test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extra Life 2016 Live Stream - November 5

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We’ll be hosting a 13-hour live stream session at the Perfect World Twitch channel on November 5 where we'll be doing some major giveaways and accepting donations!

You can even start donating now to receive the items from the table at the bottom of the blog!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10237463-extra-life-2016-live-stream-november-5

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Seeing the table of rewards has reminded me that undelivered Extra Life rewards was a long dragged-out issue for Akro. I hope everything is set to go more smoothly now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The $12,500 target reward is rather weak compared to last year. We get enough 2 x enchants and runestones as it is - just saying.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I've got it all covered this year :).

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    I already have all of the packs, but I kicked in $100 anyway. Let's put it to good use :smile:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Are the PS4 mounts blue or purple? I already donated to two other Extra Life campaigns but if there is a purple one in there I'd rather get one through a donation than buying it outright. My BF needs a purple mount - he's too slow on that blue spider.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Well, I can only say that if I'm gonna donate it will certainly not be because the prizes are so forthcoming on Cryptic part.
    15$ and I get a title? 25$ and I get a useless companion? Cryptic should step up a bit on the prizes part. You were giving away titles for 1-5$ on HumbleBundle.
    ravenskya said:

Are the PS4 mounts blue or purple? I already donated to two other Extra Life campaigns but if there is a purple one in there I'd rather get one through a donation than buying it outright. My BF needs a purple mount - he's too slow on that blue spider.

The boar and howler are unique community rewards, basically a slow mount with a cool appearance. Unless the cube is different to the one in the Zen store, it's blue.
    vida44 said:

Well, I can only say that if I'm gonna donate it will certainly not be because the prizes are so forthcoming on Cryptic part.
    15$ and I get a title? 25$ and I get a useless companion? Cryptic should step up a bit on the prizes part. You were giving away titles for 1-5$ on HumbleBundle.

I don't think this should be the main reason why anyone would make a donation. :|

Neverwinter Census 2017

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2016

vida44 said:

I don't think this should be the main reason why anyone would make a donation. :|
    I agree wholeheartedly but my point stands - last year we got double refinement for reaching the target but this year we would only get yet another 2 x enchants and runestones, which is akin to Tymora's Gift event imo. As I said, we get that event fairly regularly as it is.

I know this is for a super good cause and all but some people still like getting something out of it, and Cryptic aren't exactly encouraging people to donate with those prizes on offer. I donated last year and will likely do so again this year but $15 for a mere title is rather poor form.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    That is what I was aiming on. Encouragement. Prizes are a side bonus and I get that, but make them so that I would want to give more. You know, when I say that I'll give 25$ because 50$ is a bit too much on my budget. But then I see a cool shiny thing and say "what the hell, it's for a good cause and I would love to have that. Next month I'll eat only lettuce". That kind of encouragement. Watler is not one of those.
    metalldjt said:

are you making these items : companion , mount claimable on ALL toons ?

And this is a good question. I would like to know this also.
  • oabluebirdoabluebird Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Since I will be away from the computer all day sat. I won't be able to be a part of the stream, but I still want to donate. Can I make a Donation before the stream and still get the reward tier? or does it only count during the Stream?

Since I will be away from the computer all day sat. I won't be able to be a part of the stream, but I still want to donate. Can I make a Donation before the stream and still get the reward tier? or does it only count during the Stream?

Per the blog post, when you donate, you need to provide information about your NW account so that rewards can be distributed. That would be in effect any time.

There will be additional giveaways during the Stream, probably by raffle. But those have nothing to do with the tiered rewards for donation.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    All rewards will be given through a code, so you're free to keep the code or give it away. Many of the community-only rewards like the Rainbow Panther are on one character only.

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Is it true that there was an announcement during the stream that the STK update is being delayed by a week, i.e. not going to drop tomorrow on November 8th as previously announced ?
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    hey, really? that should explain why we dont even get that promised monday key blog and overall silence instead of promoting new mode
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

hey, really? that should explain why we dont even get that promised monday key blog and overall silence instead of promoting new mode

It was mentioned by another Cuild member while I was playing online earlier today which is why I asked on here for some official confirmation (or denial).

