test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Sword Coast Chronicles Redesign

midnightlight#2361 midnightlight Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 45 Cryptic Developer
Hi everyone! This is the feedback thread for the redesign of the Sword Coast Chronicles.

We're excited to unveil a new layout for the Sword Coast Chronicles which can be found under a new tab in the journal. Players can now see more without scrolling, have the ability filter, sort and quickly see the status of their deeds and campaigns (locked, available, in progress (campaigns only), ready to claim reward and completed). Deed rewards can be claimed right from the journal. Special event campaigns have their own treatment and will be moved to the bottom of the list while not active.

We hope this new layout is helpful and are excited to hear your feedback!

Known issues: Art polish still in progress
Post edited by noworries#8859 on

Comments

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The new book looks great and it's also easier to navigate.

I copied from my previous posts:

The store will remain from last visited store and the cam pain is complete, not 86%.

These are stores of the campaign issues so not quite related, just in case you wanna take a look, they are not game breaking issues:

Dragon's thirst (one of the choices for final boons in ToD campaign) claims to give 3%/4%/5% life steal yet the first rank gives 4%, second 5% and probably 3rd 6%, i don't have so i don't know.

Paladins cant reclaim a shield of the golden dragon from harper's legion merchant however it can be purchased from the campaign store window.

Previewing an armor/weapon piece through the campaign window vendor will send the preview back, not allowing rotation, zooming etc...this gets fixed by going back 1 step on the store, needing to go back always to preview another armor.

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I love it.

Easy to see when a task is done and claimable. Can filter out the low level stuff, and sort it and filter the rest. It's Great !
    And it fits the visual language with the book theme.

(Now, cough, if only the quest log can get the same love cough)
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    An improvement indeed. It is annoying to have 86% for the "Benign Order..." and 200% for Sharandar, though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    #1 This is an issue even on the live server, and has already been mentioned by others, but the Benign Order of the Third Eye is always at 86% even after you finish it.

#2 I would like to see a filter by "Has Claimable Rewards", but overall is a vast improvement over the scrollbar nonsense we have on live.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    I get a flag when I have something (only Sharandar) at 125% completion.

The reason for that is this Campaign Task

What I would like to have is the whole Campaign blink in the journal if there is a completed task, like a key or something else. Not as it is now. Only blinking when we select the campaign and take a look at the bottom right corner
    The current system on live asks of us to click on every campaign to find the completed task and it's very annoying and time consuming.

Or instead of blinking you can make a new icon to appear next to the Campaign in the journal so we know it's that campaign.

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

Hi everyone! This is the feedback thread for the redesign of the Sword Coast Chronicles.

Great work, it looks really nice and is so much easier to navigate for the lore/story features! :smile:

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    vida44 said:

What I would like to have is the whole Campaign blink in the journal if there is a completed task, like a key or something else. Not as it is now. Only blinking when we select the campaign and take a look at the bottom right corner
    The current system on live asks of us to click on every campaign to find the completed task and it's very annoying and time consuming.

Or instead of blinking you can make a new icon to appear next to the Campaign in the journal so we know it's that campaign.

Please no blinking, there is a unique Icon now, a "trophy" when you have something to collect... You can't miss it. Why you need blinking stuff? It will be like Web pages from the 90's, hallucinating, epilepsy inducing blinks.

What indeed can be nice is a Key icon for only key completed claims. So it will be trophy for any campaign task, key for a key claim task, and to fit in the one column a combined trophy and key icon on both.
  • Options
    vida44 said:

^^^^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^^

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited March 2017
    micky1p00 said:

vida44 said:

Please no blinking, there is a unique Icon now, a "trophy" when you have something to collect... You can't miss it. Why you need blinking stuff? It will be like Web pages from the 90's, hallucinating, epilepsy inducing blinks.

