test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifesteal stat should tone down.

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
LIFE steal stat in module 6 reworked because developers didnt want to be a primary defensive stat.
AFTer 5 modules i see that stat bad for the game because actually is a primary defensive stat and what does is :

1. KIlls the role of leader class want to go fulll heal( they dont need to do it).
2. Make the gameplay more smashing buttons than play your class with thought. ON 30% lifesteal chance and even lower is like to have permanent lifesteal or i need to mention and the companion with the 75% life steal chance( even if it has chance to proc)
3. THE most ridiculous is to see 1 million life back number. From zero to hero.
4. More carefull gameplay . EXample i have defender on my party to do what the buff bot? IF you remove lifesteal a dps will be more carefull how attacking the mobs.

I believe the best for the game is to remove the lifesteal and also at the same time remove the ridiculous one shots in some dungeons.
MAKe damage resistance necessary AND REmove the one shots from the game. IF you have enough dr you can get less damage and some deflection even better.

WITH above we will appreciate more the controling-healing-defending.

THANKS.

Comments

• Options

Well, if they tone down GF and DC damage and make them once again support classes, I would agree. But, DCs and GFs can be immortal DPS machines. DPS classes should be able to survive without them. Heck, you can run all content without DPS classes at all.

They will need to risk to go full damage without lifesteal. maybe if dont play it correctly they will die. LIfesteal contribute to deal massive damage for any class it even allow you to stand on floor with dot damage.
  • Options

Well, if they tone down GF and DC damage and make them once again support classes, I would agree. But, DCs and GFs can be immortal DPS machines. DPS classes should be able to survive without them. Heck, you can run all content without DPS classes at all.

They will need to risk to go full damage without lifesteal. maybe if dont play it correctly they will die. LIfesteal contribute to deal massive damage for any class it even allow you to stand on floor with dot damage.
    That is not even true. GFs and OPs can stack DR much easier and get 95% DR and be nearly immune to damage. Of course in PVP, all healing needs to be toned down through depression, but in PVE, self-healing is fine as it is. I do not see where you are coming from, except that you want to remove solo play from the game and make DPS classes have to team up with Devo Paladins at all times just to do dailies.
    potions is an option poeple rarely or do not use .
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    When tank classes.. (pallies and gfs for the most part) arent murdering people like they are now I might be able to agree with you. Also how is a GWF supposed to fight trs, gfs, hrs, pallies or sws without it? I think you are being extremely short sighted.

As a counter proposal I think they should turn down deflect severity. Now that stat is totally insane. Why should anyone have 50- 75% deflect severity before potions? Thats crazy. Also they should apply piercing dmg resistance to pvp armor that would be great.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

When tank classes.. (pallies and gfs for the most part) arent murdering people like they are now I might be able to agree with you. Also how is a GWF supposed to fight trs, gfs, hrs, pallies or sws without it? I think you are being extremely short sighted.

As a counter proposal I think they should turn down deflect severity. Now that stat is totally insane. Why should anyone have 50- 75% deflect severity before potions? Thats crazy. Also they should apply piercing dmg resistance to pvp armor that would be great.

on my post you can see i said: defence and deflect to reduce any damage. if they remove lifesteal they need remove and the piercing.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

No, They would have to rework the whole temptation tree plus feats and powers from other classes and you would effectively kill solo play.

They'd have to rework all the dungeons in the game too. I don't really understand why people think that Cryptic is capable of doing large sweeping changes to the game like nerfing lifesteal. The last time they tried that was mod 6 and look where that got them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

kemi1984 said:

They are not going to remove lifesteal, there is a SH boon for it that costs real dollars to get. You have a new nerf request every month, you should find a new game cuz you sure are unhappy with this one.

And you Sir, maybe should find one too, because most of the things you write about GF's or DC's is "plz nerf".
    I don't get the whole nerf crusade, stick to the game you want to play and stop trying to change/ruin it for others.
    Well, look at what I said. GFs and DCs do not need DPS classes. They can run ALL of the content without them. So, wanting to nerf DPS classes' survivability is totally absurd when support classes can survive, do DPS, and also buff/debuff AT THE SAME TIME. GF and DC are broken overpowered, anybody with sense knows this, too many roles without trade-offs. i do not care about nerfs, I am saying self-healing for DPS classes is fine and lifesteal is fine as long as support classes do not need DPS classes for anything. Bottom line.
    I will not mess up the topic.
    I will just say that you don't care about nerfs yet time and time again you state the same things :D

You're accusing a player of nerf threads and still ask for nerfs yourself :expressionless:

So yeah...whatever.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Yes.. I would LOVE it if they removed my only chance of surviving more than 5 seconds vs a good combat ranger. /sarcasm off

Buff GWF or GTFO.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited April 2017

Yes.. I would LOVE it if they removed my only chance of surviving more than 5 seconds vs a good combat ranger. /sarcasm off

Buff GWF or GTFO.