A lack of response from Cryptic so far is probably due to the time difference. They may not even be in work to read this yet >:)

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    qexotic said:

vinceent1 said:

It was mentioned by another Cuild member while I was playing online earlier today which is why I asked on here for some official confirmation (or denial).

A lack of response from Cryptic so far is probably due to the time difference. They may not even be in work to read this yet >:)

i just observe beginning of the stream. Strum and other devs said directly Nov8 without any doubts
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @strumslinger

Where can I find video from livestream? I did not have a chance to watch it live, because of timezones. Im intrested especially in stream about Neverwinter Online.
  • iamriversongiamriversong Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So.... it is now Nov 26th and still no word on our rewards? I am totally hanging to get down and boogie on my rainbow starry panther! Maybe I have not investigated enough but seems they are not yet available?

Do we have an ETA for the rewards yet? Surely if this isnt the first time its been done then it should be easy especially if theyre only claimable by one toon - get from the Rewards Claim Merchant or post to us in our in game post?
  • reconjsh#7545 reconjsh Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I too am wondering when the rewards will be distributed. I'm not demanding them "now"... I just want to know when to expect them. ("now" would be nice though - lol)

I too am wondering when the rewards will be distributed. I'm not demanding them "now"... I just want to know when to expect them. ("now" would be nice though - lol)

I finally received an email from the PWE Community Team. Basically, they're working on them now and should have them out before the end of the year.
  • iamriversongiamriversong Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    An ingame email or to your actual email account? I have heard nothing at all except your comment on here. As you said, although "now" would be fabulous, even having a scheduled date would be great eg like ingame events are scheduled!
    Out of game. Perfect World Support provided me the PWE Community email address. I emailed them three weeks ago and got an email response yesterday. Their actual response was:

"Thanks for the message and sorry for the late reply. The holidays are extremely busy for us! We’re working on getting all the prizes out by the end of the year. We’re actually working on them as we speak. We were able to retrieve your information and we can confirm you’re on the list."

I had also emailed and received a response from Extra Life Support. Their response was what I expected. Basically, they don't have any news or direct influence over the time line, but if it takes a long time, let them know and they will escalate it. PWE solicited donations on Extra Life's behalf and they want to be sure donors are getting what was promised.

I as polite and clear in my emails was that I don't mind if it takes a while; I just want to know what to expect. PWE Community has set my expectations as "by the end of the year" and I'm content with that.

There are rumors that previous, similar promotions did not deliver on their promise, but all three support departments were very friendly and I feel assured that we'll get our rewards. Like you, I was hoping for a faster turnaround, but "one month after the end of the donation period" isn't unreasonable, in my opinion. I'll update this thread as appropriate.
    I replied to PWE Community thanking them for the response and asked how the codes would be delivered. Here was their response yesterday:

The codes will be delivered through email. We’ve actually been sending them out this entire week, but since it’s one at a time, it may take a few more days.

Cheers.
  • rickywade123rickywade123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hi I was just wondering when the physical rewards will be mailed like the miniatures or other items won. And I noticed the stream was taken down off the twitch channel where can the extra life oct. 8 stream be watched Thanks
    I received the code for my Rainbow Starry Panther yesterday. And now I'm flying around Neverwinter in style!

Their message with the code: "Thank you so much for donating to Extra Life this year and supporting our team! You’ll find codes for your rewards below. Each item is only claimable on one character, so please make sure to choose accordingly. Once again, thanks for making a difference and helping out children’s hospitals around the country.

Due to some issues with the other codes, we’re giving away the Rainbow Starry Panther first, so you can enjoy it earlier. We’ll respond to this e-mail when the other codes are functioning properly. Please redeem it on the Arc App on Xbox One."

Cheers.
  • rickywade123rickywade123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    still no remarks on the physical rewards won such as the miniatures just wondering if anyone that won any of the mailed items had received theirs yet . thanks
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Mine arrived yesterday: one large frost giant figure and three smaller figures were in the box. They came with a note asking for a pic (I guess to make sure they arrived safely) and a post on Twitter or facebook. I'm not on either, so I figured I'd post here. They look great, except that one of the horns on the frost giant's helmet was broken. I took care of that with a drop of super glue.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured