test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Introduction to the dev team by @handles.

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
Frequently here on the forums when players feel there is a topic that deserves a look by the devs/community manager they will *Ping* them here by their @handles. The primary issue is we have no "directory" telling us "who's who" of the dev team. Without a reference to which dev is responsible for a given in game mechanic forum goers will simply ping all the dev @handles they've seen in hopes to reach the one that will find it pertinent.

In order to avoid this overuse of @handles, and unnecessary *pinging* , perhaps we could get a directory/list of the @handles of the devs and their position/responsibilities in game? It would be much appreciated!

If players would like to see this, feel free to support!

@nitocris83
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Great idea!
  • Options

I feel bad for the guy named @handles so many alerts and no one's talking to or about him.

True, however you just pinged him as well, and I may have too simply by quoting you... it's a vicious cycle.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Sadly many of the developers likely don't respond to the forums too often unless perhaps they are introducing a new mechanic or changes. I'd suspect we're unlikely to see them willing to provide anyone in the forum a breakdown of the various developers and their roles because roles / responsibilities likely change frequently depending what they are working on.

I think the best we could hope for is to ping @nitocris83 or maybe the Lead Game Designer; even he'd likely prefer we mostly kept our CM in the loop as it's her job to interface between players and developers. o:)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    There are three things I'd point out. The first is, it's common courtesy for any company to make a directory that is updated even as employees change positions (it literally takes 2 minutes or less to update a "roster" or directory). I mean unless the positions are changing so often they feel players would be disappointed to see how quickly the roster rotates?

Secondarily, if the CM and the Lead game designer want to be kept in the loop, it is very easy to ping them both while pinging the developer who would be working on said task.

Thirdly, I'd say it's actually the CMs job to inform us of who's who as it's her job to keep the players updated on developers developments. :smile:

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    I am sure you are looking for @dev@responsibleforpvpchanges : D
  • Options
    bloodzakjonbloodzakjon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    i've put lol as i've found it funny, you wish to communicate this, but not maintenance to the steam forums etc
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

i've put lol as i've found it funny, you wish to communicate this, but not maintenance to the steam forums etc

There was a maintenance thread posted here on the forums. Not sure how you missed it. It was right here.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options

Oooh this is one of those community ideas/mindmelds that I can actually confirm will happen! It has actually been in the works for the last few months (as part of a larger "professional growth" project for yours truly) which is also why we created icons that go with each area that we've used in some streams.

It's good to see you trying to bring the Dev team and the Playerbase a little closer. The more that happens, the more transparent the company becomes and inclusive the better morale will be amongst the community.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    bloodzakjonbloodzakjon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

There was a maintenance thread posted here on the forums. Not sure how you missed it. It was right here.
    thanks for the reply, but i didn't miss it, seems you also didn't read the post, i said steam, not here, the steam forum, but thanks all the same, as like i said, i didn't miss it, the question was asked at the steam forums, i'm just the messenger who got shot down for posting it, 2,568 In-Game atm on steam, with no maintenance posts there, but it's your game, so use which forum you wish, makes no difference to me :)
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I feel bad for the guy named @handles so many alerts and no one's talking to or about him.

See... now I have to go create a handlesatgmaildotcom email account.

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

thanks for the reply, but i didn't miss it, seems you also didn't read the post, i said steam, not here, the steam forum, but thanks all the same, as like i said, i didn't miss it, the question was asked at the steam forums, i'm just the messenger who got shot down for posting it, 2,568 In-Game atm on steam, with no maintenance posts there, but it's your game, so use which forum you wish, makes no difference to me :)
    Yeah, I don't think we ever have much to do with the Steam forum. Maintenance messages generally go out on Twitter, Facebook and sometimes here (if there are changes). But yeah... Steam forums are not a good place to watch for stuff like that.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    karamekoskaramekos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Midway through 2017 I compiled a list that included some of the handles for a portion of the Neverwinter team for the Developer Appreciation Week. Here's what I had from that point in time and I'm not sure how many of this team still works on the game, whether their roles have changed, etc. I also do not know how to post this in a more visually friendly format and apologize for the lack to technical savvy.

The format is:

First Name Last Name (Role) at handle

Thomas Foss (Lead Designer and Mimic King) mimicking
    Julia Fredrickson (Community Manager) nitocris83
    Robert Gutschera (Sr Systems Designer) rgutscheradav
    Vincent Malley (Producer) terramak
    Douglas Miller (Systems Designer) asterdahl
    Randy Mosiondz (Sr Content Designer/Loremaster) crypticarkayne
    Jules Norcross (UI Artist) midnightlight
    Jared Sears (Systems Designer) noworries
    Chantelle Tatum (Systems Designer) ctatumdev
    Tradd Thompson (Systems Designer) dreadnaught

I do not know the names of others, such as ashryver, chaidrin, miasmat and ontheriver. Who could forget the Starlight Parcel weekend of work miasmat did during the Winter Festival of 2016! Thankfully that issue did not surface again in the 2017 Winter Festival and miasmat hopefully enjoyed the holiday break.
  • Options
    @nitocris83 is this list up to date is it current form any omissions additions?

some devs are no longer logging into the forums and checking or reading thier mail or even responding to a thread
    that is quite apparent when you click their name and it says last time logged in and the numbers given is in several months +
    maybe we are addressing feedback to members that are no longer on your team
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Devs responsible for audio and ambient sound effects are also missing for this list as there are many threads asking where to find them to ask questions/ make suggestion and report audio issues as well