test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Coming to PlayStation®4 on July 19

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Our release date has finally come!

Adventurers will also be able to get a head start by purchasing the Onyx Head Start Pack beginning July 12 and play one full week before it opens up to everyone.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/10047463

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    vespy89#0697 vespy89 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    will we be able to pre-purchase it before the 12th?
  • Options
    merdone1212merdone1212 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'd like to know if it was possible to pre-purchase the pack before the 12th as well, also, are the dates referring to the USA or Worldwide?
  • Options
    exusarmyranger#8228 exusarmyranger Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Can some elaborate on the mount "specifics" included in the "Oynx" pack please? Is it at least a "rare" mount?
    Post edited by exusarmyranger#8228 on
    "We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel (Holocaust Survivor and Human Rights Leader)

"Show respect even to the people that don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character but as a reflection of yours" - Dave Willis
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2016

I'd like to know if it was possible to pre-purchase the pack before the 12th as well, also, are the dates referring to the USA or Worldwide?

All dates and Times are Pacific Standard Time in the US. They haven't really grasped the Whole International Timezone thing yet.
    Because there's no such thing as an International Time Zone? UTC used to be called GMT...and that's about the closest one can get, given that most time zones are coordinated from the Prime Meridian.

Besides, it's not really that difficult to get Windows to display a clock in both your local time and any time zone you merry well please. Or use www.timeanddate.com .

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited June 2016

All dates and Times are Pacific Standard Time in the US. They haven't really grasped the Whole International Timezone thing yet.
    Because there's no such thing as an International Time Zone? UTC used to be called GMT...and that's about the closest one can get, given that most time zones are coordinated from the Prime Meridian.

Besides, it's not really that difficult to get Windows to display a clock in both your local time and any time zone you merry well please. Or use www.timeanddate.com .

Well thank you Colonel Confusion for that Clarification. No back to our regularly scheduled programming. The Company makes no attempt at clarification for New or Existing Players. Therefore little things like the international Dateline make for Confusion for people who end up a day ahead of the game for a period of time.
    So no the players already have the responsibility to test and Document the game it should not be their problem to add Proper global Times and Dates to their Official Communications.
    And you have said absolutely nothing that counters my point. It's not hard at all for a player to do a time and date conversion either through Windows or via the aforementioned website. Most companies will post relevant times for events and whatnot according to that company's individual locale.

If people can take the time to look up the latest Internet gossip and whatnot through Google, then it doesn't take any longer for them to use Google to look up a simple time zone conversion.

In fact, I just set my Windows clock to display PDT, UTC, and my local time all at once. Took me....thirty seconds, even counting the time I took to label each clock. I'll even provide directions how to do so, upon request.

There are twenty-four individual time zones in the world. It is not, and should not be, up to Cryptic to post the local time for every time zone so that people are spared the necessity of looking it up.

Windows posts your local time +/- UTC/GMT. PDT is -7 UTC. Shouldn't be hard to do the math from that point.

EDIT: Pacific Daylight Time is actually -7 hours UTC, not 8 as previously posted.

Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    will they be getting the summer festival right away or later or will they get it at all?
  • Options
    renegadebladesmanrenegadebladesman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What I'd like to know is if this is going to be region-locked to the US or if it will be a Worldwide release?
  • Options
    chadworth66chadworth66 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    When can we download/purchase early pack?
  • Options
    edited June 2016

When can we download/purchase early pack?

June 12. It'll be in the PS store if you're curious. Further info is in the link pinned to the top of the forums.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    xxxlabiousxxxxxlabiousxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My question isn't about the release date or early access as I will be buying into the early access, but about the races. I would like to play as a Dragonborn race, will that be available to play at the start as in first character, or will I need to create one and then purchase it later?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

My question isn't about the release date or early access as I will be buying into the early access, but about the races. I would like to play as a Dragonborn race, will that be available to play at the start as in first character, or will I need to create one and then purchase it later?

More than likely, you will need to purchase it later. I believe they require you to make a character and complete Blacklake before you can even purchase Zen, however, both Dragonborn packs do come with a free Race Reroll token, so my suggestion would be to to ahead and make the class you are wanting to make already, and use the Race Reroll token once you are able to purchase Zen and unlock the Dragonborn race.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    fearurfatefearurfate Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    This is great I'm starting on the 12th and my birthday is the 11th. Happy birthday to me! And thank you perfect world!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Will I be able to login and play with the account I registered on the PC system?
  • Options
    > EDIT: Pacific Daylight Time is actually -7 hours UTC, not 8 as previously posted.

The Event Timer states -8 Hours from Berlin to Neverwinter.
  • Options
    samandrial1samandrial1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User

Will I be able to login and play with the account I registered on the PC system?

importing characters from pc to xbox one or PS4 wont be a thing anytime soon unless theres great demand for it
  • Options

> EDIT: Pacific Daylight Time is actually -7 hours UTC, not 8 as previously posted.

Berlin is +1 UTC. Therefore you'd be 8 hours ahead of Pacific Daylight Time in the US.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

More than likely, you will need to purchase it later. I believe they require you to make a character and complete Blacklake before you can even purchase Zen, however, both Dragonborn packs do come with a free Race Reroll token, so my suggestion would be to to ahead and make the class you are wanting to make already, and use the Race Reroll token once you are able to purchase Zen and unlock the Dragonborn race.
    Also Balck LAke is like in night play so you can play buy and restar is you think you need...
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

I wish that would be nice and probably would make me buy my a PS4, since i still only have PS3
  • Options
    rafaelda said:

I wish that would be nice and probably would make me buy my a PS4, since i still only have PS3
    Unfortunately--and this has been stated multiple times--there will be no porting of account information from PC to PS4. As with the XB1 version, EVERYONE will be starting from scratch.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Berlin is +1 UTC. Therefore you'd be 8 hours ahead of Pacific Daylight Time in the US.

...but it's currently another +1 due to summer time so it's actually +9 from PDT.

Now, will we be able to 'claim' our current unlocks on the PC version on the PS4 version?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

...but it's currently another +1 due to summer time so it's actually +9 from PDT.

Now, will we be able to 'claim' our current unlocks on the PC version on the PS4 version?
    Nothing will transfer over. Everyone will be starting from scratch on the PS4. Think of it as a completely separate game, if that helps. Nothing you purchased on PC or Xbox will be present on PS4.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    exusarmyranger#8228 exusarmyranger Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Can a "Community Moderator" elaborate on the "Oynx Mount" please?

What rarity will it be?

Will it be available at a later time after the July 19th release or will it only be available for those that buy the "Head Start" pack?
    "We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel (Holocaust Survivor and Human Rights Leader)

"Show respect even to the people that don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character but as a reflection of yours" - Dave Willis
  • Options
    i do have a reasonable question to ask about the onyx head start pack. when will it be available on the 12th exactly? like the specific time? i think neverwinter server time reset is about 3am EST i dont quite remember im wondering if it will be around then or like 9am or what? i have to work that morning and would like to be able to purchase the head start pack and start the download so that way by the time i get home i am able to start playing and not have to wait for it to download.
  • Options

i do have a reasonable question to ask about the onyx head start pack. when will it be available on the 12th exactly? like the specific time? i think neverwinter server time reset is about 3am EST i dont quite remember im wondering if it will be around then or like 9am or what? i have to work that morning and would like to be able to purchase the head start pack and start the download so that way by the time i get home i am able to start playing and not have to wait for it to download.

This is just an assumption and by no means official, but more than likely, around 10 AM Pacific, 1 PM Eastern. This is usually the time events begin and end in the game.

I will try to find more information about the release time and the rarity of the mount tomorrow when people are back at work.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Alright thanks