Get 42% lifesteal and 180k hp like me on xbox and you can almost fight them in their plant growth while they are at-willing you. They dont know what to do when they cant instantly melt you believe me its pretty funny.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    mousebreaker85#4641 mousebreaker85 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    lol TR can already be 1shot by trash mobs and life steal does nothing for this with Thier tin foil armor.
    Healers are necessary buffers and on most end game constant buffs and debuffs must be placed which generate enormous amounts of threat can you imagine if they were the sole healing also..
    Who would play a healer?
    In almost every mmo the healer is for the tank and the dps must be self sufficient. Which is. NO diff in NWO
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2017

kemi1984 said:

kemi1984 said:

They are not going to remove lifesteal, there is a SH boon for it that costs real dollars to get. You have a new nerf request every month, you should find a new game cuz you sure are unhappy with this one.

And you Sir, maybe should find one too, because most of the things you write about GF's or DC's is "plz nerf".
    I don't get the whole nerf crusade, stick to the game you want to play and stop trying to change/ruin it for others.
    Well, look at what I said. GFs and DCs do not need DPS classes. They can run ALL of the content without them. So, wanting to nerf DPS classes' survivability is totally absurd when support classes can survive, do DPS, and also buff/debuff AT THE SAME TIME. GF and DC are broken overpowered, anybody with sense knows this, too many roles without trade-offs. i do not care about nerfs, I am saying self-healing for DPS classes is fine and lifesteal is fine as long as support classes do not need DPS classes for anything. Bottom line.
    I will not mess up the topic.
    I will just say that you don't care about nerfs yet time and time again you state the same things :D

You're accusing a player of nerf threads and still ask for nerfs yourself :expressionless:

So yeah...whatever.
    Oh, you are a DPS GF? Go, figure. The nerfhammer is coming for you. :p
    lol. Yeah, sometime after the year(s) it'll take them to get through balance for CW, TR and GWF.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

No, They would have to rework the whole temptation tree plus feats and powers from other classes and you would effectively kill solo play.

They'd have to rework all the dungeons in the game too. I don't really understand why people think that Cryptic is capable of doing large sweeping changes to the game like nerfing lifesteal. The last time they tried that was mod 6 and look where that got them.
    That was a trick to make the regeneration and the lifesteal more expensive. Under of the name of the "balance" they changed them atm after 6 modules we have back the regeneration when we want with the insignia bonuses drowned weapons and lifesteal boon and now and a lifesteal weapon set even with chance.
    Even at module 6 i was comfortable to play the game even on alts they had just basic gear and stone and no active companions at all.
    MODules after modules took the necessary amount of lifesteal and even on my alt gwf stil have the basic gear he can survive attacking with minimum attention or no attention at all on mobs move because the damage converts to restore health.......... with 100%! severity.

WEll if they cant remove the lifesteal they could reduce the severity to 10% that will make the boon a secondary source of defense and dark enchantments and the lifesteal boon will not be obsolete.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Mob damage is the core issue, life steal is a secondary problem.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Rework, yes, remove, no. It's clear that it's too powerfull, t was thanks to life steal (and 3 scrolls of life ^^) that i managed to solo second boss on MSP with an SW.

Tanky classes don't need much life steal because mitigation provided by party + self will ensure it is enough so tune down the % will result in the same we have now.

What i think should be done:
    1. Remove weapon enchantment from life steal, for a simple reason, dotted WE currently life steal, and supposing i deal 10k with a WE dot (flaming, perfectly possible), what i will really life steal will be 10k*ls sev 1*ls sev 2*.....*incoming healing 1*incoming healing 2, so for example, regeneration gives 2% incoming healing, a boon 2%, and a companion 6% just from incoming healing it will result in 10k*1,02*1,02*1,06, endless consuption will not apply from this result, im not sure how it is working but the chance goes for something around 30% and something around 3 times more life stolen. So this DOT will create powerfull a healing effect over time for all classes and since it wouldn't make sense remove from ones but not others all WE should have this removed.

2.Making life steal something more granted in the moment, temptation warlocks are healers in the very term of the word, people expect them to provide healing always so other supports could be relieved from the pressure (or at least in theory), adding a 5% life steal chance will often be as good as nothing.

What would work:
    A class multiplier and feats rework, for example we have GWF that benefit more from HP because of higher DR, so arcane classes (SW and CW) and sneaking classes (TR) could be more able to life steal naturally, putting some numbers to the context:

Base life steal chance of all classes: 0%
    Life steal chance of all classes at 1000 LS ->10%
    Life steal chance of all classes at 2000 LS->19%
    Life steal chance of all classes at 3000 LS->27%
    Life steal chance of all classes at 4000 LS->34%
    Life steal chance of all classes at 5000 LS->40%
    Life steal chance of all classes at 6000 LS->45%
    Life steal chance of all classes at 7000 LS->49%
    Life steal chance of all classes at 8000 LS->52%
    Life steal chance of all classes at 9000 LS->54%
    Life steal chance of all classes at 10 000 LS->55%

Base life steal amount of
    SW: 4%
    CW: 3%
    TR: 3%
    GWF: 2%
    GF: 2%
    DC: 1%
    OP: 1%

Life steal chance from TOD boon:
    8/10/12%
    Life steal amount granted from life steal severity stat:
    Each point above 100% / 10, so supposing now it means 120% LS severity, changed to 2% life steal amount;
    And respectively from EF set: 10% life steal amount for 10 seconds every 30 seconds.
    Endless consumption: 1% LS amount, 10% LS chance.

