test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NEW Seal Trader wrecks game!

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 188 Arc User
The new seal trader will wreck the game. How?

Basically there is now no easy or early lvl 70 armor for players. Ya there are relics...but you have to restore them.

1) Cryptic is forcing the failed storm kings campaign on all players now. How are they going to be able to do RD or SK with level 60 gear? The elite players will be in new area for the next 3-4 months.

2) So in the last 3hrs....I've gotten only 1/2 of the voninblod needed to restore 1 peice. People still aren't running HE's so you have to dig.

3) Your forcing dungeon and other campaign items on people that don't meet some minimum level. new people will be forced to use whatever, yet it will also force guilds to run dungeons to help their new players. They are going to be dying a lot with that gear that comes out of the elemental evil campaign.

4) You added a new step to help players, but then pulled two out from below on them.

I don't see how cryptic plans to keep new players, when they hit the lvl 70 wall.

Comments

• Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    What was the easy/early level 70 gear before this update?
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Get the leveling armor from the Sharandar store. It can be farmed as soon as you unlock Mod 1 and has decent stats at level 70. You can then farm guild marks and upgrade to Company or Dragonflight armor. Get the protector seals from demonic HEs if you struggle to complete t1s. Drowcraft is still an option for people without access to a guild market, but if so seriously join a guild.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Basically there is now no easy or early lvl 70 armor for players. Ya there are relics...but you have to restore them.

1) Cryptic is forcing the failed storm kings campaign on all players now. How are they going to be able to do RD or SK with level 60 gear? The elite players will be in new area for the next 3-4 months.

2) So in the last 3hrs....I've gotten only 1/2 of the voninblod needed to restore 1 peice. People still aren't running HE's so you have to dig.

3) Your forcing dungeon and other campaign items on people that don't meet some minimum level. new people will be forced to use whatever, yet it will also force guilds to run dungeons to help their new players. They are going to be dying a lot with that gear that comes out of the elemental evil campaign.

4) You added a new step to help players, but then pulled two out from below on them.

I don't see how cryptic plans to keep new players, when they hit the lvl 70 wall.

There is a vivification vendor in the River District... run SHip HE's!
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Here's another weird thing: you're given the option to look at armor for other classes.

But the Relic armor and rings buyable from the seals vendor is Bound to Character.

So, what's the point of buying other class' armors? I don't think we can use them for transmutes... (I really want that CW relic helmet as a transmute for my characters...) and they don't seem that great for salvage.

• Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    rjc9000 said:

Here's another weird thing: you're given the option to look at armor for other classes.

But the Relic armor and rings buyable from the seals vendor is Bound to Character.

So, what's the point of buying other class' armors? I don't think we can use them for transmutes... (I really want that CW relic helmet as a transmute for my characters...) and they don't seem that great for salvage.

I wonder the same thing.I can understand making everything bound to character to force players to buy zen gear or farm sharandar/dread ring for everytoon

But I cant make out the reason to make other classes gear buyable and make it btC.Either dont put it at all or make it btA so we can get it to our alts
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    You could even buy armor with pretty high stats in the new mod, in case you don't want to farm.
    186k AD and you get a set of IL 420 gear.
    That´s pretty easy to obtain. Either you pay (less than 400 Zen<4 Euro) or you got some alts to farm that AD in about 2 days.
    Farming Voninblood is pretty easy these days compared to mod 10.
    If you do not want any grind don´t play a FtP-MMO
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    That would be a pretty nasty hole for a new player to fall into...

-require higher level gear to get into dungeons
    -put only method of obtaining higher level gear in the dungeons or vendor that only takes currency found in dungeon
    -ensure that anyone past that cap can't move higher level gear to new characters by making everything BtC

We haven't gotten the update yet on PS4 so I'm just kind of mulling over the affect this will have on players.

Can you get into Lostmauth/VT with the gear that you walk out of EE with? The armor and weapons set?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    With so few options for gear at each "tier", it's really hard to believe that it is all that difficult to keep track of the gear progression path.

Their willingness to remove things from this game is amazing. I understand sometimes you need to simplify getting from point a to d...but you still need to get enough out of a to be able to access d.

Seems they are trying to shorten the staircase by removing stairs.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Still fail to see the logic behind this new system. The voninblood requirement is still stupidly high. People doing T1s get enough seals to buy this unrestored armor then realize they have to wander around in areas much more dangerous for their gear level for long period of time just to get the last bit to restore that armor.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I suspect the BoE gear that can be crafted from Chultan recipes is intended to play a greater role the longer this module is out.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

You could even buy armor with pretty high stats in the new mod, in case you don't want to farm.

That´s pretty easy to obtain. Either you pay (less than 400 Zen<4 Euro) or you got some alts to farm that AD in about 2 days.

Agree with shietindebux. The League Equipment in Port Nyanzaru from the League Vendor gives IL 420 armor. To grind for one piece (43,200 per arms, leg, feet; and 57,600 for chest) is the equivalent of 1.5 days of refining.

Will seem like quite a lot for a new level 70. Or you can run T1/T2 dungeons, armor pieces will drop at the end chest, and sometimes from bosses.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    vordayn said:

Agree with shietindebux. The League Equipment in Port Nyanzaru from the League Vendor gives IL 420 armor. To grind for one piece (43,200 per arms, leg, feet; and 57,600 for chest) is the equivalent of 1.5 days of refining.

Will seem like quite a lot for a new level 70. Or you can run T1/T2 dungeons, armor pieces will drop at the end chest, and sometimes from bosses.
    This is supposedly the same gear that can be crafted, and the vendor price is just to set an upper limit. Ultimately, it should be less expensive to buy these pieces from other players.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    We told them time and again about this seal vendor being HAMSTER up.

It would be about time we get some form of acknowledgement from the devs that something went wrong but we already know that communication isn't Cryptic's main strength.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Get the leveling armor from the Sharandar store. It can be farmed as soon as you unlock Mod 1 and has decent stats at level 70. You can then farm guild marks and upgrade to Company or Dragonflight armor. Get the protector seals from demonic HEs if you struggle to complete t1s. Drowcraft is still an option for people without access to a guild market, but if so seriously join a guild.

Sharandar or Dread Ring gear works for players who are between level 60-70 and provide stats based on your character level and are account bound, this is great for players who have alts.

There is also Company Armor from guild and that can be acquired with just Guild Marks and if a player is new and joins a guild and does their daily guild quest, most players should earn enough Guild marks to buy 1 or 2 pieces by the time they reach level 70 as it takes most NEW players about 1-2 weeks to do the leveling quest.

Those are three areas where players can acquire fresh level 70 gear.

If a player has Trade Bars, they can buy the newer gear and if the devs left it, there is also the Dusk and Frostborn gear there for players.

The issue I see is that players now have to work harder to even get into dungeons. Most fresh level 70 toons will not have the IL to get into content.

Your first character will end up with 2 artifacts, 3 companions, and the gear from EE campaign. That along with R6 enchantments is not enough to get a player to Malaborg or any other T1 dungeon.

The devs need to go back and review at least Malaborg IL requirement as that is a Level 68 dungeon and not a level 70, therefore players that have just finished up the Fiery Pit should be able to access Malaborg as that is a level 68 zone. This would than provide new players the Alliance Gear that would further help improve their IL, though best bet is with Company gear from the Stronghold.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    @mebengalsfan#9264 That's the point I was trying to make - I mean sure there are plenty of ways to get alliance gear, dusk gear, drow gear etc... but currently they all take having good enough gear to either run dungeons or demonic heroics. And if you can't get into the dungeons that leaves Demonic Heroics to get the Drow stuff - or the AH to buy things. But as everything is slowly creeping toward account bound, even that isn't easy.

Malabog's should be accessible to anyone level 68 or higher that has opened up Sharandar. At least they can get a start in there and start getting AD/learning how dungeons are different then the rest of the world.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options

Your first character will end up with 2 artifacts, 3 companions, and the gear from EE campaign. That along with R6 enchantments is not enough to get a player to Malaborg or any other T1 dungeon.

Three artifacts (Cragmire, Bruenor, class sigil), and I'd say there's no point in equipping rank 6s when rank 7s are as cheap as they are.

I still say we need to see how the newest craftable gear shakes out as an affordable option before declaring that the gearing process is totally broken for new players.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Three artifacts (Cragmire, Bruenor, class sigil), and I'd say there's no point in equipping rank 6s when rank 7s are as cheap as they are.

I still say we need to see how the newest craftable gear shakes out as an affordable option before declaring that the gearing process is totally broken for new players.

I don't think the gearing process is broken. Players can play the lower dungeons to get all 115 gear or use the gear from EE, Dread Ring or Sharandar. As @ravenskya pointed out, players can also spam demonic heroes and get the drowcraft gear now that there is no cap on how many Demonic Ichor we can acquire in a day or week.

IMO this is how it should go for dungeons and gear...

Malaborg - Rare Alliance Gear
    T1 Dungeons - EPIC Alliance Gear
    T2 Dungeons - EPIC Elven Gear (replaced EPIC alliance gear since this gear is being phased out)
    T3 Dungeons - Unrestored Gear (as is) and the stuff to restore it

Not sure what the new content is being labeled as, T4 or T3 but it does have some decent, not BiS, drop gear.