What indeed can be nice is a Key icon for only key completed claims. So it will be trophy for any campaign task, key for a key claim task, and to fit in the one column a combined trophy and key icon on both.
    This would be nice, but I don't like the blinking idea. The New icon idea would be better, in my opinion.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

vida44 said:

In that picture I had a completed key in the Underdark campaign. As you can see nothing looks different.
  • Options
    vida44 said:

micky1p00 said:

vida44 said:

In that picture I had a completed key in the Underdark campaign. As you can see nothing looks different.
    @vida44

Looks like the Underdark is bugged:

Before claiming:

Claiming

After claimed:

Making another:

(the keys on preview were completed immediately)
  • Options
    I think the difference is that underdark is 100% complete while those that do show the trophy are not. The 100% completion overrides the claim icon.
  • Options
    midnightlight#2361 midnightlight Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 45 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for all your feedback so far!

The store button will remain from last visited store and the campaign is complete, not 86%.

Two issues here: The store button is there because a new campaign window was opened without closing the last one, this has been fixed. The second is an issue with the amount of currency needed to get the campaign progress to 100% we're looking at a fix from programming.
    adinosii said:

It is annoying to have 86% for the "Benign Order..." and 200% for Sharandar, though.

As above, the "Benign Order..." fix is in progress and Sharandar being over 100% is now fixed internally. Hopefully you will see that soon with the next build.
    micky1p00 said:

The 100% completion overrides the claim icon.

You are correct! This has been fixed. (So no flashing is needed, whew!)
    micky1p00 said:

I love it. (Now, cough, if only the quest log can get the same love cough)

This is something that's certainly on the table but not yet in progress.

Just a heads up the key icon is unlikely because of the hard coding it would require.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Just one minor addition: Please sort the campaigns descending. At some point all toons needs to scroll down (up in the current version) to get to the endgame campaigns. It's very annoying.​​
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Please add an automatic select of the campaign depending on the zone you are in.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    loboguild wrote: »
    Just one minor addition: Please sort the campaigns descending. At some point all toons needs to scroll down (up in the current version) to get to the endgame campaigns. It's very annoying.

Sorry for me being stupid, just realized this is already implemented :D​​
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I am loving the redesign and excited that work is planned for the journal too (mine are always such an awful mess).

This also looks like it will work out really well for console players.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I wonder what the points will be for.

@midnightlight#2361 i am sure there are more missions out there but at least these can't be dropped:
    Lay of the land;
    Sacrificial Victims
    Skin and bones;
    Can you add a search box for the lore to find lores we forgot the origin and don't have to search them all? And please, seriously, make window saying " You are queuing for this epic content for the first time, if you don't read the battle tactics a very nasty virus will infect your computer, uninstall NWO and install my little pony".
    I am kidding obviously, my point is battle tactics unlock while inside the dungeon/skirmish, many players are not prepared and simply want to keep going, the fact that the team is waiting and there is just that little "new lore announcement" will make sure that the player wont give a damn about it, can you make something about it?

PS: One other thing, so far to obtain the completion for each zone while leveling it's not required to complete the dungeon but simply get in, many people get in and go out just to receive the items(insignia/professions pack etc).

• Options

i am sure there are more missions out there but at least these can't be dropped:
    Lay of the land;
    Sacrificial Victims
    Skin and bones

These are the special Well of Dragons intro versions of those quests, and formerly being able to drop them put WoD into a broken state (mostly for players who got to the Warden, got trounced, and abandoned the quest) because they were not possible to pick up again to complete the intro chain.

If you don't want those quests kicking around, I'd advise either not starting the zone at all, or finishing the tutorial. Get help with Sacrificial Victims if you need.

The repeatable daily version of all these quests can be dropped. You can tell the difference by their text colour.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited March 2017

i am sure there are more missions out there but at least these can't be dropped:
    Lay of the land;
    Sacrificial Victims
    Skin and bones

These are the special Well of Dragons intro versions of those quests, and formerly being able to drop them put WoD into a broken state (mostly for players who got to the Warden, got trounced, and abandoned the quest) because they were not possible to pick up again to complete the intro chain.

If you don't want those quests kicking around, I'd advise either not starting the zone at all, or finishing the tutorial. Get help with Sacrificial Victims if you need.

The repeatable daily version of all these quests can be dropped. You can tell the difference by their text colour.
    They don't bother me at all, i could easily do them in 10 minutes as it is a dps character, IWD couldn't as well be dropped and devs make it to be (i know it was a temporary one)i just thought it would be the right place and time to mention it for the devs to make them droppable if they intend.