This is just an example, bad math but i think it would work after edges trimmed.

• Options

Or, they could leave it alone and focus on more pressing issues, like bugs and class balance.

I don't know about you, but i really miss healers in the game. And this means class balance, add all the above and compare to what we have now, look for the latest Pavlos.T video on youtube i laughed really hard watching those fights, in pvp now:
    SW low IL -> sheat;
    High IL-> Decent dps, imortal, usually wins by enemy tear down over time, can only be killed by combos and can avoid combos easly by deflection or shift imunity and if not by that by high HP that is a main stat for SW's.

• Options

Well, I do not think most "healers" want to heal. They go for DPS, even Devo Paladins are in it for DPS. The heal ship sailed long ago. There are de/buffers who get a thrill from speedrunning and Paingiver chasers who like to play support classes as DPS cuz it is cheesy. Support players are very rare now. Even if healing was brought back, you are going to have a hard time finding somebody willing to heal you.

That is mostly because of paingiver, a stupid chart that keeps ruining my runs, as soon as i slot KV a pothead runs to the mobs and suicides then starts saying stuff like "tank dps trash tank"(i am tactician with but as i went to jagged blades instead the useless protector feats i can put put out a reasonable amount of damage and still give a lot of buffs/debuffs), there is no team spirit, just paingiver spirit. And i wouldn't need a healer, i would be the healer....or not if not needed, that's what loadouts are for after all, provide that flexibility while now that flexibility is not needed, can't fully blame life steal, there is another problem as big as life steal called engine inspiration, but life steal could definitively use a rework.

• Options

Well, I do not think most "healers" want to heal. They go for DPS, even Devo Paladins are in it for DPS. The heal ship sailed long ago. There are de/buffers who get a thrill from speedrunning and Paingiver chasers who like to play support classes as DPS cuz it is cheesy. Support players are very rare now. Even if healing was brought back, you are going to have a hard time finding somebody willing to heal you.

IF lifesteal works everywhere at 100% severity + why i need to try to heal you? Why you need my heal? WHy our severity is stronger feature than the healing aspect from some classes?
    CRyptic make me to play dps dc dps devotion dps sw because "Current lifesteal stat" overperforming and make useless the healing aspect of those classes.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

You've apparently never interacted with any players who chose a DC or DevOP or Templock because of how desperately they enjoy healing in an MMO and how heartbroken they are that their preferred role is viewed as unnecessary and it's buff or DPS or GTFO.

Players very much want to heal, but they often find themselves excluded if that's all they have to offer. That's not by choice, it's imposed by meta.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I would be okay with removing lifesteal, but not before boss/mob attacks get changed.

Currently, the issue is that lifesteal essentially keeps you at full HP as long as you aren't oneshotted. This issue is the reason why the newer enemies/bosses have oneshot mechanics (ex: Call of Winter or FBI hill climb rocks).

If you remove lifesteal, then you still have the issue of healers having nothing to heal because you cannot heal somebody who has been oneshotted. (well, technically, you can heal the floor inspector when you pick them up/they get Soulforged).

So, you would need to rework enemy attacks so healers have time to react and heal their teammates.

Some attacks, like weak mobs of zombies, shouldn't do much damage individually but make up for it in numbers. I would say leave these types of attacks as is.

For the tougher enemies and bosses, attacks would need to be balanced around being able to survive the hits so the players can survive them, but require massive healing from teammates.

I would balance the damage of these elite mobs/bosses around having an "effective HP" value which is calculated purely off HP and DR (calculating it with Deflect will likely result in some wildly off values).

If you meet the minimum effective HP quota for a elite mob/boss' attack, you'll barely survive the boss' attack with 1-5% of HP to spare (ie, the moment where you need to take a potion or pray your healer is paying attention). If you have less, well, down you go. If you have more, then you survive with more HP to spare, which gives your healer more time to react.

My $0.02.

___

A question to you classic through Mod5 vets: when has lifesteal been balanced/healers wanted? When lifesteal didn't exist in large quantities?

I am legitimately curious, since I only joined this game at the tail end of Mod5.

The only time I've seen healers wanted was in Mod6-7, when everyone thought lifesteal was useless and the ArmorPen bug was in effect.

(I think that the Mod6 ArmorPen bug days were actually the days when PvE was the most balanced, as all roles were appreciated and teams had to work together to win. For most teams, DPSers had to let their tanks take point, the Controllers were useful for keeping certain mobs locked down to buy the team time, DPSers had to focus their targets, people had to respect attacks or die, healing was needed to be able to survive the insane damage, so on and so forth.)