What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tomb of Annihilation Preview Patch Notes: NW.85.20170711b.10

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes

Content and Environment
Soshenstar River
  • An attempt has been made to prevent Spli-ti from getting stuck in an unsummonable state.
  • Another Tyrannosaur path has been added, and Tyrannosaurs spawn a little more frequently.
  • Bone Golems now spawn less frequently.
  • Merchant Prince's Bounty
    • The weekly quest "Merchant Princes' Bounty" now grants completion credit for "slaying a hunt mark" when a player engages a rare spawn in combat and it is killed, regardless of the damage they deal to the target.
    • The text for the quest "Merchant Princes' Bounty" has been updated to more clearly outline its objectives.
Tomb of the Nine Gods
  • The Quest Path now properly continues after the Avatar of Orcus encounter.
  • The three-mimic puzzle now removes options as mimics are killed off.
  • Trap triggering cutscenes now correctly show the character who triggered them.
General
  • Epic Seals: This quest can once again be completed.
  • Icewind Dale: Needless Distractions: Heroic Encounters in Dwarven Valley now properly give credit toward this quest.

Combat and Powers
Trickster Rogue
  • Shadow of Demise now calculates its damage based on the damage dealt before the enemy's damage resistance is taken into account, and no longer benefits twice from buffs or debuffs on an enemy.
Companions
  • Companions no longer have worse stats than they had prior to the release of Tomb of Annihilation.
  • The Chultan Hunter and Tamed Velociraptor companions now give Item Level equivalent to other similar companions.
  • The Chultan Hunter companion no longer allows players to gain bonus currency beyond timed caps.
General
  • Charm of the Serpent: This artifact's power no longer has charge-up behavior.

Items and Economy
General
  • Batiri Voodoo Doll: This item once again displays its name in its tooltip.
  • Heroic Encounters now grant adjusted Chultan Riches. Camp Vengeance grants 100, and King of Spines gives 50.
  • League and League's Elite feet slot items now properly grant their run speed buff under their stated conditions.
  • More tweaks have been made to Chultan Treasure reward drop rates.
  • Players no longer incorrectly gain extra reputation from certain campaign quests.
Hunts
  • All players who engage in combat with a rare monster will now have a chance of earning a trophy when it is killed, regardless of the damage they deal to the target.
  • Heroic Encounters now award a T-Rex Fang directly to the inventory when the player earns one.
  • Heroic Encounter scoreboards no longer show a T-Rex Fang if the player cannot collect one.
  • The amount of loot granted from 1, 2 and 3 star hunt marks has been increased.
  • When players engage a rare monster in combat as a group, all players will now have a chance of earning a trophy when it is killed.
Fishing
  • Fishing rewards no longer incorrectly show T-Rex fangs that the player cannot collect (for example, when they already have one in their inventory).

User Interface
Hardware
  • Users of certain Corsair keyboards with contextual lighting can now use the command "gfxEnable 0" in order to pause the changes in lighting. To turn it back on again, they can use "gfxEnable 1" instead.

Art, Animation, and Effects
General
  • Several fixes have been made to certain creature, character, and cutscene animations.

Comments

• Options
    hiddenginja#2174 hiddenginja Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I noticed on companions it says that they dont have worse stats anymore compared to before mod12. That doesnt sound like it includes a fix to the fluctuating stats from the legendary bonus that came with mod12? Bit of clarification on this?
  • Options
    egmontokdelegmontokdel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Meeting in a new location, now not needed, delete them was easier than to make such changes.
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User

I noticed on companions it says that they dont have worse stats anymore compared to before mod12. That doesnt sound like it includes a fix to the fluctuating stats from the legendary bonus that came with mod12? Bit of clarification on this?

From my quick limited testing, stats fluctuate, but a lot less.

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    So, Batiri Voodoo Doll fixed....what about the Dinosaur voodoo doll? Dos it still say it kills undead minions?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Is it maybe just that you don't have 100% uptime on the companion bonuses, and the fluctuations we were seeing were because the 16%, 8% 4% etc... bonuses were turning on and off independently of each other?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    The Legendary Bonus from Companions does turn on and off when you have more than 1 Legendary Companions active. The icon on the buff bar remains, but the stats comes and goes while standing still with your companion next to you.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

The Legendary Bonus from Companions does turn on and off when you have more than 1 Legendary Companions active. The icon on the buff bar remains, but the stats comes and goes while standing still with your companion next to you.

So that's not the fix we're looking for.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    @terramak

Chultan mobs are still ignoring CC immunity from various class based powers, could you or someone please look into this?

Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    My stats on preview are now boosted where they should be (?) and remain. Will test further later today. I have all legendary companions. Just did a quick test and my arp and crit are now maxed where they were not prior to this release.
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    Stats are still randomly dropping. Sometime individually, sometimes simultaneously.

Good news is, the stats are back where they should be. When the stats drop, they are still higher than before this fix.

