, why would we check back, and if we did, how would we know what had changed, too? I read it the first day it was up, and told my brother that some of it was worded REALLY badly, his response was that the part I pointed out had already been edited 2 or 3 times! So... yeah, there were bad mistakes made in how things were written out, and it's pretty easy to see how we misunderstood even some of the edited versions.