test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time to fight crime in another city! (A farewell from me)

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2016 in News & Announcements
Hey everyone,

I'd like to announce that we have another Community Manager joining our team, the amazing Julia (@nitocris83). I'll let her introduce herself more in another thread, but please welcome her to the team! She'll actually be working directly at Cryptic, which I'll talk more about later.

So what's this slight farewell from me? Well, I'll actually be taking a backseat and more of an advisory role going forward whereas Julia will do all the things you see me do now: blogs, social media, forums, events, live streams, developer communication, etc. When I mean advisory role, it means I'll only step in when I need to or give Julia advice when she asks with the understanding that I'll completely transition off of Neverwinter. This change won't happen immediately as we need to give Julia some time to get used to everything, but we'll be sure to let you know when I hit my advisory role - early-mid December.

As for what I'll be doing, I'm focusing on Gigantic and future projects at PWE, which I'm super excited about! So technically, I'll still be here :smile:.

These past 18 months have been incredible and I couldn't have asked for a better way to grow as not only a Community Manager, but a person. You guys have taught me so much, a lot of which I'll bring on to these future projects. Even when things got a chaotic - and sure did they get chaotic - I still enjoyed going to work every day for a game, which spoke so clearly to who I am. I've made some great bonds here and see a lot of you as my friends. Please continue reaching out to me and stay in touch! You can find me on Twitter @StrumSlinger. I made up that name for Neverwinter, but I'm gonna keep it!

As many of you know, I work at PWE, which is in a different building than Cryptic. With Julia now working at Cryptic, it'll make developer communication much easier as she can just walk on over and bug them :smile:.

I really do hope I made a difference with the game as was my intention when taking this role on last year. I have every bit of faith in Thomas and Julia to bring Neverwinter to a place you guys all want it to be - they're awesome! I haven't decided if I should do one last live stream, but we'll see.

Remember, with great rolling comes great responsibility!

With love <3,
Andy/Strumslinger/Spidey/Strum/Strummy/ASM (Asian Superman)/Clark Kent/all the nicknames you guys have given me in the past

P.S. Before portals to the Nine Hells opens, it was a difficult one, but I made the decision to work on future projects as it was something I couldn't let go. I still love Neverwinter! I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have in this thread.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    GG Strum, thx for putting up with us and Good Luck in your future endeavors.
  • Options
    spacequeen#6705 spacequeen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    What are they <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> us on now that you feel you need to move on ....

Anyways you did a good job dealing with all the players with all the ups and downs of Nw. Good luck on everything.
  • Options
    labruslabrus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    *silently salutes while playing Taps* :'(
    Team Fencebane
    Belphegor Fiendspawn and Ragnar Lodbrok to yer service
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Good luck in the future projects.
    You can be very proud about the job you did here.
    A very good CM.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    mikal#9243 mikal Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    No disrespect but maybe a new community manager will finally ban the exploiters who have ruined the in game economy. No names necessary
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Andy...

It was a pleasure to have you as our Community Manager! :)

For all of your hard work, particularly during some super crazy times, I'd like to say...

You're job wasn't an easy one, but it certainly was an full of interesting times to say the least!

Aside from that, I wish you the best of luck...

PS - Also best of luck to Julia (@nitocris83) as we are a crazy bunch to say the least... lol ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

No disrespect but maybe a new community manager will finally ban the exploiters who have ruined the in game economy. No names necessary

Community Managers don't have the power to ban anyone from the game. Only from the forums.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    At this point it doesnt matter i guess, damage was done. Best of luck on your new ventures
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Best wishes, its never easy dealing with any community. You did a good job here, considering how volatile things have been the last 1.5 years give or take.

• Options
    xxgolden1xxxxgolden1xx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Is she going to join #LGPG too?
  • Options
    ^ took the words out of my mouth lol
  • Options
    Cya Strum, thanks for taking the time to answers questions I had from time to time, best of luck to you.
  • Options
    morghulis21morghulis21 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    i hope she is beatifull
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    All things change, that's one constant in the universe. Train your padawan well. I'll see you around, I'm fairly sure of that... ;)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Thanks for all the help and care for us. I wish u great success!
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Is she going to join #LGPG too?

Andy was in that guild for 1 hour, did absolutely nothing, and everyone goes nuts. He's been in Team Fencebane since he started, and not a single person complains. Hmmmm....
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Strum noooooooo!
    I don't trust her with my secrets!

/bind "ctrl+s" $summon_npc strums linger $$ devmode7 $$ emote_notext point $$ say "with great rolling comes great responsibility"

You will be missed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    xxgolden1xxxxgolden1xx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    null
    1 hour really? I just asked a question and you come with your shield up. You should play a Guardian Fighter. (Heads up you don't need a beetle anymore since we don't need that much Defence anymore) Can't save em all Cpt.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Hey everyone,

I'd like to announce that we have another Community Manager joining our team, the amazing Julia (@nitocris83). I'll let her introduce herself more in another thread, but please welcome her to the team! She'll actually be working directly at Cryptic, which I'll talk more about later.

So what's this slight farewell from me? Well, I'll actually be taking a backseat and more of an advisory role going forward whereas Julia will do all the things you see me do now: blogs, social media, forums, events, live streams, developer communication, etc. When I mean advisory role, it means I'll only step in when I need to or give Julia advice when she asks with the understanding that I'll completely transition off of Neverwinter. This change won't happen immediately as we need to give Julia some time to get used to everything, but we'll be sure to let you know when I hit my advisory role - early-mid December.

As for what I'll be doing, I'm focusing on Gigantic and future projects at PWE, which I'm super excited about! So technically, I'll still be here :smile:.

These past 18 months have been incredible and I couldn't have asked for a better way to grow as not only a Community Manager, but a person. You guys have taught me so much, a lot of which I'll bring on to these future projects. Even when things got a chaotic - and sure did they get chaotic - I still enjoyed going to work every day for a game, which spoke so clearly to who I am. I've made some great bonds here and see a lot of you as my friends. Please continue reaching out to me and stay in touch! You can find me on Twitter @StrumSlinger. I made up that name for Neverwinter, but I'm gonna keep it!

As many of you know, I work at PWE, which is in a different building than Cryptic. With Julia now working at Cryptic, it'll make developer communication much easier as she can just walk on over and bug them :smile:.

I really do hope I made a difference with the game as was my intention when taking this role on last year. I have every bit of faith in Thomas and Julia to bring Neverwinter to a place you guys all want it to be - they're awesome! I haven't decided if I should do one last live stream, but we'll see.

Remember, with great rolling comes great responsibility!

With love <3,
    Andy/Strumslinger/Spidey/Strum/Strummy/ASM/all the nicknames you guys have given me in the past

P.S. Before portals to the Nine Hells opens, it was a difficult one, but I made the decision to work on future projects as it was something I couldn't let go. I still love Neverwinter! I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have in this thread.</p>

Strum, sorry to hear you go. You've been with the community, trying to keep everyone optomistic when hard times fell. It's kind of weird knowing that you're not going to be the community mod anymore...

Best of luck in the future!

(Also, personal question: I recall you once said something about being a fighting game fan. Which fighting game(s) were you a fan of?)

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Sad to see you moving on Andy, best of luck with the new projects.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Sad to see you go, all the best for your future endeavours.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    You were a damn fine CM, good luck on your next dungeon!!

• Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    goodbye andy
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING ON NEAR FUTURE AND ALL THE BEST TO YOU @strumslinger