Which begs the question. Which stats are the correct level? The lower values or the higher values? This is critical to know in order to adjust my build accordingly. Could a dev please reply and tell us. Which are correct?
  • Options
    From what I've read so far the legendary companion bonus bug is still present. And to whoever said about the uptime, its suppose to have 100% uptime when your companion is summoned. There is no natural variation.

Guess thats another week of them not even mentioning it. Time to wait I suppose.
  • Options

This is a major bug. Right now I am registering losing 2,604 Power while having 4 legendary pets. The stats are literally blinking off and on. We are encouraged to upgrade to 5 legendary pets to gain stats, instead we are losing stats we had before the module launched, when we had one legendary.

Yes but I've personally posted up about 4 different topics of this, including the release bug report forums for mod12, then once they closed that I posted it on the general bug reports. And still nothing. It is a major bug. Just not major enough to be acknowledged by the devs apparently.

You'd think after so many people have complained and posted about it there would be some word wouldnt you.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

This is a major bug. Right now I am registering losing 2,604 Power while having 4 legendary pets. The stats are literally blinking off and on. We are encouraged to upgrade to 5 legendary pets to gain stats, instead we are losing stats we had before the module launched, when we had one legendary.

Yes but I've personally posted up about 4 different topics of this, including the release bug report forums for mod12, then once they closed that I posted it on the general bug reports. And still nothing. It is a major bug. Just not major enough to be acknowledged by the devs apparently.

You'd think after so many people have complained and posted about it there would be some word wouldnt you.
    There is no dev post on this page.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12975329

Haha, jk, there totally is.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited August 2017

There is no dev post on this page.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12975329

Haha, jk, there totally is.

Congrats on trying to be smart but that post is specifically about the mod 12 stat changes, NOT the legendary companion bug, as is evident by the patch notes you're commenting on. Never have they specifically stated that they acknowledge or are fixing the legendary companion bug, merely the change in stats which happened as a result of mod 12 release.

If you actually took the time to read the post you linked, its on about when the servers came back up. I myself lost stats due to mod12 release, not fluctuating stats like the legendary companion bug, but I LOST stats, which is what the post you linked is refering to. Completely seperate issues.

If you're going to try to be smart, atleast come with credible evidence to back yourself up with.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Nice. Keep up the good work! Some requests for the designers, if I may:

1. Please move RD resources to the useful items tab. They're bound to character anyway and we have a separate counter in the River District. The extra bag in m12 is nice, but all the trophies and voodoo dolls are leaving us in the same situation as before.

2. More bank space. Please. You have no idea how many BtC items pile up over time. Either that, or allow us to make them Bind to Account so we can do some load-leveling.

3. A wardrobe where we can place fashion pieces, especially the BOP ones from mastercrafting that we cannot reclaim.

4. How about a new CTA event so that we can earn skirmish achievements that we missed? Defend the Village would be a nice candidate, for example. Speaking of which, I was floored when I saw the new Arachne Broodling in two of the old zones. It's nice to see something new there. I'm really hoping that it's a sign of a new CTA in a familiar place...

5. As a guild leader, one unfortunate task that I have to perform from time to time is cull inactive accounts when we near the account cap. To that end, it would be nice if sorting on the status column in the roster would perform a proper sort-by-date. In addition, when you have to kick someone, the popup says "Are you sure you wish to kick this person?" It would be nice if it said who was selected instead of just "this person". More than once I've accidentally kicked the wrong one because the selected entry wasn't the one I thought it was.

6. For that matter, another really nice QoL improvement/bugfix would be if column sorting worked better in the AH. For example: every once in a while I look for new and/or rare items that I don't have, but I don't know what I'm looking for. Some years ago we used to be able to sort by buyout price and it would give you a new set of results based on which way it was sorted. That hasn't worked for some time, though.

7. Now, a REALLY cool update to the AH would be if you could tell it to group like items together in an expandable tree, like the way that the new quest journal can group by zone. I don't know if this would be bad for the server, since it could theoretically return far more than 400 items, but I suppose you could use the paging mechanism to jump to a new batch of results once we reach a certain threshold (e.g. if the items are sorted alphabetically, at some point you'd reach the end of the 400 item window and it would refresh with a new result set once you paged past a certain point).

8. Oh, speaking of which, in the quest journal, "expand all" and "collapse all" buttons would be a godsend. Perhaps that could be a low-hanging-fruit improvement.

9. Chult is particularly hard on companions' ability to stay alive. One thought I have goes something along the lines of the new Everfrost resistance periapt item: what about something that goes into the useful items tab that gives your summoned companion more HP? (A lot more HP).

Edited for readability.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It could be no one is responding to it because like Julia said in the thread about it, they are still trying to find out exactly what the problem is. You have so many people talking about different things in that thread to where it is confusing what issues the majority of the people are having. Or at least that is how I read that thread.
This discussion has been closed.