Also another update is Kessell and Shores should match Malaborg for IL and should be moved to the Skirmishes since that is what they fall under.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    What generally is the IL that a new player will get when they have gotten to level 70 and finished the Elemental Evil and Sharandar campaign ? I am assuming that they have not got hand me downs from other toons, nor do they have expensive things like transcendent enchantments. I am assuming that they have just gotten gear from the content they have played so far.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

There is a vivification vendor in the River District... run SHip HE's!

Vivification vendor??? Joke?
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited July 2017

This is supposedly the same gear that can be crafted, and the vendor price is just to set an upper limit. Ultimately, it should be less expensive to buy these pieces from other players.

Yes, on the AH, some of the items are going for half the price now. One person found a League gear while fishing, BoE. It may reach salvage price eventually.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    vordayn said:

Yes, on the AH, some of the items are going for half the price now. One person found a League gear while fishing, BoE. It may reach salvage price eventually.
    I can get BoE-armor by fishing, lol, that´s nice :)

IL 420 gear full set = 147k AD or go fishing...the feet can be bought for 3k AD, top 420 rings (2 slots) = 6k AD so not much left to worry about
    IL 460 Pilgrim Chest+Gauntlets =145 tarmalune bars ! VIP is your best friend.

Honestly, if I am a fresh lev 70 , no boons, nothing, I really should either rank up my boons like running sharandar-dread-ndemo/underdark-etc. or have enough cash to buy those boons.
    There really is no need and no sense to jump directly into new mod after hitting level 70. Without boons your char is pretty weak even if you buy or grind level 420 gear or fish for it :)
    I run my lock with full boons, near maxed with a tank-PVP setup in the new area to have it comfortable.
    My dps setup is normally quite tanky but I died several times despite that fact. Running King of Spines with blue gear , dying 10 times in a row is no real joy for you and your mates that have to revive you every time, reminds me of mod 6 when it was a pain running Tiamat side by side with fesh 70 ies in blue gear and every attempt to get it done was wasted bc those player died or stood at campfire all day.
    A new 70 char should avoid places like Chult, Riverside area or Somi and get boons, a guild, insignia etc. ... it´s ment to be a process, not an "instant BIS" in this mmo and it is enjoaybale doing it step by step instead of skipping 90% of content.
    Jumping directly into Chult, skipping Sharandar, Dread, Icewind dale, Underdark, ToD, Maze engine is like runnig without 40 x rank 10 enchants !
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I agree with the OP for different reasons. The new vendor kills alot of previous content. Especially for new players. Making them resort to solo oriented content/zen stuff just to get to the new content which is supposed to be for end game (12k+) players. So why break the progression curve into something that makes it even more dull for new players?

Would be nice if new players had fun group orientated as well as solo content for a fun experience up to the new mod. The path of progression now is so unclear now. Sure for us veterans of the game it's simple to see. But putting myself in the shoes of a new player I'd be turned off by almost everything.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I wish we could just go back to unbound BoE drops. Everyone was happy back in those days.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Not the people who PUG and keep getting kicked at the end for loot. I bet the game lost a lot of players before the devs moved away from BoE drops. I almost quit because of it.

At first, I would always make a beeline for the chest right after to boss goes down. And sometimes I don't even make it before I got kicked. Then I learned to avoid groups with multiple people in the same guild. That caused me to waste a lot of time in the queue.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I'm not sure i get the issue.

-as a fresh lvl 70 you can easily do sharandar With lvl 70 blue gear From AH. Lots of content. Sharandar armor. Then dread ring. More content, more boons, get stronger. WoD campaign then awaits. More content, more boons. More gear. Get stronger. Then iwd and Then you have elemental evil. And so on. A ton of content To play as a new player To get boons that make you Way stronger. i play multiple alts. It's not hard to go through that stuff. Enjoy all the content and The progression of your toon.

-VIP: run dungeons And skirmishes (non epic ones) for daily rad and refine while doing the campaigns. Make sure you refine after each invoke to maximize The bonus. 30k limit per day. In 10 days you can buy vip 1 month through zen/ad conversion. Sell stuff you get from lockboxes to earn ads for next VIP. Use trade bars for pilgrim pieces, dusk exc...

-join a guild for some friends but also boons and dragonflight armor il you want. Or even a random guild. Because trust me, you want those guild boons.

Enjoy the content. Don't rush. You get everything you need without paying money. Money gives you stuff faster in this game, but nothing more. I play many alts simply becuse you can enjoy different classes while making each toon grow.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    That's what I also thought. Level your toon, get Boons because it is silly to run endcontent without, get a guild...it is a process, not instant Bis. If you want everything at once pay cash for the Boons and skip >90% of the content.
    I pug a lot but never experienced any kick from player after the endboss got down, not in the last 4 years.
    No clue what timezone nameless hero joins...must be a hamster timezone