Hum....this reminds me of a broken quest that couldn't be finished but i cant remember where.
    Nvm, it was a quest that required not to change map and would fail on queue call.

• Options
    Well, those particular WoD quests aren't dailies and are undroppable for good reason, so they absolutely should not be changed (again). When they could be dropped, it was gamebreaking for people who dropped them.

If quests have yellow text, they are one-time. If blue, they are repeatable. Repeatable quests should be possible to be dropped. Non-repeatable quests, sometimes the game lets you pick them up again (levelling quests), but sometimes it breaks stuff (campaign intros).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

Well, those particular WoD quests aren't dailies and are undroppable for good reason, so they absolutely should not be changed (again). When they could be dropped, it was gamebreaking for people who dropped them.

If quests have yellow text, they are one-time. If blue, they are repeatable. Repeatable quests should be possible to be dropped. Non-repeatable quests, sometimes the game lets you pick them up again (levelling quests), but sometimes it breaks stuff (campaign intros).

Oh yeah sharandar, i couldn't get in there because i cancelled the mission Iliyasha gave me, that was quite a long time ago, good point.

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I think I've encountered a bug, the only campaigns I can access are Portobello and Respen. My boons are all there. The filter button does nothing to resolve anything, nothing appears, disappears, or changes order. On live, I have 86% of Benign Order (I don't need the bag), 65% of SKT, 25% on Cloaked Ascendency, and 7% of PvP. The rest read 100%, except for Sharandar (200%). I've tried this on multiple characters on Preview and it's the same for each, nothing. Did I miss something?
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I think I've encountered a bug, the only campaigns I can access are Portobello and Respen. My boons are all there. The filter button does nothing to resolve anything, nothing appears, disappears, or changes order. On live, I have 86% of Benign Order (I don't need the bag), 65% of SKT, 25% on Cloaked Ascendency, and 7% of PvP. The rest read 100%, except for Sharandar (200%). I've tried this on multiple characters on Preview and it's the same for each, nothing. Did I miss something?

Oops! A checkin wasn't picked up so we had some issues on SCC this weekend. An update should be in early this week to fix it. Thank you all for the feedback so far!

I am loving the redesign and excited that work is planned for the journal too (mine are always such an awful mess).

This also looks like it will work out really well for console players.

Thanks Becky! I'm looking forward to cleaning that up too. It's looking great on console, they'll be able to see so much more information at once.

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    You've done a fantastic job with it, Jules! <3
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ferblferbl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    NW.80.20170322a.4 Lurker

Upd. NW.80.20170322a.5 bug fix. Thx!
    Post edited by ferbl on
  • Options
    wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Please create separate tab for all camaign produced keys and stores (like Repeatable Rewards). There is a lot of keys to create in all camaigns and new desing increases amount of clicks further. With long mouse swings from one point to another. There should be no need for go to sharandar page after I completed one-time tasks for it. This is bad UI design.

Also could someone check if scaling on Dread Ring and Demonic campaigns was fixed. With interface scale 1.5 or 2.0.

Actually I liked previous live design more, because there were much less mouse clicks. The current live design requires more scrolling and clicking. Current design requires click on the left then opening campaign. Ideally it should appear as journal page, no additional clicks should be needed.
  • Options

Actually I liked previous live design more, because there were much less mouse clicks. The current live design requires more scrolling and clicking. Current design requires click on the left then opening campaign. Ideally it should appear as journal page, no additional clicks should be needed.

Currently on preview you are able to double click on the campaign name in the list to go straight to it. Filtering out the deeds and campaigns you are not working on should help with scrolling.

• Options

there needs to be an identifying marker for campaign tasks completed. with all the keys we can make I spend 10 minutes looking to see if I made a VT key on this toon or fbi key or tod key ect or a boon is done, or ,or ,or.

There is, the trophy you can see on Janne's screenshots. It should be fixed now according to the most recent build notes.

-The "Something to claim" icon now properly overrides the "Campaign completed" icon.

Neverwinter Census 2017