test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MOD 11+

imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello all,
Any idea when the new mod is coming?
It'll probably bring a Devoted Cleric and Great Weapon Fighter rework with it any info about those?
Will we finally get the loadouts or will they be post-spawned even later?
Supposedly it'll work with SH as MK told they'll be bringing the love back to SH..
Will it add the removed dungeons?

Comments

• Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    in his first live stream mimicking said they will focus next on the dc but they have no plans for a gwf balance, so its unlikely that the gwf will be reworked.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    M11 will depend entirely on whether WotC forces them to build another crappy campaign to support their book sales. They had one break when WotC released Ravenloft book, that's when we got Strongholds... hopefully M11 will represent another break. Hopefully also it will be a mod of QoL and bug fixes rather then more grinds.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Farming in SH ! The literally farming, plant crops, chase some chickens.

;p
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    kvet said:

hopefully M11 will represent another break. Hopefully also it will be a mod of QoL and bug fixes rather then more grinds.

I lol'd.

• Options
    kuero21 said:

in his first live stream mimicking said they will focus next on the dc but they have no plans for a gwf balance, so its unlikely that the gwf will be reworked.

Unfortunately he said so..
    kvet said:

M11 will depend entirely on whether WotC forces them to build another crappy campaign to support their book sales. They had one break when WotC released Ravenloft book, that's when we got Strongholds... hopefully M11 will represent another break. Hopefully also it will be a mod of QoL and bug fixes rather then more grinds.

QoL?
    He also mentioned in another QA that they will be helping the smaller guild too,and that we'll be getting the dungeons back very very soon..

@nitocris83
    Any idea when the new mod is going to be released or when we'll hear anything about the stuff mentioned above?
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    mod 11 probably come next year end spring season or begining summer season, btw dont expect too much from dev because low budget resources makes dev do less
  • Options
    I don't believe it will be later than February
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Major mod, 6 months. Mini-mod, like 10.5, maybe February.

Unless there is a dictate from above, I figure they will head back towards the Elemental Eye story they've got going.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Sorry, QoL = quality of life. Things like improving guild management, or providing a better queue UI, or reworking the pvp queue system so it's actually fair, or updating the pathetically outdated Ardent store, or allowing the guild bank to accept AD donations, or... well... you get the idea.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

mod 11 probably come next year end spring season or begining summer season, btw dont expect too much from dev because low budget resources makes dev do less

I never buy this argument. They recently touted their 2 million Playstation user base. So....
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    forsaken world guild "stuff" looks amazing specially the gvg and daily quest to provide guild funds and merits, on sunday midas events that provides 2xfunds after completing daily quests and player get diamonds just an idea, the only problem in fw is the graphic glitch were u see player char on spawn area but they arent afk. they already are in the front lines to battle
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    They have generally pushed 3 mods a year: (10.5 counting as a full mod in this scheme)
    * March
    * July
    * November

Some mods are smaller and then gives room for bigger mods following.

This scheme might change though, depending on the resource situation with Cryptic.
    If game income goes down, mods will be further between and/or smaller.

Since 10.5 was a very small mod, we can have some hope for big things in mod 11.

And yes, GWF certainly need to be target for some adjustments. And not upwards :)
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    mod 10b was quite good update remember the Campaign chronicles was a much smaller update compared to this one and it was the 9b mod. I'don't see the players getting less nor their profit getting lower...

it's not a need but that's what they claimed they'll do, in the near future my question is how close are we to this future.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @kvet
    "hopefully M11 will represent another break. Hopefully also it will be a mod of QoL and bug fixes rather then more grinds."
    This. Absobloodylutely this is what is needed.

Imagine building a one story building on a cracked and unstable foundation.

The building develops cracks in the walls and is unstable. But instead of fixing the foundation or the 1st level, you build a newer shinier 2nd level on top of the cracked and unstable 1st level on top of the cracked and unstable foundation. Rinse and repeat.

Option 1
    No new campaign in spring. Instead, major bug fixes occur including all major class bug fixes, bot barriers and maybe return of a few old dungeons

Option 2
    New Mod with new campaign tree and new currency built on the current broken foundation.

Which would you (players) prefer?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    Maybe refer to them as "original" dungeons rather then "old" but yeah. With what amounts to a full module's level of work getting things in order, they could radically improve the game.
  • Options
    I see you all have hope that smth better is coming :)
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    devs need to finish class rebalances and move to...

chest loot updates
    ardent/celestrial reward updates
    invoking/overflow xp reward updates
    profession node updates
    T-bar/AD vendor updates
    Bank/character tab updates, maybe add "Vault" system for storages.
  • Options
    metalraro#7399 metalraro Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    kuero21 said:

probably overpowered gwf, and nerf dc. why this game is gwf winter.
  • Options
    metalraro#7399 metalraro Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    my ideia my idea . Transform all characters into gwf, but so gwf archer, gwf socer, gwf mage, gwf healer, gwf tanker .... now is balance.
  • Options
    Yeah Gwf DC is good idea.. why shouldn't the clerics deal large amounts of damage too?
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    If they plan a class re-balance the OP should be included to complete another trio like before ( gf/hr/sw)
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    wylonus said:

devs need to finish class rebalances and move to...

chest loot updates
    ardent/celestrial reward updates
    invoking/overflow xp reward updates
    profession node updates
    T-bar/AD vendor updates
    Bank/character tab updates, maybe add "Vault" system for storages.

I agree with all of the above. The ardent catalog has been overlooked for a L-O-N-G time. Having said that, remember that it took them a very long time just to add a weapon for the OP in the ardent weapons list.

Nodes need to give us a reason to open them. Once you have all of your insignias, what's the point?

I too would love to see a return to the "old" dungeons but not as leveling ones. I want to run Spell Plague again (never thought I'd say that!).

I aim to misbehave